[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will IDW be able to integrate the new Ghostbusters movie in their

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 194
Thread images: 36

File: GB_2013-page-16.png (828KB, 832x537px) Image search: [Google]
GB_2013-page-16.png
828KB, 832x537px
Will IDW be able to integrate the new Ghostbusters movie in their comics?

Do they want to?
>>
>>79049036
It's not about wanting to but more about having to, while Burnham and Schoening have loads of love for the Gb franchise they can't polish a turd and make it look good.
>>
>>79049036
It'll probably be something they sneak in as a sight gag like they did with Funi's Ghostbusters in the Get Real arc
>>
The answer to both is "I really hope not".
>>
>>79049036
I wondered why they didn't just adapt an IDW comic. I haven't read it but I know they have a few female Ghost Busters
>>
>>79049622
The IDW comics rely on the original team. You'd have to recast the characters and I don't thunk that'd be a smart move.
>>
>>79049330

Speaking of Get Real, I understood/recognized almost every alternate universe in that spread, but... why Hulk Hogan's Rock N' Roll Wrestling?
>>
>>79049036
:V
>>
>>79049622
Because it's trying to pander solely to the gurrlpower crowd without putting any love or care into what made the originals, almost the entire cast is incapable of being funny and the ones that do are regretting they signed on in the first place.

It being all female isn't even a problem, hacks like Paul Feig being in charge is.

If someone has it saved, please post the guys pitch from the Sony leaks. This dude watched the original movies with his ass turned toward the screen, straight up copied from fucking Men in Black (The Ghostbusters are now government owned and kept out of the public eye/with existence of ghosts denied) and the Cuban Pete scene from The Mask.
>>
>>79049780

Looks like there was an episode where Hogan and the gang had to stay in a haunted house so I guess that makes it related?

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2iu2pi
>>
>>79049036
considering the sheer bullshit they had to go through to get louis tully and dana barrett for mass hysteria i think not.
>>
>>79049934
Their villain is a serial killer that got struck by lightning on the electrical chair, which is what the original team ate for breakfast in the second movie.

This villain eventually becomes bored with the police force and in a show of power posseses and makes them do a funny dance a la The Mask's Cuban Pete.
>>
>>79050046
???
>>
>>79050075
And oh yeah I almost forgot he also summons Ghost aliens
>>
>>79050075
I was thinking more of the scene from Beetlejuice
>>
>>79049934

>the ones that do are regretting they signed on in the first place.

Wait who regrets it?
>>
>>79050361
Well that too but since it's with the police it's more Cuban Pete than Beetlejuice
>>
>>79050454

Wiig, probably.
>>
>>79050454
I take it you haven't seen those children's hospital photos?
>>
>>79050502

I haven't.
>>
Oh god I hope not. That would be awful.
>>
>>79050099
Dana Barrett and Louis Tully were off-limits from being used in the comic.

Relatives can't be invented and brought into the comic. Peter's mother was in one of Erik Burnham's pitches.

On November 16, 2013, it was revealed Louis Tully was no longer off-limits from being used and would be appearing the Mass Hysteria! arc. The 30th anniversary was a selling point in getting Louis used during Mass Hysteria! in credit to Tom Waltz and Cindy at Sony. Conditions came with using Louis Tully, there couldn't be a giant character change; like having three kids and being the governor of South Carolina.

http://www.ectozone.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=3808&sid=15b039382f9b373993e87cb4f9464876#p3808
>>
>>79049036
iv said it before and il say it again, this should have been the new team
>>
>>79050696

That's so odd. Why aren't they allowed to invent relatives for the characters?
>>
>>79050754

Oh, probably the legal issues of who would own them.
>>
>>79050578
You know how a bunch of MCU actors have visited sick kids before? Chris Pratt had to steal his Star Lord costume from the wardrobe etc

That's usually after the movies long been released, Sony PR thought it would be brilliant to copy this and and do the exact opposite by sending the cast to a children's hospital after a day of filming.

Some kids look visibly frightened and one looks like its ghost just got caught by them, even if this wasn't a blatant as fuck stunt how are the kids supposed to know who they are? The movie is long from being out, there is no trailer and they all look like firefighters.
>>
>>79050907

To quote someone online, "Fucking spawn campers".
>>
>>79050737
I would not mind the new team in the movie if they were just a new team, but no it had to be a reboot when they always wanted to franchise the company. They could have made it a the ghostbusters are to old get us 4 new workers to take our place, but no fuck the classics
>>
>>79050907
The look overall looks like shit. Watch as feminist blame misogyny for everyone talking shit about the movie.
>>
>>79050907
Apparently they were filming across the street from the hospital and were invited. It's just unfortunate the Ghostbusters were visiting kids on death's door.
>>
>>79049036
They've established a Ghostbusters multiverse so they can if they want.
>>
>>79051032
>they can if they want
That doesn't mean you should.
>>
>>79049780
Same production company and they had a Ghostbuster style episode.
>>
>>79051057
Not even to trash talk them?
>>
>>79050983
Didn't Harold Ramis die just before filming started?
>>
>>79051007
That's what they were spinning it as later on yeah. Even so they shouldn't have published them to news outlets.
>>
>>79050983

