[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you want to see from Frank in Season 2? He's obviously

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 9

What do you want to see from Frank in Season 2?
He's obviously too young to still be a Nam vet, so I'm guessing he'll be an Iraq/Afghanistan vet, or did some crazy spec ops Heart of Darkness shit in a jungle somewhere to echo the Nam background.
>>
>>79861748
Recast him pls
>>
Ideally he would have been franking for about as long as Daredevil has been a' devillin.
Mirror their evolution and have them each represented as being right in certain circumstances.
>>
>>79861748
>What do you want to see from Frank in Season 2?

I want to see him Frank some motherfuckers with an M60.
>>
File: 1453947768620.jpg (96KB, 750x490px) Image search: [Google]
1453947768620.jpg
96KB, 750x490px
I just want the scene where he has Daredevil tied up and with a gun taped into his hand, whilst he assassinates someone. And from the dialog in the teaser, and this image, I'm getting my wish. That was an amazing scene.
>>
>>79861880
I kind of wish we were getting old Frank, even though it wouldn't make much sense.
>>
File: 1362411648298.jpg (26KB, 336x434px) Image search: [Google]
1362411648298.jpg
26KB, 336x434px
>>79861748
>Thought that was Scott Adkins in the thumbnail
>>
I hope if Micro shows up he's like a gun shop owner who helps him out or something.
>>
New trailer tomorrow!
https://www.instagram.com/p/BBxO1gACGEn/
>>
>>79862457
Fucking finally.
>>
File: froink.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
froink.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
New skull has a new image, unobstructed this time.
>>
>>79862734
Looks cool.
>>
Isn't this season a bit redundant if Frank is getting his own show? I mean, we'll spend 13 episodes learning about Frank, and then spend another 13?
>>
>>79862734
SKULL

SKULL

NOW, COUNT YOUR SINS
>>
>>79862791

Sounds good.
>>
>>79862791
Well, Elektra is in it too. This covers Frank's origin so his series can just him doing Punisher stuff.
>>
>>79862761
Yeah, I mean, the main 'issues' or source thereof of the Netflix shows is grounding their characters and stories more than the comics do. Which is a stylistic choice I like seeing here and there, but some people take issue with it. But Frank is already pretty grounded, for the most part, so there shouldn't be too much straying from his character, not even visually like they did with daredevil.

>>79861957
The suit here looks better. It seems that Charlie Cox slimmed a bit for a better fit. Last season he was buffing every episode more and more, and by the end the costume looked way too tight (adding to the other flaws of it). I think they took his measures in the beginning of shooting and he just grew too much by the end. Here it looks better (may also be the red-ish lighting.

>>79862791
No frank show has been officially announced. But it isn't more redundant than having a second season of Daredevil after the first. There's always more stories to tell.
>>
So I'm guessing Season 2 DD is gonna be the typical Kingpin/Elektra/Bullseye gangbang with Punisher showing up and clashing with DD but ultimately helping him with Kingpin. I wouldn't be surprised if they made Kingpin responsible for Frank's family.

So what would they do for Season 1 Punisher? Pull out Jigsaw maybe?

I want to see Barracuda at some point.
>>
>>79862992
No Kingpin this season. Not recurring, anyway. I don't think bullseye has been announced or talked about, either, but I seriously doubt they don't have him in the same season as Elektra.
>>
>>79862992
Bullseye is not in this season and I don't think Fisk will appear much. Maybe at the end after he gets out of prison in full Kingpin mode.

Directors said Punisher is the season's main antagonist.
>>
>>79862457
''YOU ARE ONE FRANK AWAY FROM BEING FRANK''

GET HYPE
>>
>>79863037
>>79863026
That's honestly refreshing.
>>
>>79863037
>>79863026
>>79863070
Aaron Paul is too busy with his career to play Bullseye. They are going to have to wait another year.
>>
>>79861748
A fight against Frank/Will Simpson.

