[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Deadpool

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (101KB, 640x647px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101KB, 640x647px
Granted the movie isn't even out yet, but it still has a pretty good rating. What are the expectations from people who aren't going to nitpick it? Will it be as great a the marketing?
>>
I expect nothing from it, since I'm not Deadpoolfag. If I like it, I'll like it. If I don't like it, I'll shitpost.
>>
>>79707232
I love a superhero who isn't afraid to use guns
>>
>>79707236
I feel if the story is being drowned out by all the dick jokes, I may not enjoy it as much. Yeah it will be funny, but pointless. I think if it sucks, they should just keep deadpool as the comic relief character in the big team up films... Maybe X-Force perhaps?
>>
>>79707279
I wouldn't mind X-Force being separate movie and then we get some future X-Force vs Deadpool or something.
But yeah, I agree about dick jokes. Remember topographic map of Utah?
>>
Biggest problem is not getting Nolan North to play Deadpool.
>>
don't want to be a sour grape or anything, but does rotten tomato and other rating websites even consider reliable today? I meant, some reviewers are just some clueless outsiders or downright bias reviewers.
>>
>>79707331
Nope. Just watch it if you wish, and decide for yourself.
>>
File: no.png (482KB, 602x726px) Image search: [Google]
no.png
482KB, 602x726px
>>79707232
>Deadpool
>>
>>79707232
I'm expecting the same as Guardians of the Galaxy. Great reviews for a bland movie that gets a pass for being a comic movie that does something mildly different. The humor will be bottom denominator pandering.
>>
>>79707331
Their rating of fantastic four was extremely accurate, although I do feel they have done some shitty ratings for movies.
>>
>>79707345
okay then, thanks. I still remember one reviewer on metacritic give Jurassic World a fat zero just because she thought the plot is "stupid". Then? What about all the other sugarcoating romances treacheries? Those movies are extremely formulaic and overrated.
>>
>>79707362
Guardians was great. It was a fun as fuck scifi flick. Don't try to pass off your opinions as facts.
>>
>>79707232
It'll be the quippiest quipfest of them all. Marvel's dead in the water as soon as BvS is out. Whedonfags BTFO.
>>
>>79707362
that movie was underrated.
>>
It's pretty good. Just watched it few hours ago.
Be prepared for lots of quips though.
>>
>>79707379
CW is gonna be the better fIlm.
>>
>>79707398
Witty humor is the best kind of humor so that sounds amazing.
>>
This is how I imagine it.

224. XMA
5. BvS
4. Deadpool
3. Civil War
2. Suicide Squad
1. Doctor Strange

I think you could also switch SS with CW, but I think it's pretty accurate.
>>
>>79707331
it's a good thing to consider, but not the end all be all of movie grading
>>
>>79707236
Let's be honest - you're going to shitpost regardless of your opinion about the movie.
>>
>>79707629
Not the same guy, but I only shitpost when faggots try to act like a shitty movie is good (MoS). other than that I never actually go out of my way to criticise a film even if it's horrible.
>>
>>79707362

I agree with you anon
>>
>>79707232

My primary motivation to watching the movie is for gaining new content to shitpost on /co/
>>
>>79707575

>BvS worse than Deadpool

What are you on and is it legal?
>>
>>79707659
Not the same guy either but I go where the dank memes are, regardless of how I feel about the movie in question.

I don't think it's going to be good shitposting material even if it's terrible because it's trying to be funny. The dankest memes come from movies that tried to be serious like TDKR and MoS
>>
>>79707745
We're all on Zack Snyder.