Which was what they had wanted to do originally. Is it a remake that more or less just reverses the genders or is it an original reboot? I really don't like either... I honestly want this movie to flop so bad but I know it'll live on brand recognition alone. Even if it's somehow not shit I want it to flip. A Ghostbusters cinematic universe is simply the worst idea imaginable.

>>79051004

I know quite a lot of woman who don't want this movie either honestly. It really seems to be mostly people who got caught up in the whole misogyny angle that are really looking forward to it.
>>
Are the IDW Ghostbusters comics not cancelled? I thought they were cancelled.
>>
>>79051336

New ongoing starts this month.
>>
>>79051358

What a nice thing to know.
>>
>>79051421
Ghostbusters international is the title. So maybe we will get a few new ghostbusters. maybe some more of the extreme ones in this actual universe and at this actual time.
>>
>>79051320
>. It really seems to be mostly people who got caught up in the whole misogyny angle that are really looking forward to it.
If it makes less than $300 million and scores below 80% on RT /tv/ will call it a flop and pat themselves on the back. These are the same people who thought Fury Road would bomb.
>>
>>79051517
Well yeah but this is shaping up to be bad because of Paul Feig being a hack and just hiring his Bridesmaids friends
>>
>>79051517
>These are the same people who thought Fury Road would bomb.
You mean the crazy SJWs who went around saying there was a patriarchal conspiracy to boycott it?
>>
>>79049036
Don't the Ghostbusters comics already deal with multiverse shenanigans? In a year or two after the film's release we'll probably be hearing about at least kinda sequel to Get Real that'll include them joining the other two teams.
>>
File: Sighing Stickman.png (2KB, 170x143px) Image search: [Google]
Sighing Stickman.png
2KB, 170x143px
>Waiting on this thread to turn into a Ghostbusters girls thread.
>>
>>79049934
Didn't Dan leave the movie on his own because he had no faith in it?
>>
>>79051057
The people making the comics do not own Ghostbusters. If they're told to include the new all ladies team their options are to do that or have the license pulled.
>>
>>79051320
>Is it a remake that more or less just reverses the genders or is it an original reboot?
new plot but swaping genders of the original cast, I would not mind a ghostbusters 3 with out the og 4 as the stars especially with harold ramis dead but they could at least not make it a reboot.

JJust have the 3 living ghostbusters be getting to old to bust ghost saying egon is already gone so they need to get new blood. all they had to do and I would have given this movie a chance
>>
>>79049036
if anything, the new ghostbusters might be able to bring the IDW comics back to life.

I am willingly going to allow that.
>>
>>79049036
A female ghostbuster isn't a bad idea, hell I loved the ghost smashers when the girls showed some personality (all the one of them)
>>
>>79050075
>This villain eventually becomes bored with the police force and in a show of power posseses and makes them do a funny dance a la The Mask's Cuban Pete.

this is what really gets me disappointed, in Ghostbusters, the ghosts are your typical "ARGH! I'm evil" it's the ghostbusters themselves that makes the comedy
>>
>>79050131
idw did it first.
>>
>>79051746
That was actually true though. The /tv/ retards spammed here at least telling us not to see it because women reeeeeeeee
>>
/co/ doesn't like female characters being in the spotlight, news at 11.
>>
I like the stories, but the weird side duckmouth thing in the art style still irks me to this day.
>>
File: Mel Ky.png (922KB, 1050x444px) Image search: [Google]
Mel Ky.png
922KB, 1050x444px
The sad part about all of this is this new turd of a movie is gonna overshadow the real female ghostbusters from the shows and comics to an insane degree

I want to realize that these 4 unfunny women are gonna get merchandise before Kylie and Mel do. I want you to think about it and grow as furious as I am
>>
>>79049036

>tfw they didn't use these thress + not-chevy chase for the new movie.

What would the casting be?

Obviously, Chevy is too old to play the character modelled after him
>>
>>79049934
>the ones that do are regretting they signed on in the first place.
Sauce?
>>
>>79058356
What are you talking about? Chevy was never involved with Ghostbusters.
>>
>>79050696
Why were Dana and Louis off limits?
>>
File: 1390627545915.jpg (3MB, 2952x4191px) Image search: [Google]
1390627545915.jpg
3MB, 2952x4191px
>>79051932
I am seconding this notion.

