[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

when the fuck is homestuck supposed to continue??

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 617
Thread images: 107

hussie better grease up my ass and spank me like a horny monkey if homestuck is not updated by april 13
>>
Read the news.
>>
>he didn't hear
homestuck continues on 4/13
Hiveswap out never, it'll continue being cut back until it's 1 dimensional
>>
But it will.

The better question is: Will Homestuck finally end or will Hussie keep on milking that webcomic with more characters? Now we have (Tavros), (Vriska), (Terezi) and all the other assholes from the GO!timeline.
>>
>>78862408
I think at this point it's clear everyone is sick of it and just want him to get a move on. And also destroy Davekat
>>
>tfw still hoping for Gamzee redemption
I JUST NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS TO THE FUCKING CLOWN HUSSIE
>>
When will Homestuck become good again?
>>
>>78862620
same time jade becomes relevant and hussie realizes that he can't court his old fanbase back by acting like steven universe
>>
News update fucking when

Zahhaq said it will be this month
>>
>>78862505
>destroy Davekat
Will never, ever, be destroyed. Embrace Hussie's Plan B to get his money back for having a progressive webcomic.
>>
>>78862772
More like destroy any interest by alienating the few people who care and not interesting the people who are interested in that sort of thing because they're busy watching Steven Universe
>>
File: cousin roxy.jpg (143KB, 650x487px) Image search: [Google]
cousin roxy.jpg
143KB, 650x487px
>>
>>78863279
So Grandpa didn't just get some bitch pregnant once, but twice.
Do Joey and Jude even have the same mom, or does Grandpa just congregate all his bastards together in the same place?
>>
>>78863279
Me in the middle.
>>
>>78863332
Jake seems like the kind to have a kid and then forget it exists entirely.
>>
File: jake put your clothes back on.png (71KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
jake put your clothes back on.png
71KB, 500x400px
>>78863529
Pretty sure that's kind of canon
>>
Which troll/kid had the best dynamic?

John/Vriska > Rose/Kanaya = Terezi/Dave > Karkat/Jade in that order.
>>
>>78863710
Karkat/Jade = Terezi/Dave > John/Vriska > Rose/Kanaya
>>
hopefully only some months until this corpse is ended
>>
>>78863710
the others >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> johnvris
>>
>all of Karkat insults
Do you guys actually believe that Karkat masturbates and fondles his dick out of boredom?
>>
>>78864025
No, he has Dave do that now.
>>
So do we all agree that Davepetasprite was the worst thing Hussie could've done with Davesprite?
>>
>>78864251
yes
>>
>>78862720
He meant exactly a month after the last one.
>>
>>78864251
The worst thing he could have done was hook him back up with Jade
>>
NuHussie is everything classic Hussie would have written multiple lengthy and colorful paragraphs mocking.
>>
How can people be so pathetically butthurt about a comic?
>>
>>78864549
You had to be there.
>>
>>78864549
You just don't understand, man.
>>
Is there still hope for a harem ending for John?
>>
>>78864549
And about davekat of all things?
>>
>>78864754
Major characters majorly shafted for the sake of worthless progressiveness get people majorly upset.
>>
>>78864747
was there ever
>>
>>78864789
Thank you for proving my point.
>>
File: act7.png (46KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
act7.png
46KB, 900x900px
>>
>>78864549
>how dare people get upset when things they enjoy end up doing things they don't like!

You must be fun at parties. How dare people have interests.
>>
>>78864251
He should've died. He's the only character that would really be better off dead. At least he wouldn't be Davesprite anymore.
>>
>>78864747
Yes.

The newest fanarts show John being surrounded by Terezi, Vriska and Roxy while Davekat and Rosemary are shoved in the diversity corner on the left. Also Terezi's fanon height being increased to make her taller than Karkat.
>>
>>78864981
Nah, Jake/Jane will happen
>>
>>78865014
>stop calling me out on being a bitter loser!
>>
File: karkledot.gif (1MB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
karkledot.gif
1MB, 700x394px
>>
File: bros.png (758KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
bros.png
758KB, 800x800px
>>
>>78865277
Struck a nerve huh.
>>
>>78865232
Do people really think Hussie has any intentions of making Jake/Jane canon? Like, at all?
>>
>>78865277
I'd say the loser is the guy who rags on others for having interests and being passionate about that.
You sound like the biggest fedoracore cuck on the planet.
>>
>>78865423
Yes, since their inception. Especially since Jake/Dirk is not happening in any capacity.
>>
i need more sexy vriska in my life
>>
>>78865498
Even the most thirsty-for-het r/homestuck members don't think JakeJane is endgame. You are deluded as fuck.
>>
>>78865626
Vriska was never sexy. She's not bad looking but her awful personality that rejected and reverted her character development and the deplorable way Hussie has written the story for her after she was killed make her intolerable.
>>
>>78865756
What, you mean you don't enjoy seeing every other bow to her wishes with no resistance so that she can be the leader? For shame!
>>
>>78865855
Vriska coming back to life as the unquestioned leader and true messiah of Homestuck seemed like a fucking setup to a punchline and the story doing something completely different from it that never came because the punchline is actually us for reading this shit.
>>
>>78865751
>reddit
Okay?
>>
>>78865751
/r/homestuck is actually one of the few dumb places that liked davekat, I really wouldn't take their opinion on anything. We've still got that overhanging prediction and it's not like Jane's stopped wanting to split herself on Jake's blunderbuss
>>
>>78865932
It did. It honestly felt like the first few pages of Summerteen Romance before it was revealed as Karkat's self-insert fanfic.

Literally everything that happened in the new timeline could've happened without Vriska and what's more, it wouldn't have involved Terezi being drained by Vriska's emotional vampirism.
>>
Homestuck will end with no ships, so Hussie can let everyone have their own stupid headcanons of what happens.
>>
>>78865967
Not to mention they've pretty much accepted everything Hussie's thrown at them so far and liked in one way or another.
>>
what would a "romantic" conversation between dave and karkat be like

fanart just makes them generic yaois
>>
>>78865932
Eridan coming back in that role instead of Vriska would have been the most amazing thing Hussie could have done.
>>
File: fuck you jade why are you happy.png (137KB, 628x545px) Image search: [Google]
fuck you jade why are you happy.png
137KB, 628x545px
>>
>>78865967
And all hiveswap tells us is that a version of Jake was really god damned horny, so it's not like he doesn't have a sex drive.
>>
>>78866301
Jake was never asexual, he's just retarded
>>
>>78866301
>>78866350
Do we know anything about Hussie's sex drive or sexuality in general? We love to say Vriska is his ultimate fantasy because of how he made her the main character and never punished her, and I wouldn't be surprised if he had a serious mind control fetish, but the dude reads like a completely asexual entity.
>>
>>78866420
That's what all weirdos seem like.
>>
Chill out and wait for the ride to resume with no expectations.
>>
Who was your first Homestuck fap, or one you'll always fondly return to?
>>
>>78866938
Jade
always Jade
Heck Rose and jade always more than the other homestuck characters, they're the most fappable by far
>>
>>78866938
Almost all of the characters are pretty attractive to be honest, though I lean towards the humans more.
>>
>>78867080
It's cause they've got all those fetishes you can associate
>>
>>78866938
Bro Strider

he's awful but he's hot
>>
>>78867140
childpile anon are you still around
>>
>>78867204
As around as ever, for better and for worse.
>>
>>78867322
worse
>>
>>78867080
Jade's the peppy nature girl and Rose the haughty bookworm, both classic girl cliches that are highly fuckable
Homestuck's got good waifus if anything
>>
who dirkdave here?
>>
>>78867756
I'm always up for Dirk/Dave.
>>
>>78867816
I'm not gonna lie, their heart-to-heart is what made me ship it.

Too bad it happened after fandom died. ;~;
>>
bad thread
>>
File: tumblr_nn4drznriu1sfat89o1_1280.png (249KB, 593x684px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nn4drznriu1sfat89o1_1280.png
249KB, 593x684px
>>78867983
The fandom shrunk, but it's not dead just yet. At least, the portions at Reddit, Tumblr, MSPAF and MSPARP are still bustling.
>>
>>78868057
I know, I just deeply resent the fact there are so few readable Dirk/Dave fics.
>>
>>
>>78868122
Yeah, I getcha - basically if you're looking for any fics that don't involve the most popular ships, you're nigh shit out of luck. And it takes even more digging to find one that doesn't have out-of-character writing and such.
>>
>>
>>78865756
there's something about a girl that'd step on your dick that's sexy
>>
>>78868402
Man, even the popular pairings are fucking unreadable at this point. The only ship that seems to be growing instead of dying on ao3 is Davekat.
>>
>>78868664
What a horrible way to die
Guess all the Johnkat people jumped ship
>>
>>78868664
Well of course - since Rose/Kanaya has been stagnating for a while now, Dave/Karkat is there to take over its legacy of pouring a bunch of generic fluff and hurt/comfort fics onto AO3.

I don't expect this to last for long when the comic resumes, however.
>>
>>78868955
I hope Hussie will try and recreate the asspain that occurred from the end of Naruto
>>
>>78868985
Hell, I've been betting that Rose/Kanaya is going to be sunk for a while now, if that and Dave/Karkat gets BTFO at the same time I will laugh and laugh.
>>
>>78868985
Won't work, lots of people still like Jade
>>
>>78869086
>None of these little kids are going to look at whatever I make next, so fuck it

Don't get me wrong it would be *great*, but Hussie's too beta to try it.
>>
>>78869166
Not as much as they like feeling good about being progressive
>>
>>78869313
Well he doesn't have much to lose now that he's determined to end the story. It's a good opportunity to do what he wants to do without being weighed in much by the fandom.
>>
>ITT:We write the ending for homestuck
Literally anything we could think of will be better than what Hussie would do.
>>
>>78869933
John deletes homestuck
You should have done more selfies. Jokes on you.
>>
>>78869933

the ending is probably from before new hussie
>>
>>78869933
>(Vriska) saves the dreambubbles with the power of friendship, gets her harem with post-retcon dead John, (Terezi), (Tavros) and Meenah
>Jane, Jade and Jake do something cool and that's it
>Vriska gets obliterated and we wasted time for John bringing her back
>Karkat was an actual epilogue-only character all along and gets with Dave, Hussie wastes panels of them kissing each other while every Homestuck character is clapping and saying "Congratulations"
>John bangs Roxy and Terezi on the background, fucking Dave's mom and Karkat's gf and eternally btfo'ing both of them

There you go.
>>
>>78869933
>LE destroys the Green Sun
>The critical crack resulting from this cascades outward and all of reality collapses within the circle erasing all wayward souls trapped in it
>The four heroes re-emerge from the juju prison as one unified soul occupying John's body, which has since grown used to carrying multiple souls within at once and is the only one with a body strong enough to withstand the effort
>Hussnasty fistfight between LE and the hero in the absolute void, with powers thrown in occasionally for effect
>The hero kills LE, his souls unmerge and disperse into the void
>The hero collapses on the brink of death from exhaustion, John forces an unmerge and sends the other 3's souls back to reality to return to life before the clock can strike 'Heroic'
>Alt Calliope uses the last of her power to seal the breach forever, her soul vanishes into the ether as well
>Survivors enter the new universe, their victory assured and their legend inscribed within Skaia's mythos forevermore
>Epilogue
>John finds a skeleton man in a black coat in the void that offers to play a board game with him

theres my fanfic. also, kanaya dies in the conflict somehow. It's very tragic and dramatic and overdrawn and the mspa reader doesn't give a damn and skips ahead.
>>
>>78870736
I like it.
>>
>>78870736
Callin it. The juju prison is merging them all to become Andrew Hussie himself. The only other meta character with LE "awareness" of the story.

