[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

lockpick general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 13

Let's have a lockpicking thread. Post projects, stories, questions, advice, etc.

I used to go to a lockpicking club on occasion and I enjoyed myself even though my skillset stayed very basic (I went maybe 5 times total). Eventually, the club disbanded and I moved out of town. I've been wanting to get back into it and eventually actually git gud: what tools and practice locks should I acquire? I was looking at pic reated, the pick set from TOOOL, but I've also had Peterson picks recommended to me.
>>
Peterson won't sell to you directly so you'd have to find another site
>>
>>1095506
get a sparrow set, they are cheap and sell to individuals. Don't go crazy either, get the basic bitch set until you progress

first practice on padlocks, you can buy master #3 for cheap. get comfortable with single pin picking, raking, and shimming.
then move on from there, look up bosnianbill on youtube. He will teach you everything that you need to know
>>
File: 20160802_165200.jpg (722KB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160802_165200.jpg
722KB, 3264x1836px
>>1095506
Here's my set.

Had to order it after my tenants decided they wanted to give me a blank key for their room. After changing the deadbolt locks they were shocked to see their room was open with a screwdriver and a new doorknob sitting on their bed.

I'm not pro, but I can get a door within a few mins.
>>
>>1095574
Mfw it takes under 1 mite and 3 tools to break into fuck near any car.

Suck a rounded window dick dodge...
>>
File: 1473534738883.jpg (30KB, 649x649px) Image search: [Google]
1473534738883.jpg
30KB, 649x649px
>>1095584
>>1095584
>Mfw it takes under 1 mite and 3 tools to break into fuck near any car. Suck a rounded window dick dodge...

Are you made because I'm not a professional thief?

What do you even
>>
>>1095574
I have that same set, picked a few work truck lock boxes
>>
>>1095584
>Mfw it takes under 1 mite and 3 tools to break into fuck near any car.

Takes even less to bust a window. Do you have a point besides the one on your head?

I used to do repos and we could back the snatch truck wheel lift under a car then drag it down the block with alarm blaring and locked tires smoking to get it off the deadbeat's property. Bystanders give no fucks.
>>
Had a lot of fun lockpicking but I find no interest in the hobby anymore.
My specialty was with Disk Tumblers.

anyone interested in buying my shit?
>>
>>1097701
You seem to have Abloys there, are they hard to pick? Also the exec seems to be pickable, judging by your tools. They are supposed to be hard to break but that is probably just the ASSA/ABLOY mafia talking shit in my corner of the world...
>>
>>1097705
>You seem to have Abloys there, are they hard to pick?
Insanely hard, even the (literally) oldest models from the early 1900s.
>Also the exec seems to be pickable, judging by your tools.
Not really. Someone has built a tool but its blueprints are not public
>They are supposed to be hard to break but that is probably just the ASSA/ABLOY mafia talking shit in my corner of the world...
It's not a meme - every shackle is made of hardened boron and the body is made from something ultra-hard, no idea what.
Not trying to shill but check out the video below to get an idea how tough they are
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yh46F3we1-M
>>
I picked my kwikset closet door open yesterday with nail clippers and a Bobby pin kek. Is lock picking that easy, or is it because I got lucky because two of the pins stuck easier than the other three? Or is it a cheap lock?
>>
How did you guys learn? I am very interested in giving it a shot, but I am not sure how to get started.
>>
>>1097701
Location and cost for sale
>>
>>1098115
Finland, asking for 150 EUR (negotiable)

Can probably ship internationally if you live somewhere far
>>
>>1097713
yeah.
>>
File: lock.jpg (42KB, 681x527px) Image search: [Google]
lock.jpg
42KB, 681x527px
Where I live, basically every single lock is for the D-shaped Abloy keys. All the lockpicking tutorials seem to be made for flat keys instead, so how do you pick a lock with a half-circle-shaped keyhole
>>
What does /diy/ think of BosnianBill?

https://www.youtube.com/user/bosnianbill

Does lockpicking videos on youtube. I know nothing about the hobby, but it's still neat to see the mechanics of different types of locks from around the world.

