[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What if they put out a 2D Transformers movie? Now that the horse

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 13

File: image.png (28KB, 1024x401px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
28KB, 1024x401px
What if they put out a 2D Transformers movie? Now that the horse movie is coming out
>>
>>91344034
Probably depends on how well the horse movie does
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vvbowl8_k4Y
Wow it's coming out already
>>
I'd watch it

>>91344275
I'm gonna watch it
>>
>>91344275
it looks so bad jesus

they just got the animation from the show and put a lot of cheap shadow effects over it
>>
>>91344275
This shit is written by an executive. I think it's the same retard who fucked up the scripts for Jem and the Holograms.
>>
>>91344398
Not really, I mean if you think it looks bad you probably think the show looks bad too, but I mean not really @ the second part....the animation looks completely different than the show, but you know it's not a stand alone movie or a reboot, it IS the movie for the show, so no, they were not going to completely rehaul the style and look of it, just update it

After all, the only people going to see this are children, manchildren, and womanchildren who like the show, it's not being made for haters of said show
>>
File: 1491500464487.png (38KB, 621x354px) Image search: [Google]
1491500464487.png
38KB, 621x354px
>>91344398
Somebody fucked up on the shadows.
https://twitter.com/R_Dart/status/850038828039458818
>>
>>91344471
It was made by the same people running the tv show
>>
>>91344493
That's what happens when not only you hire incompetent faggots, but when you have an idiot executive breathing down your work and self-inserting his retarded ideas into it.

Btw I see where this is going, can we please ask Hiro to Range IP ban /mlp/ from discussing the movie for 1 week straight, but allowing our /co/mrades to talk about it like they deserve?
That would be hilarious. I'd pay to see /co/ objectively criticizing the movie without /mlp/ interfering with their neutral defensive doormat whining.
>>
>>91344034
DIRECTED BY MICHAEL BAY, with the same fugly designs from the movie but now it's in 2D.

Imagine a 2D movie about Transformers made in the same style as How It Should Have Ended.
>>
File: Soundwave-8.jpg (93KB, 899x901px) Image search: [Google]
Soundwave-8.jpg
93KB, 899x901px
>>91344539
You clearly don't know /mlp/ at all, and you can't objectively criticize something you have an agenda against

Fag

>>91344554
I think the only reasons Bayformers designs look even halfway bad is BECAUSE they are in 3d, concept art in the movie style always looks fantastic

It just looks "bad" on screen because it's so damn busy and the action is so faced paced it's hard to make anything out
>>
File: 1756346345345345.png (106KB, 639x961px) Image search: [Google]
1756346345345345.png
106KB, 639x961px
>>91344493
>Lol revisions are you mad? That costs extra money!!
And this was suppose to be an in-house animation from America, not an off-shores bullshit from Vietnam or the Phillipines.
>>
>>91344275
It'll just be the same as this shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM6Z8If4jRs
>>
>>91344604
Not sure if shit-eating Trannieformer fan or stupid alien horse fan, either way Hasbro fans are retarded. Should probably get Hiro in on killing all the Sony and Hasbro drones.
>>
>>91344493
>>91344539
>expecting the Barney staff to be competent
That's your first mistake.
>>
File: Mentor and Student.png (3MB, 1919x790px) Image search: [Google]
Mentor and Student.png
3MB, 1919x790px
>>91344604
I do like some of the designs
>>91344554
Nah, they'll do better in 2D designs because it will be worse in Prime-tier 3D for Bayformers.
>>
>>91344644
>He's a Marvel Studios fan
Kek, enjoy your memes faggot
Go buy your dancing Groot doll, WOOO RETRO MUSIC IS LYKE SO KEWL
>>
File: 1383894185107.png (122KB, 800x795px) Image search: [Google]
1383894185107.png
122KB, 800x795px
>>91344644
someone's upset
>>
File: bayfinger_size3.png (215KB, 590x295px) Image search: [Google]
bayfinger_size3.png
215KB, 590x295px
>>91344034
I still can't understand how Brian Goldner and Hollywood can allow this special effects retard in charge of a multi-billion dollar franchise for 5 movies. It's like allowing Deviantart to create a movie.
Letting the same director and writer in charge of an entire franchise is something new to me, especially when the person in charge is a blatantly talentless hack and an idiot who's losing you far more money that you could have made.
>>
File: good god.png (193KB, 511x245px) Image search: [Google]
good god.png
193KB, 511x245px
>>91344743
Here's the thing:

His shit sells

Simple as that. 4 movies in and even domestic the loss isn't huge that if china wasn't available it wouldn't be a box office disappointment.

But why does his shit sell? Take into account video game hype. Trailers, promotional and at best, the fact that it's the only robot movie genre with sequels and at worst, an actual following as of now makes it an X-Men Apocalypse tier capeshit that simply sells because it is what it is.

Also, he's not losing money, he's made Paramount a billion from a bad movie. Let that sink in..
>>
File: filmschool.jpg (102KB, 600x850px) Image search: [Google]
filmschool.jpg
102KB, 600x850px
>>91344743
Do you even realize how much money Michael Bay has made for Hasbro, regardless of how much the Doug and Brad Walkers and their ilk of the world stick their noses up at him?
>>
File: TransformersPrimePremierePoster.jpg (86KB, 720x548px) Image search: [Google]
TransformersPrimePremierePoster.jpg
86KB, 720x548px
>>91344675
I thought Prime was a decent middle ground between Bayformers and Animated cartoony, it's not my favorite TF style by a longshot but I think it served it's purpose
>>
File: aoetransf.webm (3MB, 1280x532px) Image search: [Google]
aoetransf.webm
3MB, 1280x532px
>>91344937
It's rather faithful compared to 90% of the Baybots. Jazz and Brawl still manages to be the best-adapted bots for live action hands down.