All in favor, post GB girls. lewds are welcome
>>
File: NewGB_Promo.jpg (554KB, 583x886px) Image search: [Google]
NewGB_Promo.jpg
554KB, 583x886px
>>79058531

In the IDW comics there's a character called Ron Alexander whose appearance is based off of Chevy Chase. He was part of the New Ghostbuster team that briefly replaced the originals when they went missing alongside Janine Melnitz, Kylie Griffin and Melanie Ortiz.
>>
I just don't get how or why Janine became a ghostbuster. In both movies she never had any interest in it.
>>
>>79058989

In the comics it was more out of necessity than anything else and she quit asap
>>
>>79058989

She learned pretty much every part of the job being the receptionist, so she was inadvertently trained.

So she was the best choice.
>>
>>79058850
Other members of the Ghost Smasher included people based on Halley Berry, Donna Dixon and
>>
>>79060771
> and
Vanessa Angel
>>
>>79050907
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMCaxL7YRj0
>>
I >>79049036
I'm liking what IDW did with TMNT, will I enjoy this as well?
>>
>>79061364
Yes, though its not a new continuity but an extension of the movies/shows/miniseries.
>>
File: 1322961573174.png (234KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1322961573174.png
234KB, 1024x768px
>>79061447
well shit, looks like I got a bunch of rewatching to do!
>>
>>79061501
Only the movies and previous IDW miniseries really count, the two 90s cartoons just crop up during the Get Real crossover. there's a TMNT crossover as well.
>>
>>79049934
That movies going to be an absolute shitfest of "If you hate it, you're a mysoginist" and the like
>>
>>79049934
The only people that'll spin this into a gender issue are your typical Gawker site, & that's assuming if Gawker will be around after Hulk leg drops their shit.
>>
>>79051932

There's only like four recurring girls in the franchise and one of them has been seen in about a quarter of a century.
>>
>>79053119
This, basically. I've heard Ghostbusters described as a badly-derailed Call of Cthulhu campaign, and that's basically accurate. All the supernatural stuff, all the dark gods and wicked ghosts and apocalyptic events? All that is played completely, 100% straight. The humor comes from the fact that the horror is being confronted, not by preachers or by scared civilians, but by con men and nerds carrying nuclear reactors on their backs and with their minds on a profit margin.
>>
>>79051158
That can't be a coincidence.
>>
>>79062707

it's certainly prophetic
>>
>>79062208
sorry to break this to you, but there is zero chance hulk is winning that case.
>>
>>79051358
A new ongoing or a 4 issues mini?
>>
>>79049330
>Funi's Ghostbusters
who ?
>>
File: ghostbusters_2016-toys-620x350.jpg (92KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
ghostbusters_2016-toys-620x350.jpg
92KB, 620x350px
>>79058282
>I want to realize that these 4 unfunny women are gonna get merchandise before Kylie and Mel do. I want you to think about it and grow as furious as I am

I'm sorry, if it makes you feel better these are going to warm the shelves of toystores for quite a while because Diamond Select just released figures of the original team and they're great.
>>
>>79063803
Funimation
>>
>>79063999

Why was there only one black?
>>
>>79049934
Went into the Sony Leaks and found the pitch, as a reminder it being all female isn't the problem Paul Feig directing it is. Posting in a few.
>>
File: paul_feig.jpg (54KB, 675x380px) Image search: [Google]
paul_feig.jpg
54KB, 675x380px
>>79064693
Amy,
Here’s my take on it: It’s a reboot of the franchise in a world (our world) that has never actually had any legitimate contact with the ghost world. Our villain ghost is an executed murderer, a Ted Kazinski type (think Peter Dinklage) who has left behind a manifesto of how he wants to change and destroy the world. When his execution is hit by a supercharged electrical storm, he is turned into a powerful ghost able to rouse other villainous spirits from the ghost world to carry out the ever-expanding plans of his manifesto. Our four new female Ghostbusters come together in an origin story that sees them forming a team based on their diverse skills and plays with the invention and trial-and-error of their various Ghostbusting technology and techniques as they try to stop the villain and his ever growing force of evil ghosts, which is a boring way of saying that we’ll see four very different women come together and figure out in funny, scary and action-packed ways how to save New York City and the world.
>>
File: smug asshole.jpg (66KB, 560x375px) Image search: [Google]
smug asshole.jpg
66KB, 560x375px
>>79064701
This first film will deal with this one mission and the formation of our team and the evolution of their hardware and by the end result in them forming their actual Ghostbusters business, versus starting a business mid-film like the original movie. However, I would like to keep their business as a secret government agency in a world where the government has worked hard to cover up the events of this first reboot in order to keep the public from knowing that there is now a possible reoccurring ghost threat over our country. (I’m playing with the idea that, a la Close Encounters, the government stages an evacuation of mid-town Manhattan to keep the public from knowing about the ghost threat, so that even though most of mid-town Manhattan is a mess after the final battle, they are able to explain it away as a gas explosion or something to that effect. This will keep the franchise from having to denounce the Ghostbusters in a sequel or drop them back into a world in which the public is now fully aware of ghosts. This will give the franchise much more longevity. There’s a funny dynamic we want to play with where the government eventually starts working with the Ghostbusters but has to keep denouncing them publicly, having a Cecily Strong type character always saying terrible things about them in press conferences and then apologizing to them behind the scenes, even though her public attacks on them get more and more personal. “I’m sorry, I just have to make it sound convincing.”)
>>
File: Las ghostbusters.jpg (70KB, 780x536px) Image search: [Google]
Las ghostbusters.jpg
70KB, 780x536px
>>
File: Paul Feig.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Paul Feig.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
>>79064708
Tonally, the movie will be a bit scarier and more hi-tech than the original and the set pieces will be bigger, while still being very funny. For example, I want in the third act to have the entire police force and army accompany the Ghostbusters to the final battle but since our villain only wants to deal with the Ghostbusters and wants to make the government look ridiculous, he possesses the entire police and army forces and makes them do a big ridiculous dance number in the middle of Fifth Avenue, thus neutralizing them (and delighting himself).

