[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did #DCYou fail? What should be done different with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 5

Why did #DCYou fail? What should be done different with the upcoming Rebirth?
>>
Needed more tits.
>>
Too much focus on diversity at the expense of quality.
>>
>>79717584
We're talking about DCYou, not ANAD. Confusing, I know.
>>
Actual marketing.
>>
>>79717446
Did you buy the books? No you didn't.
>>
>>79717446
It should've been DC4U
>>
What the fuck is DC you?
>>
>>79717705
Are you actually retarded or just pretending to be?
>>
>>79717446

It failed for the same reason ANAD Marvel failed. It's a relaunch that doesn't have any clear focus or stated goal. It's just there to push out a bunch of new #1's to steal market shares. Some are good, most suck.
>>
because the majority of the actual buyers wont touch anything besides the core and canon books (like Batman, Superman, WW, GL, Flash and JL).
>>
>>79717790
>ANAD Marvel failed
lmao
>>
>>79717744
>>79717732
Are you this new or just butthurt?
>>
>>79717763
you know shit like Prez, Midnighther and omega man are well received by critics right ?
>>
>>79717808

Almost every title is now selling worse at issue 3 than they did at issue 10 before the relaunch. That's failing.
>>
>>79717808
Have you missed the posts about how no one is buying shit from Marvel ? only star wars sells
>>
>>79717446
A really shitty job at marketing, really.
>>79717705
Advertising on /co/ gets people to read your book, but it doesn't mean any of them will pay for it.
>>
>>79717832
>critically
>not financially
lmao
>>
>>79717932
>sales = quality
>always uses the same pics
Some Marvel shill really wants to be spotted?
>>
>>79717446
is rebirth still happening?

seems like they're not talking about it anymore.
>>
>>79717932
Dude, what the fuck is your point ? Yeah they are because Star wars is a big seller but the normal stuff is not well, Iron man had one hell of drop, the only stuff on the top 10 are numbers ones and shit like fucking spiderman is not selling well
>>
>>79717932
The highest Non-#1/Non Star Wars Marvel book for January was Spider-man at 76k. It just keeps dropping from there with books selling even worse than they were before the relaunch into there normal cancellation numbers. Marvel is being held up by Star Wars which are all breaking over 100k. Go look for yourself, http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2016/2016-01.html
>>
>>79718006
Company wars, anon.
>>
>>79718076
>>Spider-man at 76k
What the actual fuck, this shit was suppose to be tied to Batman
>>
>>79718076
>>79718006
>>79717986
If the entire industry shifts downward, and Marvel is still at the top of it, the guy's still right.
>>
>>79718132
>I'm not samefagging, I swear it!
>>
File: 1422248211651.png (421KB, 412x429px) Image search: [Google]
1422248211651.png
421KB, 412x429px
>but they have the household names!!!
>>
>>79718132
That's not how it works you faggot. For all intents and purposes, ANAD is failing because sales are even worse than they were before after just 2-3 months.
>>
>>79717446
the people making funny faces make me lol xDD
>>
>>79718132
Okay sure, but its not because they are doing a great job with their main universe, its because Star wars is the hottest shit right now
>>
>>79718208
>Backpedaling this hard

You're a special kind of retard aren't you?
>>
>>79718208
>>>ANAD is failing because its selling more than DCYou

No one is comparing the two right now you fag, we are just saying that ANAD was not the boost of sales that marvel wanted, it fucked a lot of established tittles and now they are doing worse than before, and tittles that are suppose to be hot shit like iron man are not doing that well
>>
>>79717705
yeah, /co/ is a big place to market, i bet DC got all 17 of its regulars to sub
>>
>>79717705
SHILL SHILL SHILLS EVERYWHERE WHY CANT YOU GUYS SEE IT? OP IS A SHILL I KNOW HE IS IM 2 SMART FOR HIS SHILL TRICKS SHILL SHILL SHILL

