[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does Marvel not know how to write for Deadpool? Let me explain,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 9

File: image.jpg (70KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70KB, 600x400px
Does Marvel not know how to write for Deadpool?

Let me explain, I hate the character of Deadpool. He's become extremely annoying over the last 10 years or so. That being said, I love my mutants so I went to see the movie not expecting much and when it was over I really enjoyed it. I would go as far to say I'm a huge fan of Foxverse Deadpool. In the comics Deadpool's humor always comes across as trying to hard or just trying to be LOLRANDOM but in the movie his humor was great. I'd best explain Foxverse Deadpool's humor as a friend of yours who says something funny as hell at the right time once, then again, then again etc etc.

So, again why can't Marvel write Deadpool humor? In the movie he was written as someone who you know in real life that funny all the time, in the comics he's written as someone who tries way too hard to be funny and has to always use awful references.
>>
>>79827597
Without using Google, can you name any Deadpool writers other than Daniel Way
>>
Because you're reading the wrong comics.
>>
File: 1454778765554.gif (2MB, 333x251px) Image search: [Google]
1454778765554.gif
2MB, 333x251px
>>79827597
Have you ever read Poseihn Deadpool? You might be surprised.

>mfw North Korea
>>
>>79827659
Duggan
>>
>In the comics he's written as someone who tries way too hard to be funny and has to always use awful references.

i think that's the point. Deadpool is supposed to be a shitlord and in the comics they've continued to write him as such. He's trying extremely hard for people to like him, so he's imitating the person who's known for quips (Spidey) but doing a poor job of it.

Movieverse Deadpool is probably different, but without seeing the movie i can't say how.
>>
>>79827692
Then read it. His run gets darker than the movie.
>>
>>79827692
Figures.
>>
I agree with OP 100%. Movie version was great. That being said I never cared or followed Deadpool in 616. But after Marvel starting putting him in every fucking comic variant cover talking about memes and stupid shit I found him very annoying.

I'm still holding out hope the CHECK MUH Deadpool cover is a fake.
>>
>>79827862
Variants have nothing to do with his comic.
Last time they made them was when GBU was happening.
>>
>>79827702
I think it also had a hell of a lot to do with Reynold's delivery. His timing, inflection, facial expressions, etc. sold the humor in a way that might not have worked otherwise. If you were to read the script with storyboards as visual aids many of the jokes would have fallen flat. Even the scenes where the humor was cringey or stale, Reynolds made the most of it and I didn't get kicked out of my fridge logic once while watching. 7/10 comic flick. Would recommend.
>>
>>79828079
The scenes with him and Al's actress were pure gold.
>>
>>79827597
Movie Deadpool is just a shadow of Kelly Deadpool or Duggan Deadpool( both have been storytimed recently and should be still in the archive). Read comics instead of wasting a thread with your wrong opinions
>>
>>79828122
Then why does everyone on the internet say Way Deadpool is the best?
>>
>>79828689
Because they're stupid.
>>
>>79828689
They have shit taste? Do you also trust the opinion of people that like Bendis Starlord?

On OP's topic, think about the fact that comics tend to have a lot less input on their scripts from multiple people where as movies have very many.
>>
>>79827597
have you read the recent stuff?
>>
>>79830139
Or the old stuff. Cable & Deadpool is my favorite run, and the movie was clearly taking most of its queues from Kelly's run. Simone's run is also pretty good, but the whole Agent X character switch is a bit odd. Still got dat based Udon Taskie though.
>>
>>79827597
The humor in this movie was LOLRANDOM also.
>>
The current Spider-Man and Deadpool run is written very very well, Deadpool has been great and issue 2 ended on a slightly disturbing note. You should read it OP before making long winded posts like this. It's also written by the best Deadpool writer, but I'm sure you've never herd of em before.
>>
File: 1417187598288.jpg (15KB, 185x268px) Image search: [Google]
1417187598288.jpg
15KB, 185x268px
>>79830269