I think that having our main villain be both evil and funny in the ways screws with our world as he’s trying to carry out the points of his manifesto (get revenge on everyone who slighted him, humiliate and take down Wall Street, make the United States look ridiculous to the rest of the world and eventually destroy NYC, which to him is the brain of the US), as well as have fun with the ghosts he picks to carry out various tasks (could be all dead villains and famous criminals he recruits from the ghost world and - in what I think could be a billion dollar idea - recruits the ghosts of evil beings from other parts of the universe - yes, ghost aliens! “Our world isn’t the only place in the universe with bad and dangerous beings that have died, you know. There’s a lot of bored dead monsters out there who are just looking for something to do.”)

Anyway, these are all things we’re experimenting with and are looking forward to exploring as we write the first draft. I hope this helps in your lunch.

Break a leg! :0)
Paul
>>
>>79064701
>>79064708
>>79064732

I can't take Paul Feig seriously considering how much he looks like Andy Daly in Review.

>Rebooting A Popular Franchise: Two Stars!
>>
remember when you were just allowed to make a movie? remember when you didn't have to spend three hundred million and aim for a billion?
>>
>>79064784
They're all chasing after that MCU blockbuster money so everything has to be a Cinematic Universe now, Sony's mistake was thinking it'd be a great way to start off a Ghostbusters Cinematic Universe with a total reboot where the originals never happened.
>>
>>79064784
The Asylum remembers.
>>
>>79064701
>>79064708
>>79064732

For some reason I read this in Regis Philbins voice. Also, that sounds like a terrible fucking pitch for a movie.
>>
>>79051004
I'm a feminist and I fucking love the Ghostbusters, and this all-female movie is looking like total shit.

Are they still making that other new movie, or did that give up the ghost?
>>
>>79064915
>I'm a feminist
How fat and ugly are you?
>>
>>79064896
It's what Sony greenlighted, in the Sony Leaks there were emails of the Horrible Bosses guys being interested in making a Ghostbusters movie too but instead they with fucking Paul Feig..
>>
File: 1323216740416.jpg (85KB, 385x383px) Image search: [Google]
1323216740416.jpg
85KB, 385x383px
>>79064724
>Sony makes another GhostBusters movie with Channing Tatum, Chris Pratt, & other men
>the film is titled The Real Ghostbusters.
>>
there a megalink to download the IDW comics?
>>
File: big twinkie.gif (976KB, 499x204px) Image search: [Google]
big twinkie.gif
976KB, 499x204px
>>79065036
That got shut down because of loud tumblrites throwing a fit.

Reminder Ernie Hudson tried to warn us and called this bullshit out for what it was and got shit on too.

>Back in October, Hudson told the Telegraph, "I heard [the new Ghostbusters] was going to be a total reboot, and that it would have nothing to do with the other two movies ... If it has nothing to do with the other two movies, and it's all female, then why are you calling it Ghostbusters?"

>Hudson added, "I love females. I hope that if they go that way at least they'll be funny, and if they're not funny at least hopefully it'll be sexy. I love the idea of including women, I think that's great. But all-female I think would be a bad idea. I don't think the fans want to see that.

>"Maybe it will come out and be the most amazing thing, but in my opinion I think it would be wrong to do another movie that didn't include the guys. And that didn't include me!"

That was until the feminist twitter/tumblr mob came after him over his comments and he had to backpedal his views on the "remake".