Also I have a hate-love relationship with current AoE Optimus. I love the fuck out of it, I hate that it transforms into an earth vehicle.
>>
>>91344034
That´s assuming the horse movie doesn flop.
After Jen Allspark is in life support.

>>91344493
That sounds like damage control.
>>
>>91345000
JUST and the holograms

The marketing was just horrible with that movie.
>>
>>91345000
>That sounds like damage control.
Might be. We'll find out when an actual trailer comes out.
>>
>>91345018
The marketing was non existent, not only that, but Jem hasn't existed as a brand outside of reruns since literally the 80s...

MLP is a successful toyline and girls brand these days regardless of the brony factor, it couldn't possibly fail on a Jem level if it tried

And let's remember how badly Jem failed, it was pulled out of theaters within 2 weeks, and honestly....it had nothing to do with how bad the movie was, which it was, literally nobody other than uber nerds knew it was coming out to begin with, MLP has a kid fanbase and brand recognition
>>
>>91345055
Worst part is whenever I think of Jem's publicity I instantly think to Dredd3D's demise.

At least the latter has a chance to be Netflixed.

But with MLP they need to up the marketing too. They can't just rely on the dying fandom to spread the hype by themselves.
>>
>>91345093
I think as time goes on there will be more marketing for MLP, I do think they're playing it a bit close though, but it's not like there aren't MLP toy commercials on tv constantly, I don't see why they wouldn't invest in advertising the movie when they're ready to
>>
>>91344983
Reminds me too much of the Starcraft 2 trailer for the marine.
>>
>>91344791
>>91344792
It's just that you could have made much, much more money if you hired real talent. All that money being churned in is because Transformers is a recognized franchise backed up by everything and everyone.

For example Tron Uprising didn't flop, but it didn't make enough cash for Disney to want to take Tron over Star Wars. Simply because nobody knows what the fuck Tron is.
Just like nobody knew what Jem and the Holograms are.

Minecraft isn't a good game, but the massive popularity on Youtube has made it into a successful indie game blockbuster for the swedish fatguy who made it.
>>
>>91345443
A billion, anon.

He made a billion.

Sure he might care a little bit more for TF5 given how much he's giving effort to livestreams and inviting TF fans to watch incomplete cuts for their opinions but in the end, he made a billion from a bad movie. There's no need to make more if he crossed a fucking billion dollars in box office from the worst in the live action series.

Also note that the masses rather enjoyed TF3 back when the MCU was just starting out because it was so silly in science and managed to be coherent despite all the explosions.
>>
>>91345443
Transformers wasn't doing extremely well before Michael Bay, sure it existed and wasn't as dead as say, G.I Joe, but his movie franchise reinvigorated the brand with public interest from all ages, which is partially why Hasbro took a chance with MLP and the whole G4 thing, which also worked out quite well for them

Most people have seen Transformers (Bayformers) just like most people have heard of MLP g4, nobody but hardcore fans cared about TF during the anime years and nobody cared about MLP period during G3
>>
>>91344034
If anything, they would just make a hybrid of the 1986 movie and the prime series
>>
>>91345606
Prime has been over since 2013
>>
>>91344275
I'm hype senpai
>>
I still find it fucking weird that I am actually hyped for the Bumblebee movie, just because Travis Knight is fucking directing it. Also, it's a prequel that might be set during WW2, if that's what TF5 is hinting at.
>>
>>91346073
I'm interested to see the future of the franchise, it seems to be taking some drastic turns
>>
>>91344983
>I hate that it transforms into an earth vehicle.
Why though?
>>
>>91344792
>Do you even realize how much money Michael Bay has made for Hasbro

Not very much. Hasbro only makes money on merchandise; they don't make any money AT ALL off of the movies. Car companies have orders of magnitude more stake in those movies than Hasbro does.

For Age of Extinction Hasbro had to slash the budget and release very few toys because movie toys don't sell well.
>>
>>91347628
But at the same time, Hasbro would not have sold as much merchandise period movie toys or otherwise if it wasn't for Bay bringing the franchise back to the forefront of pop culture

Be it through Animated, Prime, t shirts, back packs, lunchboxes, whatever....

Transformers was not a huge brand during the anime years, I have total confidence saying it was only because of the Michael Bay movie it was huge again for kids and brought back into the spotlight

Maybe you can tell me I'm wrong, but it sure as hell seemed that way, if Hasbro wasn't selling movie toys somehow I doubt they were selling more Energon toys or whatever else
>>
>>91344539
/mlp/ will criticize the movie and complain about it more than rest of the internet combined

Then they'll fap to it
>>
File: heathcliff1.jpg (8KB, 245x185px) Image search: [Google]
heathcliff1.jpg
8KB, 245x185px
>>91344275

>saviour of the 2d.

it's another spongebob.
>>
>>91348987
Nah, MLP can't be another spongebob because it actually has a new narrative/story arch every season and film

At the worst it's another DBZ
>>
>>91348952
/mlp/ is probably the worst place to talk about mlp on the net
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.