[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to Use Transformation Themes in Mainstream Tabletop RPGs

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 39

File: 1402264530350.jpg (1MB, 1302x4638px) Image search: [Google]
1402264530350.jpg
1MB, 1302x4638px
This is for those of you who like some mechanical bite to your transformation-based roleplaying.

I've had some time to consider how to include transformation themes in a variety of games; or even create transformation-based settings or scenarios. My "expertise" is with the various classic/new World of Darkness games (such as Vampire: the Masquerade/Requiem); but I'm familiar with a variety of other systems and settings.

I thought about just creating a big list of how to work transformation themes into specific games, but that would actually be terribly inefficient, and probably not as helpful as it sounds.

So, here's how we'll do this. You can either...
A: Toss me a transformation concept you'd like to see in a tabletop game; anything from bimbofication to weight gain; and everything between and beyond (so long as it's board-acceptable). I'll tell you how you can do it, or recommend a system that does it already. If you have a specific system in mind, I'll tell you how to do it in that system, if I'm already familiar with the system; or

B: Toss a tabletop RPG at me and ask me what kinds of TFs work well in that one; again, if I know it, I'll give a few ideas.

Please be specific when describing a transformation you would like to see in practice. Drawing references are appreciated and encouraged.

For example, if you want to see gender transformation: do you mean from male to female? Female to male? Both? To alternative genders? Via scientific means? Magic? Temporarily? Permanently? The more specific you are, the easier it is for me to make a good suggestion.

As a bonus, I'll toss in related drawings when I can think of something on-topic.
>>
File: 38327983_m.jpg (337KB, 430x600px) Image search: [Google]
38327983_m.jpg
337KB, 430x600px
>>5621060
>B: Toss a tabletop RPG at me and ask me what kinds of TFs work well in that one; again, if I know it, I'll give a few ideas.
Dungeons and Dragon!
>>
Dungeons & Dragons

The answer is easy and complex. "Dungeons & Dragons" encapsulates so many genres of fantasy that I could go on forever. Also, the game has gone through at least five editions (and more than that, really; but that is a discussion for another time).

For now, I will focus on the classic D&D genre: dungeon delving. Dungeon delving is, at its heart, about resource management and logistics - trying to haul out as much treasure from the dungeon as possible while trying to avoid dying or overspending yourself. You want that armoire that's worth 5000 gold pieces? Well, better figure out a way to haul it across the underground swamp while oozes are after you.

But I digress. So, what kind of transformations are suited for a dungeon delve? Keeping in mind that the dungeon delve is traditionally short on roleplaying, I'll focus on what makes the delve itself interesting. Anything that works well as a trap; that screws with the players ability to get in and out of the dungeon, for better or worse. You could include a trap or a potion that turns the characters into monsters; great for getting past the dungeons' inhabitants unmolested, but good luck spending it back in town if the party doesn't also find an antidote nearby. Or simply a potion with a short duration, which encourages the players to try to get past the monsters, scoop up as much treasure as possible, and then back out quickly - before things get awkward (i.e. they get stabbed in the face).
(Part 2 below)
>>
Growth or shrinking are also fun, especially if you don't allow the PCs' clothes to grow or shrink with them. Suddenly the magic armor the character was wearing is too small for her, and she cannot squeeze through the same passageways that the other party members could. But - hey - maybe she gets big enough to stomp a monster underfoot; or can now reach places that the other party members couldn't. Similarly, a shrinking character could sneak past monsters and get to treasure hordes; possibly even through mouse holes; just, good luck getting it back out. Just, whatever you do with this one, make sure the PC has something they can do. You don't want the PC to just be sitting there in a room going, "Well, I'm 20 feet tall and can't fit through the doors; so I guess we should just wait for it to wear off, guys."

If you're running a campaign that could turn into years of game time, consider a gradual age progression curse. The player might not even realize their character is cursed for a season; or even a year. When it dawns on them, they could learn that there's something else in the dungeon that can reverse (or at least halt) the effects. Suddenly your group has another complication, and are racing to get to this specific location.

If you have a more specific question, I would be happy to go into more detail.
>>
Man, sometimes I wish I was into tabletop games, but I can't be bothered to bother with systems or anything.
I really like reading about it on /d/ though!
>>
File: 20111118-pissworld[1].png (226KB, 750x1091px) Image search: [Google]
20111118-pissworld[1].png
226KB, 750x1091px
Make sure your players are okay with all of this too, otherwise you're liable to lose them when they find out that you're getting off on their misfortune.
>>
File: 1363540775620.jpg (196KB, 511x761px) Image search: [Google]
1363540775620.jpg
196KB, 511x761px
Yes. Good point. Certain themes can be slipped in without it feeling fetish-y. The ideas I listed above would work well.

If you want it to actually feel fetish-y, then you should discuss with your players beforehand. You want to make sure they are comfortable with the themes. If you want a transformation-specific campaign, make sure they are cool with the various transformations you might employ; and the fact that they can be permanently changed.

If you are going for a more general kind of fetish campaign, Oglaf style, just find out what their general comfort level is.