>Mfw the sequel is Cable & Deadpool.
>>
>>79828689

I've bought every issue of every "main" Deadpool book since the original mini-series (not a lot of the oddball minis and whanot, which aside from "The Merc With a Mouth" have typically had pretty weak characterization), and I'll tell you: By the end of Way's run, it was a chore to get through them. I kept kicking myself for continuing to buy them knowing I was supporting one of the most tedious Deadpool runs of all time, but brand loyalty compelled me. I'm just glad that once Posehn/Duggan started, my patience paid off. One of the best runs of all time following one of the worst.
>>
>average Deadpool fan
>>
File: deadpool spidey.jpg (260KB, 865x700px) Image search: [Google]
deadpool spidey.jpg
260KB, 865x700px
I think that you need that reminder sometimes that his humor is self defense mechanism to cope with reality that he's in a world of shit and that no one likes him not even xmen.
>>
>>79831225
>Spidey teamed container
>>
>>79831225
>no one likes him

Well he should probably stop killing everything and making terrible jokes and then maybe people will like him

He goes out of his way to be as edgy as possible, and you are saying he does this because people don't like him, but I think it's obviously the other way around
>>
>>79831225
>that Spidey water jug
>>
>>79827597
You don't like Deadpool, you like Ryan Reynolds you fucking faggot
>>
>>79827597
youve read the wrong deadpool

read kelly's, simone's and nicenzas' deadpool
>>
>>79827597
You know, Marvel comics aren't all written by the same guy. Deadpool has been written by probably hundreds of people. They're not all going to have the same sense of humour. Or writing ability.
All characters tend to be inconsistent when they're written by hundreds of different people. This is true of all the company owned characters.
Really, comparing how a character is written in one film to how they are written in all the comics they have ever been in over decades of publication is a pretty nonsensical thing to do.
>>
>I just watched the Deadpool movie and I want to know why Daniel Way's run sucked.
>>
>>79832069
daniel way is a hack and probably some Disney exec's son
>>
>>79832109
I didn't mean Way's run was good, but I wanted to point out how fucking retarded OP is.
>>
There is good Deadpool out there, genuinely well written stuff, usually the older stuff.

It all depends on who Marvel is writing the comics for. When they decide he's a cartoon character for kiddies, Deadpool is total shit.
>>
File: 1386260584754.gif (2MB, 300x266px) Image search: [Google]
1386260584754.gif
2MB, 300x266px
>went to see this movie last night
>Rated R, they had like 8 different huge signs saying the movie is Rated R.
>Deadpool cut outs, where ya buy the ticket, on the way towards the movie in the hallway Rated R
>crowded as fuck, ya see alot of teens and LOL SO RANDUM crowds with fedoras and deadpool merchandise, hats, beanies, its like hot topic threw up all its edgelords into this theather
>sit next to a couple, they have 2 kids, boys they looked no older than 8 and 10.
>watch the face of the parents in horror mid way through the movie as they realize this isnt a kid friendly movie, EVEN THOUGH THERE WERE A BUNCH OF SIGNS SAYING RATED R!

mfw
>>
File: 1452225295481.gif (2MB, 580x433px) Image search: [Google]
1452225295481.gif
2MB, 580x433px
>>79832579
>>went to see this movie
>>
>I hate the character of Deadpool
then you have no right to judge how Deadpool is written cause he doesn't appeal to you
>>
File: costanza.gif (885KB, 500x418px) Image search: [Google]
costanza.gif
885KB, 500x418px
>now that the movie is successful shitposters are going to activate their contingency plan of just shitting on comic book Deadpool instead so they can get theri "marvel sucks" fill
>>
>>79827597
Fuck off you gigantic goddamn casual you obviously havent read Deadpool, possibly ever, but at least in 4+ years.
He's not even a mutant
Just fuck off.
>>
File: 1372203000619.png (84KB, 190x270px) Image search: [Google]
1372203000619.png
84KB, 190x270px
So, I am generally really fond of Wade when in the hands of a competent writer. Kelly's run is one of my favorite comic runs of all time and Poshen and Duggan have done a pretty a good job of trying to resuscitate Wade after Way murdered him.

