[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we fix this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 1

File: q.jpg (238KB, 491x750px) Image search: [Google]
q.jpg
238KB, 491x750px
So guys, Flash is in a God awful state right now.

Can it actually be fixed by a new creative team or will the whole run just be ignored totally?
>>
>>78937439
We kill Hawkeye.
>>
>>78937510
Huh?
>>
>>78937510
Yeah, fuck Hawkeye.
>>
>>78937510
Only right answer.
>>
>>78937439
Honestly, I'd like to see them redo the entire New 52 Flash continuity, because it's been fucked since the beginning. It just seems worse now because of the bad art and lazy writing.
>>
>>78937439
There is no fixing it.
Flash is now forever ruined, same with fucking Reverse Flash because people in charge of it were fucking morons.
>>
just put a good writer on there
>>
>>78938262
>because it's been fucked since the beginning
Could you elaborate? I thought it was pretty rich.
>>
>>78938312
But can they undo the damage?
>>
>>78938262
This.
>>
>>78938350
It was alright, but speedforce got heavily overused as a plot device.
>>
>>78938350
Not him but
>completely missing the point of The Rogues(not just the powers angle, but their personality, dynamic, the "you're not our leader anymore Cold" shit, Lisa being too powerful, Trickster hanging with new friends etc)
>weak Reverse Flash
>Turbine instead of the Motherfucking top
>love triangles are super awesome guys, shipping=good writing
>weak and underdeveloped supporting cast
>>
>>78938464
Yeah I misread your comment before my response, thought you said the whole Flash mythos needs to be redone.

>>78938477
I agree.

But is there an arc that could easily allow the writers to redo much of the new 52?
>>
>>78938477
>love triangles are super awesome guys, shipping=good writing

The love triangle was pretty good.
>>
>>78937439

Retcon all of n52 Flash.

I don't care how you do it (time travel or some shit), but just burn it all down and start over
>>
>>78938514
No it wasn't, Iris spends most of the run trapped in the speed force.
>>
>>78938550
Sure, but thing of the grouping.
Barry likes Patty, liked Iris, and Patty likes Barry. Iris likes Barry.
No one really gets put through the wringer.
>>
>>78938506
Just do what everyone does, ignore the previous run.
Rogues were characterized poorly? ignore it and
Iris sucked? no nee to mention reference those issues
Don't want to use Danny? You don't have to(and he's dead anyway, isn't he?)
>>
>>78938591
I'm not so sure a love triangle is what people want to read about when they pick up the flash?

I understand making Iris end game, but as things stand they have no chemistry and Patty hasn't really developed at all as a character.
>>
Start a new series set on a different earth, then have a crossover event where the entire New52 flash family die and the other earth is destroyed so all their flash characters have to stay.
>>
>>78938376
most of it's easy to ignore
>>
>>78938350
The Flash Family has been badly fucked -- it's not entirely Manabooch's fault because some is Lobdell's problem and DC's as a whole, but it's definitely an issue and needs to be fixed.

There's cringeworthy shit like Weather Wizard being the Hispanic drug kingpin that should just be redone.

There's weird inconsistencies like Glider's appearing and disappearing coma and health status that could really be redone.

The current concept of the Speed Force is a mess which should probably just be redone.

The Rogues themselves have been kind of a mess and have lost a lot of what made people like them since the reboot. I'd like to see them rebooted and done over.

Barry's relationships with pretty much everyone have been hollow and could use a reboot too. Or at the very least an attentive writer who's willing to build them up. They all feel like cardboard as it is, and they've been that way since the book started.
>>
>>78938591
What?
>>
>>78938625
>and he's dead anyway, isn't he?
Yeah killed off in suicide squad. I wouldn't actually mind him draining the speedforce from Thawne in jail and escaping. The character wasn't terrible but the resolution was awful, the writers clearly wrote themselves into a corner.
>>
>>78938641
Yeah I was wondering if this is what Flash: Earth One would do. It's apparently slated for this year, alongside Aquaman: Earth One.
>>
It's kinda weird but series Flash is better than New 52 Flash. No joke.
>>
>>78938688
Not terrible, but not as well done as built up as they wanted him to be. He was also predictable, you always knew he was going to Reverse Flash it up. He's also got kind of a generic personality to him, Thawne's a petty asshole and Zolomon's insane and thinks he's helping, Danny's just...generic.
>>
>>78938722
Only two Earth One books per years and this year's gonna be Aquaman and Wonder Woman. There's not even creative team announced for Flash yet...
Hopefully Multiversity Too comes out this year.
>>
>>78938729
It's easy to see why. TV Flash is true to the characters roots, lot's of goofy characters and an overarching story that culminates in something epic.

The series also has a good support cast with people like Black Dad and Cisco, New 52 has no one.
>>
>>78938811
>Only two Earth One books per years and this year's gonna be Aquaman and Wonder Woman. There's not even creative team announced for Flash yet...
Wikipedia must be wrong, but it has Flash and a writer listed for Earth one.
>>
>>78938729
current series? sure. Manabooch run? nah
>>
>>78938811
JmS is writing flash earth one.
>>
>>78938811
>There's not even creative team announced for Flash yet
JMS was announced as the writer
>>
>>78938858
>Wikipedia must be wrong
shocker
>>
........I actually liked Brian's/Manapuls run on Flash....
>>
>>78938821
I love Black Dad (tm), I started out thinking Cisco was kind of annoying but after the scene with Thawne and Cisco's death really showed how much he grew onto me as a character. Sure, a lot of the drama can get kind of grating but other than that it's really quite satisfying.