>Ernie Hudson has come around on Paul Feig‘s upcoming all-girl “Ghostbusters” reboot, after previously slamming the idea of the remake and more recently offering up a cryptic “no comment.”

>“Four fiercely funny, foxy, females busting ghosts … phenomenal,” Hudson tells TheWrap.
>>
File: 1357125900775.jpg (47KB, 440x379px) Image search: [Google]
1357125900775.jpg
47KB, 440x379px
>>79064732
>as well as have fun with the ghosts he picks to carry out various tasks (could be all dead villains and famous criminals he recruits from the ghost world and - in what I think could be a billion dollar idea - recruits the ghosts of evil beings from other parts of the universe - yes, ghost aliens!

what a faggot!
>>
>>79065052
https://mega.nz/#F!qhkjmLJA!9Zi7Hznxa1-r5y9wA3VuNA
>>
File: 1445200669182.gif (2MB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
1445200669182.gif
2MB, 500x278px
>>79064701
>>79064708
>>79064732

It's one thing to talk about how Hollywood wants to bleed respected classics dry or repurposing a vision for profit, but being able to read this shit really does it to me.
>>
File: gb-header-cast.jpg (223KB, 1400x575px) Image search: [Google]
gb-header-cast.jpg
223KB, 1400x575px
>>79065097
Sony Pictures sued Bill Murray to force him into doing a cameo for this soulless piece of shit.

https://wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/104704

Sent: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 3:06 PM
To: Venger, Leonard; Weil, Leah
Cc: Yankelevits, Daniel
Subject: Ghostbusters/Murray - Litigation Counsel [CONFIDENTIAL]

>In order to more fully evaluate our position if Bill Murray again declines to engage on “Ghostbusters”, AG requested that we identify “aggressive” litigation counsel with whom we can consult to evaluate our alternatives and strategize. [Harkening back to his prior employer, of course, raised the name of David Boies.]

>Personally, while I’m fine with aggressive, I think we are in much worse shape if this goes public so seems to me we should look for someone who isn’t seeking the spotlight.

>Can we discuss at some point soon to provide a suggestion or two?

>Thanks.
>>
>>79065097

Remember when the third movie was going to be 'The Ghostbusters Go To Hell'? And it was basically going to be Hellraiser meets Wraith: The Oblivion?
>>
>>79065164
Pretty sure that was repurposed for the game, which is as close a GB 3 we will ever get.
>>
File: rekt.jpg (212KB, 622x864px) Image search: [Google]
rekt.jpg
212KB, 622x864px
>>79049036
They will try and force it on the comic team but it'll crash and burn like the movie, almost every GB community out there is against the reboot happening some even built a reboot proton pack and burned the thing.
>>
>>79049036
Honestly why should they? TMNT doesn't have to appeal to the movies or tv show.
>>
>>79064708
>already planning sequels
>>
Let me say this now /co/, before it happens;

All the usual suspects will run with a "misogynists are trying to boycott this movie" angle a few weeks before it releases. There will be an astroturfing campaign, a Twitter hashtag invented by the movie's marketing department, and a million articles on Jezebel and the Mary Sue blaming everything from GamerGate to us on 4chan.

I'm only saying this cause I don't want any of you to fall for it.
>>
>>79065394
And the poor cast will be used by Sony Pictures and Paul Feig to hide behind and the misogyny angle a shield to deflect criticism with, but that will only work for so long when this movie just fails at the box office.
>>
>>79065394
How are they going to explain the underperformance of the movie when the results are in? Are they going to try yell misogyny at everything until it sticks?
>>
File: original.jpg (120KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
120KB, 1024x768px
>>79065421

I mean I'm going to give the movie a chance. I like being proven wrong on this kind of stuff - it's a Ghostbusters movie! Of course I want it to be good but from everything I've seen and read about this so far...

>>79065449

Yes. Yes they will.
>>
>>79065449
To be fair unless it's REALLY bad, the movie probably won't underperform. Mediocrity is not punished very harshly.
>>
>>79065475

If it's one thing that the viewing public loves, it's mediocrity.

We've got 4 Transformers movies and they've all been box office successes for God's sake.

Also Force Awakens. It wasn't a BAD movie, but it wasn't anything special and it's just a point-for-point remake of a New Hope.
>>
>>79065452
Yeah they have so much faith in this movie they have to sue Bill Murray into appearing.

