[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When is the whole "we're new yorkers, we're the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1429143675592.png (102KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1429143675592.png
102KB, 250x250px
When is the whole "we're new yorkers, we're the toughest rough neck average joes around!" cliche gonna end?

I'm pretty sure by this point everyone knows NYC for being new NYC and basically full of hipsters
>>
>>78919397
The hipsters are in Bed Stuy and Manhattan.The rest of NYC is and has always been tougher than the stereotypes you see in cartoons.I know this because I have lived in NYC my whole life.
>>
>>78919420
>The rest of NYC is and has always been tougher than the stereotypes you see in cartoons.I know this because I have lived in NYC my whole life.

Why would a prosperous city with an influx of rich people and hipsters and wannabe-actors be tougher than a normal shithole city?
>>
>>78919397
I haven't even seen that cliche in eighteen years
>>
>>78919448
Yeah, I think they all died in 9/11 or ran away like cowards when people not intimidated by their act called their bluff.
>>
File: image.jpg (39KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 443x332px
>>78919397
>>78919420
>>78919432
>Not that a big city compared to other monster cities
>lower crime rates than the national average
>in a country that is not even dangerous by global standards
>still think they are though.
>>
>>78919432
Just shut the fuck up unless you actually live in a city

Country/suburban cows have no clue what city life is like. I don't care if it's Chicago, Toronto, or Sydney, living in a city is on another level.
>>
>>78919562
That's a real nice chart you got there, mobile shitposter. Maybe next time you'll bring a source?
>>
>>78919666
Sorry Satan, say Detroit city current is nothing like NYC current. Maybe NYC in the 80s and early 90s was comparable, these days it's a tourist spot and home to socialites and rich hipsters who can afford it

Which is the point of the thread I believe
>>
>>78919682
Oh noes. It is not like population statistics are readily available online by the government of the countries.

Just check the government sites for each statistic if you don't believe in this sorcery that are images. You can check them all on official government sites if you don't trust anyone else.
>>
>>78919666
City life is the equivalent of living in a shopping mall you cuck.
>>
>>78919666
Pretty much this >>78919776 crime has gone down. When I was a kid there was a beating/ mugging/ rape every other day even in the nicer neighborhoods. Now the worst of the worst is pretty tame, which isn't a particularly bad thing. Though gentrification is another topic entirely.
>>
>>78919776
Yes. The entire city is a massed concentration that is 50 percent hipster, 50 percent socialite, and rich.

They exiled the poor and working class to Jersey.

Oh wait. That literally did not happen at any point, although Jersey is well, Jersey. It's unique.

The fact is it's such a large place that you can feel surrounded by those classes or see them every day, while also seeing a lot of other kids of people, probably more in fact, if you are in other places.

I live in a city that generously speaking, has less people by far than even small neighborhoods in New York or other cities and there are people like that, and sometimes seems like there are "more" of them.

I think that's actually the thing. There are relatively more folks like that, so it seems like they are everywhere.

Even in Portland it's not ALL Hipster, although there are a lot of them and a TV show making fun of them, etc.

Like how San Francisco was never all filthy hippy even though they took over a neighborhood and had "take what you want stores" and publicity and stuff.
>>
Fucking city slickers
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.