Also the fact those 2 characters have been fucking with eachother throughout time and space
>>
File: 1437945304784.png (562KB, 1227x1125px) Image search: [Google]
1437945304784.png
562KB, 1227x1125px
>>78867816
This image always cracks me up.
>>
>>78866420
>the dude reads like a completely asexual entity.
the Mindfang erotica was pretty hot
I think even Hussies get horny
>>
>>78871183
Was this earnest or a trolling attempt? I honestly can't even tell.
>>
>>78869086
>Hell, I've been betting that Rose/Kanaya is going to be sunk for a while now
And we have told you many times it's retarded to expect them to break up for no reason. You are an idiot and every time you post your idiotic theory I get flashbacks to wonk saying davesprite would become the alpha dave.
>>
>>78871411
I think that was genuine, but honestly at this point parody and actual cancer are practically indistinguishable.
>>
>>78871411
It was earnest. Tumblr sees Dave a a fat black ftm
>>
So if hussie does indeed end on 4/13 is he gonna post it all at once or start in febuary or something to end then
>>
Oppa Homestuck style!
>>
>>78871975
Remember when Dante Basco made that cringeworthy music video with Homestuck cosplayers?
>>
>>78864251
He could have had him killed offscreen or be completely forgotten.
Actually wait, that might have been the better options.

>>78864413
That's weirdly accurate. I wonder if he looks upon his old politically incorrect comics with disdain now, or if he wishes he could make them again without risking violent backlash from his internet circle.
>>
>>78871633
This is MSPA we're talking about. He'll release 50 pages on 4/13, then do a bi-daily schedule for two weeks, then have another pause until October.
>>
File: no.jpg (16KB, 499x280px) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
16KB, 499x280px
>>78872278
>>
File: 1414259831752.png (17KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1414259831752.png
17KB, 600x600px
Who is best Felt?
>>
>>78871183
It's all that excess character development. Shit really fattens you up.

>>78872278
I wish you weren't so close to the truth.
>>
>>78872360
Crowbar.
>>
>>78872360
CLOVER
>>
>>78871495
>we
You are not everyone in these threads, anon. And I didn't say they'll break up for no reason, but rather something will come up between them because as it is, their happy-go-lucky relationship is out of place.
>>
>>78872536
>but rather something will come up between them because as it is, their happy-go-lucky relationship is out of place
There is nothing to come up. Yes they are happy but breaking them up because they are happy is even dumber than wonk was. You are dumber than wonk and bkew combined
>>
>>78864549
In a nutshell: it starts off OK and quickly becomes one of the most innovative, cleverly executed webcomics on the internet. Then the bad decisions start piling up until you can't ignore them.
The story is unfinished, and worse, on hiatus. This makes everything harder to stomach, because there's a small glimmer of hope that quality will improve again, if only we can stick around during half a year's worth of silent hiatus.

There are a few kinds of response to this, from what I've seen:
-Stop caring about the comic entirely, likely move on to something else (like many have done with Undertale or SU)
-Remain a fan and be somewhat excited for the end of hiatus (requires endless optimism, trust in Hussie and/or low standards)
-Shrug it off, because you like the comic, but aren't so attached to it that it starts to affect you emotionally.
-Remain a "fan", anally devastated by the direction the story has been taking, waiting in anguish for the comic to be over so you can finally move on with your life (and, maybe, if you're lucky, be satisfied with the ending)

>>78872360
Cans and Stitch are pretty neat.
>>
>>78872591
You're awfully mad about the suggestion of a ship sinking in a comic where ships sinking happen fairly often.
Alao Meenah and Vriska had a happy relationship that broke up pretty quickly, it's not implausible.
>>
>Meenah kills LE, BTFO everyone else and takes Karkat as her sex partner.
>Karkat does awesome shit in the final battle.
>Terezi dies.
>Rose dies suckling on Karkats COCK in front of Kanaya.
>Kanaya turns into a fetishistic mother for Karkat.
>Humans go away reeee
>Trolls enslave humans anyways.
>Meenah rightfully rules the universe with a sissified Karkat at her side.
>Porrim secretly acts like a mommy towards Meenah.
If this isn't the end of HD I'm shooting up a comic con.
>>
>>78866031
Remember when we were all reading the update, and everything seemed off? How we thought the characters spoke weirdly or were outright OOC, or how we believed Vriskagram and what followed was some kind of psycheout timeline or Vriska's own fanfic? It HAD to be some kind of trick, right? Hussie, with his -incredible- writing skills, wouldn't have dared pull off this kind of thing, right? Right??

Haha. Good times.

>>78872982
Those are some oddly specific fetishes you have here.
>>
File: 1451112342100.jpg (112KB, 572x303px) Image search: [Google]
1451112342100.jpg
112KB, 572x303px
What's Homestuck?
>>
>>78872856
>Alao Meenah and Vriska had a happy relationship that broke up pretty quickly
They only got together because they were all alone and there was an age difference. Rose and kanaya got together and didn't even break up when rose was drunk their whole relationship. If that wasn't enough to break them up in a time line where they are much closer and happier nothing will
>>
>>78873020
MODS
>>
Vriska making everything better is obviously going to blow up in their faces. Like TerezI already had doubts before she remem8ered
>>
>>78873275
From a scale to 1 to 10, where 1 is "minor inconvenience" and 10 "session-wide disaster", how horribly is the creation of GCATavrosprite going to backfire?
>>
>>78873239
And you really think a relationship between a main character and a primary secondary character is just going to stay in the background and be relatively shallow, just like that?
>>
>>78873354
*On a scale. (I can't seem to English tonight.)
(I'd personally bet on something like 4, with it being a slight problem that is eventually easily resolved.)
>>
>>78873354
3>>78873402
>And you really think a relationship between a main character and a primary secondary character is just going to stay in the background and be relatively shallow, just like that?
Yes? We don't need to go in depth on how happy they are together now. They are together and going strong it doesn't need to be a focus
>>
>>78873638
So why have them in a relationship in the first place if it'll ultimately not factor much in their characters?
>>
Reminder that Caliborn's OC will become real.
Davepeta is the coat and green wings,GCATavros is the electricity, Nannasprite is the scar, Slick is the hands and staff. Mix it all together with LE's soul and the final boss is formed.
>>
>>78874214
But Vriska's coat is LE's.
>>
>>78872278
probably start in like late march or something. idk.
>>
update soon
>>
>>78878619
Literally never ever.
>>
>>78866938
>Who was your first Homestuck fap
It was a Jane and Roxy picture.
>one you'll always fondly return to
EVERY GIRL. I don't know how Hussie did it, but every girl is sexy.
>>
>>78873221
http://mspaintadventures.com/

Do not skip any intermission. They are relevant to the story, unlikely as it may seem.

Now, leave this thread and don't come back until you've finished act 5, because spoilers. The Big Bad kills John
>>
>>78873354
On whatever my post ends.
0 is 10
>>
File: matchsticks.png (332KB, 909x701px) Image search: [Google]
matchsticks.png
332KB, 909x701px
>>78872360
Fireman Dan
>>
is there even one good artist still in the fandom
>>
File: tumblr_o0p4sxgY9R1ru9hzto1_1280.jpg (365KB, 1280x621px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0p4sxgY9R1ru9hzto1_1280.jpg
365KB, 1280x621px
>>78881127
If you're willing to keep digging.
>>
>>78881127
me
>>
>>78862581
Same.
>>
>>78881127
They're rare

It's legitimately really sad to see how rare.
>>
>>78881580
I suspect when the comic comes back, it'll cause an explosion.
>>
File: tumblr_nivhkyaRFh1rfdqsho1_400.png (15KB, 386x412px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nivhkyaRFh1rfdqsho1_400.png
15KB, 386x412px
>>78881127
someone made this drawing recently, i think it's pretty good

also i am a huge johnfag, any cute art of john would be greatly appreciated
>>
File: tumblr_nrundbtyL01sj810co1_1280.png (112KB, 586x738px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nrundbtyL01sj810co1_1280.png
112KB, 586x738px
>>78882679
Cheers.
>>
File: tumblr_m8b29dlbno1qhymcoo1_540.png (259KB, 508x561px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m8b29dlbno1qhymcoo1_540.png
259KB, 508x561px
>>78882717
>>
File: tumblr_ns4tlnKXSr1qk35e9o1_1280.png (316KB, 776x674px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ns4tlnKXSr1qk35e9o1_1280.png
316KB, 776x674px
>>78882735
>>
File: tumblr_nsssqr965y1rah6tbo1_1280.jpg (814KB, 600x776px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nsssqr965y1rah6tbo1_1280.jpg
814KB, 600x776px
>>78882780
>>
File: tumblr_mb89iyPo9E1r6bpvlo1_1280.jpg (398KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mb89iyPo9E1r6bpvlo1_1280.jpg
398KB, 1280x960px
>>78882800
>>
File: tumblr_mgfohhHZGh1qm6tzgo1_1280.jpg (543KB, 1005x1920px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mgfohhHZGh1qm6tzgo1_1280.jpg
543KB, 1005x1920px
>>78882815
>>
>>78872278
I'll give myself a fucking ulcer if that happens.

