[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
Batman is going after Superman because...
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 186
Thread images: 21
File: Batman V Superman.jpg (286 KB, 1280x719) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Batman V Superman.jpg
286 KB, 1280x719
Batman is going after Superman because he had a bad dream and is not even threat to Superman.

Superman is reluctantly slapping Batman around because Luthor kidnapped his mother.


I wonder if people will be disappointed by this after the previews made out their conflict to be mutual and deep.
>>
>>78901770
>>>/tv/
>>
>>78901803
Does it feel lonely?
>>
Batman has never been depicted as a 1::1 threat to Superman. Batman depends on on taking advantage of Superman's hesitance to fight back in nearly every depiction of the two fighting.

I'm not even sure what your spoiler involving Ma has to do with anything in this situation.
>>
>>78901770
>Luthor kidnaps his mother

Kind off-topic, but has it ever happened in comics? How did Clark handle it?
>>
>>78901770
Baman is going after Superman because he's a threat to the human race.

Which makes total sense.
>>
>>78902168
injustice, it ended up with green arrow dead
>>
File: 1446394928658.gif (1 MB, 500x500) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1446394928658.gif
1 MB, 500x500
>>78901770
Lets be real here.

Most plebs just wanna see them fight even though we all know its gonna end with superman slapping Batmans shit, but Batman revealing he had a trump card he never used that totally would have owned superman.
>>
>>78902163
I understand his point. The previews are painting them as equals with personal reasons for wanting to take down the other, who, through their own means, stand shoulder to shoulder against one another.

While in the movie Batman will be throughoutly painted as outclassed and all his weapons will serve to only momentarily slow Superman down, while Superman doesn't even want to fight and is half-assedly parttaking in it because his mother is captive.

It's a bit of a disappointment given what it has been built up as.
>>
>>78901770


We already know there are no consequences or stakes to this fight so who gives a shit?

And of course the reason they fight will be retarded. It's a Snyder joint.
>>
>>78901770
they'd have to be planning on seeing it to be disappointed by obvious plot tweests
>>
>>78902163
In That comic where Superman was Russian. Batman Owned superman hard.
>>
>>78901770
>because he had a bad dream

Oh yeah it had absolutely nothing to do with him seeing the equivalent of not-9/11 as 2 Gods fought each other and hundreds of people died
>>
>>78901770

So if Lex took his mom Lex knows his secret identity. So why didn't he leak that shit to the world?

Terrible writing.
>>
>>78902667
>Terrible writing.

A DC staple.
>>
File: g 2.jpg (61 KB, 500x745) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
g 2.jpg
61 KB, 500x745
>>78902615
>Calling cape characters with superpowers "gods"
I'm getting sick of this meme, it's such a cheap way of adding gravitas.
How many religious references are in the BvS trailers alone? Something tells me this abuse of the g-word will be the worst thing the movie contributes to cape fandom.
>>
>>78901770
Who cares? We've seen fucking footage of them teaming up against Doomsday anyway, all possible tension their conflict could have conveyed is already out the window. Not sure why they even bothered calling it Batman v Superman.
>>
>>78902747
Better than marvel atleast
>>
>>78902342
He's going after Superman because he COULD BE a threat, which is different.

And also, I cant comment on that Batman specifically, but in general, that's pretty out of character for him.

If he was truely all about potential threat, he'd have killed The Joker long ago. Even in this universe.
>>
>>78902520
What else could they do? They fucked themselves over painting Superman as a GOD.

If people want a equal fight they should go check out Civil War
>>
File: 1449533499160.gif (3 MB, 285x213) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1449533499160.gif
3 MB, 285x213
PG-13

>droped hard
>>
>>78902928

Not really, no.
>>
File: 1372024164947.gif (2 MB, 320x243) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1372024164947.gif
2 MB, 320x243
>>78901770

>That recent TV spot

It made Batman look so impotent. He crashes his car into Superman, wrecks it to shit, climbs out and is all like.

>"T-T-Tell me..."
>takes inhaler
>"Do y-you bleed?"
>pulls pants above waist

And Superman just gives him the most "what is wrong with this autistic fuck" look and flies away.

