[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Amazing Spider-Man - Renew Your Vows Storytime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 350
Thread images: 234

>>
>>
>>
I am legit happy that this book is actually doing well.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>92457583
>I am legit happy that this book is actually doing well.
Same. Thank god.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>92457112
>>
>>
>>
>>92457583
Agreed, especially now that we know Slott isn't leaving ASM any time soon. I've been enjoying Kelly's Spider-Man/Deadpool as well, but he's leaving it soon and I don't know what's going to happen afterwards. At least we still have this. I'm looking forward to the Venom arc and finding out why Liz Allen, of all people, currently has the symbiote in her possession.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>92457928
>. I've been enjoying Kelly's Spider-Man/Deadpool as well, but he's leaving it soon and I don't know what's going to happen afterwards
Noooooo.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>92457583
I'm hesitant to add it to my pull list, but at some point you gotta say fuck it and tell Marvel what you want with your wallet. Ugh, I've avoided having any Big Two books pulled for years now.

But I really love family books.
>>
>>92458169
Do it, anon. This is the best Spider-related book in ages.
>>
Doing the rest when i get home. If someone wants to take over fine.
>>
>>92457706
>>92457709
>>92457714
>>92457716
>>92457727
Is this one of the cutest thing ever published in a comic?

Yes, it is
>>
>>92457767
So in this universe MJ is Mr. Gambi, neat
>>
>>92457791
> Conway
Possibly one of the oldest continuing writers in comic books. This is the guy who scripted The Death of Gwen Stacy, created Man-Thing and co-created Punisher. Somewhat checkered reputation away from Spider-Man, but completely at home in it. One of the few who went on to write for television but didn't consider going back to floppies beneath him.
>>
>>92457838
> overshipping, no returns
how meta
>>
>>92457930
> Spinneret
Gerry, no
no Gerry

Did no one tell him
>>
>>92458629
What's the problem?
>>
>>92458549
dude was 21 when he wrote the Death of Gwen Stacy. that blows my mind.
>>
>>92458721
http://www.spinnyverse.com/comic/archive
http://www.spinnyverse.com/comic/02-11-2010
This has been a thing for 7 years running now, it's a fetish webcomic
>>
>>92459063
>dude was 21 when he wrote the Death of Gwen Stacy
He was 16 when he was first published. Jim Shooter's first published Legion of Super-Heroes story was when he was 13.

This industry used to be dominated by fans and it turned to shit when it ignored them.
>>
>>92459408
>This industry used to be dominated by fans and it turned to shit when it ignored them.

You can instantly tell the difference between Conway and Slott when reading them. Not just in writing tone/style, but Conway has a general love for Peter, while Slott clearly and actively hates Peter.
>>
>>92459553
>while Slott clearly and actively hates Peter
Punishing a character doesn't mean you dislike them and Peter is for better or worse the universe's punching bag to most writers.
>>
>>92459684
>Punishing a character doesn't mean you dislike them

No, but writing the title character out of his own book, having overshadowed by OCs (SpOck and Silk) at every conceivable moment and talking about how "anti-Marvel" the character is in interviews sure does show that Slott hates the character.

Lets also not forget that he wrote an entire event about systematically murdering Peter universe-by-universe (during which Silk figured out how to finish of the villain and SpOck inspired Uncle Ben).
>>
>>92457616
I wish anna-may was smaller. Need me some genuine loli.
>>
>>92459715
And when he isn't doing any of those things, Slott writes Peter as an incompetent manchild who is completely dependent on Anna Maria.
>>
>>92459715
>writing the title character out of his own book
this is how I know you're a casual who only picked up comic books a few years ago

You genuinely expected that to stick and not be a story arc.
> interviews
Because writers don't lie for their book's publicity, Slott in particular.

> he wrote an entire event about systematically murdering Peter universe-by-universe
Knowing that those universes would themselves be destroyed soon afterward.

The difference between a villain and an antagonist: the antagonist is Sandman robbing a bank who wants to pummel Spider-Man for trying to stop him. The villain is consumed by a motive and will kill the hero for getting in his way. By having these (expendable) Peters killed off, Slott shows the villain means business. At one point Magog ran around killing off as many alt-universe Supermen as he could but it didn't signify the writer hating Superman.