I might go into more detail on this later.
>>
>Man, sometimes I wish I was into tabletop games, but I can't be bothered to bother with systems or anything.

If it helps: several game systems are quick and easy to pick up and play. There's plenty of games whose rule books are under a hundred pages; heck, there's several that can be summarized in three pages or less!
>>
>>5621066
>Dungeons and Dragons
>Posts Warhammer
1/10, obvious bait, made me reply
>>
>>5621183

Wonderful variation on that original pic.
>>
>>5621183

Also, i've been wanting to do a /d/-specific RPG lately. Just for shits and giggles and boners. I think it would be really fun to make characters that aren't necessarily into all the fetishes We are, and see how they handle them, as well as interacting with randoms in a fetish-based world.
>>
File: nqGbK.jpg (82KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
nqGbK.jpg
82KB, 800x600px
>Also, i've been wanting to do a /d/-specific RPG lately. Just for shits and giggles and boners. I think it would be really fun to make characters that aren't necessarily into all the fetishes We are, and see how they handle them, as well as interacting with randoms in a fetish-based world.

For that, if you want to do modern: I recommend using the World of Darkness setting, and have everybody play mortals. Work the fetishes into the storyline as kinds of horror the characters deal with: what would really happen if you got stuck as a girl? Or an anthro in a world where there aren't any? If you were gradually turning into a bimbo? What if there really was a monster responsible for this - and it was working insidiously to undermine your community by transforming people one way or the other?

You could complicate things by having every player give their character one Virtue or Vice related to a fetish, but insist that it's something their character is quiet about. However, that can push things a little far.

For something more fantastic, you could just drop a bunch of normal characters into a fantasy setting: Grimm actually does this, but it assumes all of the characters are kids. You could twist the setting; say that all of the characters are adults who became kids when they entered the setting. Everything there is based on fairy tales, so you could take a fetish-y tact to the tales.
>>
>>5621708
I'm unfamiliar with the drawing that is based on. I thought that drawing was an original. Do you have the original that it's based on? Or is it not worth posting?
>>
>>5621747

Eh, just do reverse image google search. The original had no TG connotation and was just about the whole "fake geek girls" thing and how girls in Green Lantern shirts are treated with more suspicion than guys in Green Lantern shirts.
>>
>>5621740

I'd rather a low-fantasy world, or sci-fi setting. Modern can be a bit much to bother with.
>>
Just wondering if you've ever integrated TF into something like Cyberpunk. Realize it's a bit more difficult but I'd like to hear your ideas on it.
>>
>>5621154
But systems are fun...
>>
I always thought it would be fun to do an online table top game that is heavily infused with kinkiness.
I don't mean sneaking your fetish in so no one notices, I mean a no holds barred fetish adventure with tabletop RPG rules.

I've never actually played D&D so I don't know how well it would work, but from what I hear it sounds fairly plausible.

Anyone done that before?
>>
>>5621902
More difficult? Cyberpunk should be easier because transhumanism is a major theme of cyberpunk. There are tons of different ways to explore how society would change if gene-mods entered the picture.
>>
>>5621980
-DnD isn't the only role-playing game out there
-It's been done before and you can probably find the chat-logs somewhere
-Fenoxo streams DnD for boobs games or something every now and then. I never paid much attention to it, but I think the gist is that he plays lewd DnD to solicit donations for a breast cancer charity.
>>
File: 1AcyH152352341.jpg (83KB, 516x729px) Image search: [Google]
1AcyH152352341.jpg
83KB, 516x729px
>I'd rather a low-fantasy world, or sci-fi setting. Modern can be a bit much to bother with.
First, I'll tackle the "low-fantasy world" because I've actually done that one already, albeit without rules. It was a play-by-post game on a forum.

So, introducing transformation fetishes into a low-fantasy world like Conan the Barbarian's Hyborian Age...
The thing to keep in mind here is that magic is rare and dangerous: it's destructive, corrupting, and difficult to control. Use that to your advantage by creating magical artifacts that can transform the wearer, but have deleterious side-effects, or which are difficult to remove. You can go other routes, like the PCs being infected by fighting monsters (fight a dragon; get dragon blood splashed on you; transformation begins). Or making deals with dark powers in exchange for the tools they need to survive: the King of Shadows will give you power over darkness if you will agree to let him corrupt your mind and form. The point is that the PCs are getting in over their heads whenever they deal with the supernatural.

Players should expect these transformations to be at least as dangerous as they are useful. You don't just gain the awesome size and strength of a bull: your mind begins degenerating into something feral, and you struggle to see humans as your peers. The fae grant you beauty, but turn you into a girl because they think you'd be cuter like that - except their idea of what's beautiful for a girl doesn't match what would be practical for adventuring - and may even be inexact to human standards in the first place.