>"Y-You will..."
>>
>>78903071
>Omelette
>Strings
>Dance off

Ok.
>>
>>78903142
>I demand my dudes fighting in their underwear be treated with the utmost reverence and respect
>>
>>78903140
...so it's exactly how it should have happened.
>>
>>78903241

I mean, yeah, pretty much, it's just weird to see.
>>
>>78903142

Al of which worked in the context of their films. The fact tat a dance off distraction didn't kill GOTG with critics is probably the best proof of this.

Superman's dad killing himself to save a dog... MoS not saving his dad.... Lex not leaking MoS secret identity.... All are incredibly dumb.
>>
>>78903266
>The fact tat a dance off distraction didn't kill GOTG with critics is probably the best proof of this.

What kind of retarded logic is this?
>>
>>78903140
That look was priceless
>>
There's no purpose to leaking his identity. In the DCEU Clark Kent is a literally who who's been in Metropolis for less than a year writing fill-ins for the Daily Planet's sunday edition. He's probably most notorious for being Lois Lane's boyfriend.

Nobody would care.
>>
>>78902820
But muh Injustice. Muh Gods Among Men?

Is that really when it started? I don't recall it getting dragged around as much until that video game anyway.
>>
>>78901770
Okay look you fuckers, this movie just has to be good so I can get my Aquaman, Flash, and Booster Gold movies.

I don't really care about anything else.
>>
File: Batmaniscrazy.gif (1 MB, 480x270) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Batmaniscrazy.gif
1 MB, 480x270
>>78904380
That look alone makes me cheer for Supes
>>
>MoS shitposting still exists almost 3 years later

This must be some kind of record.
>>
>>78902520
Even though I disliked MoS, there was a brief period where I was starting to get hopeful for BvS. That first trailer (or second, if you count the teaser) didn't look bad.

But, as of the last trailer, it looks just so by-the-numbers. Like, even though I knew it was likely there would be some "physical threat" for the heroes to fight together at the end, I was hoping they wouldn't go the easy route and do such an obvious plot. Like, I wanted them to find another way to illustrate the conflict between Batman and Superman, how they make peace, etc. A way that would surprise me.

I remember watching TDK and not anticipating what would happen next or how the conflict would be resolved. I feel like I've probably predicted the main beats of BvS, tho.
>>
>>78903142
Yeah that sure is worse than the worlds smartest man starting a bar fight because of a bad dream and crashing his billion dollar car.
>>
>>78901770
>Batman is going after Superman because he had a bad dream
The dude literally destroyed a building right in front of him.
>>
>>78905080
Yes but the director needs to waste money on more pointless dream sequences and it needs to tie into the plot somehow.
>>
>>78904380
>>78904907
I fucking love that look. That is the perfect look to give some autist in a bat costume trying to look badass in front of a guy that juggle tanks.
>>
>>78905013
Most disappointing superhero movie of all time, babe. Not the worst superhero movie ever, but the chasm between expectation and reality has never been wider than it was with Man of Steel.

Blame the trailers for making it look good.
>>
>>78904801
Imagine if this movie tanks after DC has already stated they have a five year plan(kek) to release 10 movies.
>>
>>78905125
It's not a dream sequence, it's Superman controlled by Darkseid.
>>
>>78905297
>Most disappointing superhero movie of all time, babe.
You mean Green Lantern.
Or Daredevil.
Or Dr. Strange.
Or every Fantastic Four movie.
Or Elektra.
Don't be a dumbass, Man of Steel had respectable success, people are just bitches.
>>
>>78901770
>Batman is going after Superman because he had a bad dream and is not even threat to Superman.
So just like Tony Stark
Hopefully BvS will actually devote its plot to dealing with that, unlike Avengers 2
>>
>>78905329
It won't happen but that truly would be the darkest timeline.

>tfw being stuck with nothing but mediocre Marvel Studios movies until the end of time.

At least we would still have Fox and their superior Mutant Cinematic Universe (or MCU for short) to ease the blow.
>>
>>78905390
>"I KNOW, RIGHT?!"

Literally no one thought Green Lantern was going to be good. I even remember that Ryan Reynold's agent was doing damage control months before the movie even dropped. /co/ was prepared for the worst.