He's a professional locksmith, his videos are done kind of review style, both on the locks themselves and the tools of the trade. Sometimes his buddies send him custom made locks for him to pick on the show.
>>
>>1098123
Do that price includes some Finnish qt?
>>
File: 20161217_175423.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161217_175423.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
My tools
I bought them on deal extreme
The big lock I bought on a local shop and manage to open it the same day that i bought it
The small one i found and manage to open it too
I am just a beginner but it really fun and i think i will make it as my new hobby
>>
obligatory
http://toool.us/laws.html
>>
>>1100249
Fourth on the right, what's the purpose of it?
>>
>>1095506
Nice try tyrone, but your not going to steal my iphone today.
>>
>>1100360
Dont know yet...
>>
Anyone have any luck with American 5200s? I do not.
>>
>>1100360

>>1100611
Oops meant left, the crinkle one

Was drunk last night
>>
>>1100712
I thought so
Still idk never use it before
>>
>>1101062
its a rake for dimple locks, instead of picking each pin it just randomly strikes them hoping itl hit the magic set.
>>
File: pg1.jpg (86KB, 681x548px) Image search: [Google]
pg1.jpg
86KB, 681x548px
>>1099579
search for "The Pulldog files"
meant for Classics, but the same principle works on Profile and High Profile with some modifications
>>
>>1100322
jfc tennessee
>>
Anybody made their own? I've been trying with street bristles
>>
File: set.png (3MB, 1425x905px) Image search: [Google]
set.png
3MB, 1425x905px
Sup fellow enthusiasts, i am a realtiv enoob but here is my current set, no bogota sadly
>>
>>1097701
How long did you do it for
>>
>>1098043
>bosnianbill
bosnianbill and finding old lock picking books or general craftsmen books , I had a old guy show me a few tricks to , look in libraries books or those second hand book stores , flee markets are a good source to for old books , if my scanner was working id up load the basics but at last it dead and I'm to broke sorry
>>
>>1101741
>Dat flag

Have you had a go at pin-in-pin locks? They're angrily eat your own hair-level frustrating.
>>
>>1095506
>Want to try lockpicking
>Live in a province where ownership of lockpicking tools without being either a lockpick or apprentice lockpick is a crime in itself
>>
Got good books on the subject ?

I'd like to get into that too thos seems incredible.
>>
>>1103727
Here in the us the only state like that is tennessee
>>
One thing that really interests me about this locks stuff is how different the locks are in each corner of the world!! Its crazy how many different designs there are! I am in Australia and the locks seem "normal" but I believe we have a lot of security pins in most of our locks theses days. where is everyone else located and what are the locks like there?

I would also be very interested in making some swaps with anyone. Particularly when it comes to locks and lock parts! Maybe we could swap some picks too.
>>
>>1103727
why is murica govt so stupid man!?!?!

you can buy a gun... which can not only blow a lock off... or a door in... but it can blow someones head off... fukn legal?!?!

but then these little lock picks which are safer than a 2 year old with a wet piece of bread....are illegal...

WHYYYYYYY HNNNNG GGGFUUUUUUUUFFFFFUUUUUUU
>>
File: 20161225_02472.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20161225_02472.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>1103727
My country is the same, the worst thing about it is that you can't buy sets without a license but looking on the bright side it's fun to build your own picks.
>>
>>1098043
That Bosnianbill guy recommended this pdf
>>
>>1104067
oops I'm an idiot
http://ninjacache.com/data/uploads/lockpicking-detail-overkill.pdf
>>
Don't really want to learn, but have been considering a bump set for a while now.

In the US, how handy am I likely to find them to be?
>>
File: IMG_20161225_133201.jpg (1MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161225_133201.jpg
1MB, 3120x4160px
Is it possible to pick ?
>>
>>1104080
Foiling should work, but googling for 'dimple impressioning' or 'dimple lock picking' should yield good stuff

>>1102744
started in 2007 with simple pin tumblers, went into disc tumblers and ABLOY stuff in general, my last endeavour was 3D printed impressioning

>>1101741
beautiful set

>>1099579
The only archived mentions I could find of the pulldog files are here - just download the images
https://ylilauta.org/ninja/13955591
>>
>>1103903
>province
>america

GFY KV
>>
>>1104080
>>1104080
That's a coded key.
Good fucking luck
>>
>>1101724
I came on here to ask if anyone had made a set using street cleaner bristles, I've seen the infographic for making them but have no idea if they are any good or even work at all.
>>
>>1103888
Google the MIT lock picking guide. Great intro to the theory and will get you picking yales and pad locks
>>
>>1103903
Stay mad lmao
>>
>>1097705
Resident in Finland here. If you proficiently open Abloy shit you can unlock the whole country. Worth studying.
>>
>>1104616
It's not really worth picking because it's so insanely difficult, especially since most* doors have either EXEC or Sento. You might have luck with Classics and (High) Profiles but even then it's really hard.

It's really easy to deduct, though - if you live in an apartment, take apart your own door's lock and lay the discs down in order.
Then cross-reference the cuts to your key; the unused gates are the master key candidates.

