[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Captain America: Civil War Will Be More Comedic Than Winter Soldier

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (119KB, 655x380px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
119KB, 655x380px
>There’s no doubt that Captain America: Civil War is going to tug at the heartstrings, and deal with serious issues, but it might end up being a bit more lighthearted than folks might expect. According to the directors, if Captain America: Winter Soldier was a political thriller, you can expect Civil War to be more of a psychological thriller.

>We know the movie will take come cues from the comic, and that given the size of the cast, everyone will get a strong arc but where might the humor come in?

>“There’s a good portion of [Civil War] that’s actually funnier than Winter Soldier, because there are characters in that film, that come from worlds where the tone is more comedic,” the Russos told Collider. “Not all the characters in that movie have the same history as the Avengers. They’re coming at the problem of the film, not embedded with that baggage.”

>“They’re not tied to the central arc of the movie with the same motivation as the other characters, so they can be lighter. I think there are a lot lighter moments because there are much darker moments as well. We did have to work very hard at that.”

http://comicbook.com/2016/01/14/captain-america-civil-war-will-be-more-comedic-than-winter-soldi/

ARE YOU READY FOR MEMEON QUIPMO?
>>
Indifferent really. I was done with the MCU after Thor 1.
>>
I interpret this story to mean "Ant Man and Spider-Man will make jokes"
>>
>>79014340
Because they are the only comedic relief in the movie.
>>
>>79014391
Nigger every character in MCU films are the comedic relief
>>
>>79014458
Heh, spoken like a true DCuck.
>>
>>79014237

Thank fuck, they were trying too hard to be serious.
>>
>>79014237
Why are you faggots still surprised by this? Kevin Feige came right out and said awhile ago that there will never be a serious Marvel movie. It's not like this is new news.
>>
>>79014458
Cap was not a comedic relief in TWS. Russo's said in a interview that Ant-man and Spider-man are the comedic relief and that the rest of the crew will deal with some heavy moral shit.
>>
>>79014518
This. Their movies are a little too grim for me, it's nice to see a change of pace and see something a little more lighthearted for once.
>>
>>79014237
>Winter Soldier is my favorite Marvel movie
>put my faith in Russo bros even though Civil War is pretty trash
>'we're gunna make the plot more retarded and quippier than Winter Soldier'

fucking why
>>
>>79014536
Chimichangas or shawarma?
>>
>>79014547
That's not what they said at all, you stupid fuck.

What, you suddenly want Ant-Man and Spiderman to be super grim and serious? It wouldn't make sense for their characters. Unlike Whedon, they won't make everyone in the team quip every 5 seconds.

>“They’re not tied to the central arc of the movie with the same motivation as the other characters, so they can be lighter. I think there are a lot lighter moments because there are much darker moments as well. We did have to work very hard at that.”
>>
>>79014586
chimichangas are a deadpool thing.
>>
>>79014586
I believe that Cap wants Chimichangas and Iron man wants Shawarma.

which side are you on
>>
>>79014607
I couldn't remember any other food. Shame on me.
>>
>>79014622
Shawarma >> chimichanga
Cap >> Iron Man

Now I'm conflicted.
>>
>>79014664
The real Civil War has begone!!!

The Inner War!!!
>>
File: i want off this wild ride.jpg (70KB, 533x443px) Image search: [Google]
i want off this wild ride.jpg
70KB, 533x443px
>>79014681
My stomach says Iron Man, but my heart says Cap.

It's a terrible feel.
>>
>>79014237
Yeah, we already had a thread about this yesterday.

Much shitposting and hijinks ensured.
>>
File: Don`t CRY.jpg (60KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
Don`t CRY.jpg
60KB, 700x700px
>>79014716
What have we done?!?!
>>
>>79014534
This for real. He came right out and fucking said it, are you all retarded or in denial?
>>
>They’re not tied to the central arc of the movie with the same motivation as the other characters
So Spiderman and Ant-man are gonna have their own motivations? Why even put them in the movie if they don't actually give a shit about the main conflict?
They could spend the time used on their setups to actually flesh out the Cap and Iron Man's story more. Do they really need comic relief characters that much?
>>
I don't get why I should apparently be prizing joyless superhero movies where everyone shoots a lot of guns and nobody ever has sex.