Slott does enjoy manipulating his readers. And I'll tell you this right off the bat: good Spider-Man writers generally do because it works. You push this character to his limits and then he prevails. Where I think Slott suffers as a writer is that he understands the idea, but muffs the third act with a less than satisfying conclusion and aftermath, so most people just remember the second.

>>92459850
>Slott writes Peter as an incompetent manchild who is completely dependent on Anna Maria

At what point in Peter's history did he have enough ambition to start a tech firm or even complete his own doctorate? The idea of him just falling into it negates the difference between him and Otto, so yeah you're going to have a dynamic where A-M leads him around in hopes he'll get his shit together. Spoilers: he won't. This isn't an indictment of Peter's intelligence, it's a reminder that he isn't SpOck. If he were another Tony Stark he would have been here by himself already, right?
>>
>>92460032
>this is how I know you're a casual who only picked up comic books a few years ago

Says the Slottfag. Was Superior your first book?

>You genuinely expected that to stick and not be a story arc.
Where did I say that?

>Because writers don't lie for their book's publicity, Slott in particular.
So you don't actually know anything about Slott, do you?

>Knowing that those universes would themselves be destroyed soon afterward.
And? How is that even remotely relevant?

>At what point in Peter's history did he have enough ambition to start a tech firm or even complete his own doctorate?
He didn't complete his doctorate, Otto did. You know, because Otto is the special snowflake that is better than Peter in every way.

Read a comic, dipshit.
>>
>>92459684
>and Peter is for better or worse the universe's punching bag to most writers.

But that's not a good thing. That's how you end up getting flanderization.
>>
>>92460214
>>At what point in Peter's history did he have enough ambition to start a tech firm or even complete his own doctorate?
>He didn't complete his doctorate, Otto did. You know, because Otto is the special snowflake that is better than Peter in every way.

No, Otto believed he was better than Peter in every way which was the premise of the book (and it didn't always work out for him). You were just autistic enough to confuse what a character says with what the writer believes and you're having a tantrum.

I will say that Slott didn't plan the storyline enough to end it within 12 issues and so the buildup and foreshadowing happened too suddenly. This is exactly what I expected the story arc to be, btw:
setup: SpOck finishes degree, gets girl, starts tech firm, cracks down on Manhattan and gets JJJ's admiration.
followthrough: actual villains realize the gloves are off and retaliate beyond even Otto's expectations, pushing him to his limits and testing his actual heroism.
conclusion: Otto recognizes his limits and gives in returning Peter to his body.
The fuckup was that he enjoyed writing the setup too much to condense it and the last two acts ended up being like 3 issues where they needed to be at least 6. And to be honest it was fun watching SpOck do things Peter never, ever would and weird everyone out doing it.

Being mad that a story involved a hero being put down temporarily is your problem, not anyone else's.
>>
Front
>>
>>92461010
Cool
>>
>>92460692
>You were just autistic enough to confuse what a character says with what the writer believes and you're having a tantrum.

What I described is what literally happens in the story. What the hell are you even talking about?

Also, a direct quote from Dan Slott at Florida Supercon in 2015:

>Ann is beautiful. When you think of Peter Parker, I wanted to have this big change in the life of what makes Otto different from Peter. And when you read all the Otto Octavius stories of his background, of his growing up, of who he was — and even as Dock Ock — all the women he falls in love with, he sees them for who they are inside.
>Look at Stunner. Look at all these, like, nerdy girls he was dating as Otto. I think that’s something Otto does something better than Peter. He sees people who are truly beautiful and loves them for that.
>And you look at everyone Peter has fallen in love with, and every single one of them is superficially beautiful on the outside. And the reason for that is they’re all created by John Romita Sr., who drew everyone woman beautiful.
>What guy wouldn’t fall for Gwen Stacy or Mary Jane? Or even if he falls in love with like a Deb Whitman, yeah, she’s the girl with glasses, but she’s the girl with glasses who can suddenly take off her glasses and whip out the hair.
>Everyone Peter falls in love with is so classically beautiful, and to me that is anti-Marvel.
>To me, the Marvel Universe is not about perfect people. To me the Marvel Universe — the thing that makes it so much better than any other superhero universe — is the Marvel Universe is the book about people with feet of clay.
>When I read DC Comics, my favorite DC characters that I love the most are the most fucked-up ones.

