[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Earth 2 - Society 008 storytime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 21

>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>78951275
>Alan being business as fuck
>round table
FINALLY

>>78951287
>Khalid
>Wonder
HOLY SHIT THANK YOU BASED ABNETT
>>
>too late to salvage anything
>not bad enough to be care about
>>
>>
>>
>>78951332
>>78951308
>>78951287
>This Dodds
kek
I know its too late but I'm gonna enjoy what I can
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
And that's all folks
>>
That was pretty good
>Aquawoman and Hawkgirl and Fury fighting on the cover
Look, we're even back to the lying covers!
>>
>>78951494
Eh. I managed to enjoy the Green Lantern parts, but the rest didn't do anything for me. Thanks OP.
>>
>Alan is now businessman Swamp Thing instead of Green Dr. Manhattan
I'll allow it

That was better than most of beep boop's tripe but I'm still not sold

And I dislike that Flash is still a quippy dumbass
>>
>>78951525
Well Hawkgirl was fighting amazons
>>
I haven't read any Earth 2 besides this and the last issue. What's was so bad about the previous issues?This one was average.
>>
>>78951773
E2 was meant to be about re-establishing a new JSA/place for golden age heroes. At the start under James Robinson it had really good characterization, then he left due to DC breaking a promise and editor its well known he doesn't work well with came on.
Then it became Ultimate DC
>>
>>78951896
Is the James Robinson run worth buying in a trade? I've heard mixed things about him.
>>
>>78951773
Ultimatum happened, everybody got written like an asshole, hero vs hero abounded, the cast got taken over by Batman and Superman
>>
>>78951945
Its some of his better stuff since he really understands his Golden Age heroes. I'd say give it a shot, its only the first 3 trades of E2. You might be annoyed at the cliffhanger though
>>
>>78951945
Robinson's run: yes
Tylor's run: maybe. It's not BAD, but it focuses A LOT(or too much, YMMV) on Bat-Dat, Lois Tornado and Super-Zod
Everytyhing else until now: OH GOD NO!
Abnett's run: this is the first issue
>>
>>78952211
>It's not BAD,
Bitch, it character assassinates so many
>>
>>78952239
Actually, I don't remember much character assassination in Taylor's run.
Especially because 90% of the characters are Lois, Bat-Dad, Jimmy and Val-Zod, who weren't characters in Robinson's run.

It's AFTER Taylor everything goes to hell.
>>
>>78951385
>cutting my own thro-
Dibbler no
>>
>>78952280
>Actually, I don't remember much character assassination in Taylor's run.

>Terry
>>
>>78952337
...Terry did something in Tylor's run?
>>
>>78952337
>>78952376
Terry kept Val Zod imprisoned and was also somewhat responsible for the cyro prison I think.
>>
>>78952440
>>78952376
He also became "the man" that Taylor used Jimmy to soapbox against
>>
Can I get a link to the older issues?
>>
>>78952501
You don't want to get a link to older issues
>>
>>78951205
Is this going to be as off-the-rails insane as Batman Odyssey?
>>
>>78952555
We can only hope
>>
>>78952440
>>78952454
that's not really character assassination, though
>>
>>78952555
Yes.

The new Kryptonians are from Counter Earth (which is unclear if Adams believes in or not), and there's going to be New Gods and it's going to be crazy.
>>
>>78952535
Maybe I just wanna see if they're as bad as you say?
>>
>>78951896
I mangled the characterization, these are not the JSA characters. It has a dedicated fanbase on CO for some reason.
>>
>>78952694
There are some things that should require effort to read. Countdown, Earth 2: World's End, etc.

They're out there if you really want to read them, but they're not something to spoonfeed. Because they're shit.
>>
>>78951945
No, Batman Wonder Woman and Superman die on page 1. Huntress and Power girl fuck off to Earth zero. Then a bunch of people die. Robinson doesn't spend enough time with the characters telling us WHY we should care that this world is rekt.

>>78952211
>>78952239
Taylor, if anything, actually portrays lois and other characters like they are supposed to be. Taylor's run is more entertaining in that unlike Robinson he does what he did with Injustice. Takes a shit concept and has fun with it.

Everything else, Pak's first four issues are brilliant and should have been the starting point for E2. You have to actually engage in world building.

Taylor left E2 and it got passed off to increasingly bad writers. Abnett's run is just his usual trying to clean up after a shit era.
>>
>>78952949
>Batman Wonder Woman and Superman die on page 1
>a bad thing
Fuck off
>>
>>78952949
>Takes a shit concept and has fun with it.
>a shit concept
>has fun with it
Neither of those are true

> Pak's first four issues are brilliant
"Batman and Superman should be fascist!"
>>
>>78953109
Don't you remember those Supermanchild moments? Where everyone has dinner around the table?
>>
>dat knowledge of Robinson's run
>dat lack of anything offensively terrible
>dat roundtable
If only Abnett was starting with a clean slate.
>>
>>78951287
Oh hey it's qt brown Steel
>>
ok this was good better than the mess before it
>>
>>78953349
Those were good in a kind 'how the fuck did we reach this point this is ridiculous' kind of way
>>
>>78952981
This is who like the Robinson shit, trinity haters.
>>
>>78953109

What if Alan Scott were gay? What if Garrick quipped? What if JSA was....TUMBLR!
>>
>>78957362
>What if Garrick quipped?

You make it sound like he never did.
>>
>>78951381

Same here, that was a fun scene if you forget about all the stupidity that precedes this run.
>>
>>78952846

There's a dedicated fanbase of JSA fans here. Earth 2 under Robinson scratched a lot of that itch that was missing between Johns' run of the team and the New 52 reboot.

If abnett can keep up this good set of character dynamics, then we may be back to a not-shit place with the book for once.
>>
>>78951381
Vote for Dodds in the coming Free Election. He'll send a team.
>>
>>78957715

Hey sometimes you just need a crew that can Get Shit Done without the drama.
>>
>>78957339
I don't hate the trinity, I just want at least one earth which doesn't revolve around them.
>>
Bump for readers.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.