[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is CN so bad with handling it's shows now? at least

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: image.png (56KB, 480x339px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
56KB, 480x339px
Why is CN so bad with handling it's shows now?

at least with Stu Snyder, it was a consistent schedule
>>
>>78927343
They manage TTGO well enough.
>>
>>78927623

That's because they spam a marathon every three seconds. So there's no need for a bomb. Also, IT'S YOUR NEW FAVORITE SHOW!
>>
File: 1446598322161.jpg (61KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1446598322161.jpg
61KB, 300x300px
>Cable providers literally can't keep up with the schedule changes
>Premieres handled like garbage
>Branding riddled with errors and inconsistencies
>Fucking everything gets leaked 3 days early because of bad web directory handling

At least during the CN Real era the network itself felt polished, it's downright embarrassing how far they've fallen.
>>
Yeah personally I don't like the bombs. It takes out a level of intimacy with these shows. I was able to appreciate each episode because they were apart for longer than a day
>>
If they are just gonna fuck up the scheduling by airing everything in one week why don't they just go back to the 22 minute formula? It works for Star. But then again Disney has an even worse scheduling issue than CN.
>>
File: bateman ponders.jpg (60KB, 609x676px) Image search: [Google]
bateman ponders.jpg
60KB, 609x676px
>>78927623
>>78927696

seriously can we fire the guy who runs it.
>>
>>78928534

It's a woman who runs it. That explains all of the incompetence.
>>
>>78929132
ha ha no
>>
>>78927343
are they trying to mimic the netflix model but with serials?
Because if they are, it's a dumb way to do that, and it seems most their shows don't benefit at all from bombs (the exceptions being the *few* shows that have a consistent plot that aren't allowed 22 minutes)
>>
File: Christina_miller.jpg (61KB, 349x400px) Image search: [Google]
Christina_miller.jpg
61KB, 349x400px
>>78929282

Yes.

>Christina Miller is the current president and general manager of Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, and Boomerang, replacing Stuart Snyder.

>Miller, who started with Turner Broadcasting in 2005 as senior vice president of Cartoon Network Enterprises, previously directed Turner’s youth and young adults consumer products and home video business. She most recently served as senior vp of Turner Sports strategy, marketing and programming, overseeing day-to-day operations for the NBA Digital portfolio.

>In her new role, which she assumes immediately, she will oversee a team of business and creative executives — Cartoon Network CCO Rob Sorcher and Adult Swim exec vp and creative director Mike Lazzo among them.

http://cartoonnetwork.wikia.com/wiki/Christina_Miller
>>
>>78929282
"haha no, it's not a woman" or "haha no we shouldn't fire her for her incompetence"? not him by the way.
>>
>>78927922
Right? Now it's just like "here you go, 5 new episodes. find a vein and binge this shit because you're not getting any more for another month or more"
>>
File: 1451057544055.jpg (40KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1451057544055.jpg
40KB, 480x360px
CN was already toast - in 2006 (pic related).
>Shows such as Cow and Chicken, Time Squad, Looney Tunes were removed.
>Jim Samples went senile.
>CN aired the Re-animated movie.
>Saved by the Bell ran on Adult swim for April Fools'.
>Commercials with terrible characters like Fred Fred Burger and Cheese were spammed to appeal to middle schoolers.
>Inuyasha, Teen titans, Justice league unlimited, and others ended, severing all ties with the early 00s.
>CN really pushed that Ben 10 shit, even though nobody liked it.
>Adult Swim stopped the chill Japan bumpers and replaced them with clips of their characters doing wacky/lolrandom things.
>>
>>78930259
SERIOUSLY I JUST SAW YOU IN TWO OTHER THREADS
>>
Hey
Remember when they were in that era I like to call the "Fried Dynamite Era?"
And they tried to get us to put on that 3D shit?
>>
>cable television
>when you have the internet
is it really any wonder? TV is going the way of old radio
>>
I don't know why the fuck people ITT are complaining about how CN is now, it's a million times better than it was when Snyder was in charge, even with the sporadic release schedules and bombs.
>>
>>78931687
But plenty of people still listen to the radio
>>
>>78931758

Yeah, OLD people.
>>
>>78929132
this sub needs to tone down the lowkey sexism tbqh
>>
>>78931687
At least in 2010-2012 they knew how to hype the fuck out of something, just look at some of the old AT promos. That stupid shit with the kids on their phones is all they air between shows now.
>>
We don't even know when the next Steven will air; The developers didn't either until a couple days ago.
>>
>>78932060

>sub

I keep seeing this on /v/. I hate this meme
>>
>>78932067
Fair enough. Their promotional stuff is pretty bad these days, but at least most of the shows on these days are decent.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.