[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wonder Woman by John Byrne Part 8

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 90

In this storytime, Wonder Woman... DIES?!

Previous parts:
>>92958142
>>93003396
>>93059973
>>93078378
>>93165346
>>93217023
>>93279385
>>
>>93601747
Saxet? Where you been, dude?
>>
And no, I'm not including Genesis in this, because fuck that noise
>>
>>93601788
Really busy with real life shit, plus some new games I got off the summer sale. I finally got some free time to storytime
>>
>>
>>
John Byrne inking himself.

Yucko.
>>
>>
>>93601875
Ah. Good to see you back.

I fucking love Artemis. I mean, just look at her. She really is Diana's edgy try hard anime rival, and it's great.
>>
>>93601955
Yeah...
>>
Also I just wanna say that the first two Generations by Byrne around this time are actually pretty great.
>>
>>
>>93602023
Agreed. I never thought I'd thank Lobdell for raising her profile yet here we are
>>
>>93601955
The coloring isn't doing his art any favors, either.
>>
>Terry Long's dead!
>Well kids, we all know that sometimes when comic book characters die, they're back again the very next week. That's why I'm presenting this sworn affidavit that Terry Long will never, ever, EVER return!
>>
So...did Byrne ever answer why he created Cassandra Sandsmark and her mother when the Kapatelis's were around
>>
>>93602035
They have their odd moments, but yeah I like them, the first Generations was one of the very first comic books I ever read
>>
>>93602228
Probably because he wanted to fully revamp Wondy, make her "his" own. Notice how he also put her in a new city.
>>
>>93601875
What have you been playing senpai?
>>
>>93602023
Now we just need all the people that want Woman of Murder WW to use Artemis instead, and everything will be perfect.
>>
>>93602294
I mean, to be fair, up until this point Byrne had helped revamp a number of comic characters, The X-men, Superman, The Fantastic Four and had great results. I'm pretty sure this run was his first overall stinker and a big part of it has to do with his art not meshing with 90s comics productions styles.
>>
>>
I know a lot of people hated the "Polly" nickname, but I don't think it's that bad or the retcon that later happens
>>
Also I know the Big Barda issue in Superman is awful but Byrne was one of the first people to try and make the New Gods important in the wider DCU.
>>
>>
>>93602403
I always feel reluctantly forced to defend that issue. It's exceptionally Byrne-y but it's not all that bad and both Scott and Barda get some cool stuff in it.
>>
>>93602308
Hyper Light Drifter
Ori and the Blind Forest
The Dark Forces series
>>
>>
>>93602023
She dragged herself out of hell that one time.
>>
>>93602503
Those are some nice games. And now you can bitch about Rogue One erasing Kyle Katarn from the canon!

Have you seen that overblown gothic metroidvania thing, Blasphemous?
>>
Some Skyrim too, although I didn't get that one off the sale.
>>
>>93602572
I actually used to own Jedi Outcast back when I was younger, but I lost the disk, so it was nice getting to play the game again.
>>
>Have you seen that overblown gothic metroidvania thing, Blasphemous?
I hadn't. Looks cool though. I like that it's based on Spanish Christian imagery.
>>
>>93602326
Pretty sure the reason people don't do that is the classic lack of research.

>>93602110
RHatO Rebirth is way better than it has any right to be. Looking forward to an exploration of how Artemis handles the Bow of Ra's power.

Speaking of, I find the meta aspect of that plot element intriguing. Artemis' gimmick has always been that she's an archer, so it's as if the search for the Bow of Ra is a quest to claim a part of her identity as a character.
>>
>>
>>
>>93602340
>90s comics productions styles
the coloring is just so. fucking. bad.
>>
Having such a classic artist like Garcia-Lopex draw such a 90's design like Artemis' is weird.
>>
>>
>>93602735
Yeah the design really impressed me. I like how we've kind of gone 2D > 3D > 2D in how Dark Souls/Bloodborne have been so popular and drawn inspiration from you know, Castlevania or games inspired by that, and now new 2D games are riffing on that too. Or that's what I was thinking, anyway.

Really looking forward to Glasstlevania coming out too.
>>
Artemis' hair is out of control
>>
Worst Mephisto expy ever
>>
>>93602940
That's an essential character trait.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>93602976
>Underworld Unleashed
>classic
Gonna have to call a bit of bullshit on that one.

>>93603001
It's also a plot point.
>>
>>
>>93603086
The twist with Billy was good, but everything else was forgettable at best yeah.
>>
>>93603116
Also, shit got lewd af fast
>>
That is fucking hilarious
>>
>>93603187
>lasso of mousse
kek
>>
>>
>Santa Claus
wut
>>
>>
>>
>>93603239
He didn't bother coloring Artemis in that last panel
>>
>>
Friendly reminder that Merlin is a twat
>>
>>
>>93603296
So has Etrigan ever banged Diana?
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
I can't believe Wonder Woman is fucking dead.
>>
Ah, the 90's. Good shit
>>
>>
I wonder what Byrne thought of electric Superman
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
#NotAllReporters
>>
yeah, I think I'd remember if Tom Selleck worked at my hospital
>>
>>93603697
Hey, when Superman was Red/Blue was he still like going around as Clark too?
>>
>let me use my telepathic powers to--
>AAAAAAAAAARRRRGHHHH
>>
>>93603744
IIRC he could change between his electric superpowered form and a fully human Clark form
>>
>>
>>
:(
>>
Awkwaaard
>>
>>
Oy
>>
>>93603862
...Did you just fuck my comatose sister?
>>
>>
Best Flash
>>
>>
How very Batman of you, Batman
>>
>>93603749
Classic jobber J'onn.
>>
Is this some fetish shit?
>>
>>
>Genesis
I don't think so, bucko
>>
So is Diana getting soul torture raped or something?
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>93604430
Someone's getting Apokolipsed.
>>
>>
>>93604430
>Kanto trying to pretend he wasn't trained wrong as a joke
cute
>>
>>93604472
pls no
>>
>>93604379
I have to appreciate that Artemis is literally using a fucking American Gladiators bat here.
>>
>>
>>
>>93604492
She gets raped in practically everything dude. Secret Six by the guards and slaver old man, some demon in hell, and now by mister apokalypse man.
>>
Ah shit
>>
Be right back
>>
>>93604576
I'm pretty sure Etrigan is superior to Jason Blood in every imaginable way.
>>
>>93604566
For all the dicks Diana manages to avoid getting crammed up her ass Artemis gets twice up hers.
>>
>X-Anon comes back
>Saxet comes back
Good day so far.
>>
>>93601747
BUY A KINECT LOL
IT SORT OF WORKS? (LET'S GO)
Thread posts: 123
Thread images: 90

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.