[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did you guys read the Walking Dead? I bought the Days Gone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

How did you guys read the Walking Dead? I bought the Days Gone Bye volume today and i love the look and feel of it, kind of want to collect them but realize it'd be hundreds of dollars by the end of it.

How is the quality/reading experience of the compendiums?
>>
>>78913616
If you're going to get them all you might as well get the compendium.
>>
Op I just remembered I was given the same issue as a gift when I had surgery. I need to finish reading it....anyways, I feel the same way about manga. If the series is way too long I know I won't have the room for all those books. Plus, what would I do with them once I'm done?
>>
>>78914014
This. Much better than going for the trades.
>>
File: the-walking-dead-compendium-one.jpg (85KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
the-walking-dead-compendium-one.jpg
85KB, 620x350px
>>78913616
You can get the Compendiums for around $30 each. There's only 3 so far, and will take you up to issue 144. They're only up to 149 so that gets you damn near everything. You can catch up through floppies or trades if you want after that, or wait another 3-4 years for the next compendium.
>>
>>78913616
I read the first compendium and dropped it because I relied it was predictable and shitty.
But if you want to read it compendiums are the way to go.
>>
OP here.

Are the pages of the same quality as the Volumes and Hardcovers? Ie. Glossy , tough pages ?
>>
>>78914593
Don't own it myself but everything I've seen says it's on the same paper as the other collections. The main problem with books this big is the binding, heavy use will cause the binding on the spine to weaken over time.
>>
I read 90 issues in two days then followed the comic since. Just torrent as many issues as you can and binge
>>
I read at about an hour/volume. I take time to appreciate the art. How does /co/ do?
>>
>>78914593
I've heard the compendiums have smaller print than the single issues, maybe even the volumes. Could be bullshit.
>>
>>78914111
>Plus, what would I do with them once I'm done?
This is why I've moved on to electronics. Has its downsides but not as bad as shit collecting dust or getting bent... as long as we're not in some zombie apocalypse.
>>
File: 150.jpg (205KB, 900x1384px) Image search: [Google]
150.jpg
205KB, 900x1384px
Just pirate them and buy them when they're on sale. Now is good time to binge. An important issue comes out today, who knows what'll happen? I can see autists puking spoilers everywhere since it's a popular comic.
>>
Read them all while at the store in a comfy chair while eating chocolate buttons stuffed in my pocket
>>
>>78913616
I read it

honestly it got boring and repetitive after awhile.
>>
>>78913616
I pirated the first 70 or so issues, then started buying the floppies once I'd caught up.
>>
>>78917620

I really hope it's not something like Rick lures The Whispers into a peace offering then slaughters all of them with some weapon Eugine invented type of betrayal.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.