[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone reading this? Is it worth a shot even if I'm not a furry?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: IMG-20151225-WA0005.jpg (291KB, 960x710px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20151225-WA0005.jpg
291KB, 960x710px
Anyone reading this?
Is it worth a shot even if I'm not a furry?
>>
>>79012631
yes. great art. if anything buy all the stories just for the gorgeous art.
>>
It is your typical Noir story, nothing so new except that the characters are animals.

Art is probaby the selling point of Blacksad, but I really wish that the women didnt look like some sort of mutant human in those comics.
>>
>>79012631
Yes yes, we all know Blacksad transcends the normal anti-furry bias. Move the fuck along.
>>
File: 1426288641405.jpg (30KB, 480x473px) Image search: [Google]
1426288641405.jpg
30KB, 480x473px
>>79012631
>Is it worth a shot even if I'm not a furry?
No, you won't understand a thing and will be very confused at the end of each chapter.
You must be extremely deep into furry community to even have a chance in understanding and appreciating of the book.
I'd recommend having: at least 4-7 years of experience in furry community and no less then 1 fursona, before even trying to read it.
Good luck.
>>
>>79013018
>>79013096
Do people actually think the art is something special?
Pretty much anything by the big 2 has more refined art than this.
It's experimental yes but nothing to write home about
>>
File: ZA BAITO.gif (730KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
ZA BAITO.gif
730KB, 625x626px
>>79014873
>>
File: ain't right.jpg (9KB, 217x225px) Image search: [Google]
ain't right.jpg
9KB, 217x225px
>>79014873
That bait ain't right
>>
So what actually defines something as "furry"?

Is anything with anthropomorphic animals in it furry?

What's the difference between things like Blacksad, Usagi Yojimbo, or Lackadaisy, and shit like TwoKinds?
>>
>>79015318
For me it becomes furry when it's intended to be seen as sexual.
>>
>>79015318
>What's the difference between things like Blacksad, Usagi Yojimbo, or Lackadaisy, and shit like TwoKinds?
Titles.
>>
>>79015318
>What's the difference between things like Blacksad, Usagi Yojimbo, or Lackadaisy, and shit like TwoKinds?

the former are well crafted concepts with a solid grasp of the stylistic choices they make for storytelling purposes, the later is the furry waifu fantasy of a teenager that materialized and kept going for years until it's true nature was buried under the clumsy attempts at story getting piled on it overtime.
>>
>>79015375
>>79015396
Blacksad has plenty of tits and sexualized anthro women.
>>
>>79015698
Yeah, but all women are just humans in face paint.

There are some who have animal faces, but they're not sexualized at all.
>>
>>79015698
>sexualized anthro women.
Present(in all way or another) in all four provided examples.
So, like I said the difference is Titles.
>>
>>79015772
>>79015916

The Jaguar exotic dancer was way more animal than the other girls and she was practically naked
>>
>>79015318
Nothing. People still living under that stupid boogeyman.
>>
>>79015318
Furry is about identity and sexualization. you identify with the animals because they're animals, and you find it sexually exciting.

Art like Blacksad, old disney movies, etc., you identify with the characters despite them being animals, and their animalistic appearance is used to enhance some aspects of the character.
>>
>>79012631
Did you were in that thread yesterday?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.