Now please fuck off with your Slott shilling. Go read a comic written before 2008, casual scum.
>>
>>92460692
>And to be honest it was fun watching SpOck do things Peter never, ever would and weird everyone out doing it.
Was it fun watching the entire supporting cast running around acting like complete fucking morons? Remember that time "Peter" maimed and brutalized several villains and the Avengers shrugged it off as "eh, he's upset that Silver Sable died. Its nothing to worry about." How about the time they did the brain scan and could only determine he wasn't a Skrull? How about the fact that MJ didn't pick up on the fact that Peter's entire personality, speech pattern and manerisms were 100% different? What about the time he punched Black Cat in the face and immediately turned her into a villain after decades of being on the straight and narrow?

Such based writing, anon, right?
>>
>>92461475
Don't forget about the time Otto jerked off to Peter's memories of Aunt May, while in Peter's body.
>>
>>92461451
>Being attracted to good looking women is eeeeevil!

Oh, he's one of those right?
>>
>>92461542
I thought he jerked to the memories of Peter fucking MJ
>>
>>92461566
Otto has basically become Slott's own self insert at this point. Dan clearly wants to fuck a midget.

>>92461595
Nope, it was Aunt May.
>>
File: silk-spiderman-spiderverse1.jpg (234KB, 640x405px) Image search: [Google]
silk-spiderman-spiderverse1.jpg
234KB, 640x405px
>>92461451
Apparently its OK if the hot chick is Dan's own OC, though.
>>
>>92461642
No, the other guy is right, it was MJ.
Peter on the other hand, remembered a memory of Otto making out with Aunt May.
>>
File: maryjanewatsonlust.jpg (248KB, 640x737px) Image search: [Google]
maryjanewatsonlust.jpg
248KB, 640x737px
>>92461451
>>92461671
Its Ok when Otto does it, but not when Peter does, apparently.
>>
>>92457620
Peter has aged phenomenally.
>>
File: Aunt May Fap.jpg (271KB, 1158x623px) Image search: [Google]
Aunt May Fap.jpg
271KB, 1158x623px
>>92461710
>>
>>92457583
How much well?
I've only gotten back into reading comics recently so I've missed the tracker threads
>>
>>92461887
Yeah, that's Peter's mind in Otto's body remembering a memory of Aunt May.
>>
>>92461747
Did he reply to this?
>>
>>92462157
Don't think so. Slott will be the first to blast fans for opinions he disagrees with, but just throws a temper tantrum or blocks anyone who makes legit criticism that he can't counter.

Some good examples of Slott being a complete douche bag:

>https://douglasernst.blog/2015/11/05/dan-slott-eviscerated-after-cyber-stalking-philly-charity-runner-industry-journalists-m-i-a/

>https://douglasernst.blog/2015/01/29/dan-slott-trolls-random-woman-on-twitter-then-has-the-gall-to-bash-gamergate-supporters/
>>
>>92462269
He also regularly gets banned from message boards for being a colossal asshole: http://www.spidermancrawlspace.com/2010/12/13/editorial-slott-vs-crawlspace/
>>
>>92457971
I love that face
>>
>>92458274
I'll pick it up in a couple minutes. [SPOILER]I don't know what I ate, but it's destroying my toilet now[/SPOILER]
>>
>>92462747
Godspeed, mate
>>
>>92462747
Thank you. Feel better.
>>
Thanks anons, I feel a bit better now

>>92457993
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>92463501
Cool
>>
>>
>>92463596
Annie's costume actually looks great without the padding.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Anyone know when the latest issue is due to come out? I'm actually kinda excited for it.
>>
So far my only complaint for this series is that they took way too long on the first arc given how little actually happens
>>
>>
>>92463799
>last panel
https://youtu.be/Mkn1kFmUW5E?t=15s
>>
>>
>>
>>92463798
June 14.