The best Marvel movie so far has clearly been GotG but some reason, inexplicable to me, people give a very good review to both Avengers 1 and Captain America: the Winter Soldier. Is it an American thing? I know Americans have that messed up sex/violence complex where the former is far more obscene and offensive than the latter for some reason. Does that extend to comedy? I'm not exactly wild about Whedon-style jokes but personally I welcome a Captain America movie that might have a bit more levity to it.
>>
>>79014908
why the fuck would civil war need sex in it

having lots of jokes is dumb if theyre trying to have it be a serious film at the same time. see: age of ultron
>>
File: 1446660877125.png (45KB, 1325x157px) Image search: [Google]
1446660877125.png
45KB, 1325x157px
>ITT: Everyone whines about something they will later enjoy when the movie comes out

You faggots are so predictable it's pitiful.
>>
>>79014793
There are several degrees of "serious."

Feige may have just meant there will be no Marvel equivalent of a Serbian Film, and not that there will never be a Marvel equivalent of say, the Terminator 1 or Jaws or anything else that is more serious than the Ghostbusters/Die Hard level that most Marvel movies are on
>>
>>79014983
>why the fuck would civil war need sex in it
You can bet you ass people fuck during civil wars, merkin.
>>
>>79014486
Dude literally every character in the Marvel movies makes jokes, you can't deny that
>>
>>79014486
>DCuck
How do you even pronounce that?
D-Cuck? DC-uck?
>>
>>79015305
I do it more like "Duck"
>>
>>79015305
DC Cuck
>>
>>79015305
I read it in my head as DuhCuck
>>
IT
JUST
KEEPS
HAPPENING
>>
>directors say the film will have a balanced tone
>/co/ loses its collective shit
Everytime
>>
>>79015305
Same as MCUck
>>
>>79014486
wat, this isn't a subjective thing. The only movie I wouldn't consider a comedy or light hearted is The Incredible Hulk. Then avengers went ahead and made Hulk a quipper too. The movies have varying degrees of comedy but I wouldn't say any of them are dark.
>>
>>79015706
That doesn't answer anything!
Is there a FoxCuck for people who really like the X-Men movies?
>>
Movie is gonna suck

Also remember in Avengers, when Iron Man seemed powerful and fought one on one with Thor? Now we're supposed to believe he can be beaten up by Cap and Metal arm guy
>>
>>79015857
No, you just post
>Fox
Along with a smug anime girl.
>>
>>79015967
wat
>>
>>79015934
>fought one on one with thor
A much weaker Thor than the comics, and in that same fight, Thor was wrecking his shit, and he only fought back after the power boost, and Thor STILL gained the upper hand and would have won if Cap hadn't stepped in

>Can be beaten up by Cap and Bucky
Or maybe, yknow, hes not trying to kill them because he still wants to be friends? And also, he has a huge exploitable weakness thanks to his arc reactor which Cap and Bucky can just punch until it goes boom, which is easy for them and hard for Tony to deal with two fucks knocking him around over and over again.
Don't mistake "beating up" with "overwhelming"
>>
>>79015857
No

FOXBOT
FOX SHILL

MARVELDRONE
MARVELSHILL
MARVELKEK
MKEK
>>
>>79014586
>>79014664
>>79014681
>>79014716
>>79014783
It's like I'm really on Reddit!
>>
>>79015049
No he meant serious as in weighted emotions, and serious plot and character development. Idk why people try to hold these children's movies to higher standards than like Cars 2 or Toy Story.
>>
>>79023404
Exactly. People need to accept that Marvel is owned by Disney, so if there was any chance of a "serious" Marvel film, that's been shot now.

Literally, the same fans on tumblr who go and see the mcu are also the same people who watch the Disney princess movies. stop it guys.
>>
>>79015049
Lars von Trier will direct Avengers 4.
>>
>>79014340
This. The clickbait article's title is like comicbook.com is trolling /co/.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.