[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm over 2 years late but I just finished binging on Futurama.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: 2016-01-13-20-12-35.jpg (470KB, 1280x718px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-13-20-12-35.jpg
470KB, 1280x718px
I'm over 2 years late but I just finished binging on Futurama.
So what did you guys think of the finale?
>>
I don't like how they made fry a suicidal little bitch
>>
File: 1XZGE3N.jpg (43KB, 350x263px) Image search: [Google]
1XZGE3N.jpg
43KB, 350x263px
Lame as shit, this forced romance ranks as one of the very worst in all mediums in all art forms ever.
>>
>>78948315
Glad I share somewhat the same opinion.
I still can't see why it's praised so much by everyone, for me it lacked some closure with everyone else in the show.
>>
>>78948400
I'm glad they gave zoidberg a happy ending the episode before
>>
It was pretty good. Not their best finale. Hopefully the next one will be even better
>>
I like Fry and Leela, truly I do. But the finals need to stop focusing on just them.

Also, they have a wedding but all the characters are frozen? Nah, that's not a happy ending to me. Fry and Leela were ok with it, but I wasn't.
>>
>>78948459
It's gonna get revived again?
>>
>>78948510
How new are you? You're 15 aren't ya?
>>
I liked it. I really loved how Comedy Central followed it up with the very first episode. It was a total coincidence on their part, but gave me the perfect closure for the series hearing that theme song play one last time.
>>
I thought it was annoying how people thought the ending meant it was going to the beginning of the series, or that that was a good thing in any way.
>>
>>78948931
What makes you say that? I just started binging on this show over a month ago.
>>
I didn't like that they made Fry a suicidal bitch for laughs but the frozen time bit oneself beautiful but it had to end with a "hear we go again" ending. 6/10 mixed feelings
>>
>>78948931
The only person who would attempt to call out someone's age based on that post is someone whos trying too hard to hide their age.
>>
>>78948315
>Forced
Leela and Fry were a thing since the first episode, how exactly is it forced?
>>
>>78947884
Not my cup of tea in the slightest. I see where they were going with it, and those who can get behind that idea will like it I believe, but couldn't.

The looping suicide, the romance, the ending, the focus falling largely on just Fry and Lela, etc.

So I'd give a C-, not a bad watch, but not an episode I can get behind.
>>
>>78949397
No chemistry. Let's be honest, women are exclusively attracted to Chads.
>>
>>78947884
I don't understand how they're "doing it again" when going back in time erased their memories... They're basically just doing it once forever
>>
>>78947884
I absolutely loved it.
>>
Boring. The Leela/Fry relationship was always tedious.
>>
I enjoyed most of it and it would've been the perfect end to the season (let's face it, they're coming back) if not for>>78948268
>>
>>78951136
>>>/r9k/
>>
It was forced.
Much like the rest of the post-cancellation period, it was trying to recreate what the fans liked without really know what that was.
So many trite emotional episodes, that one included.

Look, for in order for it to work, we have to see Fry and Leela really enjoy each other's company.
But aside from that episode, we never really did.
Hell, how many times that season were they even dating? It was always off again on again.

So this episode, apparently, they love each other sooooo much that they not only live a whole lifetime together, but opt to do it again?

Way too much in one direction.

Compare to The Devil's Hands Are Idle Playthings.
That ended with them just trying. Fry was terrible at playing the instrument, but he was honest and genuine. Leela saw that and we could see them trying to be together.
Maybe they don't make it. But they'd try.

That episode is just THEY LOVE EACH OTHER MORE THAN ANY COUPLE EVER
>>
>>78947884
I stopped caring at least in some part do to forcing the fuck out of Fry and Leela so I never saw it.
>>
The episode where it turned out Hermes saved Bender from being 4th trimester abortioned was ok until the very end, they needed to stop trying to recreate Jurassic Bark musical scenes.
>>
>>78947884
Bender's Big score was the real final to me. It included everyone instead of just two characters, and was just a lot more fun. The last episode was just another episode, and while it is *ok*, as a finale it's unsatisfying.
>>
>>78953398
It undid Jurassic Bark, though.
A sign of total fan pandering
>>
>>78949397
They never had any chemistry, imo. It was just an excuse for the writers to hamfist romance throughout the series.
>>
>>78953956
Which is pretty funny since from what I've seen that just pissed all the fans off.

The logic of "people like this sad thing, let's milk it out and have it end up not being sad at all" will never make sense to me.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.