[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you guys feel about the PPG reboot designs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

File: 1233564354037.gif (338KB, 500x330px) Image search: [Google]
1233564354037.gif
338KB, 500x330px
How do you guys feel about the PPG reboot designs?
>>
AYE AYE EYE
YOUR EYES HYPNOTIZE
>>
File: Pedobear.jpg (8KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Pedobear.jpg
8KB, 300x300px
OMG WHO ARE THESE SEMEN DEM ????
>>
>>78932550
I hate them.
They suck.
They look like complete shit drawn by Animation Domination.
>>
>>78932550
Blossom looks creepy af
>>
They're bad because they're different.
>>
>>78932550
Not noodley and minimalist enough

Fake
>>
>>78932550
Is this a joke
Those are from a parody episode
>>
>>78932587
/thread
>>
Are they still Powerpuffs if they have noses and fingers.
>>
>>78932550
OP is a faggot here is a real picture of the new PPG
>>
>>78935126

How can a hugely popular iconic show be rebooted into a worse looking version of the original?
>>
>>78935530
How? because they can.
Why? Money, I bet it will be like TTGo and pull some bad zany shit.
>>
>>78935126
Reminds me of how some MSpaint artists use vector tools to tweak basic shapes until it looks "just like the actual show."
>>
>>78935126
Buttercup's new hair is cute. That's about it.
>>
>>78935652
>I bet it will be like TTGo
So /co/ will claim it's 10/10 and everyone who hates it is just a nostalgiafag who likes the original which wasn't even good in the first place?
>>
>>78935530
The NOT MUH meme makes designs disgustingly safe, and people still complain about the 3% that they change.
An example being you.
>>
>>78935126
I prefer OP's ironically. These are too static.
>>
>>78935730
>which wasn't even good in the first place
Who let this faggot in here?
>>
>>78935781

it's objectively more simplistic line work as if done to make animation easier/cheaper despite the show being worth millions, and investors willing to invest yet more millions if the right names work on it

and it looks like someones newgrounds first flash project for college animation class
>>
>>78935126
Man, that looks like shit.
Now I actually wish the Run-of-the-Mill Girls designs were being used.
>>
File: Composite-PPG.jpg (91KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
Composite-PPG.jpg
91KB, 1152x648px
>>78935126
My only comments are that Bubbles isn't as cute and the linework looks lazier
>>
You guys are being to harsh on the redesigns, I think they look fine, maybe even better!

The writing for the show however, thats going to be a different story... (I doubt the writing is going to be good considering the creator isnt involved and the mess TTG turned out to be)
>>
>>78935126
looks the fucking same
>>
>>78938539
Whatever you say Professor Dick
>>
>>78935126
Can someone do a side by side comparison of the old and new? These look the same but I see people bitching.
>>
>>78932550
>people claim to be PPG fans
>still get fooled by designs from an actual episode
Jesus, /co/...
>>
>>78938601
Okay.
>>
>>78935530
>>78935664
>>78935924
Stop pretending that they look very different than the originals from later seasons
>>
>>78938850
but they do
>>
File: Girl Power!.jpg (44KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Girl Power!.jpg
44KB, 320x240px
I'll wait to see how they look in motion but based on the 2 images we have I'm not impressed.
>>
>>78938796
Not that anon, but now I see it. Man, did they really have to use the same bodies for all of them? The right leg being lifted on everyone thing is bugging me now. I noticed it and now I can't un-notice it.
>>
>>78938850
I agree they look very close in style, slight variations. The thing that gets me is how dynamic the motion looks in the original whereas the new one looks flat and boring by comparison.
>>
>>78938796
The new one isn't horrible, but it really bothers me that they do everything the model sheets of the original designs told you NOT to do, and all this for apparently no good reason.
>>
im just going to ignore it
>>
>>78939112
>but it really bothers me that they do everything the model sheets of the original designs told you NOT to do
Elaborate?
>>
>>78935126
So the lineart looks like it was made without pen sensitivity at 2.0 with a generic brush on Gimp. Cool.
>>
File: 1284796225464.jpg (57KB, 624x480px) Image search: [Google]
1284796225464.jpg
57KB, 624x480px
>>78939454
I don't have them all, but it went something like this,
Use the line values to define volume, use what little lines you have to define direction like notice the shoes and the belts they're slightly curved, avoid flat angles and flat shapes (for example an oval instead of a circle, add slight curves to something square-ish), cheat the arms and legs so they are not uniform to define volume it used something like a sock full of sand on how the limbs should work.
cheat perspective and angles on the body to avoid flatness and falt poses, etc. that kind of stuff.
>>
>>78935126
The one word that comes to my mind when I see this is "flat".
>>
PPG wasn't meant to be made in flash.

I know "flash" isn't a style, but that's the only way I know how to describe it.
>>
>>78935126
it looks, /decent/ ...iguess
like the original just a little bit more "round" or something, it doenst feel normal, but maybe it will look better later
>>
>>78940126
Digital?
>>
I demand a dance music episode by the end of season 1.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQewVhVpnEk
>>
They made all the lines a single fixed thickness and it makes the new ones look like dogshit, they also worry so much about having a uniform model body on all the girls that they lost that kind of organic doll look they had before and instead just look lazy. Are the animators just worse or is this just what's in style now?
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.