[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok /co/, who is Zoom? I want to read ALL of your theories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 5

Ok /co/, who is Zoom? I want to read ALL of your theories
>>
>>79675286
Barry's dad's Earth 2 Doppleganger
Eddie
Hunter Zolomon (Jay's Earht 1 Doppleganger)

It's unlikely to be anyone else.
>>
Punished Eddie.
>>
>He comes from Earth-2 (Harry says he created him)
>His suit is inspired by/is a twisted copy specifically of E1 Flash

What could it mean, /co/?
>>
Earth 2 Wally
>>
>>79675321
OP here, I was thinking that maybe they're going with the Daniel West approach but with E2 Wally instead
>>
>>79675286
Earth 1 Flash.
>>
>>79675425
Wha? How?
>>
>>79675453
SPEEDFORCE
>>
>>79675321
>Hunter Zolomon (Jay's Earht 1 Doppleganger)
what if Jay is really zoom and his real name is zolomon and all this is been part of the plan to steal flash speed i mean we never seen Jay and zoom in the same place
>>
>>79675340
A speedster betrayed by his comrades
>>
Eddie or Hunter Zolomon of Earth-2 are the least interesting outcomes I can imagine.
>>
>>79675536
Doubtful, anon.
>>
>>79675589
>Hunter Zolomon of Earth-2
That's already been confirmed as Jay, anon. Hunter Zolomon is Jay of Earth 1
>>
>>79675590
i know at this point of the night i just saying shit, what about barry from earth 2 been a reference to the blue flash comic saga but with a more crazy than sadder version of barry
>>
>>79675663
That could be possible.
>>
>>79675286
>>79675536
>>79675613
>>79675343
>>79675343

I say it's Hunter Zolomon. He stole Jay's speed because genetically he'd identical. Maybe he got the speedforce simply by being connected to Jay? His costume looks like Flash because he's from Earth 1.
>>
>>79675286

I'm Zoom!
>>
>>79675286
Hunter ZOlOMon
>>
File: henryallenzoom.jpg (178KB, 1024x759px) Image search: [Google]
henryallenzoom.jpg
178KB, 1024x759px
>>79675286
Barry's dad who mysteriously left, or maybe it's Earth 2 Barry's dad, where he didn't go to jail and became Zoom. They've got the same body type and face shape and eye colour.
>>
Felicity
>>
He remind me a bit of Cobalt blue.
>>
>>79675840
If anyone is Cobalt Blue it's gotta be Eddie
>>
there are some cool theories on reddit that i enjoyed but dont exactly buy

https://www.reddit.com/r/FlashTV/comments/42yhno/s2e11_spoilers_what_if_we_never_actually_got_jay/

but i think writers dont know yet seeing as they just filmed episode 16? Probnably henry allen or maybe even wally

most obvious indicator of henry allen earth 2
was episode zoom btfo'd barry. Zoom made a joke about fishing with bait right after henry allen fucking did and came back from fishing trip. Is zoom holding henry captive or some shit
>>
>>79675286
I know everyone's hopped up on the Hunter Zolomon reveal, but I'm going to play it safe and say Earth-2 Wally. Wally explaining his speed fetish in the same episode that Zoom is seen doping on liquid Speedforce seems like more than a coincidental juxtaposition.
>>
>>79675791
it look more creepy this way and it could be that earth barry's mom die too and henry want to go back in time and save her and i just realized that barry have enough speedforce to go back so sorry for lose you time my friends
>>
>>79675932
or reverse flash went back in time and killed both barry and his mom thus erasing himself from existance and driving henry to pursue all speedsters because all he knows was his life was taken by speedsters and always wants to get faster because he was never fast enough in the first place
>>
>>79675931
thought about this and think its a possibility too. also could be the writers just trying to prepare commoners that wally will be a speedster and we are looking too deep
>>
>>79675975
Henry see Jay in the news as flash remember the accident and blame him goes to wells for help because wells said that he dont trust the flash, Henry volunteer to be the subject of the "new" flash experiment he got powers goes mad an decide to steal all the speedforce eart 2 barry it's alive why i just remember this thing after i wrote all this
>>
>>79675343
Did they confirm that glasses Barry is actually E2 Barry or just E1 Barry disguised as him?
>>
Eddie would require time travel on Zooms part since Zoom appeared on Earth 2 before the bridges formed.
Same with Earth 1 Zolomon.
Earth to Henry requires Earth 2 Barry to be dead.
>>
>>79675925
>Jay never was Jay
This is funny. It's something that I was going to post almost verbatim without being aware of the reddit theory myself. At this point, the only way to explain Jay being as he is is if he's not Jay Garrick, so him being Zoom makes the most sense. There's just too many "coincidences" regarding Jay and how Zoom "outsmarts" the team for him not to have an inside man; and as we've seen, the inside man we know about (Wells) has told him JACK SHIT.
>>
>>79676586
Haven't we seen them fight very publicly on Earth 2 in flashbacks?
>>
>>79676643
actually that fight was narrated by jay himself so he could be making this up
>>
>>79675565
Barry: Thawne sent us to a hell but we are going even deeper. Take back everything that we have lost.

