[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Write thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 27

File: write.png (514KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
write.png
514KB, 630x630px
A few questions to launch you:
>Do you want to make a comic or a cartoon?
>Can you describe your story in a single sentence?
>Have you planned a work schedule?
>How much have you written until now?
>What kind of audience are you appealing to?
>What motivates you to write?
>What are the main inspirations for your story?
>What are the main flaws in your story and how could you fix them?
>Is there a main ennemy in your story, if yes describe him/her?
>Is there a cartoon/comic/movie/book that looks like your story already?

And now a few exercices to practice:
>Write a dialogue between two characters from your story (or copy if you already wrote one)
>Write a short pitch for a new story
>What is the comic/cartoon you hate the most and HOW would you turn into something you like?
>>
Be careful, the mods have been deleting any Writethreads that get made for a few weeks now.
>>
File: Blake1.jpg (160KB, 1059x733px) Image search: [Google]
Blake1.jpg
160KB, 1059x733px
>>79648808
Now I'll post a few screenwriting graphs to help you
>>
>>79648827
>>
File: CAMPBELLS_MONOMYTH_RSOAP__006.jpg (191KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
CAMPBELLS_MONOMYTH_RSOAP__006.jpg
191KB, 1024x768px
>>79648832
>>
File: Scene1.jpg (1MB, 2550x3300px) Image search: [Google]
Scene1.jpg
1MB, 2550x3300px
>>79648844
>>
File: Scene2.jpg (1MB, 2550x3300px) Image search: [Google]
Scene2.jpg
1MB, 2550x3300px
>>79648860
It's up to you now
>>
I am amazed by the lack of answers
>>
>>79650980
They could all be writing you know.
>>
>>79648827
This is from Blake Snyder's Save The Cat, which is a great writing book if you're interested. Bit commercial/hollywood, but still well worth a read.
>>
>>79648822
Why?
>>
>>79651042
>Bit commercial/Hollywood
Heh that's what sells. Unless you want to air only in indie festivals for people in thick glasses to "hmmm" and "ermmm" at your work.
>>
>>79651307
Dunno. I've seen three of them deleted without warning though.
>>
I just wanted to stop in and tell anybody who has an idea they'd like to try out on an audience to head over to /tg/ and try making a Quest thread.

Just write a paragraph or two and give readers some options to vote on, then write the next couple paragraphs. You can find a lot of readers and engage with them quickly, especially if you're doing a Fanfic Quest.

Plus if you don't have fun, you can just quit, so its less of a commitment. Give it a try though- people are starving for /co/ related Quests!
>>
>>79651565
The problem is this works only if the genre is fantasy or fanfic
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-01-29-03-29-31.png (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-01-29-03-29-31.png
1MB, 1080x1920px
>>Do you want to make a comic or a cartoon?
Comic
>>Can you describe your story in a single sentence?
Corruption then redemption followed by the forming of a new team
>>Have you planned a work schedule?
Nope
>>How much have you written until now?
I have the whole rough draft of diolouge finished
>>What kind of audience are you appealing to?
Comic readers
>>What motivates you to write?
Boredom mostly
>>What are the main inspirations for your story?
What If threads herr and conversations I have with my friends
>>What are the main flaws in your story and how could you fix them?
Spelling and Grammar, it was written sloppy so that I can come back around and fix it
>>Is there a main ennemy in your story, if yes describe him/her?
Mephestio, the devil and the ruler of the infernal realm Hell
>>Is there a cartoon/comic/movie/book that looks like your story already?
Spawn and Venom

>>Write a dialogue between two characters from your story (or copy if you already wrote one)
>>Write a short pitch for a new story
>>What is the comic/cartoon you hate the most and HOW would you turn into something you like?
>>
>>79651782
Not really. People do Slice of Life Quests all the time. You can do mysteries, love stories, adventures, or anything.