But I totally expect him to drop a decent sized update then do a horse calendar for the rest of Act 6 while he finishes the epilogue
>>
File: tumblr_merpukawlD1r90wcx.png (223KB, 429x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_merpukawlD1r90wcx.png
223KB, 429x750px
>>78882890
>>
>>78882921
>>
File: tumblr_np7rv6gX8u1scg7guo1_1280.png (2MB, 1196x1273px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_np7rv6gX8u1scg7guo1_1280.png
2MB, 1196x1273px
>>78882956
>>
File: tumblr_nmpjp3XCiP1sl8rcmo1_1280.jpg (552KB, 1280x1507px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nmpjp3XCiP1sl8rcmo1_1280.jpg
552KB, 1280x1507px
>>78882970
>>
File: tumblr_mx3d5uWNYy1t4bdz4o1_1280.png (733KB, 800x1175px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mx3d5uWNYy1t4bdz4o1_1280.png
733KB, 800x1175px
>>78882987
>>
>>78879784
Matchsticks is underrated. His power's pretty cool.
>>
What the fuck does Breath do again?
>>
>>78883228
never get halitosis
>>
>>78883228
It, combined with Blood, inspires Communism (the opposite of Freedom).
>>
>>78883228
Confuses everyone who's not a Breath player, like Void does.
>>
>>78881265
>what homestuck should have been
>>
>>78868588

>there's something about a girl that'd step on your dick that's sexy

Would say she'd shove a glass rod up your urethra and step on your dick?
>>
>>78883304
>what I wanted Homestuck to be
>why couldn't it be what I wanted it to be!
>>
>>78883338
I want homestuck to be good.
>>
This comic....game?.....is still going?
>>
File: just.gif (1MB, 427x240px) Image search: [Google]
just.gif
1MB, 427x240px
>>78883306
>>
>>78883409
tentative date for resuming is 4/13, no ETA on the game's release
>>
>>78883374
the comic you had faith in was a homestuck that only existed in your head.
>>
>>78883577
a bad comic can be bad regardless of preconceived notions, Andrew.
>>
File: 1328167750683.png (18KB, 393x311px) Image search: [Google]
1328167750683.png
18KB, 393x311px
>>78883228
The aspects are fundamentally based in vague symbolism. Any of them can do anything if the bearer is creative enough to make the metaphor work.
>>
>>78883637
This is pretty much correct. Light, for instance, can be taken as some abstract idea of 'victory' or 'fortune', but a good Light player, if interpreting the aspect literally, can manipulate physical light.
>>
>>78883637
>Any of them can do anything if the bearer is creative enough to make the metaphor work.
That's actually a really nice way of putting it. Still just an excuse for Hussie's wasting of lore potential, but a nice way of putting it.
>>
File: 1445733491001.png (67KB, 519x489px) Image search: [Google]
1445733491001.png
67KB, 519x489px
>>78883937
>Still just an excuse for Hussie's wasting of lore potential,
it wouldn't be homestuck without wasted potential

>lol you expected cool things to happen? let me write nothing but trash for the sole purpose of subverting everyone's expectations
>>
File: tumblr_my1jsvF2IK1qipmxjo1_1280.png (509KB, 480x1920px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_my1jsvF2IK1qipmxjo1_1280.png
509KB, 480x1920px
>>78883228
Breath, along with light, are supposed to represent the metaphysical, religious concepts of creation and such (the pneuma, "let there be light"), so breath is supposed to be like accumulating spiritual power and applying it to oneself and others. Or something like that.
>>
>>78884012
No, but a large amount of his audience (i.e. the place that shall not be named) loves the trash to death. He's trying to juggle writing the trash to please them in a way so that he can still crawl back to the original fans and try to say "Hey! Th-this is just meta h-humor! It's ir-ronic and you can tell I'm just f-fucking with you!"
>>
>>78873208
>Remember when we were all reading the update, and everything seemed off? How we thought the characters spoke weirdly or were outright OOC, or how we believed Vriskagram and what followed was some kind of psycheout timeline or Vriska's own fanfic? It HAD to be some kind of trick, right? Hussie, with his -incredible- writing skills, wouldn't have dared pull off this kind of thing, right? Right??
oh man, all those theories
>maybe calliope is writing this part of the story!
>maybe vriska is MCing everyone and that's why they act weird!
>>
>>78863279
HOLD THE FUCKING PHONE IS ROXY GOING TO BE IN THE GAME???
>>
>>78884240
That is young Mom. Though it is perculiar that she has the exact same symbol on her shirt.
>>
>>78884334
it's to remind all the braindead homestuck fans that mom and roxy are the same person.
>>
>>78884388
>mom and roxy are the same person
but that's literally wrong, they just have the same genes
>>
>>78884422
In Homestuck world, that makes you the same person, unless you were Davesprite.
>>
File: 1342828515896.png (140KB, 400x380px) Image search: [Google]
1342828515896.png
140KB, 400x380px
>>
what font and size do homestuck pesterlogs use?
>>
>>78884505
We just had that long convo between Dave and Dirk that says that's not necessarily the case.

>>78884661
It's 10px Courier, if you can do an aliasing effect on the text that'd also be preferable.
>>
>>78882717
>John can transmute himself and anything he holds into wind
>Logically refining this technique, John could theoretically turn only things he's holding into air, then store them within his body to be recalled later, like some sort of sublimation/declination captchalogue system to make up for his lack of one after losing Wallet
>He stores absurd objects using this, such as Gundam-size mechs, thousands of copies of the full-size Quills of Echidna, and alt copies of himself he's met in the dreambubbles and rescued from their fate, as well as common stuff like blueberry gushers and a portable keyboard
>During battle he spontaneously summons hundreds of giant, spinning, caustic drill-needles that bore through everything
>Teammates stop fighting and just stop and stare as everything is reduced to dust from this onslaught
>He never thinks any of this is unusual or weird; this scale of force was normal for Jade and him on the 3-year journey
>He's slightly unnerved when the others tell him this isn't normal in any way
>>
>>78884957
Damn, if only.
>>
File: johnaldtrump.png (41KB, 762x612px) Image search: [Google]
johnaldtrump.png
41KB, 762x612px
>>78884661
>>78884924
thanks family
>>
>>78885072
Stunning work. Can you make it in bold? I think that's what's missing.
>>
>>78885166
text is bold
>>
File: Capture3.png (2KB, 378x69px) Image search: [Google]
Capture3.png
2KB, 378x69px
>>78885185
Is it? Alright. This came up before where the font appears differently depending on software settings. Personally I don't know much about these things.
>>
>>78883306
THE RIDE NEVER ENDS

What about unwashed yellowblood Vriska, anon? What about Ganguro Vriska? What about pain slut Rose? What about Cockanaya Anon??!
>>
>>78885360
I used (bold) Courier New, size 10 font in MS paint.
>>
>>78885072
#MAKEPARADOXSPACEGREATAGAIN
>>
File: 1371025641169.png (10KB, 342x254px) Image search: [Google]
1371025641169.png
10KB, 342x254px
>>
NEW NEWSPOST

UPDATES COMING FEBRUARY 1st
>>
>>78886104
Weakest bait I've ever seen. It won't work when we've already been given an exact date for when updates resume long ago.
>>
>>78885072
>>78885949
We're going to build a wall and Alternia's going to pay for it.
>>
File: 1351547331296.png (257KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1351547331296.png
257KB, 512x512px
>>78886378
In your fucking dreams, chump.
>>
>>78886128
We haven't been given a date yet numbnuts.
>>
>>78886811
4/13, you chump. Actually read the news post next time.
>>
>>78886841
You read the newspost scrub.

>I would like to shoot for 4/13 of next year to have it wrapped up.

Hussie wants it to END by then. Not start updates.
>>
>>78865316
why does this scene look familiar
I don't remember it from any of the flashes
>>
>>78886877
It's a scene from the latest Steven Universe episode.
>>
>>78886867
then it stands to reason that the updates will begin some time before that date, smart one
>>
>>78886914
Yes exactly. That date could be between tomorrow or 4/12
>>
>>78886949
UPDATE CONFIRMED FOR TOMORROW
>>
>>78886949
I recall him saying that he was done with regular content, and there would be only some brief buildup before the final flashes, and he wanted to release it all roughly at once.

But he also said this about the content before this damn pause started, so who knows. I seriously doubt he'll post anything before 4/13 even gets close to rolling around.
>>
Someone post some freedoms. I want to start a folder.
>>
>>78886998
He's not done with regular content.

>This doesn't mean you're seeing all that will happen before the endstuff. After the pause there'll be another stretch of pages more in the vein of escalating material, which I think is better to post closer to the animation that follows it, rather than now and get everybody hype for a whole lot of waiting.

Also it's more likely he'll stagger the updates lest he wants the servers to crash like last time.
>>
File: 1391158138950.jpg (14KB, 318x284px) Image search: [Google]
1391158138950.jpg
14KB, 318x284px
I was there

I was there in /hsg/ when we were going crazy for Tavros to kiss Vriska

What in God's name were we doing, /co/? What were we doing...
>>
>>78887091
We were fools.
>>
>>78887091
there was hope, potential, the lolgaysingularity wasn't a thing
>>
>>78862620
>again
>>
>>78862620
When will America be made great again?
>>
File: 1451628473688.gif (4MB, 380x610px) Image search: [Google]
1451628473688.gif
4MB, 380x610px
>>78887021
Here is the Ultimate Freedom.
>>
>>78883130
It's pretty much immunity to fire, right? And he can pretty much do what Eggs and Biscuits do as well as long as there's lots of fire.
>>
>>78866938
Vriska
>>
>>78883637
Man. I've brought up that idea in the past on the forums, but it never picked up any support. People there just preferred more rigid, uniform ideas. Abstract interpretations of the aspects and classes' functions seemed like a step too high for anyone to understand back then. Wonder if it's changed at all now.
>>
Why the fuck did the Homestuck fandom just die off? I just started reading it again after a year and it's so tiny compared to what it used to be.
>>
File: hahahahahahahha.png (98KB, 495x422px) Image search: [Google]
hahahahahahahha.png
98KB, 495x422px
>>78881127
>2016
>good artists
Not while that one site remains the fandom's fanart dump
>>
File: themangrits.png (200KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
themangrits.png
200KB, 768x1024px
>>78882679
how do you feel about HOT art of john?
>>
>>78889188
Multiple hiatuses drove away most people
other stuff handling LGBT issues better drove away the tumblrites
having forced gay shit drove away the remaining people
>>
>>78889188
Hiatus
People finally realize that Homestuck is mediocre
Bandwagons (Undertale, SU etc.)
>>
File: blackromkatnep.png (214KB, 809x689px) Image search: [Google]
blackromkatnep.png
214KB, 809x689px
>>78884538
Black KatNep is the only KatNep that matters.
>>
>>78889321
>>78889344
>implying people won't come back to homestuck once undertale and SU die, again
It's like OFF
>>
>>78889188
Ridiculously long hiatuses combined with dwindling quality combined with the fact that honestly? there are better canons out there that you can also have fun with.
>>
File: 1430089079318.jpg (472KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1430089079318.jpg
472KB, 1000x1500px
>>78889299
>>
>>78889389
>with dwindling quality