The MoS trailers had everyone fooled.
>>
File: Zack Snyder.jpg (89 KB, 630x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Zack Snyder.jpg
89 KB, 630x720
>>78905390
>>
>>78905525

This.

I'm pretty lukewarm on MoS, but that first teaser still gives me chills.
>>
>Batman goes after Superman because of a bad dream
>despite him being invincible
>world's greatest detective
>>
>>78905397
>DC did this bad
>"B-B-BUT MARVEL"

Improve your debating skills.
>>
>>78905297
So hold on, its Kal fault that Zod decided to destroy the city ? for fuck sakes the guy barely got to choose what to do
>>
>>78905581
He lured Zod to Earth, so it's indirectly his fault, but let's not split hairs.
>>
>>78905188
Batman does look rather autistic when he says "you will"
>>
>>78905397
>So just like Tony Stark

Explain.
>>
>>78905581
>So hold on, its Kal fault that Zod decided to destroy the city ?

Considering his being sent to Earth was what lured the Kryptonians there in the first place? Yes. It is literally Clark's fault that thousands of people died. In the world of Man of Steel, humanity would quite literally have been better off if he had never landed there.
>>
>>78905730

This is true and sound logic.

DCucks will spin their wheels anyway for damage control.
>>
>>78905730
>In the world of Man of Steel, humanity would quite literally have been better off if he had never landed there
You say that now, but wait till the Justice League movies with villains tougher than Zod that Supes will help take out
>>
>>78905831

That doesn't suddenly change how shit mos is tho.
>>
>>78902920
I don't think you seriously expected one to kill the other. The fight will be about the way they solve problems going forward which is at yet still unresolved.
>>
>>78904768
Injustice definitely was a noteworthy example of this trend. But MoS also hinted heavily at "Superman is Jesus" without throwing the word "God" around and BvS has a new writer.
>>
>>78903013
It's not the same thing at all. You can't compare Superman with some punk dressed as a clown. Superman has the ability to destroy the entire human race.

We know that Superman is a good guy because we are the audience and that's how's always been portrayed (inb4 man of murder shitty memes)

But within the universe, there is no guarantee that Superman is a good guy. He may be doing good things now, but what if he decides to do something bad tomorrow? What if he decides that the way humans run the civilization is wrong?

People don't even trust other human beings in positions of power. Why would they trust an invulnerable man who can shoot lasers from his eyes?
>>
>>78905730
>>78905661
This is also true of The Avengers though, in both films they were the cause of the destruction. Less obviously so in the first one, but it's true. All Thanos wanted was the Tesseract, which he has in the first 20 minutes. Loki was the one who wanted to fuck up Earth, and he only wanted to in order to piss off Thor who was sent there by his father. Exact same thing happened in MoS. Neither Thor nor Clark was sent to earth by choice, but their emotional attachment to it made it a target.
>>
>>78904801
>Okay look you fuckers, this movie just has to be good so I can get my Aquaman, Flash, and Booster Gold movies.
My nigga
>>
>>78905892

Well, I mean, when it comes to calling Superman a god, you kind of have to say 'fair dos'
>>
>>78905730
Same could be said about a lot of heroes, really. Loki wouldn't have tried conquering Earth if Thor wasn't so fond of it. Batman inspirerd a lot of crazies to go all out in order to fuck with him. The whole Ultron situation starts with Tony.
>>
>>78905351
There is certainly more to the dream sequence granted it has parademons.
>>
>>78905941
Superheroes suck is the only logical conclusion, which is why thinking about superheroes logically is stupid.
>>
>>78905922
>in both films they were the cause of the destruction.

Wrong. Shield was responsible in the first Avengers. Tony was responsible in AoU.

Both films make it a point to show heroes protecting civilians in the end battles.
>>
>>78906024
>Both films make it a point to show heroes protecting civilians in the end battles.
So did Man of Steel, actually.
>>
>>78905922
The thing is, Superman also directly attracted Zod to Earth by activating the scout ship.

So that's one notch in his belt most other heroes don't fail.

The fact that he indirectly caused the problem and did an overall poor job of fixing it doesn't add him much more credence.
>>
>>78902163
>Batman depends on on taking advantage of Superman's hesitance to fight back in nearly every depiction of the two fighting.