Most Quests tend to be genre fiction, but that's just where the interests of 4chan lie. Anything works with the format
>>
File: mania_sad.png (222KB, 440x404px) Image search: [Google]
mania_sad.png
222KB, 440x404px
>>79651813
>>Write a dialogue between two characters from your story (or copy if you already wrote one)
Flash: No, damnit we had a deal! I was there when Sterns and you wrote up the contract, none of us should be marked
Mephestio: And the ones who were present are no longer marked. The Genral, the Rider, both no are no longer mine, but the Doll and the Innocent? They belong to me.You were never part of that deal, Eugene. You and your pet swindled your way out of my grasp, and so young Andi will take your place as my heir and rule Hell, or be killed by my jealous son. Either way she has you to thank for that fate. Farewell.
With the emergence of the 10th realm Heaven, the infernal realm and leaders see a chance to gain more power over their peers, they just need to be able to tear down the gates and take Heaven by force, meanwhile Earth is caught in the crossfire, now it's up to Dr Strange and his student Illyana Rasputin to protect Earth and put an end to a war that threatens to end everything.
>>What is the comic/cartoon you hate the most and HOW would you turn into something you like?
This is a rough question, i don't usually read/watch stuff I don't like, so fixing them might take some work, but let's say Ultimate Spider-Man, cutout the cut away gags, remove Spidey's team and have them be street level heroes rather than shield trainees and make the cartoon feel more like spider-man.
>>
>>79648808
Comics, they're easier to make too.

Two hackers, a guy called Travis Baxter (alias: r0tten0ni0n) and a girl called Natasha Reid (alias: d33pp1nk), are trying to uncover government conspiracies.

No.

Two issues.

Any audience that'll read it.

Boredom.

The Matrix, 24, MGS, The X-Files, Mr. Robot, Watchmen, and other things. There's a whole bunch of comic book references since the two leads are fans.

Location, I'm still debating with myself where to set it. I haven't got a location down in either of my two scripts but I was thinking either New York or London.

>Is there a main ennemy in our story, if yes describe him/her?
There's several villains I plan on including but the most recurring villain is Monty Video. Who starts off as a second-in-command to a hacker group that are antagonists to Travis and Natasha, but eventually becomes a more prominent antagonist who causes WWIII by the final arc. That's what I have planned at least.

Yes, plenty.
>>
>>79652026
Too many "and", it sounds pedantic.
Here is a good tip, write the lines on a piece of paper then mark one by one the words that seem useless. As in "I could perfectly understand without these words". Always keep it simple.
>No, damnit we had a deal! I was there when Sterns and you wrote up the contract, none of us should be marked
becomes
>Damnit, we had a deal! None of us should be marked
>>
>>79652193
For the love of Christ almost all comics are set in NY or London.
Since the theme is conspiracy why don't you set it in Denver for example. You know, the whole Denver airport thing
>>
>>79651493
I feel you're much more likely to get something in an indie festival than a Hollywood thing though? I do some scriptwriting and my intention is always to get them made as in house as possible and distribute myself. Probably won't make any money, but ah well.
>>
File: anti_venom_by_alecyl_d67kwkj.jpg (227KB, 1060x1500px) Image search: [Google]
anti_venom_by_alecyl_d67kwkj.jpg
227KB, 1060x1500px
>>79652209
Thanks, I'll keep this in mind when I start rewriting everything with blocking. The only thing I don't like is cutting out the line about Sterns, it's ment to be a call back to the scene in the god awful Thunderbolts comic, because unless you read that (or circle of four) you wouldn't know that anyone aside from Andi was marked, or that it's a shock to Flash to find that Andi is still marked. Again though, thank you for your input.
>>
>>79652193

>Write a dialogue between two characters from your story (or copy if you already wrote one)
NATASHA: Travis, sweetie. You need to get out of the apartment... WE need to get out of the apartment. We've been in here all weekend.
TRAVIS: So?
NATASHA: It's not good for us. We need to take a break sooner or later. My fucking eyes are burning just looking at the screen. You already have bad enough eyesight, you'll go blind.
TRAVIS: Nat, come on. Just a few more minutes.
NATASHA: No, Travis. Come on, let's go out, we'll get a pizza or something, go for a walk, or... something.
TRAVIS: What'll I get out of it?
NATASHA: I don't know... I'll let you sleep in my bed with me...
TRAVIS: So, pizza you said?