And good luck fixing it. How are you going to do it? By delving into the supernatural again. And thus the cycle continues.
>>
>>5621902
>Implanted with Molecular Modification Microchip
>It slowly releases waves of tiny nanobots that repourpus living cells in small bursts every few hours
>They start to widdle away your hands and finders, taking your arms
>They inflate your ass to absurd proportions, using some excess matter but mostly air, to give you a huge, buoyant rear, the size and consistency of a beach ball, with hips to match.
>They seal you sex, or remove your cock depending on initial gender. If female, breasts are also removed.
>They modify your anus into a tight, rubber hole
>They erase most of your face, removing eyes mouth and most features.
>Convert all skin to black latex.
>Convert feet into permanent high heels.
>Send signals to your brain, and you can't help but return to your new master, as a strange living anal strange sex toy, to be sold on the black market.
>This happens slowly over time, and the player needs to deal with each change as it happens.
>>
>>5621902
I actually had this come up when I was playing a character in a Shadowrun campaign. Shadowrun is set in a cyberpunk future where magic has returned to the world; so a significant portion of the population are "metahumans"; dwarves, elves, orcs, trolls, and other things. There's also a thing called SURGE, which is basically a genetic condition that causes a person to spontaneously develop metahuman traits.

I played a character who was racist against metahumans in general; she was also naive. She didn't know she had SURGE; so, in the middle of the campaign, she began to gradually develop a random assortment of metahuman traits: red eyes, fangs, and pointed ears, if I recall correctly. It occurred over the span of several months, and gradually drove her insane. It's hard to say whether it made her a better person; certainly it made her more open-minded, in a sense, but she also felt more detached from her own identity and humanity in general.

Independently, by the way, she had an ability to do minor shapeshifting: she could make herself appear and sound like a boy (could not actually change gender), or a completely different ethnicity (she was Japanese, but she could easily become Caucasian or African-American). And yes, she could, and did, alter her bust size on at least one occasion. It actually all served the story. See, the game of Shadowrun is about people who work in a gray market, committing crimes for globe-spanning corporations in exchange for profit; they are deniable assets. So my character was a "face", the person who negotiated with the corporations, did some of the leg work, and generally did social things when they were called for. So if she needed a disguise, she had one; if she needed to look a certain way to get in good with somebody, she could adjust her appearance. Most useful.
>>
File: USUMONO1.jpg (199KB, 373x540px) Image search: [Google]
USUMONO1.jpg
199KB, 373x540px
>>5621060
>B: Toss a tabletop RPG at me and ask me what kinds of TFs work well in that one; again, if I know it, I'll give a few ideas.

Shadowrun. Exalted, using non-Lunars. Legend of the Five Rings without touching maho or the Taint. A generic two fisted pulp setting.

I mean I already have my own answers for all of those but I want to play the OP's game of questions here and see if he can out clever me. That way I can steal his ideas.
>>
File: YNw55.jpg (133KB, 1200x397px) Image search: [Google]
YNw55.jpg
133KB, 1200x397px
>>5622025
Well said.

As a general matter, there are lots of ways to do cyberpunk, and sci-fi in general.

Eclipse Phase is a game where everybody's mind exists as data; and you can easily upload your mind into a variety of bodies. Some of the standard body types are female bodies designed exclusively for combat (called "furies"); walking octopi; a child's body (useful for thieves or engineers, due to the small size). Mind you, these are all vat-grown bodies that don't have any personality, soul, independent minds, etc. They're just shells waiting to be occupied. People even put their minds into robot bodies. And they can switch pretty much at will. You could play around with a lot of things in that setting. For example, say somebody gets stuck in a body they don't want; or even that their mind gets accidentally uploaded into a malfunctioning model, or somebody's fetish (there are bodies that are explicitly designed just for prostitution). Or you can just play it relatively straight and have somebody say, "well, yes, I rather enjoy looking and sounding like a bimbo". I ran a concept where my character was stuck in one of those prostitution bodies most of the time, except when he could get a loan for something more useful on a team mission.

There's lots of other things you can do with sci-fi: rogue nanobot swarms that mutate the human body (check out the storms in the Numenera game for a creepy example); molecular transporters gone wrong; hyperadvanced alien medical technology; the list goes on.
>>
>>5621980
I played a game of DnD based of Corruption of Champions with my group in person. The DM had a good wacky demeanor and we just made it a laughfest. Hard to keep massive erection from showing the whole game tho.
>>
File: download.jpg (6KB, 221x228px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 221x228px
>>5622043
More stuff like this please. This just became my fetish.
>>
File: F8n3A.jpg (345KB, 975x1400px) Image search: [Google]
F8n3A.jpg
345KB, 975x1400px
>>5621980
While I haven't done that, I do have tentative plans to run an actual tabletop game like that with some friends IRL. We're all fans of Oglaf, and admire the technical precision of D&D's 3rd party supplement: the Book of Erotic Fantasy.

Here's the thing: if you're going to try to do an actual campaign that revolves around fetishes, you need to play it straight. Ask the group whether they're interested at all in the first place; and then find out their comfort level. And then try to create plausible scenarios for the game. If you miss the first or second step, they'll be bored at best - and intensely uncomfortable at worst. And if you miss the third step, you're going to quickly run your game into the ground. As with any other game, you need to make sure there's genuine conflict and interesting options for the players to explore with their characters. If the RP is just a cavalcade of kinks, it'll quickly grow stale.

Ask yourself what would happen if an entire village got genderswapped.

What if a monster went around impregnating every woman it could find, and the locals were giving birth to monsters in turn?