No, batman is dependant on they being bffs, so he is there to SAVE superman. Batman can only oppose superman if they are already in a gay friendship
>>
>>78905941
>Loki wouldn't have tried conquering Earth if Thor wasn't so fond of it.

Wrong. Loki was just a pawn for Thanos. Had Loki tried to invade without the proposition from Thanos you would have a point.
>>
>>78906000
They're not Parademons, they're literal Bat-Men. Notice they're helping Batman fight the Superman Nazi Brigade.
>>
>>78906024
>Shield was responsible in the first Avengers.
Nope, Thor was.
>Tony was responsible in AoU.
Yep, and he's an Avenger.
>Both films make it a point to show heroes protecting civilians in the end battles.
I'll never understand why this matters so much to people, seems like it would just kill the momentum of the battle.
>>
>>78906052

Not in the end battle, no.
>>
>>78906116
Thanos only wanted the Tessaract. It was Loki's desire to rule the Earth.
>>
>>78906091
They were searching the old outposts, they would have got there anyway.
>>
>>78906136
Just look at a still image, they are very obviously parademons. They are even carrying people away, like parademons.
>>
>>78906145
Nope, Thor was.

Nope, Shield was. Messing with the IG causes all the problems.
>>
>>78906052
Not really.

In the Smallville Battle, he told people to hide (before wrecking half the town) and saved Hardy and a soldier. Could've been better, but it did the job.

But in the Metropolis Battle he literally saved no one, and came off as completely indifferent to the destruction going around him. Had Snyder scaled down his boner for 9/11 imagery and added one or two scenes of Superman saving random people during the melee itself, people wouldn't have complained nearly as much.
>>
>>78906157
Yeah because there was way more important stuff to be dealt with.
>>
>>78906204
Zod states they were ready to give up when Clark's signal led them to Earth.

There wasn't even an outpost, the scout ship crashed there.
>>
>>78906157
Yes. Not only did he stop several destructive bits that would have destroyed people, he was literally saving a family when he snapped Zod's neck.

>>78906232
>But in the Metropolis Battle he literally saved no one, and came off as completely indifferent to the destruction going around him. Had Snyder scaled down his boner for 9/11 imagery and added one or two scenes of Superman saving random people during the melee itself, people wouldn't have complained nearly as much.
Has anyone here actually SEEN the movie?
>>
>>78906232
>But in the Metropolis Battle he literally saved no one, and came off as completely indifferent to the destruction going around him. Had Snyder scaled down his boner for 9/11 imagery and added one or two scenes of Superman saving random people during the melee itself, people wouldn't have complained nearly as much.
I saw this as Zod being so powerful that Supes couldn't handle Zod and keep it clean. It got messy and may play into his psyche of wanting to form the JL.
>>
>>78906208
Be ready to be disappointed, then.
>>
>>78906232
They're having an all out brawl, when is he supposed to be saving people? It would ruin the whole momentum of the scene.
>>
>>78906178

No, Thanos wanted earth out of the way, ruled, if for nothing else to make it easier. His henchmen mentions this.
>>
>>78906293
I won't be upset if my theories are wrong.
>>
>>78906243
Innocent lives should always be the priority, particularly for Superman.
>>
>>78906328
>Die whilst trying to save 500
>Entire earth is destroyed and literal billions die
I can see why he prioritized taking down Zod.
>>
>>78906261
First contact was never gonna be clean and easy.
>>
>>78906284
>he was literally saving a family when he snapped Zod's neck.

And crying about it seconds later. After a city that was destroyed while he was not giving 2 fucks about it. Poor attempt at force drama desu.

Not only did he stop several destructive bits that would have destroyed people

Not really, no.
>>
>>78906328
They were the priority. Unless you suggest they can live without a planet.
>>
>>78906377
And kissed a bitch on the graves of the dead.

Some fucking hero.
>>
>>78906364

Both machines needed to be active for that to happen.

He chose to fly off to a remote location instead of a heavily populated city.
>>
>>78905730
That's how Superman has been for 75 years. MoS didn't invent Superman being the beacon for super villains across the universe coming to Eath and killing people.
>>
>>78906284
I have. He didn't save anyone during the melee itself, the family came after. During the fight, however

>He let a building crumble without care
>He let the tanker explode and destroy half a building
>He punched Zold through a building

He saved nothing.