A ship of Vikings gets caught out at sea, in the aftermath of the storm, they come ashore, in Wild West America

>What is the comic/cartoon you hate the most and HOW would you turn into something you like?
Dunno, I don't want to read a comic or watch a cartoon I hate.
>>
File: GODDAM.jpg (59KB, 425x686px) Image search: [Google]
GODDAM.jpg
59KB, 425x686px
>>79648808
Comic.
A man tries to reclaim an identity he himself couldn't use well enough.
Nope.
Not much, just a paragraph or two.
People who like Moths, comic fans, and people who like entertaining stories.
I want to do an idea with a character I don't see much done with.
Conversations with a friend mostly.
Spelling, grammar, structure, making things sound right and not robotic.
>Is there a main enemy in your story, if yes describe him/her?
Person in a costume, Moth specific.
Don't think so, though I could easily be wrong.
>>
This is one the funnier anecdotes I've had since I started writing.

>Write a Gravity Falls fanfic
>It's about Dipper being forced to join his sister and friends' 'girls' night', but he ends up liking large parts of it
>It's mostly a goofy comedy with a hurt/comfort element thrown in when Wendy discovers him mid-makeover, leading to a lot of painful memories about being mocked in school coming out. Wendy and co assure him that no matter how weird he is, they'll always love/like him.
>Get a review from a guy who positively reviewed some of my earlier work
>Says he thinks it's absolutely incredible from a writing perspective, while also believing that it's propaganda for the gay agenda that is utterly evil and immoral
>Really confused how to feel at first, especially since being an LGBT thing wasn't really the main point, since Dipper is still unquestionably straight through the story
>I read that he was temporarily won over by this supposed LGBT message I had
>I managed to win some homphobe (an actual one, not the Tumblr version of 'homophobe') against his religious conviction even temporarily when I wasn't even really trying

I'm interested anyone has similarly weird review stories, since I genuinely think this is my favourite review I've ever gotten.
>>
File: tumblr_m89rcdkYfx1qkwzfeo1_500.png (72KB, 500x664px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m89rcdkYfx1qkwzfeo1_500.png
72KB, 500x664px
Writing a graphic novel, first time - interesting experience.
Alone on a coach journey, Max remembers the chaotic events of the last year and tries to work out where it all went wrong.
No, just doing a bit here and there. Maybe I should - get five pages done a day?
Five pages. It's all very condensed and not in a good way, need to let it breath.
The sort of teenagers who read graphic novels and reflect on life, I guess.
It's the only way to make the ideas stop.
The ideas of memories, coming to terms with the past to move on. Life, really.
Too condensed at the moment, but it's a first draft and I'm working on it.
Nah, it's more internal conflict.
Bryan Lee O'Malley's work is a massive influence, and Lost at Sea especially.
>>
>>79652257
Maybe, Denver's a good choice, but I'm still thinking about it.
>>
>>79652523
Ok let's put this another way.
>Where do you live?
>What kind of place do you go the most often? Is it a school? Office? Garage? Cofee shop? Etc...
>Think about about the most important experiences you had in your life (a car crash for example), and the place it happened in
>>
File: 1446581273109.jpg (145KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1446581273109.jpg
145KB, 1280x720px
A boy falls in love with a girl.

Unable to confess, he is gifted by a deus ex machina with the girl's phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well.

But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day's confessions to the girl, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the girl he called is not the same girl he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn't exist in this universe at all. She is the girl's alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC's own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of LOVE.

