[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /diy/. Suppose one wanted to charge a 100W battery bank

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

Hey /diy/.

Suppose one wanted to charge a 100W battery bank from wind, solar, and a dc generator. Now I could probably use diodes to keep from charging my solar panels or turbines.

But the MPPT controller I'm using for my panels can be linked with other MPPT controllers. I think this would be ideal for ensuring my batteries aren't overwhelmed with multiple power sources simultaneously and my sources are safe.

My question is, could I use an MPPT charge controller for things besides solar? Like for an alternator, turbine, or dc charger?
>>
Yup. That's the beauty of MPPT chargers: they convert anything you throw at it to a proper charging voltage

You are making however some blank or incorrent statements, so you really need to study more about this topic or have a professional install your system, or else I'm forecasting you'll zap your panels, controller or yourself.

Plenty of video tutorials and explanations on the YewTubes
>>
>>925728
The only one I know of is the midnite classic 150 with a clipper which is EXPENSIVE. Most wind and hydro owners directly hook up a permanent magnet alternator direct to the batteries and use a voltage sensing controller to activate a relay. Look it up on missouri wind and solar. They have a few nice ones that you can program, which is needed since voltages can vary system by system and you need the set point slightly higher than your panels bulk charge so it wont interfere with the solar charge controller. Wind is a waste of time unless you have a premium wind spot and i do mean premium. Top of a hill, un obstructed no trees around and a 50 foot+ tower. Taller the better. 48 volts is mandatory for any windmill over 500 watts, 24 volts can do 1000. The cable costs are insane at 12 volt systems because of transmission distances. Honestly with enough PV you dont need hydo or wind but hydro is absolute god tier off grid power. Even a modest creek thats year round adds a level of power unheard of. Even if it only produces 100 watts an hour thats 2400 watts a day, that will keep the fridge from draining the batteries at night. It wont keep a air conditioner running but it will keep the batteries from sagging to much at night from light loads like lights and fans. Would really help on those cloudy days. Just remember, the controllers are parallel at the battery not the panels. Each controller has a separate string or array of panels. Midnite classics can handle up to 4 in parallel and they talk back and forth with a data cable. They also have a current limit mode so you can make sure you dont over charge or boil the battery.
That pick gets my dick hard.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.