More like sudden drop in quality.
latest intermission really killed any interest
>>
>>78889368
Please, OFF was nowhere near as popular as Undertale.
>>
File: godblesshammerkind.png (109KB, 869x299px) Image search: [Google]
godblesshammerkind.png
109KB, 869x299px
>>78889401
A true classic.
>>
>>78889299
wonder if john will pull a jake and knock up someone then just leave for parts unknown
>>
>>78889496
Nah, that'll be Jade
>>
Meenah leglocking Karkat and forcing him to impregnate her.
>>
>>78889496
no he's gonna knock up roxy and then be a super great dad to their kid

he's gonna live up to dadbert's legacy

(minus the pipe because smoking is bad for you)
>>
>>78889633
forced impregnation is jade and jane's territory
>>
>>78889675
>needing to be forced into anything with jade or jane
>>
>>78889747
dave does, now that he's gay
>>
>>78889968
He's bi, you stupid fuck.
>>
>>78890037
>he's gay
fixed that for you
>>
>>78890080
>Dating Karkat
>Attracted to Jane

Yeah, he's bisexual.
>>
>>78890111
>Attracted to Jane
that's just him wanting a mom, like he said
he's fully 100% gay because it's the cool thing to do to keep your work relevant
>>
>>78890188
you are so buttdevastated it's incredible. All Hussie did was make Dave bi and have him date Karkat. If anything Hussie's made it pretty clear he's still attracted to women.
>>
>>78890229
hussie made it clear he gives no shits about dave or karkat's development if he can get the tumblrinas spending money on his stuff again
>>
>>78890229
>implying dave is bi and it's not just a red herring
I've still faith that some small part of the actual hussie still persists
>>
File: Jade[139].jpg (44KB, 738x667px) Image search: [Google]
Jade[139].jpg
44KB, 738x667px
>>78863667
Baby Jade is cute!
CUTE!
>>
File: calliopepe.png (11KB, 395x385px) Image search: [Google]
calliopepe.png
11KB, 395x385px
>>78890343
>Spent years thinking her grandpa killed himself
>>
>>78890343
jade's like 10 there though
>>
>>78890378
this comic is wrong, dave's a milf lover, not a pedo
>>
>>78890480
no hes a homo
>>
File: babies.gif (14KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
babies.gif
14KB, 500x400px
>>78890378
>>
>>78889633
>not Meenah forcing Vriska to clean her body
>with her tongue
>8 times
>>
>>78890673
>>
Alright. So I've had so much shit spoiled for me, thankfully my memory is like a damned sieve and I remember jack shit of the spoilers other than John being a corpse at some point in the future, had to happen.

But I'm up to the end of Act 3 and I'm so fucking lost already. Like, everyone is on Sburb now and the Trolls are getting introduced and I'm giggling my arse off at Dave trolling the troll with homo-sexuality jokes, and Jade is SENDING SHIT BACK IN TIME IN COLLABORATION WITH MYSTIC POWERS to John to SEND TO HERSELF, so you might imagine it's all a tad wee bitty confusing for lil' ol' me.

THE FUCK, JADE. STOP THAT. EVERYTHING WAS SOMEWHAT UNDERSTANDABLE UNTIL YOU HAD YOUR DREAM SEQUENCE. HOW DID JOHN GET THERE? WHY IS YOUR DOG MAGICAL? WHAT'S ALL THIS TRANSPORTIFY AND SEER-LIKE SHIT? WHY IS THE NANA-SPRITE WRITING A MESSAGE NOW SHE ALREADY WROTE IN THE PAST?

I hate time-paradox shit, it's too much for my tiny little mind to handle. Some please send help and explain it like I am a child.
>>
>>78889633
Troll biology doesn't even work that way you sperg.
>>
>>78891918
Here's a slight spoiler that'll help ease the confusion: The things she sees in her dreams are premonitions of things to come. Also, her "dream self" will be explained, just pay attention to the geography of the Medium Remember, John is as clueless as you are in this, and Jade, Dave, and Rose all are the ones to dish out info on the confusing shit.
>>
>>78882921
gay
>>
>>78891918
Everything is retconned, anon.
>>
>>78884014
why are jane and jake dark?
>>
>>78892058
because childpile has no taste in images
>>
>>78892044
OH HELL NO.

Don't you say that, that means reading the comic is pointless.
>>
>>78891918
80% of weird time shit is just the cause chronologically happening after the effect thanks to time travel.
>>
File: 1451282293236.png (61KB, 1130x700px) Image search: [Google]
1451282293236.png
61KB, 1130x700px
>>
File: I'M NOT CARLOS.jpg (7KB, 276x183px) Image search: [Google]
I'M NOT CARLOS.jpg
7KB, 276x183px
>>78892127
Holy christ's puckered anus that is amazing.

This a legit kelly?
>>
>>78892069
that things were retconned is a plot point
>>
>>78892197
WHAT.

THIS MAKES NO SENSE.

MY BRAIN HURTS.

I AGREE WITH THIS GUY:
http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=003151
>>
>>78892166
Are you simple?
>>
>>78885072
Is this the new freedom posting I've been dreaming off?
>>
>>78892420
That has nothing to do with freedom.
>>
>>78892459
the trolls are free to do what ever they want on their side of the wall.
>>
>>78892475
Free to die you mean.
>>
>>78892495
only if they come to our side of the wall
>>
File: canon.png (316KB, 650x574px) Image search: [Google]
canon.png
316KB, 650x574px
>>78892058
well if john and jade are dark logically jake and jane have to be
>>
File: 1449464074753.png (20KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1449464074753.png
20KB, 800x800px
>>78892571
>>
File: showgirl jade.jpg (549KB, 781x1149px) Image search: [Google]
showgirl jade.jpg
549KB, 781x1149px
>>78892592
why is there just a blank panel
>>
>>78892645
shame about that jade's face
>>
>>78892689
Jade is canon hot bod butterfaced
>>
File: 1449620189601.png (65KB, 1024x600px) Image search: [Google]
1449620189601.png
65KB, 1024x600px
>>78892058
sjws and niggers
>>
>>78892710
>implying Jade isn't the prettiest girl if she cleans up a bit
>>
>>78892833
She's got huge buck teeth. Of course, if you're into that...
>>
File: 1435506981675.png (13KB, 479x423px) Image search: [Google]
1435506981675.png
13KB, 479x423px
>>78892887
Vriska also has a huge overbite. No wonder she keeps on "smiling" on her overworld sprite.
>>
File: pretty dress.jpg (164KB, 1280x1550px) Image search: [Google]
pretty dress.jpg
164KB, 1280x1550px
>>78892887
>implying they don't add to her adorableness
>implying they're that big
>>
>>78892935
It's the long black hair and the green eyes really. Best combination
>>
Niggas I'm still reading through this and I've just seen the Windswept Questant. Fuck Jade and Rose, echk, WQ is sexy and they're just underage uglies.
>>
File: Yes Now All It Needs Is My Penis.png (669KB, 898x1126px) Image search: [Google]
Yes Now All It Needs Is My Penis.png
669KB, 898x1126px
>>78893016
>wants to fuck a literal living chess piece with no outer genitalia
>>
>>78893041
These four niggas, the guardians or whatever, Seer, Knight, etc. They're chess pieces?

Huh, well while three of them are skinny lanky fuckers, WQ is actually curvy, they wouldn't wear clothes if they weren't naked with shit to expose underneath.
>>
>>78893041
Who needs genitals when you have a perfectly good mouth?
>>
File: awesome princess dentist.jpg (111KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
awesome princess dentist.jpg
111KB, 600x800px
>>78893102
WQ doesn't have a visible mouth either.
>>
>>78893164
Well that's the most horrifying picture I've seen in quite some time.
>>
>>78866301

>tfw jake is one of the only cartoon dudes youve actually wanted to fuck

i just love hot, stupid boys
>>
>>78893164
Who needs a mouth when you have a perfectly good eyesocket?
>>
>>78893080
The Seer is Rose and the Knight is Dave.
>>
http://www.mediafire.com/download/r1yk1k8481ce68f/hiveswap%282%29.exe

this is the best thing I have ever played

hussie does it again
>>
>>78893262
Thank Syb for drawing art of that.
>>
File: room56.gif (12KB, 940x175px) Image search: [Google]
room56.gif
12KB, 940x175px
>>78893164
That's just a stylistic choice.
>>
File: time to go be a slut.gif (2MB, 250x167px) Image search: [Google]
time to go be a slut.gif
2MB, 250x167px
>>78893262
The WQ also has rather small beady eyesockets that are also almond shaped
>>
>>78872856

>happy relationship
vriska needed someone to hero worship and model herself after once meeting aranea ruined mindfang for her
meenah was just happy to have a loyal cronie who wound bend over and suck her dick for every decision since all of her friends are either gone (aranea, karkat, dirk, dave) and everyone else she knows doesn't really want anything to do with her

they were a shitty relationship to begin with, that's why they fell apart immediately
>>
>>78893348
Good thing all our dicks could easily fit.
>>
>>78893348
Wish I had a roxy-cosplaying gf
>>
>hussie forcing high-tier backers to sign a NDA

I know someone who did and he said he already leaked the contents here, but I can't find it
help
>>
>>78893689
>nothing other than anecdotal evidence
nah
>>
>>78893700
nice try, what pumpkin employee running damage control
>>
>>78893715
I see a lot of buzzwords but not a lot of actual evidence.
>>
File: 1420783887794.png (26KB, 441x286px) Image search: [Google]
1420783887794.png
26KB, 441x286px
>>78893348
>started reading too late to enjoy the golden age of naked attention whoring cosplay
What's the fucking point. All I see are occasional relics.
>>
>>78889410
No, but it has that strange quality where people consistently come back to it after they lose interest in their new game. Undertale works a bit too much on topical humor styles, and although it doesn't really have memes in it like some say, it has a style of humor which most likely will not age well. OFF, on the other hand, is vague in both its story and humor. It doesn't really rely on anything new to make it work. While less funny in the moment, it tends to last a bit longer than something like Undertale.
>>
File: tripple p.jpg (212KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
tripple p.jpg
212KB, 1080x720px
>>78893801
There's still quite a lot of naked attention whores, even just in the archives. Occasionally nowadays you get good new stuff still too. You just gotta filter out the trannies, the really fat chicks, and the overly hairy out of shape dudes.
>>
>>78893689
is there another tumblr who said they received one of those?
>>
>>78893801
>hsg harasses homesmut girls to the point of them deleting blogs
>all we have now is landwhales and boys pretending to be feminine
You deserved it
>>
>>78893884
Filter out, assumes I know where to get a steady fix of basic quality
Teach me the way anon. Spoon feed me. Even if I can't be eternally grateful at least we'll have tonight.
>>
>>78893948
>things that didnt happen
>>
>>78893960
http://heirofhardcore.tumblr.com/
This guy tends to reblog the less fat ones, just pick a character tag.