OP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NShEKYoPXw
ED 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIX9aoN7g4o
ED 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZHiGLt7g8E
PV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
Keit愛: 君の名は。: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBBrZ3d2sJE
>>
>>79652341
Drury: How long has he been impersonating me?
Firefly: Months. He's even lit up half a block to mask his trail during a chase with Batman. I.. liked that.
Drury: Months!? He's stolen my everything for months!? That bastard! Firefly, has he used the moth lantern?
Firefly: Few times.
A cave-man and an attorney travel across the world.
Not sure.
>>
File: my influence map.png (2MB, 1000x1462px) Image search: [Google]
my influence map.png
2MB, 1000x1462px
Cartoon, a web-cartoon to be more specific.
A boy gets thrown into hazardous adventures, sometimes without his own approval.
Nope.
A 40+ plots for episodes that will be scrapped. Only six or fewer of those forty plots will be made if my plans go through this year. One script is complete. Storyboard half-way done.
Young kids to adolescents, from ages 8 - 18.
I want to tell stories that I think the world would like. If I could leave this world and tell one story, then it would be a life well lived.
I take a lot of influence from 11 minute shows like Ed, Edd, N' Eddy. But action cartoons like Samurai Jack and The Clone Wars have a strong hold on character character design. Web-cartoons like Mugman and Cartoon Drive-Thru's work both entertain and give me hope about this project. Pic related has other influences.
I feel that the main protagonist is too nice. He needs to be a good boy, polite and bright. He strikes me now as too much of a saint. What is any good person without his own vices?
No villains. If this web-series gets past six episodes, then maybe.
The protagonist looks similar to Marco in "Star vs. The Forces of Evil". But a lot of the series would take a lot from "kids get into crazy adventures" type shows.
>>
>>79654118
Can you tell more about your plot?
>>
>>79654118

[Soren arrives at the waterbus stop. Arthur and Lu-Lu are already there. Arthur especially looks aggravated.]

Soren: Good morning.

Both: Morning.

[After a brief moment of silence, Arthur's quiet rage can no longer be contained. He throws his bag on the ground. Lu-Lu and Soren are taken aback.]

Arthur: Gods, I hate the waterbus. Its filled with degenerates and low lives who don't care about anything! We don't deserve this!

Lu-Lu: Like any of us are old enough yet for a boat license. And you lost your boating privileges.

Arthur: Hey it's not my fault that Orc hogged the canal, Lu!

Lu-Lu: Didn't mean you had to go disintegrate his yacht into oblivion.

Arthur: He was asking for it!

Soren(meekly): The waterbus isn't so bad.

A boy in a remote town finds a scarf. It has an address that is located half the world away. With no post offices around anymore after the apocalypse, he decides to leave and search for its owner.

Its technically not a comic/cartoon, but I really hate Akame ga Kill. Behead those who enjoy that show(but the manga apparently is good). If there would be a chance to add a villain in the web-series, I'd like there to be a group of spies/assassins based on those characters.

>>79654233

If this thread is up tonight, then I'd elaborate more.
>>
>>79654706
Do you realize your characters speak like 4chan users? Good luck getting any publisher to read that
>>
>>79648808
>Do you want to make a comic or cartoon
Comic
>Describe story in a single sentence
The ghosts of the past always linger, and patterns remain the same wherever you go.
>How much have you written until now
I'm doing lots of worldbuilding before writing anything. I need to have the politics, history, religion, and language(s) done so I don't forget any of it and can reference it when needed. History is pretty much done, religion has some key concepts, politics and government need work but have a framework, and language has a few key terms but little grammar.
>What motivates you to write
To get my ideas out there and to entertain people and make them think
>What are the main flaws in your story
I worry that it could be too preachy, since I have several conversations planned on religion and government. My views are faith is more important than religion and libertarianism, respectively, but I don't want to hit people over the head with those ideas.
>>
>>79651565
But isn't everyone and their mothers making quest threads on /tg/ now?
>>
Cartoon
Not at the moment, but basically magical conspiracy + pastoral postwar setting + unreasonably competent kids saving the world + touches of surrealism and dream logic
Hell no
Mostly stylistic ideas, worldbuilding and two or three scenes
I guess slightly older kids but more realistically losers like me who still like cartoons despite being of age
Boredom and self-indulgence
Disney, Alice in Wonderland, Jorge Luis Borges, Over the Garden Wall, folk and fairy tales, childhood
The plot is far too big and unfocused, I probably need to cut stuff out. Also I'm shit at creating characters
Nope
Hopefully not lel
>>
Comc