What if the entire party of adventurers were gradually turning into feral animals? Or getting younger? How would that impact their adventures?
>>
>>5622067
What would really have topped that off would have been spontaneously goblinizing on top of it, since SURGE crosses all metatype boundaries so it doesn't eliminate that.
>>
>>5622108

Glad you like it. Was off the cuff and I don't have another one just yet though.
>>
I think we may have enough interest here to actually start a game, potentially? I'd love to do one IRL, but I don't know enough people who are comfortable with that sort of thing in person. They're all a little too shy or disturbed by the idea of someone playing a different gender or what have you.
>>
File: xsYBb.jpg (88KB, 850x637px) Image search: [Google]
xsYBb.jpg
88KB, 850x637px
>>5622085
Alright. First I'll refer you back to this post of mine, which I posted just before yours: >>5622067
That shows how I did it in Shadowrun.

But that's just the tip of the iceberg. There's a host of viruses in the setting that mutate people into things like vampires and ghouls: you can use those to create a compelling story about a runner forced into the shadows by his own descent into inhumanity.

Oh, and the benraku parlors. For those who don't know, benraku parlors are places where people sell their bodies - allowing their minds to be temporarily overwritten with false personas in order to provide escort services (or straight-up sex) to clients. This is a story just waiting to happen: hook somebody up into one of these, and install a personality... and then, oops, it kind of gets stuck in there. So now your character's running around and half the time he's Jack O' Lantern; and the other half he's Cindi Bubbles, bimbo escort. For something more twisted, get their minds transferred into a different body, and see how they deal with being stuck in that body. Especially if it's an underground benraku parlor, where they might be stuck in bodies that are entirely inhuman.

I could go on, and so I will: a shaman of the possession tradition who invites a spirit into her body; and the spirit transforms her. If it's an animal spirit, maybe she gains animal features; a spirit of humanity? What aspect of it?

Those are just off the top of my head. You could also do some things with magical rituals, cybernetic surgery (did you know that breast implants cost essence?), and so forth.
>>
>>5622157
>a shaman of the possession tradition who invites a spirit into her body; and the spirit transforms her

I'm pretty sure that the only spirits which do that are bugs, but I could be wrong.
>>
File: doggy_tf_by_kyubivash-d48tw9z.jpg (119KB, 600x522px) Image search: [Google]
doggy_tf_by_kyubivash-d48tw9z.jpg
119KB, 600x522px
>>5622146
The only problem with that is that these things seem to always be missing a GM.

I'd be up for playing every so often (and know others who might join), but we'd need a good GM.
>>
File: 3kPDJ.jpg (364KB, 1200x924px) Image search: [Google]
3kPDJ.jpg
364KB, 1200x924px
>>5622085
Re Exalted: I've played in a campaign of Exalted, but I'm afraid I don't know as much as I'd like. I know a bit about the Solars, and a very little bit about the rest of them. So here's some Solar-related stuff from somebody whose read only the core rule book.

One: When your character Exalted, he experienced a transformation in the background. Maybe he was an old man, and the Exaltation has returned him to the prime of his life. Or maybe the original soul was female, and now he's become a girl (or is gradually turning into one, as he becomes more powerful and the soul within takes control; there's a good Flaw to go along with this).

Two: Make up something with a Medicine Charm. I'm sure it's within a Solar's power to use Medicine to change somebody's sex, perhaps even in a single round. "I kick you so hard in the groin that you literally turn into a girl!" (also, two die stunt?)

Three: Drop somebody into the Fae Wilds. Simple, I know, but I'm aware it has a transformative effect on people; you already have people who are Wyld Tainted in the setting, just by casual long-term exposure to the Wyld at the periphery.

Four: A mind-alteration charm. The Solars are experts at swaying peoples' minds. Heck, they can convince a community of die-hard slavers that they should turn into hardcore freedom-lovers. Just invent a Charm which lets them effectively alter a person's personality, making a conservative-minded person into a bimbo or a slut.

Re: Legend of the Five Rings. I'm afraid I'm mostly unfamiliar with the setting.
>>
File: 1391656547065.png (497KB, 702x845px) Image search: [Google]
1391656547065.png
497KB, 702x845px
>>5622146
Well, yes, I do intend to eventually run a game with the themes of sex, sexuality, and transformation. Yes, I'd be the GM of it. However, I'd insist on players being available at a regular time of the week, for at least four hours. Would likely run World of Darkness; perhaps a fantasy setting.
>>
File: 1391726967424.png (628KB, 915x1360px) Image search: [Google]
1391726967424.png
628KB, 915x1360px
>>5622164
I'm not certain. I know it's the thing that insect spirits are known for, but I'm not sure whether or not it can happen with other spirits. I don't think it'd be a problem for you to say it can, so long as the shaman is part of an appropriate tradition.
>>
File: 1391727004489.png (829KB, 814x1299px) Image search: [Google]
1391727004489.png
829KB, 814x1299px
>>5622168
I'd run the game on www.f-list.net , on the f-chat server.