>>78906308
Not if done by a competent director.

>>78906292
Sure, that's the reasoning Snyder has given, but it's a poor storytelling choice. That's my main issue with MAN OF STEEL, it sets up a lot of things in a rather clunky matter and delivers none of what it promised.

>"You can accomplish miracles, Clark. You can save everyone."
>Fails to overcome the odds, is forced into a moral compromise and thousands of people die.

>"The world, Clark, how will it react to you? Will there be fear, will there be awe? Let me die in this tornado over the hypothetical ramifications of what consequences revealing yourself could yield."
>We never actually see how the world reacted at all.
>>
>>78906377
>And crying about it seconds later. After a city that was destroyed while he was not giving 2 fucks about it.

Yeah, he turned himself in to the US government to be handed over to Zod because he doesn't give a shit, and then he risks his life to stop the World Engine because he hates Earth, and then he fights Zod (a far more well trained fighter) because he wants everyone to die, and then he kills Zod just because. Really sound logic there.
>>
>>78906495
>He saved nothing.
He saved a family.
>>
File: h7Cji7p.png (281 KB, 808x404) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
h7Cji7p.png
281 KB, 808x404
>>78906426

Yup

Such a shit character.
>>
>>78905929
Hell fucking yeah my friend. It's good to see some common sense in this thread amongst the amount of Man of Steel shitposting going on in here.
>>
>>78906495
>Sure, that's the reasoning Snyder has given, but it's a poor storytelling choice.
See, I suppose I was immersed enough that I brought it. Zod was better trained, had bridged the gap between power by removing his mask and taking in the improved senses and was bloodlusted.

To me, this was enough to believe he required Supes undivided attention. But of course if you didn't buy into that I can see your point totally.
>>
>>78906541
You also forgot very fucking boring.

Hopefully bouncing off of Batman will make the Man of Bland exciting for once on the big screen.
>>
Oh, for fucks sake, MoS was a farmboy's first attempt at playing hero, he's not infallible. Screwing up actually humanizes him.

Compared to Superman in MoS, the Avengers are all veterans of their craft by the time they fought an alien invasion.
>>
>>78906426
How is that any worse than the Avengers going out for lunch directly after leveling part of New York without helping?
>>
>>78906524
>he turned himself in to the US government to be handed over to Zod because he doesn't give a shit,


He had to go to a church to do the obvious.

And really he had know choice, his secret identity was already known by a reporter.

Despite that he was still looking for a way out until the priest coned him into it.
>>
>>78906547
I'm excited for all the new movies just to see the world building, to see the cornerstones that Flash, WW and Aquamans movies will be built on.

I don't mind if the story is a bit poor, as long as the world building, visuals, sounds and fights are great (which I think they were in MoS), I'm stoked.

Can't wait to see Arthur tear asshole.
>>
>>78906495
>He saved nothing.
He literally saved the world.
>>
>>78903069
is that one girl shirtless...s-sauce?
>>
>>78906601
At least they waited until the imminent danger was over.
>>
>>78906601
Avengers live in a bit of a goofier universe, a destroyed building exists to make the combat look cool. The consequence of DC's realism is that you can't pick and choose what parts should be taken seriously or not.
>>
>>78906601
You expect better from Superman. Just because Punisher kills his foes in the comics doesn't mean Superman should be doing that shit too.
>>
>>78902589

He relied on Stalin's kid being insecure of Clark
>>
>>78906612
It's not obvious at all, if he hands himself over to Zod he leaves Earth defenseless, and he doesn't trust that Zod won't harm the planet. What he learns is that he has to trust humanity. He can't be the one to decide, he has to earn their trust by trusting them.
>>
>>78906684
So Captain America = The Punisher?
>>
>>78906628
So did every other superhero who has a movie. It's no special thing only Superman has accomplished.
>>
>>78906601
Because it wasn't directly after.
>>
>>78906805
It's not a contest to see who does it better, dumbass.
>>
>>78906861
Yes it was. The guy was sweeping up debris while they ate.
>>
File: 1452555936532.jpg (1 MB, 2416x2858) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452555936532.jpg
1 MB, 2416x2858
>>78906601
>How is that any worse than the Avengers going out for lunch directly after leveling part of New York without helping?