A man finds a gun possessed by a fraction of Death and makes a pact to make it whole again.

No, but I really should. I've just been bogged down with work and stress.

Snippets here and there.

I don't even know.

My fear of spending forever working in a factory and my fear of death.

My fear of death, East of West, Pretty Deadly, Jonah Hex, Lady Snowblood.

The fact that it's just a jumble of notes in various notebooks. By actually writing shit in a coherent manner and then putting together a script or two.

Calls himself The Absolute King. Obsessed with power. Wants to rule over everything.

Probably, yeah.
>>
I actually want to make a book because narration is what I can actually do good
It's a space opera meets conspiracy thriller. Does this qualify?
No, because it's dark and cold now and I can't work in cold and dark times anyway
Not much
Myself. Even I finish, I probably won't publish it. If I do, to people who share my sense of humour, mostly
Boredom
Some stuff. I wrote lots of humourous stuff in my life for a specific audience, now I'd like to make it into a long form
It's hard for me to give different characters different voice. They are all the same smug snarky assholes. Maybe I manage rewriting it eventually
Main villain - not so much. Instead there are various antagonists who pop in and out wherever story goes
Judginging by quotes, Hitchhiker's Guide is sort of like this, but I never got around to actually read it.
>>
>>79656213
This
>>
File: 1454212820930.png (47KB, 380x494px) Image search: [Google]
1454212820930.png
47KB, 380x494px
>>79652453

>"I read it all the way"
>"I-I'm not gay tho..."
>>
I'm a decent writer for my age and position (ie Uni student) but one story I'm developing kinda has to be told in graphic novel format just because of the non-linear narrative and stream of consciousness voiceover. It's about memories and shit and I have no clue how to write it in the format and stuff.

What do, /co/?
>>
>>79652313
>Probably won't make any money
How do you expect to pay the bills then
>>
>>79658918
Other stuff than making films? I haven't thought this through.
>>
>>79648844
>Joseph Campbell
For anyone interested I recomend you the watch the documentals of The Power of the Myth, it can help you with a lot of things, mostly for me how to make a mythology
>>
>>79658904
>I'm a decent writer for my age and position (ie Uni student) but one story I'm developing kinda has to be told in graphic novel format just because of the non-linear narrative and stream of consciousness voiceover.
I was in the same problem as you, and I realized something, nothing has to be done in a certain way, write once, if you don't like it write twice, and go on, but of course if you have the opportunity to make it a graphic novel just do it
>>
>>79659287
How does it describe mythology? I've found that most people that try to talk about mythology in this kind of context don't actually understand it at all
>>
>>79659342
Joseph Campbell was a renowned mythologist, he used to see all religions as nothing but mythos, he was a friend of George Lucas, thanks to him the original Trilogy is pretty much an space opera, I can upload the videos to mega if you want
>>
>>79659436
I'm not that anon >>79659342, but I'm interested.
>>
>>79659505
Ok, I'll be uploading them
>>
>>79659436
Yeah, but how did he actually describe mythology? This "nothing but mythology" phrasing makes me feel like he didn't actually understand it at all
>>
>>79660172
I'd like to explain you, but since my english kinda suck is hard to me, so, here you go https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Campbell
you can read about him there and his work
>>
>>79659505
Since my internet sucks, here you can download them directly, one hour each

