[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ending was shit >he gets the girl in the end Since when

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 9

File: deadpool-gallery-06.jpg (876KB, 2000x1076px) Image search: [Google]
deadpool-gallery-06.jpg
876KB, 2000x1076px
Ending was shit

>he gets the girl in the end

Since when is Deadpool allowed to win?
>>
>>79848832
i know we love Sufferpool, but hey, he had to be lucky at least once
>>
Don't worry, she'll die in the sequel.
>>
[s]sad for no Death relationship[/s]
>>
>>79848832

I was fully expecting Vanessa to do the whole TJ Miller rif he did when he first saw Wade with his fucked up face. Then after like 3 back and forth ugly jokes she would say the sit on his face line.
>>
>>79848860
As if the actress will be back for the sequel.
>>
>>79848832
it's gonna hurt more when she becomes a Villain Sue.
>>
So is Hydra Bob in this?
>>
File: yes guy.jpg (98KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
yes guy.jpg
98KB, 1440x1080px
>>79848991
>>
>>79848991
Hydra and Death are owned by Marvel.

The Wolverine had Madame Hydra, though, but i think they called her Viper
>>
>>79848991
>>79849078

Bob is, hydra isn't.
>>
Eh hell probably marry Shiklah in the sequel Although I dont even know if thats still a thing these days
>>
>>79849119
It is. She's in the new spiderman deadpool comic... I don't know if his daughters been in them lately though.
>>
>>79849175
He has a new daughter with shiklah. She's deadpool 2099
>>
>>79849175
I wasnt sure considering Marvel's track record with relationships
>>
>>79849078
>Disney owns Death

wew lad
>>
>>79849119
>>79849175
Isn't it a plot point that they're breaking up, though?
Shiklah's sleeping with other people and bad mouthing Deadpool because he's spending time with the Avengers, and there was that Deadpool 2099 thing where they had a bad falling out.
>>
>>79848832
i was waiting for her to die in the last few seconds...
>>
>>79849343
Its a rough patch, Im sure two juvenile nigh immortals can work things out. The sex is too good
>>
>>79848832
all movies are "what if" scenarios
>>
File: frodo.jpg (45KB, 600x599px) Image search: [Google]
frodo.jpg
45KB, 600x599px
>>79848832
Implying that wasn't obvious from the beginning.
>>
File: checkem.png (95KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
checkem.png
95KB, 200x200px
>>79849631
This
>>
>>79849681
I thought she would get crushed by falling debris desu.
>>
>>79849343
I don't know if they will break up, but since they haven't had warda yet, I think they're still together. Well just have to wait for 2099 to come out to see.
>>
>>79849875
That would've been fucking shit, it would be getting to the point where you're actively ruining the story just out of fear of anything 'good' or conventional happening.
>>
>>79849953
It would have been funny.
>>
I thought she would have had her mutant shapeshifting power unlocked by the hyperbaric chamber and that'd factor into the defeat of Ajax, but NOPE!
>>
>>79848860
>Ctrl+F "copycat"
Ugh.
>>
File: Deadpool puts Al in the box.jpg (179KB, 945x587px) Image search: [Google]
Deadpool puts Al in the box.jpg
179KB, 945x587px
>>79848832
It was shit because it goes against his character to not only be happy but to randomly and seemingly only because the movie has to end, rid himself of all self doubt. When she asked Wade to take off the mask I thought it was going to be like the ending of Spider-Man and he can't bring himself to do it so he walks away in shame and sadness. That may not have been the best ending either but its just what I thought would happen. The ending was so anti Deadpool I couldn't believe my eyes as it was happening.
Little things like this and Blind Al being a totally happy and non abusive, consensual relationship all come together to give the feeling of a dumbed down and less emotional Deadpool than what I was expecting after reading Joe Kelly's run from when it was posted on /co/ and everyone saying it was like that. The movie was still good but these things really disappointed me. Deadpool is NOT a hero. They try to talk about this in the movie but really his only crime is being too violent about what he is doing. He is completely selfless and heroic fighting a clear cut villain in this movie instead of being a true psychopath anti hero with emotional problems beyond missing his girlfriend. So he actually was a hero, I don't see how he wasn't. I feel like they tried to incorporate that as a theme because it is so prevalent in Deadpool comics but it's like they don't understand why it was in the first place. It would have worked maybe if at the pizza scene he was an actual assassin but it turns out he was kinda a hero there too.

