[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is the arc reactor exposed? Wouldn't it make him vulnerable?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8

File: 1.jpg (53KB, 780x439px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
53KB, 780x439px
Why is the arc reactor exposed?
Wouldn't it make him vulnerable?
>>
Why doesn't he have Vertical stabilizers for flying?
>>
>>78996351
If the arc reactor wasn't exposed it would heat up the suit too much and boil him alive.

Furthermore the better protected the arc reactor is, the harder it is to replace it with a fresh one in an emergency.

It's safe enough from conventional bullets and a good degree of blunt trauma. Anything more would produce diminishing returns in terms of sacrifices vs protection
>>
>>78996351

HE DEAD
>>
File: 1.jpg (31KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
31KB, 630x420px
>>78996439
Surely it would effect this woman he's carrying. Also, that's not how heat works, the surrounding metal plates should be superhot
>>
>>78996539
*Have an effect

My bad.
>>
>gentlemen, how do we kill the Iron Man?
>have we tried shooting him in the chest?
>>
Why is he called iron man?
>>
Why is he called iron man?
>>
>>78996539
It's got a unidirectional light. It's venting in that direction.

He doesn't carry that woman like that for hours at a time.
>>
>>78996351
Is that light even the arc reactor itself? I thought it was a repulsor disk over the reactor.
>>
>>78996351
>Why is the arc reactor exposed?
It's not, it's encased in the suit the same way it was when it was literally attached to his chest/heart.

If the question is why is it visible, the answer is Tony's very style > substance, but he backs it up with a lot of substance.
>>
It draws fire to the most plot-armor protected area of his suit.
>>
>>78996864
this.
>>
>>78996351
Bucky probably ripped it out to stop him from using the suit. Remember that shot in the trailer where Bucky is grabbing at Tony's reactor?
>>
Tony's IM armour never fully retracted the helmet like that before, did it? It was just the faceplate?
Gotta get dat maximum RDJ facetime
>>
how will he shoot chest beams?
>>
Are these new Civil War screens?
>>
>>79001442
But that's a different scene, anon.

In terms of character arcs and such, it's IMHO most likely Wanda, after her repressed emotions are massively janked up and unleashed by unlocking more powers via Vision using the Mind Gem thinking that will solve things peacefully).
>>
File: 2221.jpg (75KB, 259x304px) Image search: [Google]
2221.jpg
75KB, 259x304px
>>78996351
That's actually a repulsor emitter for the unibeam/chest beam. Even during the periods when the arc reactor was inside his chest, the chestplate of the armor was too thick for the glowing disk to have been the actual reactor itself.

However, the "Bleeding Edge" armor design from Fraction's Invincible Iron Man run (after Tony brought himself back from vegetable state) DID have a partially exposed chest power source, and it was a weakness. During Fear itself Asgardian hulk cracked the housing, and then later Living Laser elbowed him in the chest and managed to make his heart stop or something like that.
>>
File: iron man3.jpg (134KB, 2048x1448px) Image search: [Google]
iron man3.jpg
134KB, 2048x1448px
>>78996761
>>78996762
>21:35:13
whoah, why IS he called iron man?
>>
>>79002410
i loved what they did with the living laser in that run.
>>
>>78996413
He uses precise engines and does the corrections in software.
>>
>>79001707
His helmet had been ripped off
>>
File: 40ouotk.jpg (193KB, 669x1045px) Image search: [Google]
40ouotk.jpg
193KB, 669x1045px
>>78996351
He's suppose to be able to shoot reactor beams from there.
>>
>>79002787
But there's another scene in the trailer where it all mechanically retracts
>>
>>79001442
WM's chest plating is blown out from the inside. Similar to what Wanda did to Ultron in AoU, so it was most likely her.
>>
So what are the chances that Civil War is going to look like an actual "war"?

I liked Age of Ultron well enough but the fact that there was little of an "age" of Ultron (in the sense of Ultron actually dominating) triggered my autism.