Avengers stopped a threat they did not create. Actively saving people the whole time. And when that threat was neutralized they had lunch.

MoS stopped a threat he literally brought with his own two hands, not giving a fuck about the destruction, the people dying all around him while he fought Zod, making out with someone in the middle of ground zero, his mess. And then crying when he ends it. Not for the lives lost, but because he had to kill a genocidal maniac.
>>
>>78906876
You act like it is.
>>
>>78906768


>What he learns is that he has to trust humanity. He can't be the one to decide, he has to earn their trust by trusting them.

No, he doesn't. Hens the destroyed drone and secret identity. He still does not trust them. He didn't learn shit.
>>
>>78906911
It'd take a long time to clean all that shit up. The fact there were workers operating the restaurant and cleared to sweep the debris already indicates some amount of time has passed.
>>
>>78906911
The implication is that they went directly after this all happened, you slippery fuck.
>>
>>78906091
>The thing is, Superman also directly attracted Zod to Earth by activating the scout ship.

Welcome to 80% of superhero comics. The villains wouldn't exist if it wasn't for the heroes. In fact the world would be a better place without them because they keep creating villains.
>>
>>78907023
He's entitled to his privacy like any citizen.
>>
>>78907132

No, he's not. Not after what he did.
>>
It's not like Clark had the best role models growing up. His dad suggested he let kids die to eliminate the chance of him revealing his alien nature and then commited suicide for the same reason.

Also this >>78906590
>>
>>78905730
>Superman literally releases Zod in Superman II
>nobody complains
>Thor makes Loki screws everyone over
>nobody complains
>Iron Man and Hulk make Ultron
>no problems there
>Batman creates and cultivates Joker
>people cheer
>pretty much every supervillain exists because the hero does
>this is a problem only now
>>
>>78907167
What did he do besides co-operate fully with the government and save the planet?
>>
>>78906091
Did you miss the part where US Military was actively excavating it? They would have inevitably activated the scout ship.
>>
>>78907217
The only thing that could activate it was the Master Key in Clark's posession.
>>
>>78907215

Directly responsible for the deaths of thousands, illegal alien with alien powers.

If he wanted people to trust him he should act like it.
>>
>>78907012
No I don't. He said he saved no one. I corrected him.
>>
>>78905730
Victim-blaming at it's finest.
>>
>>78907305
By not getting sent to earth? Then there's no movie and you have nothing to moan about.
>>
>>78907167
Go to bed Lex.
>>
>>78907282
The key wasn't made of magic. Do you really think that they wouldn't have eventually figured out how these things work?
>>
>>78907376

If you mean to say mos father has some of the blame, you are right. For all he knew the planet would have been destroyed next week, for all he knew Zod could still track him down. Again,terrible writing.

But mos also called Zod when we was rummaging on that derelict ship.
>>
>>78904801
Aquaman will be the reason DC takes over the world. Bitches are gonna be so wet for the Khal of the ocean.
>>
>>78906945

One of the major problems about mos is how it wants people to take it seriously but it doesn't want to do anything smart.
>>
>>78906091
>So that's one notch in his belt most other heroes don't fail.
Superman has literally failed this before in live action
Batman and Joker revolves around this "notch"
Ultron terrorism was entirely dedicated to this
The only difference is that in 1) and 2) civilian deaths were unhurt.
>>78907518
>For all he knew the planet would have been destroyed next week, for all he knew Zod could still track him down.
And what would you expect him to do with that knowledge, considering the movie opens with Zod defecting and staging a coup? Just chill in Zod-jail and plan a breakout for whenever the planet would explode? Is he going to ask Krypton when it feels like exploding so he can send Kal away at the exact moment?
>>
>>78907629
>The only difference is that in 1) and 2) civilian deaths were unhurt.
Literally what am I on
I meant "the only difference is that with Superman II and Ultron civilian deaths weren't implied in the finale."
>>
>>78902820
Superman has always been associated with Religion, autismo. He was created by jews.
>>
>>78905575
That is an argument. If people accept Tony Stark's version, this should be no different.