Rumor floating around is that the studio is in damage control for Ghostbusters: forced cameos of the original cast, gag orders for the cast and crew to keep them from shit-talking it, plus there are whispers that the working relationship between Melissa McCarthy and Paul Feig took a shit and died during the making of the film, in terms of McCarthy calling Feig out on the shit sandwich he was making and accusations he misled her about the script to get her join the cast.
>>
>>79065500

Red flags will start flying for me if they decide not to hold press screeners.
>>
It just makes no sense to me as to why they would ignore the first two movies. What is with this incessant need to reboot franchises? How is writing a whole new origin story for the Ghostbusters easier then just dropping us into the action with a group of new Ghostbusters, who just happen to be female? I figured it'd be easier to write something more in that line, everything's already established, you know what they use they don't need to make anything, then you can focus on a new story and characterization.
>>
>>79065702
Most of the time, sequels have diminishing returns.
>>
>>79065702
The people in charge of Sony Pictures are retarded, just look through some of the stuff that came out of the Sony leaks.
>>
>>79065711
It wouldn't be a direct sequel and wouldn't have to be marketed as one.
>>
>>79065720

At least we got Spider-man out of all that.

Worth it if you ask me.
>>
>>79065024

Despite Horrible Bosses not being the greatest films at least both made me laugh. Honestly they'd treat the franchise with some respect
>>
>>79065727
Spinoffs have even more diminishing returns.
>>
>>79065731
What went on with Spider-Man was pretty retarded as well.

>Webb hired on as director solely because of his last name fitting nicely with Spider-Man
>Garfield had no clue what the fuck was going on during the making of 2
>With Amazing Spider-Man 2 not doing so well Amy Pascal begged Raimi for help on what to do with the franchise

>>79065736
The Russo's have shown interest in doing the male reboot but were about to be tied down by the MCU/Civil War schedule so couldn't direct and would only have writing duties.
>>
>>79065741
So if sequels and spinoffs have no potential then why isn't every movie an original story?
>>
>>79065794
First an original idea makes a whole ton of money. Then each sequel and spinoff makes less money, but still a lot of money. Then the sequels start to make not enough money, so they reboot to try and boost sales up the same way an Issue 1 would. Eventually, the diminishing returns shrink to not worth it again, so they reboot again and again and again, squeezing every drop of blood they can from the stone before they have to take another risk with an original idea.
>>
File: Jurassic-World-park.jpg (529KB, 1919x965px) Image search: [Google]
Jurassic-World-park.jpg
529KB, 1919x965px
>>79065741
>>79065819
What's it like being wrong?
>>
>>79065850

That's an entertaining movie.

Like, stupid and unnecessary, but I was never bored watching that.
>>
File: 3.jpg (29KB, 314x263px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
29KB, 314x263px
>>79065097
>at least they'll be funny, and if they're not funny at least hopefully it'll be sexy.
>>
>>79065930
It's the perfect way of doing a reboot/sequel while keeping that spirit of what made the original.

I'm sure a lot of people would be less salty if the female reboot was just a passing of the torch thing instead of a total reboot where the original never happened.
>>
File: jesus christ how horrifying.jpg (104KB, 583x819px) Image search: [Google]
jesus christ how horrifying.jpg
104KB, 583x819px
>>79065975
>>
>>79065850

Kids love dinosaurs.

That movie was mediocre as fuck too. Nothing worries me more then that director being attached to Star Wars, nothing about his direction indicates any actual style or skill beyond basics.

I guess Disney's pottery demands the last part of the trilogy be helmed by the worst director too.
>>
>>79050578
>>
>>79065990
>Jurassic World
>mediocre

Fuck you and the namefag horse you rode in on.
>>
>>79066024

The best part of that movie is the fight at the end. That's a great moment.
>>
>>79065988
>>79065097
>people calling All-Female Ghostbusters
I don't think this is a female, guys
>>
>>79066015
Why does that little kid have a Stewie plush?
>>
File: 1404869771219.jpg (129KB, 679x631px) Image search: [Google]
1404869771219.jpg
129KB, 679x631px
>>79049036
>Do they want to?
Yes?
They are the same company that gave Edward Scissorshands to Kate Leth.
If you're looking for someone immune to this SJW bullshit you'll have to look outside the US because nobody, no-fucking-body who lives in it didn't drink the kool aid by now.
>>
>>79065711
It's just a matter of what the sequel is allowed to do.

Everything that was GREAT AND NOT BAD about Fury Road, was based entirely on what it was allowed to do with itself.
>>
Realistically, how do you guys think the movie will do?
>>
>>79066024

That much salt is bad for your health anon.

It was average. Other then a couple of the dinosaur sequences it was Generic Blockbuster #475 and the direction was mind-numbingly flat when it wasn’t aping Spielbergo. The best thing I can say about it was that the kid/teen actors were way better then I expected.