Frank vs. Frank: The Frankening.

Bonus points if one of them whistles the star spangled man with a plan while looking for the other while he's hiding reloading his weapon.
>>
How do you feel about this footage they showed at Brazil Con, /co/?

>The “teaser” started on a scene where Matt, dressed as Daredevil (wearing the uniform from the end of season 1) walks on a room that looked like a refrigerator. The place was barely lit and had big slices of meat hanging from the ceiling.

>As Daredevil walks on that room (the camera focused only at him) we see that he’s searching for something as he stays quiet, slowly walking deep into the room, turning his head trying to hear something. At some point, something not show to the spectator grasps his attention.

>The camera open focus to the rest of the room and we see that there are also people being hanged like meat.

>Matt searches the corpses with his super senses, not touching, only trying for heart beats, once he finds someone he rush to aid the man: “I’ll take you of that” (or something like it), he says as he tries to take the barely alive man off the hook.

>After succeeding, he lays the guy (that I have no idea of how he could be alive considering how badly injured the dude was) on the ground and say something along the lines “Why did they do this to you?” In which the guy mumbles “They? It was just a guy”. Matt stays dead silent, camera focusing on him.

>The scene shifts. It’s night time and someone is on the top of a building aiming a sniper riffle at a person on a taxi. I’m not sure if the person being aimed was a man or a woman, though it looked like a woman.

>The man behind the gun is no one else but the Frank Castle. While Frank is readying his riffle for the perfect shot, unaware of his surroundings, DD appears.

>Running on the rooftop, he jumps and kicks the gun, amazingly diving over Frank to stop him. They soon engage on a fight, but when it was getting interesting and intense as fuck the scene was cut with the Daredevil logo and “2016 - NETFLIX”.
>>
>>79863216
We're getting that iconic scene aren't we?

Ennis must be ejeculating all over to place.
>>
I still feel like it was a big mistake wasting Frank Grillo as Crossbons instead of making him Frank, but what's done is done.
>>
>>79863295
Speaking of writers, Frank Miller already commented that Elodie Yung is not his Elektra and never will be. He hasn't even seen the show and he's already firing off bullshit.

Motherfucker's cancer only made him more arrogant.
>>
>>79863353
He said the same about Dark Knight.

He was right about that though
>>
>>79863373
Dark Knight was more Long Halloween than Millerbats though.

Besides, they already tried to do his version of Daredevil and we got WAKE ME UP INSIDE instead.
>>
>>79863328
Heh, he looks too Italian and Guido-y. Frank Bernthal looks a lot better, and it's not like the Grillo is that much better an actor than Bernthal anyway. The Punisher is not the kind of character that requires that great an actor, so long as he can scowl and generally look miserable. It depends much more on the writer, I think.

>>79863373
Sure, for all intents and purposes, that wasn't the Joker. It was a good spin on the character, and a great character in his own right, but it wasn't the joker.
>>
>>79863353
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEgILJadDRQ

I think she'll be good.
>>
>>79863423
This. All Punisher needs is a good, gruff deadpan narrative voice and a writer who can do noir without it turning into Max Payne.
>>
>>79863422
This one is pretty close to Miller DD actually. Hell, Charlie Cox is literally Matt. Vincent D'onoororroforooroio as well (Love and War).

Elektra will be as close as it gets but Miller will hate it anyway. I don't want him to become second coming of Alan Moore but seems he's already lost. Hey, at least Miller wrote some god-tier stuff :^)
>>
>>79863438
She was fighting blindfolded too. And Karen Page's irl boyfriend is going blind. There's so much meta in this show. Is there such a thing as a Marvel hypercrisis?
>>
>>79863328
I agree, in Purge 2 he went full Frank.
>>
>>79863491
Yeah, but it doesn't have a name. I think we should call it Infinite Wars.
>>
>>79863082
Why the fuck would anyone want Aaron Paul Bullseye
I don't believe you've ever read a comic with bullseye in it if that's your dream casting.
>>
>>79863353
Elektra is his character.
He created her both in writing and design, defined her, killed her, ressurected her and gave her one of the first female led solos at the big 2. Miller is arrogant, yes, but if anyone has the right to comment on Elektra it is him.
>>
>>79863595
No, he's just the most talked about besides Walton Goggins, who I don't think would do it.