I've got several years of experience running tabletop games. If this is something people would be genuinely interested in for a long-term RP, I'll consider it. Would need to make sure I have time.
>>
File: 1379428146083.png (421KB, 1024x685px) Image search: [Google]
1379428146083.png
421KB, 1024x685px
>>5622168
Speaking as someone who thinks of themselves as a good GM, I've always had real issues with people recruited off of 4chan. Even on /tg/, it's a grab bag of shitty players, crazy people, and good players. Generally 1/3 of them you actually want to keep playing with, so I tend to only recruit off of here if I need just one or two people to round out a group rather than form the group wholecloth. Add to that how I prefer to only really erp one on one with friends who are also good with that, you see why I don't actually offer here. Also I'm about tapped out as far as how many games I want to be involved in, to leave other times free for friends and work.

So that's why I don't offer, and I'm sure why it is hard to find a GM for this shit. My suggestion? All of you who want to play spitball a game and nominate a GM amongst your ranks.
>>
>>5622190
Looking around, it seems like that's just an insect spirit thing. Other possession traditions are like animating stuff, and literally ghost possessing people. Though I like your idea and I'm sure it could fit in setting, it'd absolutely have stigma of making people think of the bugs. And when people think of bugs, people shoot first and ask questions never. So it'd be risky, something needing to be concealed until the party dramatically has it revealed to them.

It makes my melodrama boner tingle as much as my tf one.
>>
File: 1405727768664.jpg (184KB, 1024x2129px) Image search: [Google]
1405727768664.jpg
184KB, 1024x2129px
>>5622188
>However, I'd insist on players being available at a regular time of the week, for at least four hours

Good luck making that happen. 4chan recruiting is rough.
>>
>>5622168

I'm currently GMing a few other games, so I don't think i'd have enough time or effort to put towards running it, sadly.

>>5622188
That's what I like to have, too. A set date and time we can run it, not just "Whenever we're free". Gives a static time for the GM to set things up, the players to figure out things inbetween.

>>5622194
I'm definitely game, and have done tabletop gaming for over a decade, now. I'm pretty competent about playing, and I don't really frequent 4chan for games for the same reason >>5622195 doesn't. My last game from 4chan was a DH campaign, and while I liked playing with them, it was pretty sporadic and they were treating it more like vidja.

Overall: Who is willing to play, who wants to GM, what sort of world, etc. Once we have people that want to play, we can weed through who is interested in a long-term game, who's just in it for ERP, etc.
>>
Fetish games will 100% die in the water if you don't have some hook to keep them on after the change. You're going to need to vet your players to make sure they're not the kind of assholes who show up in chatrooms just long enough to get tits or whatever.

Actually took part in a TG-centered transformation game a few years ago. It lasted six sessions and we had six characters. Session seven, everyone except me and the GM were "busy". Fetish whoring accounts for easily the majority of people who claim to want these games, and they'll vanish as soon as they can has be the little girl.

Another big warning sign is the grognards who are going to want +1's for everything. The guys who insist a woman should have a penalty to their strength score. Far as these guys are concerned, its only real if its got a number on it. Enjoy your flame war over biological essentialism.

That warned, transformation is inherently disruptive. You're throwing a kink into their character concept, and not everyone is going to be cool with that. Its best, as a GM, to have an easy out lurking nearby in case the player isn't really cool with their new basketball sized bust.

Start small. Let it be a joke at first. "Oh, your tongue turned into a dragon tongue, and now you can breathe fire for 1d6 damage." Let everyone laugh and make jokes. The next day in game, if the player is rolling with it....the tongue hasn't gone away...and their fingernails are getting long and black.

Most people who enjoy transformation want a more drawn out experience, so contemplate adding requirements to the cure. It needs to be more than the local 5,000 gold Restoration. Maybe you have to get a material component from the original were-whatever. Maybe the one selling the cure is in on the whole thing, and the symptoms only progress. If your players are really chill, maybe there never was a cure, and they're stuck with their new fate.
>>
>>5622231

TG I could see being a problem.
Once you turn into a woman, it's just a normal game of D&D, the fetish is over.

With other Transformations you're now playing in a strange, possibly sexualized, form. That should be enough to keep it interesting.

[spoiler]Maybe I am bias though because I am big into the transformation video game scene and there are a fuckload of boring TG games cluttering everything up.[/spoiler]
>>
>>5622231

Yeah, there would have to be some ground rules set before we even started it. And personally, TF is just one of the things i'd be interested in seeing in a game. I'm looking for an RPG, not a fap-session. I want to build a character I like, and then have them interact with the world, and (most likely) change, then have to deal with it. I'm very easygoing when it comes to changes, and if the GM wants to do a thing, then I Will question parts of it, like "Does that give me any other benefits?", but I won't bitch and moan because suddenly my "perfect" character is now an obese troll.

That could be fun to RP. Fuck perfection.
>>
>>5622231
>Fetish whoring accounts for easily the majority of people who claim to want these games, and they'll vanish as soon as they can has be the little girl.

Yeah. Have an actual story as well, and also change things up tf wise. Don't deliver it session 1, or if you do don't make things permanent and keep a lot of things in the air or able to change for variety.