And you're a dumbass if you think that's it. Even in the trailers, he says things such as
"20 years in Gotham, how many good guys are left? How many stayed that way?"
"He has the power to wipe out the entire human race"
>>
File: kek cage.gif (2 MB, 177x150) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
kek cage.gif
2 MB, 177x150
>>78903140
>takes inhaler
>>
File: Bertolt-Brecht.jpg (235 KB, 600x875) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Bertolt-Brecht.jpg
235 KB, 600x875
>Pity the land that has no heroes.

>No, pity the land that has need of them.

Superheroes BTFO.
>>
>>78908892
well we could probably use them so i think its us thats btfo
>>
>>78903140
It seems like the world's greatest detective wouldn't need to ask someone if they bled, you know? Especially after he just drove a tank into them.
>>
>>78908892

shut up McConaughey
>>
>>78909478
How is he supposed to know shit about Alien Biology?
>>
>>78910022
He just drove a tank into the guy to no effect. What the fuck is the point of asking him questions? If being hit by a tank doesn't do shit, why even assume that if the guy bleeds that's a good thing or going to sound threatening? We've all seen Alien, it's fuckin 2016.

It's bad dialogue and as much as I'd like to blame Goyer, who has form in this regard, the only things that Terrio could possibly have changed if Goyer's credits are still intact (and they are) is the arrangement of scenes and the dialogue.

This is Terrio's contribution, and it's shitty.
>>
File: image.png (73 KB, 256x312) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.png
73 KB, 256x312
http://youtu.be/1T802ywNiYA
>>
>>78906091
REEVES SUPERMAN ALSO CAUSED ZOD TO COME TO EARTH WHEN HE TOSSED THE NUKE INTO SPACE RELEASING ZOD FROM THE PHANTOM ZONE FUCKER!
>>
>>78907023
>secret identity
You can trust in humanity in general and still take measures to insure that your family members are not in danger from the individual persons that would do them harm that do exist in the fucking world.
>>
>>78905525
>Literally no one thought Green Lantern was going to be good.
Yes we fucking did.
> Mark Strong as Sinestro
> Cool artistic designs for the Lanterns and powers.
> Ryan was a reasonably fine idea for Hal Jordan.
Litterally the only things that looked bad in the trailer was...
> Blake L
> Paralax's design
> Giant Head Guy.
>>
File: Kingdom Come.jpg (207 KB, 1024x778) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Kingdom Come.jpg
207 KB, 1024x778
>>78904768
>is that really when it started

No. It's been around since Day One. Ever since Wonder Woman was compared to the like of Aphrodite and Athena.
>>
>>78907986
But he's Jesus symbolism
>>
>>78906157
>>78906232
Your mother fucking idiots.
>>78906495
>He let a building crumble without care
He can't hold up a fucking building the structure would collapse around what portion of the building he was holding. And he launched himself out of the building as it fell so fast he was unable to recover and tumbled into the parking garage and Zod engaged him immediately as he came out of it.
>He let the tanker explode and destroy half a building
He was watching Zod the entire time, he did not notice what the truck contained his shocked reaction when it exploded proves this. And he payed for his mistake as the instant he turned back up in horror at the explosion Zod was upon him punching him down.
>He punched Zold through a building
No he did not. Closest he came to that was dragging Zod's face thru some windows as a spontaneous reaction to Zod punching him into the building opposite.
>>
File: qpdOn6k.gif (58 KB, 500x313) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
qpdOn6k.gif
58 KB, 500x313
>>78911049
>http://youtu.be/1T802ywNiYA

please don't tell me anyone but 7 year olds actually find this funny
>>
>>78906945
>Actively saving people the whole time
>not giving a fuck about the destruction., the people dying all around him while he fought Zod
YOU CAN NOT STOP IN THE MIDDLE OF A ONE ON ONE FIGHT TO SAVE PEOPLE YOU MOTHER FUCKING IDIOT!
The first time he tries to carry someone to safety Zod would instantly tear them from his grasp in to pieces.
The Single time Clark took his eyes off Zod to look back at the exploding parking garage, Zod was INSTANTLY punching him down.
ITS NOT FUCKING POSSIBLE, unless Zod just stands or floats around letting Clark save the people he already promised to kill one by one.
>>
>>78911361
>>
>>78911361
ok wondy is also literally a god. or a demigod. is she still War? eitehr way daughter ofZeus makes her holy
>>
File: dfgdfg.jpg (1 MB, 1753x1381) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
dfgdfg.jpg
1 MB, 1753x1381
>>78911361
This. Hell superman was designed way back by despair of the endless, as a sort of art piece.