You know, its really fucking easy to Google that shit yourself.
>>
>>
>>92463930
Sarry. I think I've actually looked it up before now myself, only remembered it now.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>92464332
>drone has eight propellers
Makes sense.
>>
>>
>>92462269
Slott really should not be using Twitter. I think that's a part of the reason why I've been mostly avoiding his work in the past five years. The other part is that what little I did read seemed subpar and/or him trying to enrage the audience.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>92464392
Slott should just avoid interacting with people in any medium. He'd be doing us all a favor.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>92464690
That's something I've been wondering about for a while, didn't Sandman die in the first issue? You know, when they were still fighting Regent?
>>
>>
>>92457978
>>92457985
>>92457993
Are these three 404'd for anyone else?
>>
>>92464711
You mean the Secret Wars one? Conway's mostly ignoring it. The X-Men were supposed to be dead there, too.
>>
>>
>>92464711
The Slott stuff isn't in continuity with this book.

Conway flat out said its not, for one. But also, just look at the setting (Slott's book was super futuristic, this isn't). Regent obviously happened on some level in this one, but it wasn't as big of a deal as in Slott's.
>>
>>92464720
Yes
>>92464711
The way I see it, it was made clear in Secret Wars that Doom remade the multiverse and cobbled it together. This is the universe that got remade into the Slott miniseries. Also as anon said >>92464785 Conway said it's not canon
>>
>>92464732
>You mean the Secret Wars one?
Er, I think so? I don't know, actually, I mean, MJs suit works off Regent's tech, and her joining the fight was kind of foreshadowed at the end of that story.

But then that same story had Sandman dying, so...?

>>92464785
>Regent obviously happened on some level in this one, but it wasn't as big of a deal as in Slott's.
So it's a separate continuity, _from_ the separate continuity?

God this is confusing.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>92464864
The greatest argument I've ever seen for not having children.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>92465357
Was I the only one who was a bit thrown by how all the X-Men look straight out of the 80s in this one?
>>
>>
>>
>>92465410
I remember there being a rumor that X-Men '92 was going to be part of the Renew Your Vows universe.
>>
>>
>>
>>92465475
The animated series?

Yeah, that'd be where it looks familiar from.
>>
>>
>>92465539
That's definitely where the costumes are from, but I was referring to the recent comic series set in that universe.
>>
>>92465410
>>92465475
X-Men '92 had Jean x Scott, not Jean x Logan though.
>>
>>
>>92465583
Ah. I never read it so I didn't know.
>>
>>92465579
Oh, I didn't know about that at all. Though I suppose it would make more sense to cross it with that instead of the twenty-five year-old animated series. More relevant.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>92461747
> cishet Johnny Storm
fuck off /co/mblr
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>92465778
Is it just me or does Jubilee seem to be dressed in somewhat more a modern fashion than the other X-Men?

She's got that silly haircut that was very popular last year.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>92457557
Alright book. But weird to care about a marriage so much.
>>
>>92464945
> he's going to knock up Annie just like his old man
>>
>>
>>92465611
>A book recognizes that for the most people there should be no big difference between born mutants and mutated ones.

Holy shit, Marvel still has some smart writers?
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>92465554
> Jean and her husband Wolverine
*record scratch*
>>
>>92466068
Which goes against the whole xmen thing.

We live in a world where people acdept add ons bodys but not genetic babies.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>92466187
Well, that was easy.
>>
Only the Kelly issues.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>92466187
>>92466263
Yeah, this was easily my least favorite part of the series so far. MJ just one punches Emma and Magneto after all that build up?

And why is Emma even controlling Magneto? He was working with her. And how is he being controlled if he has his helmet on?
>>
>>92466197
The whole minorities are mutants thing never worked. Sure there are Muslims that don't go around blowing shit up, but even then they can't teleport anywhere they want or move metal with their mind.
>>
>>92466388
>MJ just one punches Emma and Magneto after all that build up?
I guess it's sorta justified if you think about how she's not really used to holding back like Spidey is and just powers through people?