>>78893948
Actually most of the blogs are still around, and plenty are preserved. They usually delete and remake them like three times a year because attention whores are attention whores. There's some taken down videos floating about too, good stuff.

>>78893851
Neither last as long as homestuck. Even in 2015 it was still the third most reblogged thing on tumblr.
>>
>>78893973
But it did, not from /co/ posters but you got it
>>
>>78893960
tumblr
also rosekittenn.tumblr.com
>>
>>78894065
That girl deleted all her Jade stuff
>>
>>78889368
>SU dying
it's as big, if not bigger than homestuck. I honestly don't see it happening
>>
>>78894095
That's what they said about the last few things.
>>
Homestuck will never regain its popularity. That ship has sailed. All the momentum has been killed, and I don't think the final update could save it.
>>
>>78894076
search the 'rebaggle' tag I think she might have some stuff on there
also here's some really good stuff http://m.imgur.com/a/pcBhY
>>
>>78894166
Is that album supposed to be empty?
>>
>>78894197
I think it's a subtle commentary on the state of nude bloggers.
>>
>>78894210
Sounds like it's just potato's stuff. Which wasn't that good. Mirthfullmollywhop and xenophillicbroad are better. Also calibratemygallows if you're into Jade.
>>
Why is Karkat such a terrible character?

Little did we realize that he is just a male clone of Kanaya.
>>
>>78894275
I should filter "karkat" and "terrible" a long time ago but you would still post here regardless
>>
>>78894065
>>78894000
Cheers guys
>>
>>78893948
>hsg harasses homesmut girls to the point of them deleting blogs

you mean 3 people posting nudestuck in a thread and wanting to make a zip file with all the recent nudes?
you call that "harassment"?
because HSG used to have a dropbox full of nudes 2/3 years ago and no one cared
>>
I don't get why anyone cares about nudes, thighstuck was always way better
>>
File: thighs.jpg (286KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
thighs.jpg
286KB, 1280x960px
>>78894422
both can exist at the same time you realize
>>
>>78894434
yeah but no one bothers making a giant gallery of thighhighs, instead they focus on people wearing round glasses and calling it jade cosplay
>>
>>78894467
Nah, lotta jade cosplays have the ears + thigh high witch stuff
>>
>>78894333
>>78894197
The album got deleted. I reverse image searched the images in the album and found this article, ignore the title it's actually the nudestucker.
http://www.ohfree.net/maisie-williams-nude-photos-leaked.html
>>
>>78894434
who is this semen demon?
>>
File: tumblr_nwuu173sBb1ubwfcao1_1280.jpg (390KB, 1220x1315px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwuu173sBb1ubwfcao1_1280.jpg
390KB, 1220x1315px
>>78892058
>>78892065
As long as the artist doesn't majorly change the designs I don't really mind.
>>
>>78894605
hahaha christ
poor potato
>>
>>78894617
no idea
>>
File: 1419571367637.png (206KB, 500x460px) Image search: [Google]
1419571367637.png
206KB, 500x460px
>>
>>78894642
pretty damn hot tho
>>
I was wondering, is Undertale "one of the better legacies of Homestuck" as AH said in the Hiveswap update, or is he jumping on the hype train?
>>
>>78895183
he's trying to take some small credit for something good that someone else made
>>
>>78895183
He's not. Undertale's great. Play it completely blind and don't let the fanbase ruin it for you.
>>
>>78895183
Nah. Hussie is just salty about Undertale.
>>
>trans people who like dave and karkat are mentally unstable
>trans people who like nepeta are bros/sis youd hang out
>this situation is reversed to "cis" fanartists
What does it mean
>>
>>78895183
Undertale is really that good, play it as soon as you can, preferably blind.

>>78895214
>>78895344
Or Hussie is acknowledging a game and its popularity made by a close friend of his.
>>
>Or Hussie is acknowledging a game and its popularity made by a close friend of his.
he could have acknowledged the game without phrasing it as if he'd had any part of it
>>
>>78895447
Given how much Toby looks up to Hussie as a mentor figure he probably did had a part.
>>
>>78895357
unstable people project their feelings hard on characters
stable people see them as they really are
>>
>>78894118
the last few things weren't syndicated television shows
>>
>>78895224
I played it (and it's really great), Also I agree that it should be played with the less previous knowledge possible.

I was just wondering whether Hussie was taking "undue" credit or Homestuck was somehow important in Undertale creation
>>
>>78895556
The first. Undertale might not have existed without him, but it was without conscious intention on his part.
>>
>>78895506
that's not how having a part works
people who are idolized by other people don't then call that persons work a 'legacy' of anything
>>
>>78889144
it's more than that. He uses fire as time portals.

set the felt mansion on fire and he'll probably fuck you up from any point in history
>>
>>78895630
And he probably has the advantage of being one of the few Felt members who isn't a complete idiot.
>>
>>78895588
As a spiritual successor of sorts to MSPA and with the similar sort of humor, calling it part of a legacy is not that implausible.

>>78895556
He took the adequate amount of credit he had, he didn't claim he worked alongside Toby or anything.
>>
>>78895682
the adequate amount of credit to take would be zero credit, because he didn't fucking work on it
>>
>>78895705
Claiming of the game being part of the legacy is the minimal amount of credit to take with claiming that he actually worked on the game along Toby.

Why is this being argued on anyways? It's not like Toby objected to Hussie's wording or anything.
>>
HS fans fucking ruined this by giving Hussie so much money to develop a game instead of finishing the story.
>>
>>78895224
>play it blind
Impossible
>don't let fan base ruin it
Nearly impossible
>>
>>78895874
I played it blind, but I was lucky to beat it one day after release day
>>
>>78895835
> It's not like Toby objected to Hussie's wording or anything.
what does that even have to do with it
>>
>>78895902
Then why the fuck are you being so adamant about something this minuscule?
>>
>>78895943
do you just think defending toby is the only reason people wouldn't agree with hussies phrasing
>>
>>78896028
Toby and Hussie are close friends, Toby worked on and is still working on a good deal of Homestuck, Undertale was made in much of the similar spirit as Homestuck, and Hussie was happy about Undertale's success and called it part of a legacy. If anything Toby was probably elevated by Hussie saying that.

There's no big reason to lose your shit about this unless you're just being a contrarian turbo autist.
>>
>>78896283
no one's losing their shit, this anon >>78895556
>>78895183 asked if he was taking credit where it wasn't due, and me and another anon said he is
>Toby was probably elevated by
see there you go again acting like this is even about toby
>Toby worked on and is still working on a good deal of Homestuck
literally some shit you just guessed
>>
>>78896387
And again, if it's not about Toby, it's just petty spiting towards Hussie.

>literally some shit you just guessed
He said he was working on Hiveswap and it's more than likely he's assisting Hussie on the final Flashes.
>>
I have a question:

In Openbound, Gamzee asks Rose to promise not to tell Karkat that he's dating Terezi, because "that might be what pushes him over the edge to finally kill me".

But if he's invincible and could easily kill or non-lethally defeat Karkat in any situation, given how overpowered Gamzee is and how underpowered Karkat is, why would Gamzee have any reason to be afraid of Karkat wanting to kill him?
>>
>>78896466
>he said he was working on hiveswap
that's not homestuck
>more than likely
aaand it's some shit you just guessed
>>
>>78896550
Is there any reason to doubt that Toby's not helping?
>>
>>78885360

That's aliased text, the text in the image is anti-aliased.
>>
>>78896618
idk the fact that he's fucking busy and might not have time to make homestuck songs in between hiveswap songs and bugfixing/supporting his own game
>>
>>78895874

>Impossible

What's so hard about just buying Undertale and then playing it? Are you actually so autistic that you watch let's plays of games before playing them or something?
>>
>>78896721
reread his post you dumb cunt
>>
>>78896497
because he was purposely feeding rose bullshit to make himself seem less dangerous, and she was probably a dumb enough cunt to buy it.

>karkat
>killing anyone to begin with, let alone gamzee
>>
>>78896646
Him doing other things doesn't equate to him not doing anything at all for the final Flashes. I doubt he's not going to do something for the finale of the comic he had a major role with for five or so years.
>>
>>78895556
>>78895682
>>78895705
>>78896387
>>78896550

Undertale exists 100% because of Homestuck. You are a fucking retard if you think Hussie doesn't deserve credit.

In case you're not aware, Undertale got funded on Kickstarted by Homestuck fans. It wouldn't have gotten a tenth of what it did without Hussie siccing his fanbase on it. And then Toby developed the game in Hussie's own basement. You can be damn near sure Hussie had significant input on the development too, considering how closely they worked and lived.
>>
File: 1349485380398.png (219KB, 863x714px) Image search: [Google]
1349485380398.png
219KB, 863x714px
>>
>>78896754

Anon... do you not know what "playing a game blind" means, perchance?
>>
>>78896869
do you not know that undertale spoilers permeated most websites and ruined surprises for people before they'd even heard of the game
>>
>>78896721
>>78896869
I personally don't care about spoilers, but apparently there are a lot of things I didn't even know are spoilers that are basically common fucking knowledge at this point.

Like Sans's glowy eye and the main character's name.
>>
>>78896934
>>78897022

I browse /v/ every day, follow half a dozen gaming websites, and bought Undertale a month after it came out, completely unspoiled. The only thing I knew was "there's several skeleton characters people seem to love". Which turned out to be just two.