>>78938865
I guess? I don't feel like Manapul was THAt much better. I feel like it was mostly just the art lifting the whole thing up. I didn't dislike it, though.
>>
J. Michael Straczynski is launching a new Earth One series with DC's speedster in Flash: Earth One. First mentioned at JMS' Saturday spotlight panel at Comic-Con International: San Diego, DC co-publishers Dan Didio and Jim Lee confirmed the news in a Sunday morning "Meet the Co-Publishers" panel.
>>
>>78938876
>>78938889
Fucking eww. I must've erased that information from my brain. Thanks...
>>
>>78938477
One of the best things to come out of the new 52 Flash was RF West becoming kinda like just an evil Wally in Suicide Squad. As opposed to being a terrible person he kind of had a bit more heart. Or, at least that was one of my favorite bits, I was even welcome to the edition of yellow.
>>
>>78938917
Writing's about the same, except the tv show has meh actors and tv budget while the comic boo run has art by Francis Manapul. Don't get me wrong, it could have 60 million budget for each episode and have the best actors in the world and it still wouldn't LOOK as good as the Manapul drawings.
>>
>>78938903
Black Wally, poor redo of the speed force and shallow resolution to Rogue/RF arcs were pretty big slights. He also completely mischaracterised the rogues and failed to develop any characters.

As things stand Barry, Patty, Iris and Singh (the main 'good guys') have not developed in 5 years.
>>
>>78938962
I wouldn't know. Tried the first issue of Ryan's run and didn't feel it. Then gave him another try with the free preview and was uninterested. I hope Seeley and Ferreyra do a good job.
>>
>>78938982
ManaBooch didn't introduce Wally
>>
Whatever happened with Black Wally West anyway?

I haven't seen or heard anything about him since his debut
>>
>>78938975
I honestly don't think the actors are that bad. Joe, Barry, Wells and Cisco are standouts IMO. Ontop of that, I think they spend their budget well and have escaped the main pitfall of live action capeshit. Being embarrassed about your source material.
>>
>>78939113
he's been in the last arc
>>
>>78939128
I wouldn't say bad, just...not great. Serviceable maybe. Cisco and that Kaitlin chick were horrible though from what I saw.
>>
>>78939190
Cisco has some really great moments. Kaitlin not so much but she doesn't appear as much and also feels less vital.

Compared to other live action offerings we've had of superheroes this is in the toptier. It's not perfect, AT ALL, but it's still so much better than most live action capeshit I can't help but enjoy it.
>>
>>78939029
Ok thanks, my bad.
>>
>>78938982
Yeah Wally and Zoom wasn't their run. I think the last thing they did was Daniel West RF. After that, it went full retard with future Barry and everything that followed
>>
>>78939113
He is all over the place. He was introduced as stereo type street thug who idolized his criminal uncle and hates the Flash.

He is now an engineering prodigy and somewhat of an expert on life advice, as he is handing it out often.

He drove a superheated engine into a frozen wall to take down a cold field.

He is nothing like pre-new52 Wally West.
>>
>>78939478
Apparently he wasn't allowed to use Thawne or Wally. So he had to invent a new evil speedster. I think Mirror world + speed force is a cool creation. I kind of like the idea of Barry having to take him to the mirror world to defeat him in the future as their power sets would again be reversed.
>>
>>78939647
>Apparently he wasn't allowed to use Thawne or Wally
They never said this, and considering how they both suddenly popped up after their run I'd go out on a limb and say it's bullshit.
>>
>>78939780
I think Booch actually did say they pitched a story to introduce Wally and editorial said no Wally

then of course as soon as they leave Jenditti brought Black Wally in
>>
>>78939780
>>78939780
I remember the interview re: Wally. He wasn't even allowed to draw him in the background of a panel.
>>
>>78939647
Yeah I like Daniel RF. He's simpler than Zolomon or Thawne, he's just a messed up guy who completes the reverse trinity. Liked him better with the red color scheme though. Brian gets a lot of flack for his run, but he had a decent run in my opinion
>>
>>78938722
JMS is writing Flash Earth One though.

It'll be aggressively mediocre.
>>
>>78939780
Think about it, Wally didn't pop up until Flash show was happening. The entire purpose of him in the book right now was to get those who will eventually see him in the show, even more interested in the book.
I mean fuck, they brought back Thawne with a more show inspired suit. ( not entirely, but I can see the parts.)
>>
>>78940460
Never heard of him (new here). Wiki says he wrote a lot of spiderman.. it wasn't good?
>>
>>78940540
His run is very divisive. It doesn't help that he had to write One More Day, and was under HEAVY editorial influence by Joe Quesada when writing it.
>>
>>78940540
JMS is hit or miss as fuck
>>
>>78940846
The point of Year One is to let him do what he wants though, so editorial shouldn't be able to bully him.

>>78940858
Guess it's lucky he is on Earth One. Can't be worse than current Flash though.
>>
Even if JMS's Flash: Earth One sucks, there'll still be G.mo's Mutiverisity Too: The Flash!
>>
>>78939499
>He is nothing like pre-new52 Wally West.
To be fair, pre-crisis Wally (Wally before Barry died) was kind of shit, and generally an unbeatable character.
>>
>>78941352
I've never read multiversity or convergence. Should I? I'm up to date on flash, aquaman and justice league
>>
>>78941352
That's true

Still wish he were being used more in JL and his solo was better...
>>
>>78941397
Multiversity was good, I didn't read Convergence, but I heard most people say it was pretty bland, with a lot of the tie-ins being better. But you won't need to read anything for Multiversity Too. If things go well, it's pretty much gonna be DC's new Elseworlds line.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.