>http://library.templeofthejediorder.org/ip/Power_Of_Myth_1_Of_6_-_Joseph_Campbell_With_Bill_Moyers_-_Heros_Adventure.avi
>http://library.templeofthejediorder.org/ip/Power_Of_Myth_2_Of_6_-_Joseph_Campbell_With_Bill_Moyers_-_Message_Of_The_Myth.avi
>http://library.templeofthejediorder.org/ip/Power_Of_Myth_3_Of_6_-_Joseph_Campbell_With_Bill_Moyers_-_First_Storytellers.avi
>http://library.templeofthejediorder.org/ip/Power_Of_Myth_4_Of_6_-_Joseph_Campbell_With_Bill_Moyers_-_Sacrifice_&_Bliss.avi
>http://library.templeofthejediorder.org/ip/Power_Of_Myth_5_Of_6_-_Joseph_Campbell_With_Bill_Moyers_-_Love_And_The_Goddess.avi
>http://library.templeofthejediorder.org/ip/Power_Of_Myth_6_Of_6_-_Joseph_Campbell_With_Bill_Moyers_-_Masks_Of_Eternity.avi
>http://library.templeofthejediorder.org/ip/The-World-of-Joseph-Campbell.avi
>>
File: thumbsup.gif (1MB, 312x176px) Image search: [Google]
thumbsup.gif
1MB, 312x176px
>>79660038
>>79660390
>Since my internet sucks, here you can download them directly, one hour each
No problem. Thanks for the links kind /co/mrade.
>>
File: Lumiere2.jpg (998KB, 2239x1666px) Image search: [Google]
Lumiere2.jpg
998KB, 2239x1666px
>>79648808
>http://pastebin.com/p3vp7Hcv

I have come around these threads quite few times hopelessly but let's try again. I'll ask for a little help once I finished.

Cartoon
"The way back home" (original title "On rentre!"), a little brother and a little sister abducted by aliens must find the way back to Earth accross the galaxy.
Not yet. I write notes and draw doodles as soon as I get new ideas, which means almost everyday. The problem is that new thing are not always good.
20 episodes synopsis, a pitch, some character sheets, an opening music, a script of the first episode (new version since today) and a few drawings colorised on photoshop or by hand.
Children, not preschool. Adults can like the show if they want but it is not aimed towards them.
The fear of living in the street
Franco-belgian comics and old anime such as "The mysterious golden city". Also the more I read my story, the more I realize it looks like "Spirited away".
I had unfilled holes in episodes 4 and 7 but I found the answer this week and am off to fix them.
I guess there will be one. Until now I have no idea. For the moment there are only random ennemies and obstacles.
See question 7. Definitely "Spirited away"
>>
>>79648808

>Doing Gravity Falls fanfic
>Plot is that Dipper gets lured into the woods at night by Bill, before getting knocked unconscious. He returns to the Shack to find that no one recognises him, and he's being chased by figures in a black car. He finds his old hat in the woods and realises that he's still in the same world. His sister, who still doesn't recognise him, is infatuated with him, much to Dipper's disgust, but he drags her along on a quest to determine what the hell is going on.
>Turns out Bill made a deal with the Blind Eye Society to reveal the location of Dipper and all his friends/family, the latter of whom all had their memories of him wiped. Bill saved Dipper by getting him out, but only so that Dipper could make a deal: his family/friends get their memories back if he becomes Bill's servant. While he is processing this, the Blind Eye Society are chasing him down, with the intention having his entire memory wiped, down to his name, and making him their own loyal servant to remove any hints of weirdness from the town. Mabel finally realises that he's her brother when they find the recording of her mind being wiped, where she pleads and cries uncontrollably not to forget her brother, to no avail, causing present Mabel to break down because while she now believes Dipper, she still doesn't remember.

