[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am i missing something...? Was this the most confused, shittiest,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

File: portrait_incredible.jpg (27KB, 216x324px) Image search: [Google]
portrait_incredible.jpg
27KB, 216x324px
Am i missing something...? Was this the most confused, shittiest, none-coheasive thing ever?

Some of the tie-ins were better than the entire thing and certain things were just so random.

Also in issue 6 both spidermans come around the tree and go down to molecular man. where in the tie-in is this? All i can find is that they are both busy in the Ultimate End.

Maybe it's because i havent read marvel in a while but this was a bad reboot, epic, story, whatever arc.

also not killing off peter park was a coward move
>>
>>79016316
>also not killing off peter park was a coward move

They already did that twice
>>
>>79016325
True but this was supposed to be THE time. Let the black boy take over and what not.
>>
>>79016316
>this was a bad reboot
Probably because it wasn't a reboot.
>>
>>79016399
I can see how op thinks it's a reboot. In a lot of ways it is.
>>
Someone tell me if this was a good story or not. I can't make up my mind.
>>
>>79016387
That was never ever going to happen you idiot
>>
>>79016316
I want to know what Miles found out when he comes in Ultimate End? In what story did he see what?
>>
>>79016466
No it isn't.
>>
It was pretty straightforward desu familia.
>>
>>79016659
it was an outline for a good story. the 9 issues were like the skeleton of the story but it lacked any meat or depth. It felt like pages and pages were missing, especially towards the end. I was left confused and wondering as to what happened or how it happened or why it happened.
>>
File: tumblr_o0y00kEhrX1uwlmkuo1_1280.jpg (710KB, 1200x1845px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0y00kEhrX1uwlmkuo1_1280.jpg
710KB, 1200x1845px
Get hype
>>
>>79017066
Bueno
>>
>>79017039
This.
That fucking timeskip was BULLSHIT man.
>>
Secret Wars was the comic equivalent of a AAA game: all flash, no content, all for the sake of generating headlines. It's as empty as your average CoD game and as satisfying as a result.
>>
>>79017066

This will be the muh Phoenix of Secret Wars
Can't wait.
>>
>>79017039
>it was an outline for a good story
Pretty much this. Hickman's notes, graphs, and outlines for the book probably make it sound like the greatest comic of all time, but the end result was deeply flawed.

It was the greatest comic that we never got to see.
>>
>>79017219
More like the Bioshock Infinite. Promises depth but turns out to just be yet another shooter.
>>
>>79017265
The whole premise was pretty great and all but Hickman had 3 years some 50+ issues to tell his epic and failed to get anything out of it but a boing slow burn. It's actually kind of depressing.
>>
>>79017364
>>79017265
I wonder how these things work, how much can he really control in comics that arent his? He cant possibly write every single tie-in etc
>>
>>79016316
I enjoyed it. Tie-in's were great. I also like the fact that there's a lot of unanswered questions that could be resolved with some pretty fun stories:

>what happened to battleworld?
>who's in control?
>are there some of the characters that survived the incursions left on battleworld after the big fight?
>are they gonna be incorporated into the new constructed multiverse?
>can molecule man be trusted?
>are the beyonders really dead?
>>
>>79018508
>what happened to battleworld?
Its remains became Battlerealm, where the Contest of Champions is happening.
>>
>>79018508
Shills are gonna shill.
Go back to disney and tell them battle world sucked, and so will the movie
>>
>>79018572
Alrighty. I was wondering where the hell those books were taking place. Hadda hunch it was Battleworld.
>>
File: swhbgh.jpg (344KB, 1988x1496px) Image search: [Google]
swhbgh.jpg
344KB, 1988x1496px
>>79016316
As mentioned in a couple of older threads, I found it to be acceptable but thought Hickman could have easily finished the whole thing in 8 issues or less, he just took too much time setting everything up and by the time he realized he was dawdling too much he needed the ninth issue.
>>
>>79018634
You sir, are a mighty faggot.

Shouldn't you be in a BvS footage countdown thread?
>>
File: 1308530610926.jpg (47KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1308530610926.jpg
47KB, 400x400px
>>79018701
How did I not make this comparison when I read this Wednesday
>>
>>79017039
>it was an outline for a good story.

Exactly. Awesome ideas, moments, set pieces, just really breezily told.
>>
>>79017039
Yes.
Exactly.
>>79017168
Time skips are cool but this is the exact wrong way and reason to do a time skip. All the interesting stuff was run over.
>>
>>79018701
It was originally 8 issues but marvel split it into two parts for more money
>>
>>79019045
Hickman had a #8 obsession throughout the entire series, he probably was pissed when a ninth issue was needed
>>
>>79017066
>A reset-button ending!
Frankly, I saw this coming as soon as Hickman started to kill characters like crazy.
>>
>>79018724
>calls out Marvel shills
>must be a DC fanboy

BvS is also gona suck, comics as a whole suck now more then ever, but /co/ shillisim needs to stop
>>
>>79016659
Like everything Hickman, it starts off strong then peters away into mediocrity before ending in a wet fart.

I can still remember the hype threads as people were screaming their heads off over the ultimate Doom vs. Reed vs. Maker matchup. Instead nothing fucking happened, I barely even remember the tie-ins.
>>
>>79018724
You're the one who started the company wars just now, bro.
>>
What the epiloge issues after #9? Old man logan and silver surfer is all i got
>>
>>79016466
>I can see how op thinks it's a reboot
By not reading comics.
>In a lot of ways it is.
Nup.
>>
>>79019119
>say i enjoy something
>gotta be shilling for it

I agree, comics suck pretty bad right now. I saw maybe 3 compelling titles in all 45 or so that Marvel launched recently.

I get it though. I like something you don't like. I'm a shill.
>>
Is Siege the best tie in?
I really liked that one
>>
>>79017066
Stop shilling your shitty comics
>>
>>79016316

I don't think it was THE shittiest non-cohesive thing ever but it definitely went off the rails pretty quick. it was tight as fuck at the beginning but fell totally apart by SW#4 or #5.

it would have worked a lot better if it had fewer characters and fewer plot points. Phoenix and Captain Marvel ate up page space for no reason, for example. Maker should have betrayed and neutralized Thanos immediately because he was a waste of space, too.

this entire series should have been about Reed+Maker shenanigans, but it just had to be an all-the-characters event, and that fucked it up. well, also Hickman never had any idea what the ending was going to be and had no plan; that also kind of fucked it up
>>
>>79020473
You mean it would work better if marvel wasnt jews and released 50 different comics.
>>
>>79016316
>All i can find is that they are both busy in the Ultimate End.

Those were the duplicate Peter and Miles created by Doom. The survivors, i.e. the originals, were on the rafts.

Alternatively, just blame Bendis for ignoring continuity yet again.
>>
>>79020473
I read the whole thing, who was Maker again? Ultimate Reed?
>>
>>79020473
>also Hickman never had any idea what the ending was going to be and had no plan; that also kind of fucked it up

No, he knew. The problem was that it only depended on Reed, Doom, and the Molecule Man. Everyone and everything else were irrelevant.
>>
I enjoyed it just fine
>>
>>79022188
Yep
>>
Felt pretty rushed.

Worst part was when Spidey c ucked himself.
>>
>>79016316
im just not sure what the point of it all was. are things really that different in the universe now?

more was at stake than in Original Sin, which was basically just a way for them to get rid of Nick Fury and make it as hard as possible for writers to bring him back.

but for this, i just have no real idea yet
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.