But yeah, I think it's been the weakest part of what's otherwise a fairly solid series so far.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>92465554
Wolverine and Jean's daughter Kate/Shine is the best and cutest thing that happened in Marvel the past 5 years.
>>
>>
>>
File: 1463566546475.png (156KB, 680x678px) Image search: [Google]
1463566546475.png
156KB, 680x678px
>>92463741

>DAT SHADED CAMELTOE

calm down boner
>>
>>92466428
Emma going down with one punch while she's trying to control everyone doesn't surprise me.
Magneto being controlled is strange. That would mean Cerebro can bypass Magneto's helmet.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>92466135
I love how happy Shine is, when she looks at her dad. Spiderling and Shine. Superdaughters ongoing when?
>>
>>
>>92466482
> I still want to do Anna Maria Marconi
Special hell
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>92466388
>And why is Emma even controlling Magneto?

She isn't. Emma just spoke to him telepathically.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>92466252
Thank you.
>>
>>
>>92467057
You are welcome
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>92467136
>You are welcome
This
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>92467233 Red Sonja
>>
>>
>>
New thread
>>92467458
>>
>>92464371
There's such a thing as hexacopters
>>
>>92466585
>That would mean Cerebro can bypass Magneto's helmet.
In fairness, he is standing literally inside it. Helmet could be lined with lead and something'd probably get through at that range.
>>
>>92457557
I love this series
>>
>>92467518
Nice.
>>
>>92464927
Normie, you're too young for that just yet.
>>
Bump for quality storytimes
>>
https://pastebin.com/iy49cxiK
>>
>>92471427 Witchblade.
>>
>>92470961
>Bump for quality storytimes
This.
>>
>>92466443
CARL!
>>
>>92468225
Same.
>>
Storytime. >>92474492
>>
>>92466884
Based.
>>
>>92466585
I figure they just assumed he was being controlled. I don't think Spider-people would know about the helmet.
>>
CUTE
>>
>>92464844
According to Conway, events vaguely similar to Secret Wars RYV happened. Regent tries to take over the world, captures heroes, then Peter, MJ, and Annie stop him (with MJ getting the tech from Regent's suit to become Spinerette).

>So it's a separate continuity, _from_ the separate continuity?

Yeah, that's pretty much it. The major difference is he didn't take over the world or didn't take over long enough to make it that futuristic looking thing in the Secret Wars mini. And the heroes didn't get killed off.
>>
>>92465410
>Was I the only one who was a bit thrown by how all the X-Men look straight out of the 80s in this one?

That's not 80's, it's 90's.
>>
>>92465475
It was a rumor by that same dickhead who pretended to be a Marvel Insider. He was trying to claim that as well as claiming Marvel was going to make an Avengers '92 which makes no fucking sense from a business standpoint.
>>
>>92465579
>>92465475
It wouldn't have been in the same universe. X-Men '92 ended with Xavier dead and every person on Earth powered up, like Morrison's JLA WW3 arc. Once the cover in >>92465357 was shown in solicitations it was obvious that it couldn't be the X-Men '92 universe.
>>
>>92477627
This
>>
>>92466210
And why is exactly is that Xavier's call? What happened to trials? Isn't Jubilee a minor? Isn't Talbot or Ross running the Raft?
>>
>>92480256
>>
https://pastebin.com/sU57VJGM

>>
Witchblade >>92482520
>>
>>92463655
for sure
>>
>>92465635
How often do x-men students graduate?
>>
>>92484122
They don't. They get to die fighting sentinels and brotherhood mutants.
>>
https://pastebin.com/ps4wxu4b

>>
>>92488306
Thank you.
>>
>>92457579
>>92457589
okay this actually drawn really fucking well

toriyama-esque
>>
>>92457632
who is the penciler for this?

i want to read anything done by them
>>
>>92491240
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Stegman
>>
>>92489458
>>
Honestly, Renew Your Vows should be the canon universe. It's high time Peter and MJ settled down.
>>
>>92494537
>. It's high time Peter and MJ settled down.
I miss mc2 peter RIP.
Thread posts: 350
Thread images: 234

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.