Maybe they wanted a happy ending because they thought it would be their only chance with a movie but days before the launch I heard a sequel was already confirmed and based on this ending I dont see where the story could go or why he would even continue to be Deadpool whereas in the Joe Kelly story he begins to see the mask as his true face and can't bear anyone to see his skin which is why his main emotional support is a blind woman.
>>
>>79848860
This. They're building him up so that he falls from higher.
>>
>>79850526
Movie disappointed me when Weasel and Blind Al met.That's a crazy moment in the comic. They have it there when they don't even need to.

>>79850565
But that will only serve to make Deadpool more heroic.
>>
This is a brightly-colored superhero action comedy marketed to the moviegoing masses. I don't know what else you could have expected. It's only subversive when it doesn't matter. Every important plot point is played by the book.
>>
>>79849078
How does that work anyway?
Marvel Death is a very derivative character taken from folklore, couldn't they have their own version of the grim reaper without infringing?
Same way they could probably have Hercules, just not the Marvel version.
>>
>>79850699
It has a filter that darkens the colors significantly. In OP's picture it is colorful and bright but the movie is desaturated and Grey.
>>
File: dpwyfe.jpg (161KB, 485x656px) Image search: [Google]
dpwyfe.jpg
161KB, 485x656px
>>79848832
>dp wife
>>
File: 1446158982567.jpg (16KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1446158982567.jpg
16KB, 250x250px
>>79848991
mfw didn't hit me Bob was actually in the movie until I got home from watching it
>>
File: 1451940632800.png (130KB, 615x657px) Image search: [Google]
1451940632800.png
130KB, 615x657px
>We actually got a Deadpool movie where it was Deadpool acting like Deadpool while looking like Deadpool and murdering people like Deadpool, and cutting off body parts like Deadpool while talking to characters that Deadpool would actually talk to like Hydra Bob, confirming that this is in fact Deadpool on the screen right now
>>
>>79851158
>Excited about Hydra Bob
Deadpool's worst supporting character.
>>
>>79851217
awww shut up he's good. And it's not like you didn't have other recognizable characters backing up DP in the movie. So you got nothing to complain about.
>>
>>79851272
>he's good
He's not.
And I'm not complaining about his inclusion. I'm complaining about your lack of taste.
>>
>>79850631
How? I don't think that's what heroism means anon.
>>
>>79850526
His motivation is vengeance, not justice. He's no hero.
>>
>>79850730
I don't think he meant literally colorful.
>>
>>79850725
It probably has to do with storyline.

Like how Quicksilver in AoU couldn't be a mutant, just a guy who is mutated.

Death could have theoretically been in the movie, but couldn't act in a way similar to her role in Deadpool
>>
>>79848860
She won't have to.
Because she'll fall out of love with him and leave him by the time the sequel begins

That's more tragic and you know it.
>>
>>79851923
Thats true but he wants vengeance for something entirely reasonable, and the guy was torturing who knows how many other innocent cancer ridden people including the guy Wade befriended while he was there. I think if it was just him who was being tortured he wouldn't of been nearly as angry. But the point is they included stuff like that specifically so the audience would know Wade is in the right. And like I said with the pizza delivery guy, presumably he did a lot more stuff like that which he specified only to people who deserve it. Again, purposefully saying he isn't a bad guy.
>>
>>79848832
Here is the thing, Deadpool suffered a LOT in this movie, but I am glad it ended the way it did. If it had ended with her dead or him just walking away it would have undermined the whole premise of the film, that you can be a good guy who isn't a "good guy" and still have a good life. Deadpool needed a win to highlight how shitty his life was before.

Also Deadpool doesn't always end on sad notes, usually it ends with a happy note or a return to the status quo. It's only a few comics like the one with the North Korean knockoff Avengers that have a really sad ending. Most of the feels happen during the comic and the rest of the comic had Deadpool reacting to whatever happened. We get to see his thought process and get a weird alloy of insane, humorous commentary and real, dark moments that flow into one another because his brain doesn't work exactly the same as a normal one.

Besides Deadpool gets kicked enough in the comics. The writers seem to enjoy seeing just how dark they can get and how far they can push before they have to pull back. Its like some kind of weird freaky japanese snuff club.
>>
>>79852106
That is what Deadpool is though, he is a nice guy with a good heart. He just takes random jobs that sometimes mean people die. You can be nice and care while also being bloodthirsty, savage, and enjoy killing people.