The only reason it will have a fresh rating is because of Affleck and Terio on damage control.
>>
>>79707775
>>The only reason it will have a fresh rating is because of Affleck and Terio on damage control

Which is why it will be slightly better than memepool
>>
>>79707431
CW looks bland as shit
>>
>>79707745
Other than seeing GOAT Batman, that movie is gonna be mediocre film

>robotic murderous Supes from previous crappy film
>vanilla anorexic wonderwoman
>riddler esque beta Lex Luther
>throw away Doomsday villain which should of been saved for a solo Superman that doesn't fucking suck

of course Deadpool is going to be better.
>>
>>79707792
>implying CW is going to show everthing good in the trailers like dumbasses. You kids were spoiled by those BvS trailers.
>>
>>79707775
>not realizing this is the perfect combination as all snyder has to worry about is making it look pretty while everyone else handles everything else
>>
>>79707826
>Saving Doomsday like he's some great villain
fuck that, doomsday is shit. Glad they're getting him out of the way so people won' be screaming for him later
>>
>>79707232
hype is real
>>
>>79707964
I really want it to be good.
>>
>>79707857
>>79707790
The thing is that Snyder and Goyer had a head start on cocking this shit up.

Even Iben Ben Aflik and his harem of good writers can't polish a turd.

I remain skeptical.
But if he pulls it off, I'll freely convert to islam and gift him one of my daughters.
>>
>>79708075
Can I have a daughter?
>>
>>79708083
Make a good Green Lantern movie.
Then we'll talk.
>>
Does Wolverine make a cameo in it?
>>
>>79707232
The marketing is shit though. It's just memefaggotry.
>>
>>79708138
you know damn well he doesn't. Also, why would you even want to know? Why not just be pleasantly surprised.
>>
>>79708151
stop baiting.
>>
>>79708160
Cause i don't wanna see this shit for any reason other than the fact that it might play into the movie X-Men lore
>>
>>79707232
Reddit's gonna love this one
>>
>>79708192
It's in the same universe I believe even though I don't fucking know what's canon in the X-Men universe anymore. They make that shit hard to understand.
>>
File: 1428652835520.gif (2MB, 498x373px) Image search: [Google]
1428652835520.gif
2MB, 498x373px
>>79707232

Looks like my 2016 prediction is coming true.

QUALITY

1. Civil War
2. Doctor Strange
3. Suicide Squad
4. Deadpool
5.. X-man
6. BvS

BOX-OFFICE

1. Civil War
2. BvS
3. Doctor Strange
4. X-man
5. Suicide Squad
6. Deadpool
>>
>>79708109

Your daughter would get too old by then
>>
In order of hype level

>Civil War
>BvS
>Suicide Squad
>Deadpool
>Doctor Strange
>X-Men

To be honest though, I'm only really excited for the first two.
>>
>>79708239
Its respecting the source material that way
>>
it's already out in SEAsia countries
and i loved it
it's was better than i expected and reynolds played deadpool perfectly
thank god memepool was kept to minimum, most the jokes are pretty good
>>
>>79707826
>riddler esque beta Lex Luther
Damn, facebook dude really would be a good Riddler
>>
>>79709430
my country's getting it in two days

and I'm honestly holding out until next week. The trailers aren't really pulling me in.
>>
>>79707232
It's dropping pretty fast from what was a high start on 30 reviews, on 83% now on just 18 additional reviews.

Fantfourstic all over again.

>but muh marketing campaign

Yeah, go watch your marketing campaign for two hours instead. You'll enjoy it more.
>>
I work at a cinema and saw it today in our staff preview. It's a truly amazing film and Deadpool has been done justice.
However, there's not enough Deadpool bits in it. It's hard to explain. It's a very refreshing movie to watch though.
8/10
>>
The movie reminds me of The Mask with more crude humor.
He should have quiped "Smokin" in one of the sences.
>>
File: 1452900869153.png (1MB, 997x1218px) Image search: [Google]
1452900869153.png
1MB, 997x1218px
This is the rating I expected for it. Witty, well-executed lowbrow entertainment usually scores in the 70s and 80s, and that's what I think this movie is going for.
>>
>>79707388
It was pretty good but it ain't fucking underrated
>>
I've watched a few reviews and the opinions concern me. Mostly because I know the reviewers have never read a deadpool comic, yet they insist the movie stays true to the comic incarnation. It's actually a pretty common beef I have with reviewers as a whole, but the popular image of deadpool is so far removed from his best comics that this movie could really end up disappointing me.