Image boards are cancer because of shit like this, message boards are superior for proper discussion.
>>
>>79718279
Alright, I'll lay this out for you. Just because DCYou didn't go up to par doesn't excuse ANAD from being shit either. It is failing in every sense of the word because the fact that they even did it in the first place is causing almost every book to be below what they were before the relaunch. Now throw a silly reaction image, some greentext and ignore this completely because you're wrong.
>>
>>79717995
They only posted the teasers a couple weeks ago, they haven't actually announced anything yet
>>
>>79718362
>taking the bait this hard
>>
>>79718388
I assume they will before the end of the month, because solicits for June come in March
>>
>>79718388
to be fair, we are seeing people going away, like the guy that did Flash, so my bet is that we are getting something soon
>>
>>79718283
At least DC pays them.
>>
File: Ban, I support it.gif (2KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
Ban, I support it.gif
2KB, 180x180px
>>79718426
>using Chrome
>>
>>79718471
>get banned for baiting
>WOW, WHAT THE FUCK MODS

I wasn't even aware we had any but they need to do this more often
>>
>>79717446
They let their A-Listers rot while they focused on high quality titles they knew wouldn't sell. It was a bold strategy, but they couldn't afford to just ignore titles like Flash and Wonder Woman and Green Lantern in terms of quality control. They need those titles to keep the lights on while they keep experimenting.
>>
>>79718506
>baiting
so DCYou didn't fail financially?
>>
>>79718471
Boo fucking hoo.
>>
>>79718455
But everything is chrome in the future.
>>
>>79718542
>what are digital sales?
>what are trades?
Seriously, we already had some thread this week about it. Lurk more before you get banned again.
>>
>>79718516
>Wonder Woman
Yeah man sorry to say but WW will always have a problem, people hated Azzarello run because it was not "muh wondy" and for some reason they hate this too for the same reason, i do agree that Flash needed a better creative team
>>
>>79718542
Of course it didn't do well, but posting clear bait like "DCShills" is going to get you banned for console war bullshit. But you already know this and I'm just taking the bait.
>>
>>79717446
What is that Robin figure that whatsherface is holding?
>>
>>79718749
Ame comi statute
>>
>>79718773
Ah. That's why it looked so girly. For a second there I thought my immunity to the Dick had worn off.
>>
>>79717805
>canon books

There's no such thing. Canonicity is a golden calf DC should have abandoned long ago.
>>
DC has not done a good long term job inspiring confidence in their line.

New52 was a ramshackle production and nothing has really changed since then, and it is easy to see why since all the management is the same.

It is a Sports Team where you may like a couple of the players but the GM and some of the Coaches don't get it and now no one is on board.
>>
File: 00001007.jpg (70KB, 230x242px) Image search: [Google]
00001007.jpg
70KB, 230x242px
>/co/, a board that regularly pirates comic books, is upset that comic books don't sell very well.
>>
>>79718890
good sales mean a comic keeps on going anon
with the opposite meaning it could die halfway into it's run like so many before it
>>
>>79718936
You're missing his point. He's saying /co/ collectively contributes to comics not selling well due to the nature of us just grabbing stuff off of win-o threads. That said I don't agree with the mentality that /co/ or 4chan as a whole would be indicative of the majority of any given market.
>>
>>79718890
>>79719029
>pirates
>not buying the books they read and liked
Casuals.
>>
>>79718168
Actually not, just pointing out that both of you can be right at the same time

>>79718180
If sales for everything are proportionally lower, then it doesn't matter. As in, if ANAD dropped by say 10% but also DC dropped by 10% then it is still at the same level in comparison to the industry. It's not necessarily a failure if the entire industry slumps.

>>79718225
Oh, I totally agree. And to be clear, I think ANAD is shit story wise and everything else. I'm just saying the whole industry is fucked, that doesn't mean one company doing poorly doesn't mean the others aren't as well. They're all garbage right now, basically.
>>
Unfortunately their marketing was too timid, they need to go the marvel route and desperately sell itself like a whore on the street. If it's got a writer/artist that's not a white old male: shill the fuck out of it on the View and get them to call it revolutionary even if it's not. Got a character that's female and of a certain race: Proclaim it the first female [insert race here] superhero even if it's a blatant lie.