It's mostly that Paul's forehead and crazy eyes are his only distinct things about him, and he hasn't done anything noteworthy since breaking bad (mostly because he doesn't have that good a range).
>>
>no Kingpin
>no Bullseye

SO who the fuck is the main villain? There's no way Frank will be the major antagonist of the season because that would essentially make it filler before the inevitable Punisher series.

Is it going to be more Hand/Black Sky shit? Are we going to go full Ninja II this season?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSyQwEYrosY
>>
>>79863662
Odds are it'll be a disposable (but demonstrably brutal) crime organization that Frank can carve through while Matt cries at him to stop. Probably hire some street level side villain as well, if that isn't just Elektra.

The Hand is too big to not get teased pre-release, though I've never been terribly interested in them.
>>
>>79863662
Yeah, Stick is confirmed for 3 episodes, and the Hand is going to be the main villain group. Now, they might have cast some Japanese actors that aren't that famous so they haven't bothered announcing them (how early did we know about Shinkoda last year?). I hope they don't follow the rule of the conservation of the Ninja too much. That always sucks.

That or it's one of Punisher's mostly unremarkable villains, who always die at the end of the story.

These Netflix productions are very hush-hush.
>>
>>79863662
I think they might pull out Bullseye as a surprise midseason.
>>
>>79863646
Sure he has the right, but he could at least see it before dismissing her. He might not be wrong, but he's still an hypocritical asshole. Daredevil wasn't his character and he made a living out of writing him. Same goes for Batman and everything else he put his finger on.
>>
>>79863716

I mean they spent all that time in S1 building them up as an important organization, I feel like they need to start moving those pieces around the board some.

>>79863742

>Stick is confirmed for 3 episodes

Smells promising to me.

>These Netflix productions are very hush-hush.

It's the nice part of not having to do any actual advertising or promos for your shows unless you want to. Netflix cares more about building a library then what the ratings are right now, so they don't need to care about a huge promotional cycle.
>>
>>79863863
>they spent all that time in S1 building them up
Oh yeah, I forgot about that.
I really need to rewatch S1
>>
>>79863863
Yeah, ratings mean nothing to Netflix. They don't have opportunity loss because they don't have a finite schedule where they could replace a bad rated show for a better one. After producing, they need to recoup their money, and the best way for them to do so is to keep a diverse library with quality enough to justify their price.

Heck, Marco Polo was expensive as shit, poorly received and rated, and they still went ahead for a special and a second season. I suppose the starting costs were lowered on a second season, so it will start to compensate after a couple seasons.

Speaking of they could reuse some of the sets and assets for the Iron Fist series, if they want to cut costs to afford a CGI dragon.
>>
>>79862457

oh shit
>>
How unrealistic is to hope for a Netflix Moon Knight series? It's pretty much the only thing I want from Marvel right now.
>>
>>79863863
>>79863952
I don't know why, but that comment the Chinese lady made about her organization being otherworldly (don't recall exactly what she said) made me assume she was linked to Fing Fang Foom for some reason.
>>
>>79862878
So, you use up all of Frank's plot on DD's show...
>>
>>79864044
I don't think they are moving towards moon knight/blade/ghost rider like so many people want to. They are establishing these brands and they will milk them for a while. These ones are too expensive compared to their fame, especially because of the magic part of it, which is only worth doing if it's to be expensive.