Are there enough heroes/villains/powers/faction in MCU to make anything like the large-scale battles of the original event (or even something like the battle of NY from Avengers), or will we be limited to a series of fairly destructive-but-otherwise-minor street brawls in the manner of Hulk v Tony etc?
>>
Do they still use those real plastic I think suits on set? Or it's all CGI now?
>>
>>79004099
>>79002257
It's giant man u idiots. You think wanda caught up to war machine in flight? Or do you think he landed, walked up to her and tried to punch her in the face?

Idiots.
>>
>>78996351
If I took that reactor off, would he die?
>>
>>79004616
Why dont u look up the civil war set pics for urself autist?
>>
>>79004464
Tony is backed by the government so there should be at least one scene of team freedom vs 200 armed soldiers in time square
>>
>>79004645
No.
>>
>>79002823
Yes that's before it gets ripped off by cap
>>
>>79004641
the hole's too small to be gi.ant-man's fist
>>
>>79004668
But he's a pretty small guy.
>>
>>79004645
It would be extremely painful
>>
>>79004641
Ant-Man is the comic relief he won't do anything too sad or dark.
>>
File: i aint gotta explain shit.gif (296KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
i aint gotta explain shit.gif
296KB, 400x300px
>>78996351
>>
>>78996705
>if we shoot him in the chest, won't he explode and take us all with him?
>...we need a new plan
>What about the face?
>Yeah, he opens that helmet a lot.
>Let's shoot him in the face
>>
>>78996351
cause stupid dumb capeshit scum
>>
>>78996762
>>78996761

Agreed, isn't "titaniumman" more fitting?
>>
Why didn't he get PTSD from the events in Ironman 1?
>>
>>79008787
I think TinMan would be more fitting. Cleverly referencing the Tin man from the Wizard of Oz, who was missing a heart, simirarly as Bruce Wayne has a need for the fusion reactor in his chest to live.

I mean, i do this for free and im better than these comic book writers.
>>
>>79004701

u have autism.

>>79005738
rhodey is K'Od not dead fool
>>
Why does he have two eye holes in the helmet?
>>
>>79008816
>Bruce Wayne
>>
>>79004701
It was clearly done by blunt force drama. Hence him being unconscious. Unless you are implying WM's arc reactor being would hurt rhodey in any way. It would just stop the suit from running properly.
>>
>>79009278
trauma*
>>
File: Cherenkov radiation.jpg (74KB, 1024x680px) Image search: [Google]
Cherenkov radiation.jpg
74KB, 1024x680px
>>79004645
No but you and everyone within several hundred meters would die a horrible death.
>>
How come Mjolner can fly and is magic?
>>
This is a really huge device to have in your chest.

Like, that's easily half the size of his heart, and only an inch or two of it's length extends out from his chest.

He's at the very least missing a large slab of his sternum, where his ribs centrally attach, and considering your heart is flush with the front of your mediastinum, it has to be pushed back quite a bit. There just isn't enough volume without losing some of it to say, his lungs. Maybe the surgeon did a lobectomy.

I'm not saying "hurr durr unrealistic stupid comic book science", I just never thought about this before. I wouldn't mind getting a PA and lateral chest x-ray of Tony, if I had the chance. The surgery scene in IM3 didn't have that in the background did they? Operations often have CT or X-Rays projected on a scree inside the operating room.
>>
>>79009341
Thats balony propaganda to scare off his killers.
>>
>>79005715
He's a small guy.
>>
>>79009578

Didn't he finally get the arc reactor removed and the surgery done on his heart in Iron Man 3? Presumably he had his bones reinforced or rebuilt or whatever.
>>
>>79009655
Yeah, I'd imagine he could have gotten a bone graft done. I mean, that's not even comic book science. That's just real life orthopaedics/plastics.

I'm just wondering about the internal structure of his chest when he has this pretty big reactor and magnet inside of him.
>>
>>79009655
a titanium anchor point for his ribs to attach to then? truly he is a man of metal
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.