[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Snow groomer scrapping

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: d.jpg (53KB, 900x500px) Image search: [Google]
d.jpg
53KB, 900x500px
Hey /diy/, next week i am gonna get the chance to scrap one of those and stay with everything i want from it. (electronics circuits and components overall, mechanical parts will tend to be too big and heavy)
So, what useful things do you think i could get from one of those?
>>
>>1199802
> it's another "have junk, wat do" thread.

We have no idea what your hobbies are. We have no idea what your skillset is. We have no idea what would be useful to you. How the fuck are we supposed to know?

Grab what you can, let it sit in your garage for 10 years, then throw it out. Whatever.
>>
>>1199802
what's so special about it if you're not going to get the engine/hydraulic pumps/motors/cylinders?

i guess switches (that you could get anywhere)
lights? (that you could get anywhere)
it probably doesn't need 'circuits'
>>
Scrap everything above the turntable and build a tank like those kids that bought a tracked CAT machine for $500 at auction and built a scale Tiger I on it for paintball.
>>
>>1199802
Think about the tools you have to work with the things it has. Do you have the stuff it takes to work with hydraulics? If you do then perhaps some neat robot, truck bed dumper, or cider press is in your future.

All those small parts are most likely not worth your time. It should have an alternator on it and you can do all manner of DIY power generation projects with those. Look for thick electrical wiring too.

I suggest you get the model number and brand name then get a service manual for it ($20-$30); like a Haynes car manual. You'll be able to look through all the electrical schematics and see how to open things up to get at them. You may even be able to repair it, if feasible and sell it for top dollar.
>>
>>1199915
Now that is a nice project. Even if you don't use it yourself, some upper-middle class paintball enthusiast would give you a good bit of cash for something like that.
>>
>>1199918
>paintball

And reenactors/airsoft people, depending on the year and tank model.
>>
>>1199919
Once you've got the tank built you can pretty much do whatever with it, but reenactors will get pissy if it's not 1/1 scale and as accurate as you can get it. The dream is to get 6-12 people with tanks in the same state at the same time and have a tank battle.
>>
>>1199925
>The dream is to get 6-12 people with tanks in the same state at the same time and have a tank battle.

They should be super easy to DIY. Even something as simple as an old riding lawn mower can be turned into a small tank. You just need to make a "track" for them. A zero-turn lawn mower would be ideal. "Funtrak" tanks in the UK remind me of go cart tanks.
>>
>>1199802
What's wrong with it? If take the whole fucking thing and slowly but steadily fix it into working condition.
But if it's in too shitty condition then yppuöö want to have the tracks, hydraulic motors, valves, pumps and shit. That is some versatile stuff! If the tracks work you can build some seriously cool stuff from that. All the small thingamajigs are useless. Hydraulics are valuable and useful!
https://www.google.fi/search?q=telah%C3%A4rveli&client=firefox-b&tbm=vid&prmd=ivns&source=lnms
>>
I'd part it out for money, then use money for tools and equipment.

The most versatile and rewarding project you will ever do is equipping yourself and fitting out a shop. Nothing else even comes close.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.