[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

File: avengers.jpg (530KB, 1738x1374px) Image search: [Google]
avengers.jpg
530KB, 1738x1374px
What went right?
>>
File: 1-all-new-avengers-2015.jpg (222KB, 930x1426px) Image search: [Google]
1-all-new-avengers-2015.jpg
222KB, 930x1426px
What went wrong?
>>
nothing
>>
>>79120784
>>79120794
/thread
>>
They dont pander to the MCU like ANAD avengers
>>
>>79120784
The side avengers sniped all the good characters and the main book only got the leftovers.
>>
>>79120784
>Uncanny
Duggan
Cable
Synapse
>New
Ewing
Sunspot
>>79120791
Everything other than SamxKamala
>>
>>79120901
Also:
Hawkeye
Kaiju
Squirrel Girl
>>
>>79120901
Synapse is a cutie. Even when dying.
>>
>>79120791
Everything but Nova
>>
New Avengers is #1 in Saturday morning cartoon
>>
>>79121656
And thank Reed for that. Too often writers play the saturday morning cartoon style for laughs, with a wink and a nudge, and I hate that. Ewing plays it completely straight though and that's great.
>>
WHAT WENT FUCKING WRONG...
UNCANNY AVENGERS
> The Steg doing probably his worst work yet.
> Quicksilver's outfits being one of the worst outfits in the entire history of comics.
> Deadpool.
> Jerk Spidey.
> Throwing out the previous UA line up which was solid IMO.
> Making it the unofficial basted step child Avengers team in spite of Steve leading it.
NEW AVENGERS
> GOD DAMN SQUIRREL GIRL!
> Turning the awesome Avengers World idea with Sunspot leading Aim and turning it into a excuse for another lame fucking ass comedic Teen Hero book.
AN AD AVENGERS
> Kubert sucks.
> Asrar is in a Meh phase and is being wasted.
> Teeny Bopper line up sucks.
> Warbringer could have looked cool by a better artist as Ross showed but Kubert made him lame as fuck.
> Sam and kamala's interaction so far is cringe inducing.
> Waid being his this was fucking old and annoying in 1996 self having FalCap teaching the teens it's OK to let a villain that can kill thousands get away just to save one person.
>>
>>79121712
>The Steg doing probably his worst work yet
In the first couple issues, yeah. Go read the most recent one though, he seems to be back to his old self quality wise.
>>
>>79121696
Absolutely. The Maker is written perfectly for background control /lord zed.
I really love the book, i think it strikes every note, from the art to the team dynamic it just works for the inner kid in me.
>>
File: 1452902998037.png (1MB, 1172x645px) Image search: [Google]
1452902998037.png
1MB, 1172x645px
However. ..

>Quicksilver costume
>>
>>79121948
why did they change it, he just got a redesign and it was pretty okay
>>
I heard Duggan is a SJW, does it show in his books?
>>
>>79120784
I haven't read Uncanny yet but New Avengers is just fun as fuck. Issue 4 was great.
>>
>>79120784
that's a big head
>>
>>79121712
>not liking Ewing's SG
>not liking NA's style of comedy
>not liking Samala
Shit taste, man
>>
>>79122021
A lot of people got triggered by the first issue of Deadpool where he had Deadpool kill a sovereign citizen, then in issue 2 the merc accidentally evicted a bunch of illegal immigrants then gave them the money they got from the job so they could start over somewhere else, then the 3.1 issue was entirely in Spanish with no translation.
>>
>>79122119
So Duggan keeps it to himself (mostly) and the book is alright?
>>
>>79122073
4u
>>
File: consider-the-following.jpg (25KB, 300x301px) Image search: [Google]
consider-the-following.jpg
25KB, 300x301px
>>79120784

Shit happened.

>>79120791

Shit didn't happen.
>>
>>79122147
Duggan isn't an SJW. Someone including something that you could maybe see as "liberal" if you squint really hard and crank up your paranoia to 11 doesn't make someone an SJW. At that point, you might as well just be asking if someone is a democrat and exclusively read comics by republicans and no one else.

Don't avoid a good comic just because you're scared of the writer maybe having political beliefs that don't completely line up with yours. That's the exact type of hugbox seeking mentality that got us into this mess in the first place.
>>
>>79120791
>kamala on the avengers
>lame first arc
>nova on earth
>everybody is better in their solo
>>
>>79122119
>having a Spanish only issue is bad
Para ser honesto familiar, matate, meneando mi cabeza
>>
>>79122221
Sam isn't.