Sorry for the obsession with GF, but I just like writing for the characters.
>>
>>79661838
What exactly do you need help with, mate?
>>
>>79651565
But quest threads are the cancer that killed /tg/ for me.
>>
File: Enfer6.jpg (854KB, 2298x1672px) Image search: [Google]
Enfer6.jpg
854KB, 2298x1672px
>>79661838
(Bug and Jules crouching in the nature with a weapon. Bug teaches Jules how to hunt)
Bug: Ez th-z good hant ez oo l-ve trap h-re. Then ok'l com and k-ll ok'l. Ef ok'l ez no ded ez all kakwoll. Oo get?
Jules: Y..yes
Bug: Ood. Now go hant
A contagious disease stops growth in children worldwide. Wich means that a growing part of the population will stay children until their death. Since children can't reproduce this means the end of mankind in the long run. While people all around the world start to let themselves go out in chaos a young doctor try to find a cure for the disease.
The cartoon "Why I did not eat my father?" by Jamel Debouze. The worst of all is that there's a lot of good stuff in there but it ends up being absolute shit and eating all the budget of French animation. If I had to remake it I'd hire animator instead of motion capture and most importantly I'd fire Jamel out of the project.
>>
File: screen1.jpg (167KB, 1080x874px) Image search: [Google]
screen1.jpg
167KB, 1080x874px
>>79661958
I'd like you to check the English in the outline of my first episode to see if there's any misspells. Also don't hesitate telling the flaws in my story.
You will notice I followed the Blake snyder model.
>>
File: Screen2.jpg (153KB, 1158x866px) Image search: [Google]
Screen2.jpg
153KB, 1158x866px
>>79662728
>>
File: Screen3.jpg (164KB, 1056x882px) Image search: [Google]
Screen3.jpg
164KB, 1056x882px
>>79662787
>>
File: Screen4.jpg (51KB, 1021x286px) Image search: [Google]
Screen4.jpg
51KB, 1021x286px
>>79662821
Voila. also check my universe note if you can. There must be a few expression that don't translate well into English.
And don't hesitate helping me improve my story.
>>
Cartoon
It's a fun, Dungeons & Dragons adventure
No
Character bios for the heroes, the main concept, episode titles and one sentence descriptions for the first five episodes, the season finale, and a Halloween special
Superficially: the 10-13 audience, but with a heavy nostalgia dose for the 25-40 y/o nerd demographic
A burning desire to be more than I am and hopefully get out of the funk I'm stuck in
Those old toyetic 80's/90's action cartoons and, of course, D&D
There are a lot of boss villains, but I don't want to get rid of them.
The Blood Lord, Orcus. A fat demon(or Tanar'ri to avoid oversealous church moms)with a goat head who hates the heroes and their home of Silverpeak, and plots the destruction of the material plane.
Yes. A ton.
>>
>>79654233

Its mostly about a young boy who gets caught in the adventures that his own friends get into. Sometimes, he's dragged on an adventure to find a lost idol to bring to a museum by his intrepid adventurer companion. Other days, a scientist ends up accidentally transporting him into another dimension. The series doesn't really have a continuity, so it can be rather versatile.

>>79654839

>Do you realize your characters speak like 4chan users?

That's actually the first time that someone said anything like that. Good thing too, because that means I need to work on my writing skills.
>>
Bump.
I need to get back to work on my smut.
>>
>>79668030
>writing smut
>not watching the super bowl and getting drunk
>>
>>79669015
I've been busy storytiming
>>
I completely forgot this was alive. Give me an hour.
>>
>>79648808
Comic.
Two killers try to retrieve a girl in the near future.
No.
Chapters and scripts for other stories.
Hell if I know
Boredom.
William Gibson, Dennis Lehane, Glenn Cook.
I write to one archetype. The guys who fall under thst archetype vary wildly but they're all universally self loathing killers.
A crew of guys hired by a loony rich guy.
"Taken" maybe?