If you read articles and threads about games you haven't played, you are a retard.
>>
>>78897217
that just means you got ridiculously lucky, also the spoilery things have spread a lot more since the first month
>>
I found Undertale underwhelming to be honest. I don't know, I just can't jump on the hype train.
>>
Friendly reminder to look at Jade's HS sprite, then look at Alphys from Undertale.

You will see they are the exact same fucking character in the face.
>>
>>78897674
Alphys is literally a scalemate.
>>
>>78897674
>implying alphys isn't dinosaur lisa simpson
>>
>>78897909
A scalemate with Jades face, aye. Right down to the stupid buck teeth.
>>
File: CEefgHl[1].png (106KB, 550x300px) Image search: [Google]
CEefgHl[1].png
106KB, 550x300px
>>78897674

You don't need to look as far as Alphys to find Jade in Undertale.
>>
So, Toby cuntface, and the wankstain that made Homestuck, are they fuckbuddies gone bad or some shit?

I don't follow the drama much, just the games/stories.
>>
>>78898007
They're friends.

Faggot.
>>
So, who will hijack the ghost army?

Karkat or (Vriska) or Jade?
>>
>>78899938
andrew because homestuck is dead
>>
How do we fix Kankri?
>>
>>78900937
What are you talking about? He's not even close to being relevant.
>>
>>78900937
All the Beforus girls rape him.

And Rufioh fucks him, too.
>>
File: sex shark finds a tasty victim.png (121KB, 341x750px) Image search: [Google]
sex shark finds a tasty victim.png
121KB, 341x750px
>>
Know what's a shame? Post >>88888888 almost definitely won't end up being a Vriska post.
>>
>>78891918
>WHY IS THE NANA-SPRITE WRITING A MESSAGE NOW SHE ALREADY WROTE IN THE PAST
that is an actual unexplained mystery to this day. the only explaination is that the writing wore from when she wrote the exact same thing last time in the exact same spot.
>>
>>78902666
That's eight 8's
What a shame. /hsg/ will be disappointed
>>
>>78902836
I'm pretty sure Nana sprite writes that shit in the book which is then sent back in time with baby Nana and eventually becomes passed down to dad and then to John for it all to repeat again and again...
>>
>>78902836
No, she wrote the message on John's clean copy of the book, then it was sent to the ectobiology lab where it was sent off on the meteor with baby John to become the tarnished copy, which Dad stored in his safe.
>>
>>78902836
>People still don't understand this
>>
God, I just want it to end.

End the pain. Waiting for this has been like mental constipation. A shit that just won't come out.
>>
>>78903158
Three more months.

Or at least, another week or two until the next progress update.
>>
>>78903158
Quoting this >>78872733
>-Remain a "fan", anally devastated by the direction the story has been taking, waiting in anguish for the comic to be over so you can finally move on with your life (and, maybe, if you're lucky, be satisfied with the ending)

Because it has never been put more accurately and succinctly.
>>
>>78902970
yes, you are correct. but by that logic by the time john gets it, it should still have the inscription she wrote before she sent it back in time. but it didn't, so she had to write it again.
>>
>>78903641
The copy that John had from the start was one of the copies from Nanna's joke shop, so there was no inscription from her. The one that killed Nanna was the one Dad stored in his safe.
>>
>take a game with unique aesthetic and neat style
>turn it into 2d garbage
The webcomic is literally based on 2d point and click adventures, and they still manage to fuck up the art
>>
>>78903920
The walk cycle is pretty obviously a WIP, there'll be a more polished example most likely in the next update.
>>
>>78903920
>>78904082
yeah they probably made that in a rush so they would have something to post
>>
>>78904082
Yeah I got a feeling that's what the update this month will be. Seems like they only JUST started the 2d game itself when he out up that update earlier when everyone was getting real antsy with how secretive WP was being
>>
File: 3million.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
3million.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>
>>78905814
What pasta is this?
>>
File: 1353790952801.png (223KB, 928x450px) Image search: [Google]
1353790952801.png
223KB, 928x450px
>>
>>78889087
>841x1058
>is 380x610 instead
>>
>>78902836
She wrote on the newer copy John had. It then went back in time and killed her. It's not that hard to understand
>>
>>78891918
Hahaha I remember that feeling.

You are going to get so much more confused.
>>
>>78896497
He's capricious.
>>
File: tumblr_o0te5cHQzE1ru9hzto1_540.jpg (278KB, 540x1171px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0te5cHQzE1ru9hzto1_540.jpg
278KB, 540x1171px
>>
>>78910606
Unrealistic, Dave is a homosexual.
>>
>>78910606
You have ten seconds.

To list all of Dave's fetishes.
>>
>>78913101
Karkat's dick
>>
>>78913101
manlets
>>
bump
dreams don't die
>>
>>78866938
Jade, Rose, and Vriska

>>78868955
>I don't expect this to last for long when the comic resumes, however.
Activity always spikes when it does

>>78872856
I don't think that was happy, or healthy on (Vriska)'s end, it was just the novelty of it on both ends that kept them together, they were already falling apart when Vriska cucked worst spider8itch

>>78873275
I didn't get the impression Terezi was doubting about that, more about her place in things and how she behaves, Vriska taking over was only tangentially related to that
But I have a terrible memory

>>78873354
3 or 4, minor Oh Fuck moment but not a major issue at this point

>>78874390
Which he currently has because of the Mime

>>78889188
Long hiatuses causes it to dwindle, but there's always a spike in activity the months following an update

>>78892645
Dat belly button

>>78892689
I ain't looking at her face anon

>>78893041
Kanaya gonna tap that puppy

>>78893164
Jesus Christ

>>78895183
It's good

Despite what some people keep trying to push in their "make everyone hate Homestuck as much as we do" crusade, Hussie seems pretty happy for his friend and Toby and him are still on very good terms

>>78899938
I honestly think (Vriska) is going to do something stupid trying to get revenge against Vriska and fail, and then either fuck everything up and/or be the target of Caliborn's prophesy about Vriska dying again

>>78902836
I'm still hoping we get answers to why the Guardians knew shit

>>78903920
I actually like the 2D style better

>>78913101
Dave has all the fetishes
>>
>>78914712
16 quotes, damn, that's one less than my record

I should probably break up my multiquote posts huh?
>>
>>78914712
>>
>>78914918
Yes, you've read the rest of the thread haven't you?
It's pretty much the same as 16 normal posts, just not split up
>>
>>78861050
Do people actually believe that the DaveKat ship is real?
>>
>>78914967
It reliably shows up in the presence of metastasizing cells, unfortunately.
>>
>>78914967
All ships are canon, remember?
>>
>>78914967
always expect the worst
>>
>>78914967
It's pretty much confirmed of being a thing, but there's no indication it going to be endgame, which a lot here are assuming.
>>
>>78914967
Yes. Hussie is writing the story bad on purpose for the ironic value.
>>
>>78915138
both characters are already ruined by now
>>
>homestuck will never reach 2010-12 levels again and there is nothing you can do about it
>>
>>78915192
Im crying

there's tears here

tears of joy
>>
>>78914967
Unless there's a screen of them kissing, it isn't canon, and I don't get the complaints about it.
>>
>>78915138
If it isn't he is queerbaiting and a shitlord.
>>
File: 2.5 MILLION.jpg (158KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
2.5 MILLION.jpg
158KB, 1000x1000px
Reminder not fall for Hussie's tricks.

After three years and two project restarts, just having a shitty walk cycle to show for it is not very reassuring. Sure, he can pretend development is going great, but don't believe it for a second.
>>
>>78915389
I liked the gif of Joey clipping into a bookcase. It was a pretty poignant summary of what the game had become.
>>
>>78915389
HUSSIE ZAHAAK will use his silver tongue to brainwash more fools to back his shit projects
>>
>>78914712
Why the fuck would you decide to reply to fucking everybody. Just pick one or two people to reply to fucking hell.
>>
>>78915448
Do you have the gif on hand?
>>
File: 1452574700675.jpg (168KB, 1400x980px) Image search: [Google]
1452574700675.jpg
168KB, 1400x980px
>>
>>78915655
?
>>
>>78915655
Hussie isn't that kind of hussie anon
>>
>>78915215
considering the last subact was completely permeated with characters offhandedly mentioning what a good couple they are, I don't get how you don't get the complaints
canonicity is almost irrelevant, it's the fact it wasn't fun to read, and if it becomes canon or not won't change what a chore the last subact was
>>
File: 200_s.gif (8KB, 178x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
8KB, 178x200px
>>78914712
/hst/ was a mistake.
>>
File: 1297566229590.png (99KB, 662x192px) Image search: [Google]
1297566229590.png
99KB, 662x192px
>>78915192
>>
>>78914967

it would piss off part of his fanbase if he said it was just a fakeout and not real at all

not something he wants to do while his popularity and relevance is fading
>>
>>78914967
give in, anon
Hussie will do everything in his power to get his shitty fans back
>>
>>78919368
>not something he wants to do while his popularity and relevance is fading
Are you gfamiliar with Hussie's work. Pissing off the fanbase has always been his stitch. It's like one of his main tricks.

the Master move there, is that if he break it, or confirm it, he will manage to piss of a part of the fanbase anyway. It's a win win for him.
>>
File: 1287581430675.jpg (151KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
1287581430675.jpg
151KB, 500x376px
>>78915192
5 years

FUCKING
YEARS
>>
File: 0.gif (10KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
0.gif
10KB, 650x650px
>>78915138
>>78914967
Seeing the reaction of Karkat when John implied that ship existed, I'd say it doesn't exist. (people tend to ignore that moment when they complain about how this ship is confirmed)

they are moiral and Karkat hate the idea of moiral turning into full red relationship. It's one of the worst kind of romance story.
>>
>>78919460
He's doing that because he's embarrassed. And oh my god, the color choice for Karkat's head is awful.
It's not the worst part of FAST AND LOOSE, but it sure is awful.
>>
>>78919460
JASPROSESPRITE^2: Nope. Sorry to be the meower of bad news. He is just not cut out for you!
JASPROSESPRITE^2: Besides, he is involved with someone else now in that quadrant. He has moved on. And so have you!

of course she could have lied about it or completely misunderstood their relationship

but man, gay shippers are the biggest HS group left
>>
>>78912746
Nah, Dave's bi. That's why there's no conflict with Davesprite's Nepeta integration. He was always into hot mom's and trollbro's alike.
>>
>>78919536
was there a conflict between Jasper and Rose's sexual preferences?
>>
>>78919571
No, they embraced their mutual rosesexualism perfectly.
How sad it is that Jasprose is better than Rose?
>>
>>78919486
>He's doing that because he's embarrassed.
Karkat is not the kind of throwing a tantrum when talked about his own relationship. At worst he can be coy about it.
>>78919519
Or Jaspersprite could be talking about Terezi, you know.
He is basically saying that Nepeta doesn't have a chance with Karkat.
>>
>>78919851
Denial, the post.
>>
>>78919867
I am not in denial. I simply think Dave and Karkat are moiral.