But above all things, have an actual game under there too.
>>
>>5622238
There's a tf videogame scene? Anything good I can google around for? I mean besides CoC, everyone knows that and I kind of stopped playing it when Fen was getting annoying and the futa was being the only new content added.
>>
>>5622244

It's mostly on tfgamessite.com, really.

You could always play the game I made, Halls of Degeneration.
I stopped work on it some time ago because of how hard it was to add new content. Something I failed to plan for. But there is some content there.
>>
I think we should get some kind of chat server going to get a feel for who's interested. Discuss what sort of game, etc.

If anyone's game, that is.
>>
File: Poster - Uncooperative Players.jpg (85KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
Poster - Uncooperative Players.jpg
85KB, 600x750px
>>
How would I go about turning a Drow lady into a trap in D&D?
>>
>>5622290
Enfeeble, gender change? There's a lot you could do.
>>
>>5622305

Part of the fun is her losing her blessings from Lloth!
>>
>>5622043
Out of curiosity, if I wished to create a thread about this, what would it be called exactly?
>>
>>5622231
>That warned, transformation is inherently disruptive. You're throwing a kink into their character concept, and not everyone is going to be cool with that. Its best, as a GM, to have an easy out lurking nearby in case the player isn't really cool with their new basketball sized bust.

I'd try and get a list of tf that people like before we even went, and other kinks too. Not like hitting them with something somewhat outside their tastes might not be good, but it is good to know what general things a person likes.

>Start small. Let it be a joke at first. "Oh, your tongue turned into a dragon tongue, and now you can breathe fire for 1d6 damage." Let everyone laugh and make jokes. The next day in game, if the player is rolling with it....the tongue hasn't gone away...and their fingernails are getting long and black.

I'd not say everything has to be a joke, but easy out is right. I'd just let them easily reverse it if they ooc don't think it too cool, but if they do then you subtly shift things in setting so that 'easy fix' becomes 'have to get the rare flower atop Mt. Can'tgettothetop.
>>
File: 1371180869687.jpg (161KB, 1200x776px) Image search: [Google]
1371180869687.jpg
161KB, 1200x776px
>>5622316
Fuck Lolth anyway. Worst evil goddess.
>>
>>5622319

Fuck if I know.
I was just making it all up on the spot, I don't think it's a fetish with a specific name.
>>
>>5622319
>>5622339
Toyification

I personally hate the shit
>>
File: cat.gif (227KB, 400x250px) Image search: [Google]
cat.gif
227KB, 400x250px
I don't see the most important golden rule here, OP:

NEVER incorporate a magical realm unless everyone in the game has agreed clearly to it being a fetish game.

Don't breed a generation of That Guys who are jerking it under the table when other people just want to kill a lich.
>>
File: Meiko 1.jpg (69KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Meiko 1.jpg
69KB, 640x480px
>>5621170
>>5622231
>>5622921

Several posters have brought up an important issue. All of my advice has implied that the transformations are incorporated so subtly that they are a natural part of the game; or assume that your group is comfortable with transformation as a major theme in the game. In Dungeons & Dragons, nobody thinks anything odd about the Girdle of Femininity/Masculinity; in a game of Werewolf: the Forsaken/Apocalypse, we take for granted that your characters will be turning into animals; or half-forms.

But now I want to talk with you about two things.

First, how do you approach your group about playing in a game that heavily features transformation? And second, how do you make a long-term campaign about transformation?

I'm about to drop a lot of information on you guys, so here: I'll summarize my points.
You can always include transformation in a tabletop RPG as an element; or even as the driving focus; if it isn't sexual or obviously fetish-driven.

If you want to include sexual or fetish-driven material, then you need to discuss everything with your players beforehand. If you're ashamed or embarrassed to bring up something, you shouldn't include it.

Have sexual and fetish-driven transformations without focusing on sex or the fetish. Instead, focus on the consequences of the transformation: how it impacts the player characters' lives and their occupation, whether that's dungeon delving or fighting occult conspiracies or school drama.
>>
File: Meiko 2.jpg (69KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Meiko 2.jpg
69KB, 640x480px
Okay, so how do you actually get off the ground with a transformation-based game? And what the hell is that in the first place? I'm not talking about a game that just has some transformation elements in it. If you include a trap in your dungeon that randomly swaps the character's gender (I can think of one of those off the top of my head), nobody's going to care on a meta level. What we're talking about here is a game where transformation is the focus: where the game focuses on how the character's deal with the consequences of those transformations. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

First off: figure out what you actually want out of this game. If you want to run a game just so you can wank off, you're so far in the wrong direction that you need to reassess why people play tabletop games.

People play tabletop RPGs for a variety of reasons, but it's fundamentally a social activity. For some people, the most important thing is that it's a game: a chance to stretch their creative muscles and solve problems. The original Dungeons & Dragons is the classic example: how deep into the dungeon are we willing to risk traveling?

For others, it's the story element: what kind of stories can we tell with these characters? Shall we explore horror? Comedy? Personal tragedy?

