[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Adam Warlock

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (53KB, 325x501px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53KB, 325x501px
Anyone else a fan of the cosmic badass? I fucking loved Jim starlin's run. Do you think he'll be in the infinity war movies?
>>
>>78995929
>Do you think he'll be in the infinity war movies?

Nope.
>>
>>78995964
Why not? He's pretty much essential to thanos's character
>>
>>78995929
>>78995964
Yea, considering how MCU Vision is basically Warlock in all but name and physical appearance, I don't see it happening.

Which is fine; I'd rather have them go all out with him (have him literally go insane like in the Magus story), and that certainly wouldn't happen given what we've seen of the MCU so far.
>>
>>78995929
hope so, I really like the concept of Warlock/Magus as in one being the perfect human and the other the mad prophet of a religion of death
only read about him in DnA cosmic and Infinity War tho
I don't think he'll be in the mcu, his backstory is a bit convulted and who the hell has the High Evolutionary movie rights anyway?
>>
>>78996059
Guardians 2 is his last hope, fingers crossed. He's way better then vision
>>
>>78996137
I like Adam marginally better, but I'm just reading the room.

And as "sekrit klub" as this sounds, I'm kind of glad that he's not getting into the eye of the mainstream. The appeal of a character like Adam is that he just too weird to be considered a typical superhero. He suits the type of stories that don't fit the mold of most of Marvel properties, and I don't want to see him crammed into the mold of an Iron Man or Captain America tale. Either go full metaphysical/philosophical cosmic (which again, they won't do) or go home.

I'm hoping they don't botch Strange in this regard, as the same applies to him.
>>
>>78996220
Yeah, the weird philosophy of warlock is why I like him. At the same time though, in infinity gauntlet he plays more of a "mystery badass" role, something the movies could incorporate. I think a standalone would be bad. Dr Strange will probably be the more modern one, with more weird humor and less dark magic
>>
>>78996123
>I really like the concept of Warlock/Magus as in one being the perfect human and the other the mad prophet of a religion of death
It was more that Magus represented, however unrepentant, the breadth of one's achievement. Warlock naturally becomes a creature of power, and by right of existence expands his rule using the Church of Instrumentality.Thanos opposes this on the grounds of it encroaching on the personal "tranquility"/freedom of death.

I just didn't really like DnA's oversimplification to "religion is bad," which wasn't the point of the Starlin stuff. There wasn't a clear cut bad guy, more of a "which is honestly worse?" You should really get around to reading it if you haven't.

>>78996376
>with more weird humor and less dark magic
Sadly, the articles I've seen here seems to point that way. But one could always hope.
>>
>>78995964
>>78996059
>>78996123

Just so everyone is clear - we are all aware that Adam Warlock has ALREADY been Easter Egged in the movies, right? They show his birthing pod pre- and post-hatch in the Collector's museum.
>>
>>78995929
I really dig this character.
It's a shame that he's been made a jobber by so many current writers.
>>
>>78996626
Which Gunn has already said was used solely because it looked cool. He has no plans to introduce him, and it really doesn't look like they will.
>>
>>78996680
Alright, I was unaware of that, but then this is a single director, not the MCU head. What did Feige say about it?
>>
>>78996926
I personally haven't heard anything Feige said on the matter.

But if you've read the original Saga of Adam Warlock, it's pretty clear that MCU Vision is taking his place. They don't just share superficial similarities (gem on head, born in a cocoon), but they're ideologically the same, too. That whole speech on existentialism and the nature of "being" at the end of AoU was exactly the type of thing that happened in Starlin's original stuff, something Whedon confessed being a huge fan of.

He'd just be redundant at this point.
>>
>>78996926
All I know is that Gunn never had any intention of ever using warlock, he just thought the cocoon would look cool in a background shot. He said he regretted ever putting it in because now people think adam is flying around somewhere in the MCU. That, and it doesn't make sense to have two characters with a gem in their head.
>>
>>7899592
If you look closely in the Collector's collection in Guardians of the Galaxy, you can see something resembling a cuccoon and in the post credits scene, it is open and it's confirmed by James Gunn that it is in fact Adam Warlock's cuccoon

I really hope they do bring him in as I have a theory he's starlords father in the cinematic universe and he's also a key hero against Thanos and I think they'd be missing out if they choose not to include him
(HUGE fan of Warlock and Thanos)
>>
>>78997097

It's possible, but saying "pretty clear" is fan-wishing wankery. Nothing is clear and Feige HAS said he's leaving lots of room for shifts and rewrites. Vision's always had a gem on his head, and was built, not born, so your superficial similarities don't even line up, what to speak of the reaching ideological ones.

You can keep your idea that Vision is going to be the ultimate good guy vs. thanos, though. Have fun.

>>78997194
And I know Adam's cocoon appeared in Taylor's work before Gunn's, so again - what does it matter what he says?

>>78997194
>it doesn't make sense to have two characters with a gem in their head.
Half of the Infinity Watch kept the gem on their forehead.
>>
>>78997259
>I have a theory he's starlords father in the cinematic universe
I'm not one who needs every adaptation to be 1:1 with the comics, but this would get me fairly peeved. If you're going to have character A essentially take the comics' role of character B, then adapt character B as something completely different, why not just make character A the one that gets re-imagined?

>>78997342
>You can keep your idea that Vision is going to be the ultimate good guy vs. thanos, though. Have fun.
Never said anything of the sort, especially since I think he's replacing Warlock (who's far from an ultimate good guy himself).