Dave's male love interested has actually been revealed quite some time ago. It's the Mayor.
>>
>>78919460
>moirals
Nah, Dave never talked about his inner feelings with Karkat until he met Dirk.

>>78919486
>embarassed
We saw John looking flushed when he hate-flirted with Terezi. Karkat must be pretty good for hiding his flushed feelings.

Also it wouldn't surprise me that Terezi or Roxy become John's endgame ship. One is John wearing a blackrom shirt and this is some bullshit symbolism about his endgame ship. (Same with Dave and his heart shirt) The other one is Roxy being the con air protag wife back then from the ectobabby flash.
>>
>>78919946
>We saw John looking flushed when he hate-flirted with Terezi. Karkat must be pretty good for hiding his flushed feelings.
Karkat is not in the hate Quadrant with Terezi.

I mean, the comic itself establish that Trolls usually seek to fill all of their quadrant. Why Terezi hvaing a black rom would phase out Karkat?
>>
File: 07256.gif (3KB, 650x450px) Image search: [Google]
07256.gif
3KB, 650x450px
>>78920040
Karkat got over with Terezi, silly Anon.

Also why are we talking about Karkat's relationship with Terezi? She doesn't need him.
>>
>>78920087
B-but anon....
.../I/ need Karezi. ;n;
>>
>>78920118
And people needed Johnvris as well. Hussie loves to focus on relationships and then dropping them.

At least you can pray that Karezi happens with the GO! versions who had the most development together. (Terezi) probably advised the new alpha one to not focus on Karkat.
>>
>>78920189
>Johnvris
Boooooooooooo
>>
>>78920201
>Johnvris
Yaaaaaaaay
>>
>>78915217
What m/m ship could Hussie have in reserve for appeasement I wonder.
>>
>>78920189
Hussie is taking sinking ships to a new level. Instead of the usual, he goes to one of the most endeared panels for that ship then literally makes it so the pairing never happened in the first place. What the fuck? At least let us have our memories. Fuck you, Hussie.

(Salty about JohnVris too)
>>
>>78920409
Gamzee/Zazzerpan
>>
>>78920201
It was the 8est.
>>
>>78920409
GO!Eridan/GO!Sollux when Erisolsprite explodes.
John/Dave for a complete 'what the fuck' moment.
And probably Equius and AR!Dirk getting his own body in the dreambubbles.
>>
>>78920539
Hell, I always hated JohnDave, but at this point I'd take it over DaveKat.
>>
>>78919368
>it would piss off part of his fanbase
That didn't stop him from sinking the Vriska/Meenah ship.
>>
>>78920621
Did /hsg/ also bitch at that ship and post cringeworthy fanart of them?

>Hussie intentionally makes same class ships horrible for /hsg/ or we just have autism
>>
>>78920641
People complained that Hussie was now a panderring faggot who panderred to Tumblr, unable to see it was his usual brand of silliness.

I mean, it was just the same brand of writting than for John and Vriska.
>>
>>78920678
The John and Vriska stuff didn't come off as silly to me. It felt more like Hussie was actually trying to write some character development there, but then that just kind of got dropped.
>>
>>78920678
There was a time when there was much bitching about JohnVris here.
>>
>>78920759
How? Butthurt John/Rose shippers?
>>
>>78920759
There was a time here when John/Rose was super fucking popular.
>>
File: 07790.gif (25KB, 650x450px) Image search: [Google]
07790.gif
25KB, 650x450px
>>78920678
At least Vriska wasn't like this.
>>
>>78920772
Supposedly it degraded both their characters or something.
>>
File: nRKXnI2.gif (14KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
nRKXnI2.gif
14KB, 650x650px
It was so simple...
>>
>>78920782
I would still bang and cuddle with her

But Feferi is fine, too
>>
File: 06227.gif (11KB, 650x450px) Image search: [Google]
06227.gif
11KB, 650x450px
>>
>>78921132
>when u banged terezi so hard she became preggies and u don't know who is the daddy
>>
>>78921152
It's John.
>>
File: 1424727611812.jpg (28KB, 500x353px) Image search: [Google]
1424727611812.jpg
28KB, 500x353px
>>78864251
This shit broils me internally.
>>
>>78920782
>78920782
She got what she deserved.
>>
>>78919460
Karkat just couldn't believe he was listening to John talk about this shit in the same way you'd be cringing (more internally, but nevertheless having a reaction) to someone you know talking in your circle of friends about something you are clearly familiar with, and the other person is trying to talk about it as though they get it and are completely off point.
>>
>>78904377
What are you implying? Hussie's game currently looks much better than that using the same 2D point and click format.
>>
>>78865131
>>78872205
Technacally, he is kinda dead, personality wise. Nepetasprite is a enw character partially base on Davesprite.
>>78864413
>NuHussie is everything classic Hussie would have written multiple lengthy and colorful paragraphs mocking.
Seeing that Classic Hussie made lengthy and colorful paragraphs mocking himself in the first place, I can't really take you at fault. If anything, it's further proof he hasn't changed much.
>>78872205
>I wonder if he looks upon his old politically incorrect comics with disdain now, or if he wishes he could make them again without risking violent backlash from his internet circle.
Hussie never feared that and he don't take his old work with more disdain than ever.

All his creation have always made fun and toyed with many political views.

I don't know why people are convinced Hussie is "ruined", when all he did was giving jab the same way he usually does.
>>
>>78920201
JohnVris was best
Still best even if non canon
Will always be best
Sinking it was Hussie's biggest mistake
>>
>>78921336
I think you are reading too much into it. the conversation was not really him talking about stuff he didn't knew about but simply asking question to a friend.
>>
>>78903920
I think it looks fine.
>>
>>78921411
I just now remembered all the butthurt on /hsg that followed John calling Vriska Dangerous.
>>
>>78921411
It was the first in the long series of disappointments that have made up the past 5 years. They have compounding in on themselves, and now the comic is broken.
>>
>>78921445
That was such shit.
"BTW I'm completely different now. I've changed over the years, and you haven't seen any of it!"
And it happened for all the characters...how is that good writing?
>>
>>78921447
I have never been disapointed by homestuck.
>>
File: 1447002225948.jpg (71KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1447002225948.jpg
71KB, 1920x1080px
>>78921411
Hussie wrote a perfectly fine ending for her character with meeting the dead John.

But then no. He fucking could just let it go.
>>
>>78921470
Your parents say they're not disappointed in you, but you know they're lying.
>>
>>78921508
I am not.
>>
>>78921468
character that grew up and realize what was a maybe-silly romance with someone they didn't really knew might have been blown up out of proportion is bad writing?

Even after all those year Johnvrisfag are still silly whinning morons.
>>
>>78921445
I won't deny he was correct in that assessment, at least for that Vriska, (Vriska) backslid a lot handing out with Aranea

I'm sorta hoping that Vriska kept some of her character development due to not being dead and stewing in her own failure/getting caught in a feedback loop with Aranea magnifying each other's flaws

I LIKE redemption stories, and was really pissy (Vriska)'s mindset seemed to have backslid in parts

>>78921468
That I also dislike

>>78921485
While I mostly agree, looking back I do understand his logic of bringing her back.
Given the nature of the dream bubbles and how the living and the dead can interact, it's unlikely that someone like Vriska wouldn't try to pull SOMETHING to make herself relevant/get out, but the mix of unseen character development and her falling back into old habits had me salty

Hopefully being on the meteor made some of Vriska's character development stick, unlike (Vriska)'s
>>
>>78921565
I'm Ron Burgundy?
>>
>>78921565
It is when you spend a lot of time writing for it and don't replace it with something that people find appealing.

Most of the story took place over the course of a single day, a lot of it can be blown off as pointless and silly, but that doesn't really matter much from a reader's perspective, because that's what we see as important.
>>
>>78921565
Realistic writing != good/compelling writing

What >>78921607 said.
>>
>>78921565
Honestly? While I do like the idea of JohnVris, I do see how it could have been nothing more than a silly little crush. The thing that has me mad about "bad writing" is more cause it felt like Vriska was starting to go on the road to be a somewhat better person and then got cut down
But wait! turns out she's coming back!
And turns out in the mean time she's been caught up with someone who's flaws complement her own and all those hints about her wanting to not be a monster like she is are out the window

I didn't like JohnVris for the romance, I liked it for the potential redemption plotline.
John/Vriska friendship would have worked just as well in my opinion and I was sorta hoping that's where it was going at times
>>
>>78921663
Agreed. And Hussie could've still made it work after everything that happened, but then he went out of his way to make John hate her for some reason. I just don't understand.
>>
>>78921651
But it si also good writing. And what >>78921607
say is simply explaining the reason of the fan expectation and hope for JohnVris. Them breaking up wasn't bad writing and quite on the contrary fitted perfectly with the evolution of the story.

People seems to forget that Vrisak Wooshed for John but John was always a maybe feeling fro it. when confronted wth it, he basically said he didn't mind.

As for Vriska, it was basically a rebound after giving up on Tavros and realizing how much of a disappointment he was.

The fact of the matter is Vriska and John ate least version close enough to the main timeline actually ended up dating and guess what? they broke up probably after realising it was nothing else but a crush, which is exactly how it was written.
>>
>>78921663
>And turns out in the mean time she's been caught up with someone who's flaws complement her own and all those hints about her wanting to not be a monster like she is are out the window
They are more than out of the window, Vriska actually schooled the Vriska who waned to reform and called her out for being that pathetic and it was fucking amazing.

the thing is. That's the whole pint of Moiral, keeping someone in check of its own bad habit in exchange of protection.

Current main Viska was kept in line by Terezi. But that doesn't mean enabling them. As a matter of fact . tereai relized that she needed to know more about herself.
>>
>>78921694
>but then he went out of his way to make John hate her
Not what happened. John doesn't hate Vriska. He just realized he wasn't really into her and was turned of by her pragmatical methods.
>>
>>78921703
The reader sees a set of characters interacting and growing, and then we're told it didn't work out off screen.