It was nice to see Bryce Dallas Howard in something big again even if she was playing the most generic cold career-woman character possible.
>>
File: 1438486592524.jpg (255KB, 2048x1370px) Image search: [Google]
1438486592524.jpg
255KB, 2048x1370px
>>79066015
>be 8
>terminal brain cancer
>make a wish ask me what my dream is
>I want to meet my favourite ghostbuster
>big day comes
>can't wait to meet Bill Murray
>"We managed to get all four of them to come anon, isn't that great?"
>4? But Harold Ramis is dead
>The door opens and I hear shrill laughter and mumbled ebonics
>Four women shamble in to the room wearing cheap cosplay outfits
>The largest, a barely human looking sheboon swaggers over to me looking like she thinks she's made my day
>"Who ya gun call lil guy?"
>The rest of them roar with laughter
>I hear a voice screaming "Ay gurls, lemme holla at ya"
>A strange negro runs in to my room and starts whooping
>The 4 women begin to whoop along with him and chant "PHOTO OP, PHOTO OP"
>A camera flashes as I drift in to the abyss
>>
>>79066076
is this one of those things where we're just using SJW to mean "a liberal" instead of its intended use
>>
>>79066127
Anything left of Donald Trump is a SJW on /co/ if the discourse calls for the need to call someone an SJW
>>
>>79066112
I love this pasta.
>>
>>79066099
It will do okay at the box office but not good enough to warrant sequels, it will taint the Ghostbusters name and Sony Pictures will shelf the male reboot indefinitely. It will receive a 90% on RT despite it being abysmal as fuck.

Wiig will be the first to talk shit about it flopping while Feig and Sony Pictures will hide behind a wall of soggy knees.
>>
File: 1339984582620.jpg (33KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1339984582620.jpg
33KB, 720x540px
>>79066127
A SJW is a type of liberal.
Also it's an hyperbole, but you get the point: in the US entertainment industry, SJW beat sane people 10 to 1.
>>
>>79066155

Good litmus test for whether or not someone is a SJW -

A person who petitions an apartment complex to install an elevator for handicapped residents is an activist.

A person who demands the apartment complex remove all the stairs is a SJW.
>>
>>79065499
>>79065499
>t remake of a New Hope.
A Renewed Hope if you will...
>>
>>79066155
Are you implying Kate Leth isn't a SJW?
>>
File: 1438554160976.png (72KB, 133x237px) Image search: [Google]
1438554160976.png
72KB, 133x237px
>>79066112
Still a good pasta.
>>
>>79065702
>Ghostbusters 3? But, I haven't seen the other 2? I don't have time for that! I'll go watch Lliam Neeson being a sad dad with a gun movie instead!

That's how this business works.
>>
>>79066099
More or less like Fant4stic, I'd guess

Normies barely notice it's existence, old fans have no reason to watch it, most reviews will probably agree that it's yet another unnecessary reboot, so what's left going for it?

I don't think the SJ-related push will help much either, it certainly didn't with black Human Torch
>>
>>79066280
>I haven't seen the other 2
if you havn't seen the other two, you were never the people who were going to watch Ghostbusters anyway.
>>
>>79066178
You know, I originally thought this was a shit analogy but it gets better the more I think about it.
>>
>>79066178
Now I'm just picturing some pink-haired tumblrina throwing herself down a flight of stairs yelling about how the stairs are a patriarchal social construct and are oppressing her.
>>
>>79066319
Well that ain't profitable enough for them. If it isn't making Hunger Games bucks, it's not worth their time.
>>
>>79066363
There's a comic exactly like that actually, I didn't save it tho.
>>
>>79066414
>If it isn't making Hunger Games bucks
what a shitty bunch of movies and books.
>>
>http://uk.news897.com/post/137470294161/david-margulies-78-ghostbusters-mayor-tony

Mayor from Ghostbusters has died. :c
>>
>>79065394
Because I know we're just that stupid and liable to take the bait, I'm screenshotting your post.
>>
>>79066050
It's a female gorilla.
>>
>>79066050
She is so fucking ugly. Black men are cuter than her.
>>
>No trailer yet
Sony is afraid to show it. They are scared about the reactions. Doesn't smell good guys...
>>
>>79049934

I don't even care if it's an all girl team, we've had female Ghostbusters before.

The problem Is that it's been months and all they have to show of it is the same photos, cameo reports, getting the old crew to hype it and twitter drama. Nothing to show of the movie itself or how the actors interact, it's reminding me too much of the shitshow Fantastic 4 was until release so I have no faith in it.