The problem is that you have to feel for Wade. You need to really feel how soul crushing and awful his life truly is. It's not the dick jokes. It's how those jokes juxtapose against a man sobbing while he desperately digs through a pile of corpses looking for his daughter while blaming himself
>>
This movie is like SJW movie critic repellant. I read one critic pan the movie because characters say sexist things.
>>
>>79711586
>a man sobbing while he desperately digs through a pile of corpses looking for his daughter while blaming himself
To be fair Kelley never got that soul crushing. It was just dick jokes juxtaposed with a man being tricked into fucking one of his enemies while emotionally vulnerable or spiraling out of control after stopping the worlds chance for ultimate happiness.
>>
>>79711665
>Normiest of normie movies
>SJW repellant
>>
>>79711673
I think that's pretty crushing, honestly. Taking physical and emotional advantage of a man that broken while pretending to be one of the few people he really cares about and treats like an angel is fucked. Destroying what may be ultimate happiness without being sure you're doing the right thing is a pivotal character moment for him and it's something I think that will get lost in "lol he's so crude and self aware!"
>>
>>79711586
Yeah...no.

They're going with the definitive GOOD Deadpool.
The Kelley run from the late 90's. Everything before and after that is unsalvagable garbage that will be completely ignored because of how utterly retarded it all is.
>>
>>79707232
85 here im going to see this movie 3 times. I already know it.
>>
>>79711711

Normie movies are shit like Batman Vs Superman or Civil War. Every normie I know is jacked for those movies. Deadpool is hardly on their radar.
>>
>>79711791
Agent x was rad.
>>
>>79711837
Normies hate Superman.
>>
>>79707232
>5.8/10 average top critics rating
Damn, this thing is really getting by on the skin of its teeth
>>
>>79712016

Yeah, so they're going to see it hoping Batman kicks his ass. Superhero vs superhero is the biggest normie trope in comics and both BvS anf Civil War have it in spades.
>>
>>79707331
Rotten Tomatoes just gives you the percentage of critics who have it a positive review. In my experience, it's usually a decent indicator of whether a movie is enjoyable. Sometimes it's not. It's really up to you to decide whether you want to see it. If it helps you decide, though, wait until it's been out for a couple days and see what percent of the audience liked it.
>>
File: fight.jpg (46KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
fight.jpg
46KB, 576x1024px
>>79712016
Polls usually have Supes vs Bats at really close margins
(Not my pic by the way I just found it on reddit)
>>
>>79707331
RT is what's known as a review aggregator. Basically, what they do is they compile critical reviews from various sources, and from the overall consesus of those reviews, they derive their "freshness" rating. Deadpool's current score reflects that early reviews have been mostly positive, with the odd negative review here and there.

Metacritic is pretty much the exact same thing. All they're good for is telling you the overall opinion of critics for a given movie. So, in my opinion at least, their usefulness is extremely limited.

Now, one exception to this is Cinemascore. What these guys do is send people out to poll audience members as they're leaving the theater, and based upon the results, they assign a letter grade. Still somewhat limited, but personally, I'd rather listen to people than critics.

For instance, we've all seen the RT screencap that shows Man of Steel's 56% rating. This would indicate that critical opinion was mostly split down the middle. But if you take the time to read the actual reviews, a depressingly large number of critics panned the movie for reasons that basically amounted to "NOT MUH DONNER", rather than any actual critical analysis. Critical reviews in this day and age aren't worth too much, so any site that rates movies based on critical opinion isn't worth much either.

At the end of the day though, if you want to know if a movie is good, just watch it and see if you like it.
>>
>>79712130
RT has its place, but it needs to be balanced out with something like Cinemascore.

RT can tell you if the critics liked it, Cinemascore can tell you if audiences liked it.
>>
>>79707826
All of that is wrong, so why should anybody care what you're saying?
>>
>>79711791
>Everything before and after that is unsalvagable garbage
>Cable and Deadpool
>Agent X
>Marvel NOW! run

You're wrong and retarded
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.