I'm super-simplifying it: point is, first figure out what you want from a game. Do you want to run a game about challenging your players' wits with heists and dungeon delves? Or a game where you explore a theme?
>>
File: Meiko 3.jpg (71KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Meiko 3.jpg
71KB, 640x480px
If you just want to run a heist, dungeon delve, or other adventure that's really about the game more than the roleplaying, then including transformation as a major theme is easy. In an earlier post, I expounded on three different ways in which you could include transformation in a classic dungeon delve without making it seem obvious.

Here's the key: don't make it fetish-y. I know that sounds counterintuitive, but you're really focusing on the wrong thing. Making your game feel fetish-y means you're focusing on yourself, not the game or the group. Agonizing details about how big the PCs' breasts are becoming will come off wrong. The players in this case don't care about the transformation, except as an interesting vehicle for the dungeons' challenges. You might as well be lavishing detail on every imperfection in every potion bottle they pick up, or how their hair looks in every scene: it's... irrelevant, and odd given the context. Tell the player that their character's breasts are now larger than her head, she can't fit in her armor, and assign whatever penalties or bonuses you feel are appropriate; and move on. It's a challenge for the player to overcome; that's really the fun of it.

Because, think about it: if you can't think of three ways to use transformation to complicate the players' lives in a game, you need to think again. I've given at least four examples in this thread, and I could go on.
>>
File: Meiko 4.jpg (49KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Meiko 4.jpg
49KB, 640x480px
Now, keep in mind - even if you're using transformation as a vehicle to make interesting game challenges, you need to make sure your players are comfortable with it. Again, nobody is going to care if you toss in one or two traps that turn somebody into a drake or make them 20 feet tall.

A dungeon focused around transformation isn't weird in itself. Heck, that sounds like fun. Plays turning into gaseous forms, temporarily becoming vampires, shrinking and growing, flattening, turning into oozes, and so forth: you could probably sell that to any group.

If you do something obviously sexual, like breast expansion, then things will quickly get odd. Personally, I find the concept amusing - even outside a fetish interest. But sexual stuff - even if you present it in a way that's somehow not erotic (really; breast expansion? you couldn't just make them grow too big for their armor?) - is going to hit a hot button for players.

This is something you need to be up front about. I recommend bringing this up with a group of players with whom you are comfortable; and in any case, be clear about what they can expect to see. If you introduce age regression without telling your group that's coming, somebody might excuse themselves from future sessions of the game. I have a group of players IRL with whom I might be running just such a game sometime in the next year or so. I'll bring up a variety of transformations and fetishes that might feature in the game, and find out what they're comfortable with.
>>
File: 1403751389666.jpg (60KB, 900x479px) Image search: [Google]
1403751389666.jpg
60KB, 900x479px
Also, be clear about how you plan to treat these elements in the game: if you want a serious discourse on how fetishes and transformations can color peoples' perspectives, then you need to say that up front; otherwise you'll risk players coming up with goofy characters: "I am Hyuk; she who turns girls into big-breasted clown bimbos!" Also, you don't want players coming in expecting something funny and lighthearted, only to be aghast when a session involves stopping a minotaur from raping people and turning them into monsters with its semen.

Conversely, if you're aiming for something lighthearted or cute, you'll want to be up front about that. If sessions of your game are going to be light-hearted comedies about a bunch of students attending a school where people keep transforming, then... maybe you don't want one player to show up with a character whom they're hoping to have meet a "bad end".
>>
So, how do you introduce transformation as a major element of a story and roleplay-driven game? Here's the secret: it's not about the transformation (and no, it's not about sex either, which people tend to conflate with transformation). It's about consequences. How do these transformations affect the characters' lives? What if your character turned into a ravenous animal once a month, horny as hell, and brutally powerful? How would he deal with that? Lock himself away? Try to go out into the woods? If he searched for a cure, how would he go about it? What would happen if he slipped up, raped somebody, and now had the police on his tail? These are interesting questions you can examine in a roleplaying story.

Or take age regression: what if somebody was gradually becoming younger? Not like over the course of a day or a week; but say it went in stages, over the course of a few years? How would they live their lives? Or, conversely, what if your character was a monster hunter, and suddenly found herself as a ten-year-old? Would she still want to fight? How would her teammates react? What new strategies would she use? Oh, and, how will she tell her family and friends; if she even confronts them with it?

What if your characters' initiation into a magical tradition or occult society involved a physical transformation: becoming more demonic, more corrupt, as they gained in power? Would they stop? When? If they didn't, how would they deal with their changes? What would drive them to continue pursuing power, despite these changes?
>>
File: 1396886886246.jpg (157KB, 1000x699px) Image search: [Google]
1396886886246.jpg
157KB, 1000x699px
And now some miscellaneous thoughts.
Yes, be careful about foisting transformations on players; permanent (or even temporary) changes of any sort can frustrate players in any kind of game. If you don't tell players that their character could lose a limb during the game, they might be upset when you say that last critical hit lopped off the fighter's left arm (and, really, think about what you're doing mechanically). Similarly, players tend to have a strong self-image of their character. "Oh, you're a girl now; deal with it" isn't something you should expect players to stand for. And if your response is "my table, my rules", I'll remind you of an adage: "The GM has the right to run the game the way he wants, and players can take it or leave it; and sometimes they do."
>>
File: 1395283662724.jpg (281KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1395283662724.jpg
281KB, 900x900px
You don't always need a mechanical explanation for everything; but sometimes it helps. If you're running a dungeon delve - where logistics are important -, then maybe you ought to consider whether breast expansion affects the character's stamina or encumbrance limits. If you're running a game about school shenanigans, then your characters could likely get away with ludicrous breast sizes without any mechanical impact.
>>
File: 38328053_m.jpg (333KB, 430x600px) Image search: [Google]
38328053_m.jpg
333KB, 430x600px
>>5621695
Nah, I just have an abundance of 40k r63...
>>
That is a fuckload of text.
>>
I'll reiterate my main points, in case they got lost in the clutter above. This is the TL;DR
You can always include transformation in a tabletop RPG as an element; or even as the driving focus; if it isn't sexual or obviously fetish-driven.