I hate this tactic, but unfortunately it's the only thing that causes slack jawed morons who clamor for different things to notice your different books, which is pretty damn embarrassingly hypocritical for them since it just shows them for the sheeple they are. God I want to strangle every single person that's like that. Fucking hate them.
>>
>>79719029
We're arguably one of the few places that still speaks positively of DC. I've gotten a few people interested in DC books recently.
>>
>>79719117
>DC should be retarded like Marvel
Nah.
>>
>>79719143
Their marketing, I pray to god their books never reach marvel's low. But maybe it is better for them to die beautiful than to become a monstrosity that leaks septic juices everywhere with only an incredibly small handful of decent books every relaunch like Marvel.
>>
>>79719117
>Got a character that's female and of a certain race: Proclaim it the first female [insert race here] superhero even if it's a blatant lie.

Pretty sure Silk isn't the best selling comic on Marvel, even if it did try that marketing ploy. It's a shame though, they actually catered to my fetish just recently.
>>
>>79719143
The ideas are stupid, but they sell books.
>>
>>79719414
>sales > quality
I told you, retarded.
>>
>>79719414
No they don't. ANAD is flopping.
>>
>>79719485
That was caused by yearly relaunches. It scared away any new crowd they managed to catch.
>>
>>79719192
>with only an incredibly small handful of decent book every relaunch

You pretty much described DC there, friend.
>>
>>79719893
>ban evading for the third time
Tsk tsk.
>>
>>79718388
Seems like they announced the teaser in order to address shitty sales. Hate it when they pull this shit and remain mute for more than a week.
>>
>>79719959

7 proxies, homeslice
>>
>>79717446
>Why did #DCYou fail?

I honestly wasn't even aware it was a thing. My cynicism level has reached a point where I just automatically filter out all marketing pushes.

What was it even? Some futile diversity push? I bet they didn't even have the most downtrodden of minorities: the neckbeard.
>>
>>79720247
>the neckbeard.
>What is ASS8
>>
The trades are only starting to come out now so I haven't gotten to read any of it yet that's where it failed
>>
The comic readers who want variety and new ideas go to Image.

The comic readers who want interconnected capeshit go to Marvel.

DC is stuck in the middle, so nobody cares.
>>
>>79721889
>Image
>variety and new ideas
They're just a Marvel ripoff, anon.
>DC is stuck in the middle
So DC has interconnected capeshit as well as variety and new ideas? Nice.
>>
>>79717446
Timing probably played a big factor in it. They decided to publish a bunch of new books at around the the same time Marvel was doing a major event, so they were at a disadvantage out the gate. Anyone who was buying Secret Wars and its tie-ins had that much less money to spend on picking up one of the DCYou titles, and getting people on board during the first few issues is important.

A general lack of marketing probably didn't help either. That and Marvel has been dominating sales with stuff like the alternate cover gimmicks and constant renumbers. Their ability to cause drama and whore themselves out in less-than-savory manners are ultimately part of the reason their comics sell better. DC just kept it on the down low and it ended up horribly for them financially.

DCYou had a bunch of quality comics, but the sad thing is, you can't expect to sell something on quality alone.
>>
>>79722420
Nice pasta, bro. But it comes a bit too late.
>>
>>79722461
Someone saying it before doesn't make it wrong.
>>
>>79722733
It does, it sounds like the same old anti-DC memes.
>sales = quality
>muh The View
>MAHVEL REIGNS SUPREME
>>
>>79722906
Do you actually read posts anymore or do you just search for what you consider buzzwords
>>
>>79717837
>>79717808

I don't think it's fair to use the past tense yet for another month or two, but ANAD Marvel is definitely in the process of failing.
>>
>>79723069
>buzzwords
Like the ones DC haters use?
>>
>>79717584

I think you missed the Marvel thread.
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.