Heck, even a multi-season Punisher show seems weird to me without being a bit repetitive without crossing paths with other heroes.
>>
>>79863969

Marco Polo is nothing. Hemlock Grove was a legitimate joke of a series that everyone made fun of and I genuinely have never met a person who has ever watched an episode out of one thread I saw one time on /tv/. It still got 3 seasons.

It doesn't matter if everyone hates it now, what matters is it'll be around for the next decade and just by being part of their library it makes them money. This is also why they're letting auteur lunatics like the Wachowski siblings and Baz Luhrmann do their own series with zero producer oversight, even if it creates pure madness like Sense8. They're taking pitches for things that barely qualify as series like Narcos because fuck it, why not?

I don't like everything they do and I think their writing format still needs work, but from a business standpoint it's fascinating to watch and their content is at least interesting and unlike anything else.

>>79864056

The old lady was connected to the ninja that Matt got BTFO'd by, it's The Hand..
>>
>>79864062
They don't necessarily have to go into his origin this season. Or they could do it sparingly: Matt looks him up and goes "whole family gunned down at a picnic, that's pretty fucked" and then if/when Punisher's show happens they can go into his memory of it, the psychological ramifications, etc etc

Though frankly I want some of S2 to be told from Frank's perspective. I just want one narration starting with "Punisher War Journal Entry#32:...."
>>
>>79864062
and then just have frank spend 13 hours murdering criminals in increasingly ridiculous ways? yes please.
>>
>>79864148
My major question is what happens when they "End" these shows? Like what happens when actors drop out? Do they just kill off the characters? What happens when they are canceled?
>>
>>79861789
>literal frankface
>clearly has the ability to play "scowling meanman"
>bad casting
U wot
>>
>>79864148
Yeah, but did hemlock grove cost 90 million to produce?

I don't think Marco Polo was bad. It wasn't great, but it wasn't bad either. It's just hard to justify the price. It looked fucking beautiful, though, and the winter special reminded me a lot of Avatar:TLA. I really liked that.
>>
>>79864194
OITNB got renewed for 3 seasons.

Sadly I think most of these shows are going to go Showtime: with shitty endings after 1 or 2 (or 5) seasons of being shitty.
>>
>>79864062
Are you shitting me? As long as you can think of criminals for frank to shoot you have frank plots
Plus, Ennis Max has at least 3 seasons worth of plots alone.
>>
File: bxlkgklcuaehaz--jpg-large-107013.jpg (154KB, 800x1155px) Image search: [Google]
bxlkgklcuaehaz--jpg-large-107013.jpg
154KB, 800x1155px
>>79864044
if punisher does well? They'll probably do the 2014 costume, but otherwise it'll be some glorious moon knight.
>>
>>79864266
It's why I'm wary of Marvel TV. Most shows usually end at season 6, and they want to try to te this all in to the "Not gonna stop making movies" MCU.
>>
>>79864062

Frank is basically the same plot every time, what matters is how it's being told. We've already gotten

>80's action movie
>neo-western thriller
>bugfuck-nuts Cannon films exploitation action spectacle

versions of Frank from the previous three movies, they just to find their own version of Frank and how he murders punks.

>>79864194

There's basically a Soviet wall of silence around all Netflix productions, we don't know shit about anything behind-the-scenes on how the sausage is made.

>>79864239

>90 million

Goddamn. That's what happens when you want to be Game of Thrones I guess, you need to have the GoT money.

I've been tempted to watch it, it looks like my kind of stupid.

>>79864266

No one really knows. The big daddy of Netflix House of Cards still isn't over despite having no reason to exist at this point, so we’ll have to see how these shows handle departure when they have to go.
>>
>>79864285
>Ennis Max
Does that mean we get to see Frank and Fury grizzle it up in a bar?
>>
>>79864148
What? I thought the old lady was connected to Iron Fist's mystical land.
>>
>>79863662
Kingpin can still do shit form the prison. We don't know if Bullseye is not there. So we can expect anything.
>>
File: Bueno.jpg (10KB, 403x198px) Image search: [Google]
Bueno.jpg
10KB, 403x198px
>>79862457
YESSSS!!!!
>>
>>79864315
Daredevil should have enough stories. Iron Fist maybe, too. But Jessica Jones and Luke Cage don't. There's hardly anything for a season 2 to begin with. I just hope they don't go arrow on it after a while. 4 DD seasons + 1 or 2 team up seasons seem like a good place to stop.