Hell Dr. Doom cares about his people and the world. He freakin breaks his second in command's neck for failing to keep Latveria safe, but then takes random children from the town on tours of the country to help them grow with a greater understanding of all that Doom does for them.
>>
>>79852942
but if you read what you originally responded to you would know I disagree after reading comics that back up my claims. He is a mean spirited psychopath who desperately wants to improve. Thats the point. He wants to be good but cant, and that only works when he isn't to begin with. I dont see how you can read the same comics I did and say what you're saying when it's just factually untrue.
>>
I've never read Deadpool, all I know is Waypool is shit. I enjoyed the movie while acknowledging I'm not savvy on the character, enjoying it for just what it was. But I'd like to read some now. What's a good run to start with? Any recommendations after that?
>>
>>79853470
Joe Kelly omnibus
>>
>>79848832
This is an unrelated question but did deadpool really blow up the world one time?
>>
>>79853470
Joe Kelly's run, then Cable and Deadpool. Apparently the Posehn run is good too but I haven't read it.
>>
>>79848939
Are you me? I felt like they deleted that scene or something.
>>
>>79850954

everyone knows that relationship isnt stable theyve already written an end to it

of all his women, succubus queen is the worst.
>>
>>79848832
You know why

but I concur
>>
>>79853798
I'm really sad they break up.
>>
>>79849078
>Disney owns Death.

Well shit, guess I'm immortal.
>>
>>79852995

I think you're confused and I'm not the other guy. This movie is a riff on Kellypool which predates the modern run by decades.

They wrote the story more tightly closed because they weren't sure how the movie is going to perform but now that it already made its money back in one day, they'll take a different approach with the sequel, but it isn't anywhere near Poshen/Dugg stuff that tends to end on a negative note.

Deadpool does have tragedy but it is very different from modern tragedy and miasma to what was going on when he originally started out being a stalker to siryn and being raped and all the other messed up shit like T-Ray/His wife etc.

The events are tragic and dark but tonally completely different from modern stuff like what was happening when he went split personalities and became buddhistpool and was taking care of evan and his daughter.
>>
>>79853885

I'm not, if I have to read him being in a relationship, at least I want him to get something out of it, even if he fucks up. Or the woman dies or whatever. I knew nothing would come of shiklah

siryn was a forbidden infatuation/romance, all his other women have some tinge that got something out of the story.
>>
>>79854016
I dont really care what the reasoning is, im just criticizing what's there.
>>
>>79848941
She's not famous enough to worry about that.
>>
>>79853928
Nah. It's just when you die, Disney sues your estate for copyright infringement.
>>
>>79852106
>>79852995
He does have a history of hating people being experimented on.
>>
>>79854080
I thought they suited each other.
>>
>>79851158
This was honestly my feeling about it. I loved the Bob moment, which was a nice little thing, and for me it was all it needed to be.
>>
>>79852995
Where do you go with him in the sequel? He has a beautiful girl that accepts him for all his flaws. Such an an-deadpool situation.
>>
>>79856713
You obviously kill her off.
>>
File: homer palm.png (251KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
homer palm.png
251KB, 512x384px
>you will never have a relationship like Wade and Vanessa's
>>
>the shot when Deadpool showing his Adventure Time watch
>>
>>79848854
Doesn't he get lucky with typhoid mary, and crazy inez?
>>
>>79856891
>you realize a huge percentage of the people who saw the Deadpool movie were under 25 and have been around less than DP has
>>
>>79848832
Deadpool got a happy ending in Cable & Deadpool he wins from time to time, read some goddamn comics you pleb.
>>
>>79857418
Deadpool gets a lot of hot chicks considering he looks like a burn victim with cancer.
>>
>>79853623
The Gail Simone run is great too, but you can skip Agent X for the most part.
>>
>>79856891
Man, that would rock to have.
>>
>>79857733

The ending before Secret Wars was a happy ending too.
>>
>>79858803
right when he got a semblance of happiness him and everyone he cared about died in a horrific inferno
>>
>>79857805
most of them leave the mask mostly on. Meanwhile his dick is ribbed for their pleasure
>>
my only two problems with the movie was why did it feel like the bad guys only had a handful of bad guys at the end and where the fuck where they even fighting?
>>
>>79848860
Back to /tv/
>>
shes literally 'copy cat' from the comics who will not give dead pool a good relationship in any sense
>>
>>79858814

At least it was instantaneous, and most importantly it was not his fault.

That counts as a win for Wade. Get to die, painlessly, next to the people you love, and it not having been because of you, but just an unstoppable editorial decision.
>>
>>79853928
>Now you have to buy annual life passes.
>>
>>79848991
Bob was
>>
>>79848860
Wasn't Copycat in X-Force at one point? Ican see her getting her powers in the sequel and then moving on to the X-Force movie. I liked her in the movie, wuld be a shame to kill her off just for the tragedy factor.
>>
>>79848832
You're thinking of spider man, chum.
>>
>>79863702
Same thing.
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.