I have avoided all information about this movie as I assumed it was going to be Waypool-tier trash. Now it seems like /co/ is pretty positive toward it.

I knew the movie would do well either way because lolsorandom Waypool is incredibly popular with casuals, so I am not the least bit surprised about the high ratings.

But please tell me, /co/, is this actually a decent movie in the vein of better Deadpool writing or is is Waypool level shit?
>>
>>79833002

>But please tell me, /co/, is this actually a decent movie in the vein of better Deadpool writing

Yes.
>>
>>79833002
If you liked Kelly's run then you'll like the movie, trust me. Blind Al, Weasel, Ajax, this shit is Kelly as fuck.

And the after credits scene teases that the sequel is going to be based on Cable & Deadpool
>>
>>79831153
>Kira Knightley as Domino
>>
>>79831352
>He goes out of his way to be as edgy as possible

It's easier to keep everyone at distance because you don't risk getting hurt that way. Truth is Deadpool just want to be a super hero but he will never be one.
>>
>>79832794

he was even worse in comic books

You really think all this hate came from a movie?
>>
>>79828689
People on the internet also think Civil War is one of the best events ever.
>>
>>79827597
It's not Marvel, it's literally just Daniel Way and any writer that tries to mimic him.
Modern Deadpool's been the best he's been in a while with stuff like >>79827681 and if I recall the last thing Way's putrid hands touched was the DP video game.
>>
The movie was written by the Zombieland guys which was a good combination of funny, witty, dramatic, and fourth wall breaking. I'd say they got the perfect crew for Deadpool.
>>
>>79833002
there's about two bits taken from Waypool.

both were done better than Way ever did
>>
>>79835333
C'mon man.
The one bit was almost bit for bit out of his Deadpool vs Bullseye thing, which is up there among his best along with Secret Invasion.
I'll admit I haven't read much of his latter half but I really think /co/ is being too harsh on Way.
>>
>>79827597
what make you the faggot expert of Deadpool
>>
>>79832579
That gif brought back some memories
>>
>>79836393
>but I really think /co/ is being too harsh on Way.

I personally think they aren't being harsh enough

It's one thing to write a character badly, that happens. But it's quite another to write a character so badly that it completely dominates the public perception of a character for years and it's taken a herculean effort of actual good writers to fix it.
>>
>>79833002
it is a good movie

I would say the main plot is about the difficulty of remaining in a romantic relatioship after one of the 2 members of the couple has been horribly desfigured, which isnt a plot I remember seeing in movies before.
Around that there is action and revenge and humor.
But it is a pretty good movie.
>>
Anyone else got an Ennis-vibe in some parts of the movie? Like Weasel's bar reminded me of Noonan's, the scene of that one henchman cartoonishly "splatting" into the highway sign was like something straight out of Hitman or The Boys.
>>
>>79828689
they don't. some on the internet will say Waypool is best and whenever they do they immediately get told it isn't but you must just ignore those opinions
>>
>>79832579
When I saw Watchmen half the theater was families with kids a lot of them in the 6-10 year old range. I'd bitch about it but i remember my parents letting me watch Conan the Barbarian when I was that age and I was fine.
>>
>>79836393
The problem is that the series never got serious and in fact only got dumber and dumber and even more lulrandumb as it went on. I enjoyed the first couple of arcs with the understanding that the story would get more involved as the series went on. But it just didn't.
>>
>>79837433
>and I was fine
Well you're here now, so I'm not so sure.
>>
>>79833002
I honestly think it's one of the best superhero movies in recent memory. My only real gripe with it is that it's fairly short (about an hour and a half or so), which makes the pacing pretty fast. Other than that, I thoroughly enjoyed it, and I went in thinking it was going to be more Waypool shit.
>>
>>79836557
>But it's quite another to write a character so badly that it completely dominates the public perception
That would be bad if it wasn't for the fact that people LOVE him for it.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.