[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cheap multi process welder

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
Hey /diy/, so I got rid of my 110 stick welder a while ago (century 70) and upgraded to a mig welder. Problem is it's that I can't practice very much becuase the price of flux core wire. So I devised this. Since the tip is always electrically hot, I decided to clamp it to the work piece and stick a rod in the ground clamp, thus making the polarity positive on the electrode side. It works pretty well with 3/16 6013. But I now have a bigger goal. I looked at a guide to make this particular welder dc, and ordered the part( black finned this with wires) to make it dc. Now to my question, would it be possible to make this a dc tig welder as well? I have a bottle of 100 argon and can get a tig whip for cheap.
Tldr; I need help with a ghetto multi process welder.
>>
And people wonder why there are so many deaths in the manufacture and construction industries.
>>
>>927142
It's just a transformer haha, I am also taking all proper safety precautions.
>>
>>927143
Yeah. Sure you are, OP.
>>
>>927145
So having a inline breaker, fully insulated gloves, fr rated gear and hearing and eye protection and the help of an electrician not being safe? I should add that this is not my first time around modifying welders or dealing with mains electricity.
>>
>>927146
I go everywhere in my car in reverse gear.

>go to all the trouble of implementing safety precautions to avoid anything going wrong with using something it wasn't designed for
>buy the right welder

One is much easier than the other and doesn't require a lot of bullshit and nonsense to try and mask the fact you're too tight to buy what you wanted in the first instance.
>>
>>927148
>buy the right welder
That right welder is sitting in my garage, problem is it that it's a 220, and I can't bring it to a friends house because a lot of my friends don't have 220 power. Also, a multi process machine from and importer is still going to cost 15 times as much as this (total cost 60 dollars) and will be the same quality.
>>
>>927149
>Problem is it's that I can't practice very much becuase the price of flux core wire.

So which is it OP. Is it because you wanted a gas shielded mig or because you want to play welder at sleep overs?
>>
>>927152
I am a welder by trade. And I never said anything about wanting this machine to be a gas shielded mig. I want to add tig welding functionality to it so I can do stainless and mild steel tig process, at places where I don't have the luxury of my bigger machines. I added a stick capability because I have a shit load of rod I can use to practice, without having to go through the hassle of pulling out my larger red or blue machine. So unless you can contribute anything helpful to this thread bugger off
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.