I don't think it will last much longer past Phase 3. Feige is maybe gone, most of the actors are gone and they are going to start doing legacy characters and power creep will reach it's maximum at IW2. I think interest in cape movies will also veer off by then. I'd like Marvel TV to have more of a cohesive vision like the movies.

After that they'll have to sell it again.
>>
>mfw Bullseye fans are given Max Bullseye
>>
>>79864507

JJ S2 has a solid foundation with the Nuke plotline.

I don't know shit about Luke Cage, so his story prospects are a mystery to me.
>>
>>79864532
He's black anon, his prospects are clear: big dicks, mob bosses, and white chicks.
>>
>>79864532
My fear about a JJ show is that JJ isn't a great character. They CAN go the general detective route and make her a less edgy female rorcharch or something. Maybe adapt the beginning of Alias, since they pretty much skipped it.

Most of Alias and the reason of Jessica existing at all was to show a story featuring Purple Man. She's a reactive character, not an active one. They'll have to work extra hard to make it not a generic detective show and make Jessica a more interesting character without Purple Man.

That or make it more of a Hellcat show. You know what? I'm fine with that. I really liked Trish. She really felt a lot like the perfect Carol to bring to the big screen, which is funny considering she was a Carol stand-in, anyway.
>>
>>79863969
Marco Polo was an attempt to get into the Chinese market. Didn't matter how it was received in the west, if they saw their market go up in the east it was a success
>>
>>79864633
Heh, I hadn't considered that. That makes sense.
>>
>>79864600

That's why I'm really interested to see what they do with JJ S2. I really enjoyed S1 warts and all, but they blew their load on the big story and closed off any chance of it opening again, so now it;s basically going to have to be pure OC from here on out because no one cared about The Pulse.

>not make it a generic detective show

Well maybe not the generic part, but I love the idea of it just being a detective series with a dusting of cape on it. The one thing they proved with JJ is their willingness to actually branch out into new genres and play into them with their characters, and if they want to make a fucked-up noir series starring Jessica Jones I'd be down with that. I'll take Bosch with superpowers.

>Hellcat series

Why the fuck not? Rachel Taylor was the secret MVP of the show and finally proof that she can headline a real show by herself.
>>
>>79864148
Sense8 was fucking great for me. But the opinion was very devisive, you either love it or hate it
>>
>>79864725

I'm not making any quality judgements about it, jsut saying that no other channel would have taken that show on. It's pure fucking madness and any other network or service would take one look at that and go "Cloud Atlas by way of Bablyon 5 sounds like a sure-fire disaster."

And yet Netflix is giving them a Season 2. They're letting weird shit though because they can, and that's fantastic.
>>
>>79864725
Watchowski's curse. The matrix and Jupiter Ascending cancel each other out. Most other things are really divisive. Cloud Atlas might be one of my favorite movies, but most people I know don't really like it.

>>79864719
Yeah, I don't know enough about Melissa's chops. She did help write pretty interesting Dexter seasons, so she might be able to spear-head it. I'd like to see a weird concept villain again. If it has to be OC, then so be it. About separating Hellcat, they'd be spreading themselves too thin, I think.
>>
>>79864600
They set up mutant growth hormone. Just rename it and its good to go. I want to see that story done. Can't use spider girl either but they can just have a lot of others using it, maybe Pasty.
>>
>>79864818

I never watched the other show she was showrunner for(though I know that's where Nuke's actor came from) so my only other point of reference was her being on Dexter for the good years.