>>79122222
>>
What about ultimates, squadron supreme, and a-force?
>>
>>79120791
>MCU villain instead of radioactive man and fing fang foom from the free comic book day preview
>>
>>79122233
Spanishbros who translated the issue said the grammar was poor and they could tell it wasn't by a native speaker.
>>
>>79122254
>SS
Jackass justice league, i like it
>ultimates
Havent read it
>a-force
Too early to say something, it only has 1 issue that only showed half of the cast
>>
>>79120791
no muties in the team
>>
>>79122294
>Havent read it
You should, it's one of the better ANAD books, if only for Rocafort's gorgeous art too bad his paneling is still some of the worst shit I've ever seen like holy fuck how can someone whose art is so good have such a fundamental misunderstanding on what makes for good paneling.
>>
>>79122254
>SS
Interesting and I like Nighthawk. Hope them going to Weirdworld doesn't derail the books direction
>Ultimates
Beautiful super science book. If they get a good amount of issues then it coukd be great
>A-Force
Boring. Singularity is cute.
>>
>>79122254
ULTIMATES
> Great idea with the line up of characters all from different universes.
> Good writing and characterization.
> Poor art not full on bad but lesser.
> Don't care for Thundra being added to the mix nor them going to Weird World.
ULTIMATES
> Great art and writing.
> Carol is being kind of a fucking hypocrite with talking down to Blue Marvel saying she would be fighting against him if he was making just another Illuminati and yet she is fine making galaxy wide decisions without consulting the Alien races it will effect.
A-FORCE
> Good so far with good art.
> Singularity continues to be adorable, Reading the A-Force mini from Secret Wars is required for this pretty much.
> Next artist looks not to be as good as the current one.
>>
>>79122427
>Next artist looks not to be as good as the current one.
Caldwell is great, but I don't know how he'll be on action scenes.
>>
>>79122254
>Ultimates
Sexy art, writing makes me moderately interested in characters i generally don't give two shits about
>Squadron Supreme
Pretty damn good, depending on the next arc I would say its the best thing Robinson has done for a while.
>A-Force
Same problems as ANAD, nothing happens and the characters aren't all too interesting and the big threat is a big fart. But its only had one issue so who knows.
>>
So Squirrel Girl is the traitor in New Avengers?
>>
>>79123967
Nah, it's Tippy-Toe
>>
>>79120784
>Uncanny Avengers: has mutants
>New Avengers: has mutants
>>79120791
>ANAD Avengers: has no mutants
>>
File: image.jpg (65KB, 380x348px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65KB, 380x348px
>>79124033
And both have inhumans, still what are you impliying ?

Also ANAD sell better than uncanny or new avengers
>>
>>79120784
Pym
>>
>>79120807
I wonder if some people genuinely believe that or if it's the retardest pretending to be retarded there is.
>>
>>79123967
Well there's Hawkeye who everyone knows is working for SHIELD, but recently Wiccan got possessed by space wizard Cthulu and becomes Demiurge down the road, that might count as being the traitor.
>>
>>79124230
Hopefully we'll get another team book with him leading it instead of wasting him as villain, as I was afraid.
>>
>>79124176
So you're saying op's wrong and it should be reversed?
>Uncanny Avengers/New Avengers: What went wrong?
>ANAD Avengers: What went right?
>>
>>79124176
Who's the Inhuman in New Avengers?
>>
>>79124335
>t.marvel
>>
>>79120784
Well, the interactions in NA feel real and there is an sense that they are a real team and the diversity of personalities and views complement each other well. Also it is drawing heavily on continuity and just having fun. At worst it is a 8/10 book.
The same is not completely true for UA since there is a feeling that they are being forced be together. Although this kind of works with them being the unity team and all, it needs to be dropped soon or it will get old.
As for normal Avengers, that book is a mess. The roster feels like it is just filling a checklist of what characters they want to push or are just popular. IT doesn't help that the first arc felt dragged out and should have been 2 issues at the most. The Teen heroes should have been their own book since I like the idea of those three working together, but as part of the main Avengers teem they feel out of place.
>>
File: 1442304720731.jpg (77KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
1442304720731.jpg
77KB, 540x960px
>• What could possibly hold its own against the American Kaiju? None other than – AVENGER FIVE!
>• Five New Avengers in the ultimate ultra-vehicle – fighting to save A.I.M.! But are they giving up their freedom – or their lives?

Go Go New Avengers
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.