Punished Eddie: Barry, I'm already a demon.
>>
>>79676643
No. What we saw was some imagery to go with Jay's retelling of the story. It was not a genuine flashback.
>>
>>79675286
Barry's Dad. E1 Barry's Dad is actually E2 Barry's Dad

or it's Iris
>>
Jay can't be ZOOM. How do you fake "speed cancer?" Caitlin's run the tests. He is indeed sick.
>>
>>79676867
Why do you think Zoom needs the speedforce's regenerative effects so badly? You don't just randomly decide to hunt speedsters. We were told that Zoom's motivation would be very basic and relatable. Wanting to be "the one and only" is much less so than wanting to live.
>>
How has Jay been fighting Zoom for months with no one figuring out they're the same dude?
>>
File: 4409008-3611260066-black.jpg (218KB, 900x1272px) Image search: [Google]
4409008-3611260066-black.jpg
218KB, 900x1272px
>>79676913
You do if you're Black Flash; which ZOOM obviously is; but they can't say "Black" Flash because "racism."
>>
>>79676981
No one is fast enough to actually see a speedster fight blow by blow.
>>
>>79675791
>w-why dont we just put a stuntman in the zoom-suit, the audience wont tell the difference anyway?
>no, lets fly in a more expensive actor for a few seconds of screentime and then make him unrecognizable in post-prod
>>
>>79675286
People who we know it is not for certain:
E2 Wells (you're a moron if you still think this)
E2 Barry (Grant Gustin confirmed this in interviews)
E2 Jay (don't be fucking retarded guys)
E2 Joe (he's a jazz singer of some sort)

People who it may be:
E2 Henry (this show loves "muh dad" shit)
E2 Eddie (we know Zoom was already active at the same time the singularity opened up, so it can't be E1 Eddie unless time shit is involved)
E1 Jay, aka Hunter Zolomon (the wildcard who only got introduced mid-season, but shares no real emotional connection to the team. he will more likely be part of the s3 cast as a friend who turns into an enemy)
E2 Eobard (very unlikely because it'd be a boring twist)

I think comparing up images, like the one with henry and zoom, is the wrong way to go. it's far more likely that zoom is played by a stunt double/extra right now. people were guessing tom cavanagh would be reverse flash partly because they could line up promo images of reverse flash to cavanagh and see they had the same jaw.

anyway it's hard to say who Zoom is now. Grant Gustin said a couple weeks ago that he only recently learned through talking with Greg Berlanti about it, while Tom Cavanagh also recently learned, so they're aiming for a late season reveal. probably somewhere between episode 18-20 given their shooting schedule.
>>
>>79676913
this could actually work really well
>>
>>79677028

Yeah I thought that myself. They took that design for sure. But Zoom and Thawne wore identical costumes so I'm totally fine with it.
>>
>>79676981

What if they pull a Fight Club and Jay doesn't know he's Zoom?
>>
>yfw Eddie is just dead and no shenanigans
I'll be sad if he's another Tommy.
>>
>>79675286
Zoom is the viewer, the metaphor that we as fans will always want the Flash to be suffering for our action and drama and to go ever faster made flesh through the twists of the universe.
>>
>>79675286
earth 2 "Jay Garrick"
is actually
Hunter Zoloman aka Zoom.
>>
>>79677227

ZOOM IS THE EMPTY HAND.
>>
>>79677220
That would actually be kind of cool, but I doubt it. Zoom's knowledge of Team Flash's plans hints that Zoom has inside intel, which coincides with convos with Caitlyn and himself being in the room.

