[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did it end too soon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: dated 90's title card.png (223KB, 472x353px) Image search: [Google]
dated 90's title card.png
223KB, 472x353px
Did it end too soon?
>>
Yea 9/11 was tragic
>>
>>78934967

Considering that it lasted only a couple of a seasons, yeah. The show was good.
>>
>>78934985
9/11 never happened it's a myth
>>
File: file.png (986KB, 825x1275px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
986KB, 825x1275px
>>78934967
yup
the webisodes and the dead voice actors kinda sealed its fate though
>>
>>78934967
Much like Clerks the animated series, and Freakazoid, it was death by constant time slot shifting. It's like shaking a baby.
>>
I wish 9/11 could last a lifetime.
>>
>>78935294
I think those shows you mentioned, along with the critic were ahead of their time.
>>
File: 1384254949697.gif (860KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1384254949697.gif
860KB, 320x240px
>>78935331
Shame it only comes once a year.

But really, that's what makes it special.
>>
>>78934967
It ended at the right time

The "Gone Too Soon" is the main appeal of this show
>>
>>78934967
Needed at least double the episodes.
>>
The revival on Fox was okay. I prefer the way Season 1 beat Jay around just enough.
>>
The worst thing about if it comes back would be everyone comparing it to Family Guy.

While we're at it:
Margo or Alice?
http://strawpoll.me/6523039
>>
>>78935247
Oh god the webisodes... I was watching through the series with my friend and we go excited when we discovered there was a bit more we hadn't seen.

They deserved to remain unseen. It was like watching a corpse shit itself.
>>
File: AllllVvv_Ah_Who_gives_a_fuck.png (494KB, 845x577px) Image search: [Google]
AllllVvv_Ah_Who_gives_a_fuck.png
494KB, 845x577px
>>78934967
>Did it end too soon?

Completely. I wish it could've lasted a few more seasons, just enough for more people to remember it. Too many people think Family Guy INVENTED the "LOL RANDOM" cutaway gag. The critic did it first, but still with some context since the gags involved celebrities loosely tied to the relevance of the story.

Couple of my friends in high school used to tease me because I didn't agree with them that Family Guy was the most intelligent comedy cartoon on tv. The reason I disagreed was due to my knowledge of this show. I still stand by my opinion!
>>
What if The Critic ended with Jay Sherman dying in 9/11?
>>
>>78937631
They didn't seriously think freakin' Family Guy was the most intelligent show, did they? Even back then it was dumb as paste.
>>
>>78938242
>They didn't seriously think freakin' Family Guy was the most intelligent show, did they?

They did. They were so impressed about how it "made fun of everyone." One of most pretentious cucks from the bunch used this exact phrase, "The comedic timing on this show is impeccable." You can feel the neckbeard fedora from 200 miles away with this guy.
>>
File: 1443715893369.jpg (35KB, 578x527px) Image search: [Google]
1443715893369.jpg
35KB, 578x527px
>>78939400
>The comedic timing on this show is impeccable
I sincerely hope your friends were just fucking with you there. High Schoolers are notorious for being total shit brains, but Christ...
>>
>>78935294
The problem with Freakazoid was also that it was another Spielberg show doing the same but under a different theme.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.