Given the context of the films (Vision born/built ex nihilo from a cocoon, an explicit Infinity Gem on his forehead) the physical similarities line up. And again, the ideologies are extremely obvious if you've read the material. Yes, they could very well do what the other anon I replied to says. But even then, why care? Are you really getting Adam Warlock at that point anyway?
>>
>>78995929
> Adam Warlock and Doctor Strange lead the fight against Thanos.

> Vision and Scarlet Witch are their lieutenants/apprentices.
>>
File: adam-warlock.jpg (71KB, 360x464px) Image search: [Google]
adam-warlock.jpg
71KB, 360x464px
>>78997537
>Vision born/built ex nihilo from a cocoon, an explicit Infinity Gem on his forehead

That is nothing like the origin of Adam Warlock.

>if you've read the material

You keep saying this, but everything you post points to you not reading the material. As for the ideals...pic related.

>Are you really getting Adam Warlock at that point anyway?

You aren't getting anything close to Adam with a sentient Mind Gem stuck in a robot either. How you can even equate the two is boggling to me. If anything, Vision would replace the naive-yet-powerful Silver Surfer, who has a reason to be missing from the Infinity Saga.
>>
File: adam warlock savior.jpg (580KB, 800x1112px) Image search: [Google]
adam warlock savior.jpg
580KB, 800x1112px
Or perhaps I missed it. Is there a part in Age of Ultron where Vision is sent to redeem a world and gets crucified as its savior?
>>
>>78998174
>That is nothing like the origin of Adam Warlock.
>being born ex nihilo from a cocoon is not the origin of Adam Warlock
>what is FF 65-67

>the material
see >>78996583
Adam is in a constant struggle between accepting his future as the power-hungry Magus and listening to Thanos and cosmically offing himself--an existential crisis on a cosmic scale. The dichotomy of life vs. death, "purpose vs. non-purpose," and what it means to simply "be" when you want to reject both of these outcomes is exactly what MCU Vision paraphrased when talking to that Ultron bot at the end of AoU.

>How you can even equate the two is boggling to me.
Again, I'm equating ideology/characterization.

Why are you getting so hostile about this? I clearly like Adam as much as you do; it's not like I'm (completely) against seeing him on the screen. I'm just analyzing the situation.
>>
>>78998401
Warlock was created to be the perfect soldier. Vision was created to stop the need for soldiers. Warlock was reimagined as a savior to a world. Vision was reimagined as an AI melded with an Infinity Stone. Warlock was a soul-wise mentor in the Infinity Saga. Vision barely had a part as background art. They are nothing alike.

>Again, I'm equating ideology/characterization.
You are failing miserably.

>Why are you getting so hostile about this?
Your stupidity is painful. You're twisting lore to fit a hypothesis that is terrible.
>>
Didn't they said that the Magus may appear?
>>
I actually like Warlock as one of the crazier creations to come out of Starlin. The original tale is one of the better examples of 70's inspired sci-fi madness. The character's original arc on Counter-Earth and his Universal Church arc actually made me think of him as something of a strange romantic/sturm-und-drang kind of character.

I'm not sure I'd like an MCU version, it would depend on how well they could pull off Space Jesus.
Never had the courage to read Infinity Ward after the Gauntlet arc, however, is it worth it?

Also I think that the Giffen/DnA era incarnation of GoTG hosts the most messiahs: Warlock, Mantis, Pete/Star-Lord, and Captain Universe
>>
>>78996680
I thought starlin said in an interview that he had to change the title of Warlock: The Infinity Entity to The Infinity Entity for movie related reasons.
>>
>>78996059
Aside from the gem in his forehead how is he like Adam?
>>
>>78999740
>Infinity Ward
If you mean Infinity War, I actually think it's better than Gauntlet. It doesn't have nearly as much fluff to it, and feels like a well paced, focused story. Not nearly as explosive, but it works for what it is.

If you mean (Warlock and the) Infinity Watch, it's sort of a mixed bag. Starts off pretty weak, gets good around the middle (the tie-ins are actually the best issues), and then fizzles out at the end. It's only a decent series overall.

>>78999908
Never heard of this. If anything, I would guess he'd have to take out Warlock's name because he's tied up in the FF rights.

>>79000217
Follow the ensuing comment chain.
>>
>>78999908
I know him from reading the DnA stuff and Annihilation Conquest and I am just starting Starlin's stuff but so far I am liking him.

That said Nicole Perlman said she was going to have Magus in her Gamora solo comic so who knows how that's going to go.
>>
>>79000351
>>78999740
>Infinity Ward
A Marvel event where Grant Ward has all of the Infinity gems stuck all over his body and proceeds to wreck shit for Hydra.
>>
>>79000367
What happened to the Gamora comic? Wasn't it supposed to launch a while ago?
>>
>>79000483
I recently asked Brevoort about it in his tumblr and he said it was still coming out, didn't answer when though.

I am mildly excited about it because Nicole wrote a draft for the GotG movie before Gunn came aboard and she said she read a lot of Cosmic Marvel stuff for it including GotG comic with the original Guardians, old school Stat-Lord, Nova, Starlin's stuff, to the modern Cosmic Marvel stuff from the 2000's.

So she seems to know her stuff and supposedly her version of the GotG script had Rich in it as well as Peter Quill as a NASA astronaut.
>>
>>79000351
Nope, I realize I meant Infinity Watch. Where Drax is on a team with Warlock.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.