If the endless aren't gods of the highest order (not counting monitors, cause reasons), then I don't know what is.

Superman is obviously a god. Just not in name.

Hell if fucking goku gets to be called one, then superman sure as hell IS one.
>>
>the thread delves into another MoS argument thread

Without fail.

The movie sucked, it made Superman boring in trying to make him relevant and modern. All the characters are awful. These are indisputable facts.
>>
File: b8.jpg (32 KB, 480x360) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
b8.jpg
32 KB, 480x360
>>78912175
>indisputable facts.

nice b8, m8. Your opinion is not fact, despite the size of your ego.
>>
>>78912175
No a perfect mary sue that can do anything and everything perfect is mother fucking boring, this did the opposite.
>>
>>78912125

were there any hints as to who killed the first despair?
>>
>>78905013
Baneposting has been going on for 4 years strong
>>
>>78912444
I can't recall any, no. I'd love to know.
>>
>>78911293
>Yes we fucking did
No we didn't. Don't you remember the threads making fun of the costume and effects?

>Ryan was a reasonably fine idea for Hal Jordan.
Literally no one thought that, there was a lot of Maverick from Top Gun comparisons

Of course you had the defense force after the film came out, people saying they're going to see it to "spite" the haters, but on the whole /co/ knew it was going to suck.
>>
>>78912343
>mary sue
confirmed for have never read a Superman story in his life
>>
>>78901770
Anyone who watches these deserves disappointment.

Also:
>Uncle Be- I mean, Pa Kent tells Klark that keeping his powers secret is more important than saving lives in the first movie
>Ma Kent tells him in the trailer for the second one that he doesn't owe this planet anything and never did
>this planet where he grew up and whose inhabitants were put in danger in the last movie just because he was here
>he doesn't owe it shit just because that's not where he was born

Why are the Kents such shit in these movies?
>>
>>78912632
>there was a lot of Maverick from Top Gun comparisons
That's exactly what we should be getting from a Pre Paralax Hal Jordan characterization.
That is his entire fucking character.
>>
>>78912689
>>Uncle Be- I mean, Pa Kent tells Klark that keeping his powers secret is more important than saving lives in the first movie
Yes because revealing himself could kill thousands if Muslims think his existence proves their god wrong.
>>
>>78912726
I was half-asleep during most of that movie and barely remember any of the dialogue. Did he actually say that during his explanation of why he should have left that schoolbuss full of kids to sink in the river?
>>
File: 20160111_223144.jpg (3 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
20160111_223144.jpg
3 MB, 4128x2322
>>78912662
>confirmed for have never read a Superman story in his life
Yeah... Good luck with that.
>>
>>78905066
>bad dream
except we've already seen in the previews that superman destroys the Wayne Enterprises building in Metropolis, so yeah, nah, you're a cunt.
>>
>>78912812
He said when people find out what you can do it will change everything, out beliefs, religion, science.
>>
>>78912812
>during his explanation of why he should have left that schoolbuss full of kids to sink in the river?
He never said that you literal autist.
>>
>>78902520
>The previews are painting them as equals
With Superman saying "if I wanted it you'd be dead already!"
With Alfred saying "it's suicide you edgy cunt!"
With Snyder saying 10 times already that Superman will fuck Batman up?
>>
>>78905730

>Considering his being sent to Earth was what lured the Kryptonians there in the first place?

Wouldn't that make it his father's fault then?
>>
>>78911586
You'd be surprised how many autists are out there, really.
>>
>>78911400
No, he is Moses symbolism
>sent away by his parents to be raised by another family
>is a beacon for his people
>>
>>78912689
I know you're being facetious on purpose, but come on. The whole point is that he could have chose to keep his powers to himself, but instead put himself out there to save people. Though I have to admit he didn't so much put himself out there as he was forced to reveal himself to the public.
Thread replies: 186
Thread images: 21
Thread DB ID: 399931



[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at wtabusse@gmail.com with the post's information.