If you want to include sexual or fetish-driven material, then you need to discuss everything with your players beforehand. If you're ashamed or embarrassed to bring up something, you shouldn't include it.

Have sexual and fetish-driven transformations without focusing on sex or the fetish. Instead, focus on the consequences of the transformation: how it impacts the player characters' lives and their occupation, whether that's dungeon delving or fighting occult conspiracies or school drama.
>>
How can you fit in something like weight gain?
>>
>>5623201
Depends: which setting? Which system?
>>
>>5623068
>so subtly
You see, a lot of people THINK they're being subtle, when they aren't. There are constant threads on /tg/ about this kind of stuff.

>nobody thinks anything odd about the Girdle of Femininity/Masculinity
You see, this is what makes me doubt that you are as subtle as you claim. If it's a one-off thing, players may laugh it off as a joke, but if you put any extra detail on the transformation than you do on say, getting hit by a spell or attack, and if you linger on the subject, or keep bringing it up or specifically putting that particular player in a situation where gender is an issue on purpose, it's going to be increasingly obvious your intention is to magical realm.

Here's the thing: if it was no big deal or something you wouldn't dwell on as a topic, there would be no need for a thread about how to incorporate this topic. Your motivation is not to use transformation as a tool to tell a story, but instead the story as a tool to live out transformation fetishism.

>If you want to include sexual or fetish-driven material, then you need to discuss everything with your players beforehand
This is the best advice in the entire thread. Even if you THINK what you'd including is innocent, just stay away from it if it's your fetish -- unless the players agree to it.

If the players agree to a fetishy game, then you're golden. Nothing wrong at all. All your advice is sound and applies. Just make sure they're on board.
>>
When/how would you be interested in running the campaign? I'm pretty interested in your game and I'd be willing to commit to a new group after my last one finished up. Post a skype/email!
>>
Objectively the most depressing thread on /d/
>>
File: 1404765358631.jpg (462KB, 960x300px) Image search: [Google]
1404765358631.jpg
462KB, 960x300px
>>5623291
Fair enough. I have a friend who obviously has a fetish for rats. He includes at least one rat-related thing in every tabletop game he runs; whether it's a building with the word "rat" in it; or an NPC who wants to be a rat.

And I'm sure if you play with any GM long enough you'll see hints of what they like: maybe they always include some variation on the "punk teenage girl" motif.

And yes, I confess, this topic was generated by the idea of running a game where transformation is the focus; the point that you can incorporate some transformations into a greater schema is just an interesting tangent.

In any case, I do believe that if you're going to incorporate fetishes, kinks, or transformation into a tabletop RPG, then you should aim to do so tastefully. At least, if you want a long-term RP.

Poorly done, it's as bad as just spending a session where you describe - in painful detail - the skintight uniforms of curvy superheroines in your superheroes tabletop game. Which, well, if that's all your group wants, that's one thing. However, you will probably get more fun in the long-term if you think of how to creatively incorporate your fetish into the RPG. I've seen enough informal one-on-one RPs; and read enough stories; to see how something falls apart or fails to engage the audience if it's just a lengthy description of a guy turning into a girl.
>>
File: 1402357476456.jpg (114KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1402357476456.jpg
114KB, 1280x960px
>>5623315
If I ran a campaign, then I would run the campaign on www.f-list.net; on the f-chat server. I find that to be the most convenient forum. Players would need to commit to a weekly schedule of sessions lasting at least four hours per week.

Unfortunately, I am currently running one tabletop RPG IRL; preparing a second one may be more time-consuming than I am ready for. Also, I would need to actually prepare a campaign before I began recruiting players.

If I should prepare a campaign, and need to recruit, then I would create a separate thread on this forum at that time.
>>
File: 800px-Anal_circumference.png (247KB, 800x552px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Anal_circumference.png
247KB, 800x552px
>Roll for anal circumference
It's like you all don't even FATAL.
>>
File: 1400724488918.jpg (133KB, 1425x268px) Image search: [Google]
1400724488918.jpg
133KB, 1425x268px
>>5621114
>For now, I will focus on the classic D&D genre: dungeon delving.
With the right skill checks you could certainly go /d/ungeon /d/elving
>>
Hate to beat a dead horse, but Man does it get me aroused.

What's shaking, people?
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.