In an eleven disc lock, there are 10,077,696 (6^9) theoretical key differs. Even if there's like four unused gates, your master key candidates are still down to 15 instead of the full ten million

*) no idea really what's the majority
>>
>>1104745
Adding to this, the deduction method works on every single ABLOY lock (technically every single lock per se) but always requires you to be able to fully disassemble at least one lock.
>>
>>1104745
I didn't say it was going to be easy XD
>>
>>1104568
not mad bout guns being legal... I personally like guns :P just mad about lock picks being illegal T_T seems retarded
>>
>>1103903
quick aside, gun law is not perfect and most gun owners agree it needs to be tightened up. But if a lock fails my big scary stick of fire doesn't. Look at the swiss for gun laws and ownership done right.
>>
>>1105833
I think yall missing my point mainly as I said here >>1104823
I have nothing against guns. I personally like guns too much because of golden eye and guns work well for defence. Well, I mean... most of the time :P

I guess my main question would be... why are lock picks illegal?! Like how is that a law.. how is it written? Piece of metal that can fit in locks that arent keys? Or are paper clips and bobby pins still okay when they are bent in a lock pick shape? WHY ARE THE LOCK PICKS ILLEGAL WTF HNNNG?
>>
File: plz.jpg (53KB, 498x369px) Image search: [Google]
plz.jpg
53KB, 498x369px
Need halp boys
Aus/Newfag here tryna get that lockpickingstarterpack.jpg - $150 budget using this site atm : https://www.lockpicksaustralia.com.au/
>>
>>1106417
If your budget is 150 bro.... you can get any epic set.
If I was you id go to ebay and nab one of those 30 dollar 24 pick sets which comes with a clear practise padlock. Then with the rest of your money. Buy yourself a bogota rake and a city rake. Rakes are your bestie. Then you could dish out some coin on some nicer single picks or diamond head picks. With the remaineder of your money buy a bunch of locks to play with....

also, where in aus? Im near brissy.
>>
>>1106449
Also after getting your cheapy set... buy a few extra tension wrenches... you are gonna want a few in varying sizes otherwise you are gonna get mad at some of yah locks :P
>>
In Sydney rip. Looking to buy the sparrows kickstart with a few euro picks and sandman/octo rake combo - seems like a good pair of rockers.
>>
what's a cheap/easy way to make some effective lockpicks
>>
>>1106952
Sawblades
Google it
>>
File: Tubular_Lockpicking.jpg (124KB, 1296x1064px) Image search: [Google]
Tubular_Lockpicking.jpg
124KB, 1296x1064px
>>1101724
>>1104395
Use wind shield wipers(altho they can be a little thick). Best bet is to find stainless steel feeler gauges. Seriously look up BosnianBill on youtube. Go to the catalog and look for make your own picks. He gives you how to & materials. A quick google search on lockpick templates gives you the printable pdf so you can trace them & grind them out using a bench grinder or di-cutter.
>>
>>1104395
I see lockpicking videos acting like this is a common item. I have never, in my entire life, ever found a street cleaning bristle and I was walking/cycling everywhere for 75% of my 32 years.
>>
>>1107052
I find them all the time, you're either not tuning your eyes right or you live somewhere they don't sweep the streets with steel bristles. They look like small zip-ties when they first show up in your vision.

I made a set of picks out of a couple, just a rake and a hook, and they work fine on padlocks. I took them out of my wallet to fly to California once, and can't find them now though, or I'd take a pic. Can't have picks w/o locksmith cred in Cali either.
>>
>>1107051
No, don't use power tools to remove material, you will heat the metal and it will lose its temper. Hand file only.
>>
>>1107054
You can use a Dremel if you never get the workpiece too hot. Do what machinists do and have a container of water to dip your work so it never overheats.
>>
>>1107062
It's a tiny piece of metal, the heat will build up very quickly. If you only use hand tools you won't ruin your piece.
>>
>>1095574

I got one of those for Christmas, double sided brass dimple lock included along with the acrylic padlock.

Everyone on the house had mastered the padlocks pin tumbler inside a day.

Decent kit for cheap Chinese shit.

Step up to Sparrows ghost set or Peterson etc if you like the cheapo set. The dimple cylinders are a total bitch to pick, I now need a dedicated dimple pick set!

I also have some dangerfield Bogota's and crowbar.

My next purchase will be the worm and twin mace picks, for stealthy concealment in a hat.
>>
>>1107053
No.
Worng.
Check the above link. Not illegal to carry. Its illegal to have on you if you are caught stealing, b&e, or being a nigger.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.