Also, Jay's "friend from Atlantis" may not be Aquaman at all. Food for thought.
>>
>>79676981
>>79676913
>>79676867
maybe zoom just eats up speedforce (using reverse speedforce) despite having blue lightning or converts it? that would make sense to why he wouldnt want wells to inject the speedforce thing into him because it could fuck up his powers, why he understands the speedfroce so well (its like an organism) and why when wells injected the placebo into him his eyes lit up like he had a connection to it
>>
File: 1427847125745.jpg (303KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
1427847125745.jpg
303KB, 560x560px
>>79677227
>>79677237
>>
>>79677348

I haven't read much of Multiversity though, but since Flash has gone full balls deep in the concept already I'd like a little wink and nod.

Like those bat-eye things that show up, one should show up in the show and never really be explained.
>>
>>79677028
>but they can't say "Black" Flash because "racism."
No because that's going to be Wally.
>>
>>79676913
the thing is, we know zoom hasn't just been attacking jay. he's murdered a lot of people on E2. remember wells' story about how Zoom got his name?

furthermore, if jay was zoom then wouldn't it be smarter to just attack barry before he ever knew who he was? why go through all this set-up? zoom was fully intent on killing barry in episode 6, he only stopped because cisco shot him and after that he realized it would be smarter to have barry get faster and then take the speed after.

a villain can have a relatable motivation, one we can understand, while equally being monstrous. eobard was exactly that in season 1, where his motive was sympathetic but his means and he himself were horrific.
>>
>>79677120
No one ever thinks about gay police captain.
>inb4 police station scene
Speed Mirage.
This post is a joke, just in case
>>
>>79677436
>Why kill Barry?

Because Barry decided to force the confrontation. He needs to drain Barry, but if Barry is intent on a fight to the death, he's better off killing him. Especially if next time, Barry won't use something predictable like the lightning trick he taught him himself.

>Why would Jay kill a lot of people?

Listen to Wells's story again. Zoom killed all those people to make a reputation for himself and set himself up as 'the villain'.

Then listen to how Jay describes him. That's not language you use when you're genuinely afraid of something. That's a poetic exaggeration when telling a ghost story. You could call it "bad acting", but we saw that last season with Thawne in the forcefield:
They don't do this kind of delivery on accident. Jay was deliberately hyping up Zoom.
>>
>>79675663
This
I think Zoom is Barry from Earth 2
Ever since I found out Jay is Zolomon
>>
It's Jay, the twist is that Earth-2 was Earth-3 all along
>>
>>79677769
okay but consider this: if zoom is jay then why not just attack barry earlier than he did? jay was in central city for six months before any other breachers came into earth-1.

furthermore we saw in flashbacks that jay's lightning streak is yellow tinted like barry's. unless he can magically alter the color at will, he shouldn't be able to produce both. additionally caitlin ran tests on him when he arrived to confirm what he was telling everyone, so wouldn't she have noticed that he's lying about not having his speed? his speed cancer also shouldn't be present, since zoom clearly has enough speedforce in him to counteract any injuries.

honestly this "jay is zoom" theory seems to be coming from people dissatisfied with jay's treatment on the show. and i feel that because they really have not be utilizing jay to his potential, but making him the villain would honestly be a greater disservice. not to mention it would be a retread of season 1 to have another speedster pretend to be barry's friend and betray him.
>>
>>79675286
I dunno but I feel like it will be dissapointing for some reason.

I don't want it to be E-1 Eddie though, if Eddie does come back make him a time displaced anti-hero or a neutral type of guy.

That said I've seen Cosnett's name included in the credits for the next episode under the episode summary in various websites so maybe there's E-2 Eddie to look forward to.
>>
>>79675791
I don't want that, I want Earth 2 Barry Dad with still alive Earth 2 Barry mom still alive and happy with Earth 2 Barry and adopted brother named Malcolm Allen who is really Earth 2 Eddie but I guess that would be too much with Earth 1 Jay being adopted
>>
>>79679032
>honestly this "jay is zoom" theory seems to be coming from people dissatisfied with jay's treatment on the show

It comes from people who read comics. If you had read the Flash, you'd know that Barry has blue lightning as well. Blue isn't tied to one particular speedster. Blue lightning in the nu52 means a speedster is from the future.

Hunter Zolomon is a police profiler who gains his powers in 'the future'. We see "Jay" the first time taking pictures of Barry, following him around with a camera and investigating him. Then he shows up a while later and lies, several times, to Barry's face as well as tells an inconsistent story about how he supposedly got sucked through a portal, but later on describes the portals as something you can consciously navigate apparently from experience. Not the only time he slips up btw.
>>
>>79679048
Well Keiynan Lonsdale while talking on periscope mentioned working with Cosnett so yeah I guess at some point Eddie will come back.
>>
Prison Dad
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.