And that script pitch was terrible.
>>
>>79067357

>not photo of Chris Hemsworth as a secretary yet

Preposterous.
>>
>>79067428

You'd think that would be a priority but nope. Let's focus on bad ass poses that none of them look bad ass in.
>>
File: female egon.jpg (196KB, 970x1437px) Image search: [Google]
female egon.jpg
196KB, 970x1437px
I think what bothers me is that they're not even hiding the fact that the new characters are pretty much carbon copies of the originals

Melissa McCarthy will be Peter
Kristen Wiig will be Ray
Kate McKinnon will be Egon
Leslie Jones will be Winston
Chris Hemsworth will be Jeanine

McKinnon even LOOKS like Egon from The Real Ghostbusters.
>>
>>79066112
>spawncamping
>>
>>79067652
I do like that poster though.
>>
File: hemsworth0002.jpg (115KB, 1280x1611px) Image search: [Google]
hemsworth0002.jpg
115KB, 1280x1611px
>>79067428
>not photo of Chris Hemsworth
Hi
>>
File: ghostbusters_71955.jpg (30KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
ghostbusters_71955.jpg
30KB, 600x300px
>>79067771
Needs bigger glasses.
>>
>>79067771
i can just bet that theres going to be a scene where he has to take off his shirt for some reason, and the women just stare at him mouths wide open.

They do that stupid scene all the time, and i feel like this is no different
>>
If they don't release the trailer on February 14 they're going to miss a huge opportunity.
>>
File: ghostbusters-1-1.jpg (320KB, 612x459px) Image search: [Google]
ghostbusters-1-1.jpg
320KB, 612x459px
>Dead criminals from all eras of New York’s underbelly past have returned to roost among the living in Paul Feig’s Ghostbusters reboot. Pilgrims, old-timey sailors, Revolutionary War spirits, and even a couple of zoot-suited gangsters are ready to take on four formidable female busters looking to rid the city of its phantasmic filth.

>In addition to facing down ectoplasmic felons, stars Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig, Kate McKinnon,and Leslie Jones have had to combat sexist social media rants about why women can’t possibly fight celluloid spirits as well as Dan Aykroyd and Bill Murray did back in 1984. So the pressure is on, both on screen and off.

>“If this doesn’t work, we go back and lose our [right to] vote,” McCarthy deadpans. “I’m talking presuffragette.”
>>
File: scfww4.jpg (31KB, 224x529px) Image search: [Google]
scfww4.jpg
31KB, 224x529px
>>79068048
>“If this doesn’t work, we go back and lose our [right to] vote”
Say goodbye to the poll stations, ladies.
>>
>>79068048

>If people don't like our movie it's because of the misogyarchy, not because it's a terrible cashgrab idea filled with mediocre actors.

Stay classy, McCarthy.
>>
>>79068202
>McCarthy
>classy

She's literally the female Kevin James.
>>
>>79068048
Melissa McCarthy: The lady who would be Rosie O'Donnell, had there not been one already.
>>
>>79065720
I'm a little disappointed we didn't get the Aunt May movie, I'd have payed to see it.
>>
>>79068337

I only wanted that Aunt May movie if it was just a remake of that terrible Sally Field movie where her daughter gets raped and murdered by Kiefer Sutherland and so she goes full Death Wish on him.
>>
>>79065449
Money is the patriarchy!
>>
>>79068337
Clone Saga might have been a neat clusterfuck
>>
>>79053270
>a few /tv/ funposters and a couple of fringe red pill websites equals a conspiracy

It's like when everyone claimed that all Star Wars fans were racist because three tweets called Finn a nigger after the trailer.
>>
>will they be able to
probably
>will they want to
probably not
>will they have a choice
probably not
>>
>>79068563
>all Star Wars fans were racist
No, but all white ones are.
>>
>>79065711
>>79065702

It worked for Jurassic World. The movie was a turd compared to the original but I'll give them credit for not just starting from scratch and actually building off of the previous movies.

That movie broke all the records before The Force Awakens, too. It didn't cost them a cent at the box office.
>>
>>79068048

I love how that first paragraph says a lot about what kind of mess this is. Pilgrims and old time sailors are now criminals?
>>
File: 1452169039575.png (199KB, 528x542px) Image search: [Google]
1452169039575.png
199KB, 528x542px
>>79068048
>Dead criminals from all eras of New York’s underbelly past have returned to roost among the living in Paul Feig’s Ghostbusters reboot. Pilgrims, old-timey sailors, Revolutionary War spirits, and even a couple of zoot-suited gangsters are ready to take on four formidable female busters looking to rid the city of its phantasmic filth.

You just made this up, right? This isn't really what the movie is going to be like, right?
>>
>>79069819
But anon, they're all oppressive men from the wrong side of history!
Or some such bullshit.
>>
>>79064701
>think Peter Dinklage
Gotta get that Game of Thrones crowd somehow! And who doesn't love a snarky superpowered ghost midget!
>>
File: ComeOnMan.jpg (34KB, 322x500px) Image search: [Google]
ComeOnMan.jpg
34KB, 322x500px
>>79067771
>ramshackle proton bike
Thread posts: 194
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.