This told you absolutely nothing.
>>
File: bump.jpg (8KB, 260x194px) Image search: [Google]
bump.jpg
8KB, 260x194px
Bump
>>
>>79648808
These are pretty shitty questions.
>>
File: ICCGGD.jpg (151KB, 1166x1143px) Image search: [Google]
ICCGGD.jpg
151KB, 1166x1143px
Can't believe I'm doing this...into the breach, I guess:
>>79648808
A comic, at least to start
A long one. It's probably cheating: “In the middle of a turf war between supervillains and The Mob, a mafia princess and a transgender woman find a lost vigilante museum and each takes up a dead hero's legacy to try and bring an end to the conflict.”
Not as of yet...I'm still fighting against depression-induced writer's block
A proposal, the origins and backstories of the mains, some setting description, and an outline for issue one.
Comic book readers, I guess...
If I knew that, I wouldn't have writer's block, I guess...I suppose, if pressed, my motivation is "to tell my stories and make a living at it?"
Public Domain super heroes...the idea of taking these forgotten characters and continuing their legacy, maybe finding what's unique about them.
The characters' motivations, why they're even DOING this...I need to get deeper into their heads and make them my own instead of just cyphers.
The main villain, initially, is The Great Question, a former supervillain who has rallied his comrades in an attempt to take over the city it takes place in and establish a new powerbase.
Far too many, I'm afraid.

Pic related: the initial designs of the two leads, Devilmoon and Golden Girl
>>
>>79676787
The pics are nice
>>
File: 1447105024722.jpg (43KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
1447105024722.jpg
43KB, 630x630px
Alright here's an idea, groups of hooligans, vandals, and ruffians hunting down horror monsters and getting in bare fist brawls with them.
>>
>>79676876
Thanks. I'm more of a "writer who can draw" than an actual cartoonist...I can do pin-ups and character designs, but actual sequential art still escapes me. I'm pretty pleased with them overall, despite the shitty scan and color job I did.
>>
>>79676941
I'd read that.
>>
>>79677013
Cool now I just need to expand on it.
>>
comic
An adventure in space where a lot of things go wrong
No
Outlines and very little of the first bit.
People who like Sci-fi or at least robots.
I enjoy it.
Contemporary events and technology.
The characters need to be more fleshed out, I enjoy designing environments and objects more.
Aggressive AI
I suppose the closest thing design wise would be Knights of Sidonia but with much less fighting in open space/mechas.

X: So you must be excited?
Y: Yah sure
X: You know I've been waiting for this for a long time, to get some action. And its not like they would have asked for both of us if there wasn't some action!
Y: I don't know what your expecting the enemy is the other way
X: Rebels, malcontents, anarchists the rot waiting to be purged, you know my specialty is flanking, attacking where the enemy's weakest. Doesn't make sense for me to be sent to the front.
Y: (why am I here)

In a world where the reptilian Illuminati have taken over all of the worlds most influential positions one super model is going to make herself a pair of new boots.
I heard someone watching bojack horseman once at my local LGS I would change it to be less loud and annoying, I don't really hate anything.
>>
File: ro-dolla-find-a-way.jpg (55KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
ro-dolla-find-a-way.jpg
55KB, 500x500px
>>79653620
>>
>>79653620
How many OPs and EDs does an idea need?
>>
half of this thread is composed of bumps
>>
>>79680352
Tends to be the nature of writing threads till things get going. Could always resurrect the old writing 101 tumblr if that would be of use.
>>
>>79653620
Threadly reminder that you should stop posting that because it's a thing.

https://www.fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/
>>
File: 427fd098fd.jpg (32KB, 359x296px) Image search: [Google]
427fd098fd.jpg
32KB, 359x296px
>>79653620
FINDS A WAY
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.