[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

THE FLASH

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 1

File: The Flash.jpg (234KB, 656x343px) Image search: [Google]
The Flash.jpg
234KB, 656x343px
One thing that I think could differentiate the movie from the TV show is emphasizing the Flash as a people's heroes. Within the context of the DCEU, Superman stands apart from the human race, Batman is regarded as a myth, Wonder Woman is unknown to the public, Cyborg doesn't even exist, Green Lantern isn't around and Aquaman is just an angry king.

The Flash would, be default, be the only hero that gets up-close and personal, that stops petty crimes, helps people on a more personal, approachable level. I think that's something they can play with, make him champion for human interest stuff like helping charities and improving people's lives. Just make him a nice guys that does nice things other heroes might oversee.

Just don't make him an edgy and somber "god among men".
>>
Making him operate alone would be good, as a contrast to the "Team Flash" in the show. He could have monologues.
>>
>>78991104
That's not differentiating him from the tv Flash at all, as CW Flash is shown helping civilians and is beloved by his city. You're just talking about differentiating him from other DC movie heroes.
>>
>>78991175
The show is way more of a "tell don't show" in that area. At least compared to events in actual Flash comics.
>>
>>78991145
No. He needs someone to bounce off from. Just go with the usual: Iris knows, and have older Jay Garrick as his sage mentor and Speed Force mentor.

Monologues suck in superhero movies.

>>78991175
CW does it, but not much, because they're usually caught in the ovearching plot. I guess emphasizing it could work. I don't know.
>>
>>78991253
>Monologues suck in superhero movies.

Barry is all about that inner monologue.
It's how he pumps himself up.
>>
>>78991207
We get a lot of Flash helping people and just being nice, though.

>Paiting the building in seconds
>Giving some random woman fighting with her husband flowers
>Nudging a couple of betas together so one of them has guts to make the first move
>Rebuilding buildings destroyed in his fights at night (TAKE A HINT, SUPERMAN)
>>
>>78991253
He can have some close people knowing, but not the same amount at the show, and also not communicating with him while he operates.

Also, monologues can work if they do it right, specially considering they will probably go for a lighter tone for his movie. Monologues are a big part of Flash too.
>>
Eisenberg being offered the role first should tell a lot about how the character is gonna be
>>
>>78991303
Yeah, but it would really help the movie to amp it up
>>
>>78991207
Dude, they literally held a "Flash Day" event.
>>
>>78991344
Felt rather unearned.
>>
>>78991331
Quit making shit up.
>>
>>78991331
We don't know which role he was offered.
>>
>>78991379
He saved pretty much the entire world from that black hole, deserves at least a medal.
>>
>>78991948
Helped.
And wasn't even the deciding factor.
>>
>Batman hides in the shadows, Superman flies above, but Flash runs among us
>>
>>78991966
He was one of them.
>>
>>78991145

Flash without a supporting cast just doesn't make sense. Every version of the character has had friends, love interests, rivals, mentors, etc. Flash is all ABOUT character connections and relationships.
>>
>>78991966

They don't know that though.
>>
All I want is a Flash who's competent enough to solve problems, show his criminal forensic abilities, and doesn't have a damn cheer squad who knows who he is. He can still have a strong supporting cast like Patty and Iris, but I hate "Team Flash".
>>
>>78991104
>Batman is regarded as a myth,

How could this possibly be true? He'd be all over the internet from day one now. They've literally got footage of the alien who can fly fast enough to achieve escape velocity. Batman drives around in a tank and shoots people with grenades IN THE US. He'd have more people people looking for him than Bin Laden.
>>
>>78993497
>The Man With No Taste
>>
>>78993701
Oh I'm sorry I don't worship the CW show. It's fun and I enjoy watching it but c'mon anon
>>
>>78991104
>and Aquaman is just an angry king
Based on what? Aquaman is probably the best character on the league at shrugging off jokes and hate, only Manta makes him angry. He and Mera just do thier own thing, it's half the characters arc for godsake.

Read a comic next time anon.
>>
>>78991104
Flash will be tough to do because apparently heroes kind of just appeared in the universe. Hard to establish that the City loves Flash when he only now just exists.
>>
>>78993393
OPERATING alone
>>
>>78993393
>Every version of the character has had friends, love interests, rivals, mentors, etc. Flash is all ABOUT character connections and relationships.
Guess you haven't read new 52.
>>
Is this what CW has done, having people think Barry can't function as a hero alone? The guy can get strength from his loved ones but they don't need to know his secret or tell him how to defeat the rogues
>>
>>78991310
I would have maybe just Iris know and then later Jay.

What works for the show doesn't always work for movies.
>>
>>78992345
They made a point of that. Barry didn't want to go because he felt it was undeserved.
>>
>>78994915
It works for the show because of the villain of the week format and plenty of time to develop the relationship with the team. That wouldn't work in the movie.

He can have Iris and someone as Mentor, and even someone to help him at STAR Labs. But a bunch of people telling him what to do everytime he's facing something? That can be changed.
>>
>>78994314

Uh yeah it's got a love triangle between Barry, Iris and Patty, Barry's coworkers factor in heavily into a plot arc involving the speed force, what are you referring to?

Now, granted i haven't been reading since Manapul/Buccelatto left, so I don't know if anything else has been developed or dropped since then.
>>
>>78991104
They should just give a big middle finger to CW and Barry Allen faggo...er...fanboys and reveal that the Flash is Wally West.
>>
>>78995312
Nobody helps Barry telling him what to do when he's facing something, and I think no one knows he's the Flash. This is what we're talking about. The show has like 15 people who knows his identity, and like 5 of them constantly helps him figuring out what to do through the com.
>>
>>78995312
>Uh yeah it's got a love triangle between Barry, Iris and Patty, Barry's coworkers factor in heavily into a plot arc involving the speed force, what are you referring to?
All of that was thrown out and nothing developed further.
>>
>>78995433
Wallyfags are pathetic.
>>
>>78995671
But Wally is a better Flash than Barry.
>>
>>78995455
I swear it's the same crap on the show. "Guys what do I do? Run faster. Got it." I hope the movie at least tries to show Barry's intellect
>>
>>78995671
But Wally is best Flash.
They had to Kill Barry because he was so shit tier.
>>
>>78995817
>>78996225
Yes and?
It doesnt make your bitching any less pathetic.
>>
>>78996298
But squeaky wheel....
Squeaky wheel
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.