>About separating Hellcat, they'd be spreading themselves too thin, I think.

You might be right.
>>
>>79864896
It's not that the actress couldn't pull it off, it's just dividing the main cast too much from a show that already lost it's main focus and reason to exist. About the showrunner, these shows are good mostly for being produced by Netflix, which has a pretty great track record. I don't think Marvel TV is the one pushing things up, but the only other show they have control over is SHIELD, and that might be quirky because of it's condition of being the MCU pilot flame most of the year in the years that didn't have anything else occurring, and the fact that broadcast tv generally sucks, these days.
>>
> but the only other show they have control over is SHIELD

Don't forget Agent Carter. I know the rest of the world has, but I swear it's pretty damn good.

> and that might be quirky because of it's condition of being the MCU pilot flame most of the year

I feel like the lack of interest and disintegrating numbers are what's letting that show get weirder and weirder. It's gotten to the point that it just needs to exist because it has to exist, so they're letting the writers do whatever because all it needs to be is time-filler material for the MCU.
>>
>>79865121

responding to

>>79865041
>>
>>79863175
>Will Simpson was literally the bet part of that show. Only other OK character was possibly Luke but other than that Will was my hero.
>>
>>79865121
>>79865143
I really like Agent Carter, I didn't forget it. But Agent Carter is produced by the movie studios (D'Esposito), not TV (Loeb).
>>
File: 1412875864305.jpg (59KB, 500x361px) Image search: [Google]
1412875864305.jpg
59KB, 500x361px
>>79865167
>mfw if only they had listened Will on the first time
>mfw all those people who whould be alive
>mfw Hellcat dares to say that Simpson was the one delaying Killgrave demisse instead of Jessica
>>
>>79865322

Huh, that explains why it's more focused and traditionally cinematic then AoS.
>>
>>79865358
>mfw Women are shitters and everyone is surprised.
>>
>>79865358
Heh, most of his actions put hope in jeopardy. It is stupid in hindsight, but they took the most humane approach at each step. It's called greedy programming in computer science and it generally sucks if you want to optimize, but it's how the brain usually works. The fact that in the end they eventually had to do it his way actually meant they got smarter and more pragmatic about it.

>>79865388
The function of AoS is to be the pilot flame of the MCU. It's there so casual people remember and talk about the MCU around the year. It's also there to come after the movies and plug up potential plot-holes. It's like the broom-car in bike races (do they have those everywhere?).

It's never going to be big, but it can be entertaining and serve its purpose. I don't mind the movies ripple outwards into the series, if it mean there's less contrivance. At some point some show will challenge the movie continuity and it'll be easier to remove it from canon without bogging down the already busy movies, but for now it covered Whedon's ass with the Helicarrier plot-line, and having a covert ops setting is an easy way to justify retconning as 'I didn't tell you before because you didn't have the clearance'.

It's there if you want it, but you don't have to. Heck, it makes for a better incentive to make it good, and it's getting there, slowly and intermittently. So long as it doesn't devolve into relationship drama and telenovela, I'll keep watching.

I have no idea why they are going to do most wanted, since Hunter's interactions are one of the best parts of the show, and mockingbird is bland as fuck, but I'll see it before dismissing it. Damage control seems like a good idea, but the movies are far apart. I wonder how they'll approach it.
>>
So probably no Civil War trailer this week, then.

I'm cool with that, the later they release it, the less TV-spots to ruin it.
>>
>>79866398

Are we going to get another CW trailer? It seems like that last one was pretty cut-and-dry.
>>
>>79866488
We 'should' get a trailer trailer around now. The first one was a teaser (for the movie), and this latest one was a teaser for a trailer. We still have no official trailer, and I don't think we will until next month, since they almost certainly have to agree on a case-by-case appearance by spider-man.

I'm fine with them not showing anything else until May.
Thread posts: 93
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.