Is that potentially "realistic"? Sure. I'm sure there are plenty of fictional stories that have two characters getting together, but if you look at them 10 years down the line, they're divorced and the guy only sees the kids on weekends.

That doesn't make for something satisfying, though, and most people aren't satisfied with the state of the story or the way the characters are going.

Also, are you tired? Or drunk? Cause your post is a little weird.
>>
>>78921795
And you know, okay, I'm sure you can pull a "well don't expect the obvious from Hussie", or whatever, but at some point the "twists", and "anticlimaxes", and all that sort of stuff just kind of builds up into indifference.

I'm not just going on about shipping here, when you tell me the stuff I read or got invested in really wasn't that important, I just start to stop caring.
>>
>>78921703
>But it si also good writing
Just want to point this out
Realistic writing isn't necessarily compelling writing, and compelling writing isn't necessarily realistic writing
Ideally good writing should be contain both neither on it's own is necessarily good writing

And as >>78921795 pointed out, while what happened was realistic, it largely nullified the parts that were compelling about John and Vriska interacting, namely how interacting with John was causing Vriska to regret and analyse her decisions

>>78921785
Before the whole retcon thing there was a small scene on the ship with John and Jade talking, John mentioned he thinks he "kinda hated her" when the subject of Vriska was brought up

Which I did find a bit odd, as he seemed fairly neutral when they parted
>>
>>78921795
>and most people aren't satisfied with the state of the story or the way the characters are going.
The story is doing good, the complain mostly come from the hiatus.

>The reader sees a set of characters interacting and growing, and then we're told it didn't work out off screen
But we are also show why it didn't work, by proxy with the current Vriska and John interacting. Their love story was set to fail from the start and the the story didn't try to hide that fact.

The development that emerged out of John and Vriska's interactions remained and had an impact on the story and this what matter.

And all it costed was the broken heart of some shippers.

The fact that the characters evolve and can take directions that weren't expected yet still make sense in the context of the story is what make it good writing.

Also, I am not an English speaker, which might explain why it seems to you I am speaking weirdly.
>>
>tfw your crackpairing triggers hst
>>
>>78921855
The concept of "realism" here also confuses me a little. This is a fucking comedy fantasy story, right? Or is it a soap opera? Why does the relationship drama need to be realistic?

>>78921914
Okay buddy, ESL, I'm not gonna hate on that.

But dude, lay off Hussie's dick a little. Not everyone is just bitching because of the hiatus. You can't just pass off complaints as needless whining.

>But we are also show why it didn't work, by proxy with the current Vriska and John interacting

I think part of the problem stems from the direction those characters took after they stopped interacting for a while. During the time skip, and during Act 6. You see it all the time, folks not super impressed with the direction of the narrative in the past few years.
>>
>>78921854
I'm in this camp. Sure, I can blame Hussie for bad writing, or I can blame myself for getting wrapped up in the wrong things, but at the end of the day, I'm still just terribly disillusioned about what I thought was at one point the best story I'd ever read. Shits depressing whichever way you slice it.
>>
>>78921855
>Realistic writing isn't necessarily compelling writing
I know, but I am saying that the writing in homestuck IS good and compelling.

> it largely nullified the parts that were compelling about John and Vriska interacting
Except it didn't.

All the growth they got out of interacting remained. I mean. Vriska broke back Tavros to life precisely because she knew she had done bad to him. Later on she was even faced with the fact she had been wrong about him.

And it was a convo between John and Roxy and it wasn't really retconned. And it was After John had seen Vriska manipulating Ghosts to get them killed. It's a relatively normal reaction.
>>
File: roxykitten eats joey.png (374KB, 1000x1443px) Image search: [Google]
roxykitten eats joey.png
374KB, 1000x1443px
2D and slow development aside, how could they really in fact, fuck up Hiveswap?
>>
>>78864251
I like Davepetasprite. Just not as much as I liked Davesprite.
>>
>>78922015
>The concept of "realism" here also confuses me a little. This is a fucking comedy fantasy story, right? Or is it a soap opera? Why does the relationship drama need to be realistic?
that story is setin a fantasy setting deosn't mean the relationship are not allowed to be realist. Look at Archer. It' s a silly humor spy series, yet the relationship between characters, even if played for humor purpose, are quite realistic.

>You can't just pass off complaints as needless whining.
In the case of homestuck, it's mostly the case. I see people complaining and complaining during hiatus just to rejoice everytime there is an update, liking it, then going back to complaining about how bad HS has turned.

I am taking it from people who have read or reread Act 6 archivally, and state that Act 6 is at least as fun as Act 5.
>>
>>78922107
Keep a steady course. Game's already been delayed and has lost an entire dimension. I'm sure it can get worse.
>>
>>78922107
Adventure games depend on good writing and good puzzles. I hope they focus on getting those down instead of spending all their time putting in a social network of making 100 trolls.
>>
>>78922158
>>
>>78922215
Fine, Jade, I'm sorry. Davepetasprite is better than all other versions of Dave. Happy? Jeez.
>>
>>78922215
i miss angry pissed off jade
hopefully she'll be that way when she finds out she's been shafted
>>
>>78922169
The story has a major retcon as a plot point. The plot has completely derailed over the years. I don't know how you can defend the story at this point.
>>
>>78922252
>>
>>78922169
>that story is setin a fantasy setting deosn't mean the relationship are not allowed to be realist. Look at Archer. It' s a silly humor spy series, yet the relationship between characters, even if played for humor purpose, are quite realistic.

But I remember Hussie harping on about how Homestuck is a comedy, and outright mocking readers for stuff like getting annoyed with Gamzee just getting away with those murders. I mean I don't think anyone really thought that scenario came off as "realistic", and the only defense that was brought up at the time was that it was a gag.

But we gotta play the romance between teenagers off with grace and nuance?

That fucking probably says a lot about the core demo here, doesn't it?

>In the case of homestuck, it's mostly the case

Well you know, pal, I'm glad you enjoy the story. More power to you. I read something that was longer than the bible, and I ended up pretty bitter about its state in the end, so if you're happy with it, rock on.

But don't mistake happiness at the idea of the story moving forward after an extended period of time, as people only bitching because they don't have more of what they want. Sometimes it comes down more to a feeling of "Christ, finally we can get this shit show on the road again".
>>
>>78922279
Don't bother defending the story. The only redeeming quality left is the... uh... Well, certainly not the fandom. Or the art. Or fics. The music?
>>
>>78922321
The memories.
>>
>>78922321
The porn
>>
File: 1442858991780.jpg (81KB, 639x595px) Image search: [Google]
1442858991780.jpg
81KB, 639x595px
>>78922342
This.
>>
>>78922257
She'll be pissed off that she wasn't shafted, if you get me
>>
>>78921375
not him but lmao, hussie's game doesn't even exist
>>
>>78922342
Thats why the retcon pisses me off so much. It's like Hussie literally going back and ruining your memories.

I saw a post recently from someone who was rereading, and when they got to the Karezi <3 moment, they felt sad because they knew exactly what was behind the secret link. Some of that original experience is ruined.

It's almost reminiscent of the Star Wars special edition nonsense albeit a bit more meta.
>>
>>78922279
Oneof the main shtick of Homestuck is about meta humor and how dead characters can be brought back to life and retcon is one of the know way and this is how Homestuck approach it.

The thing about the retcon is, you might thing it nullify prvious events, wherea,when you actually pay close attention to it, you actually realize that most of the major event pre-retcon still have an impacts. Most of the surviving characters are still around, and Terezi herself now have memory of it.

>The plot has completely derailed over the years.
dude, Hosmetcuk has been derailling its own plot basically since its beginning.
>>
>>78921375
Wasn't that fucking put together in the span of weeks after the kickstarter was done?

And three years later after his, Hussie only has something comparable?
>>
>>78922446
You best start believing in Hussie's game, anon. We're in it.
>>
>>78922446
That's not true, I saw a walk cycle! Development is going great!
>>
Ugh, fuck the implication of Vriska wanting to hop on Tavros' dick again.
>>
>>78922472
Not that guy, but I enjoyed the meta humor up to a point, but when you start to purposefully fuck up character arcs, and trivialize plot points that previously seemed important, I just stop fucking caring.

Who wouldn't?

I just get the feeling that Hussie got a bit too far up his own ass around the start of Act 6.
>>
Ugh, Vriska.
>>
>>78922472
>dude, Hosmetcuk has been derailling its own plot basically since its beginning.
That's not true. Acts 1-4 were about four kids playing a mysterious reality-altering game. Now it's about eight kids fucking aliens.
>>
>>78922565
:::;)
>>
>>78922490
Deep down, I think I always knew.
>>
>>78921914
>The story is doing good, the complain mostly come from the hiatus.
Agreed

>>78921914
>But we are also show why it didn't work, by proxy with the current Vriska and John interacting. Their love story was set to fail from the start and the the story didn't try to hide that fact.
My problem is we DIDN'T see it, we saw them meeting then much later on got told it didn't work

>>78922084
>Vriska broke back Tavros to life precisely because she knew she had done bad to him. Later on she was even faced with the fact she had been wrong about him.
That was Vriska that did that, not (Vriska).
Vriska was saved by RetconJohn, (Vriska) got dead and became a horrible person because Aranea.
I'm arguing that (Vriska)'s character development was unsatisfying due to how it was handled even if how she backslid after getting caught up with someone like Aranea was "realistic", it just wasn't too satisfying narrativewise
Vriska popping up was a very recent occurrence and some of her character development seems to be sticking, which I'm rather hopeful about, though I could just be reading into it.

>>78922257
>i miss angry pissed off jade
I do too
>>
>>78922305
>But I remember Hussie harping on about how Homestuck is a comedy, and outright mocking readers for stuff like getting annoyed with Gamzee just getting away with those murders. I mean I don't think anyone really thought that scenario came off as "realistic", and the only defense that was brought up at the time was that it was a gag.
>But we gotta play the romance between teenagers off with grace and nuance?
>That fucking probably says a lot about the core demo here, doesn't it?
Here is a shocker for you: A psychokiller isn't a relationship.

Also, you kind of miss the point. First most of the relationship in Homestuck, if not all, are mostly used for comedic effect and silly antic. Second, you are trying to impose a sort of rule that say "if a story is mostly silly, than realism is forbidden". Is something is realist, then it's ALLOWED in a story. It's not a "Either it's completely surreal, or totally realist" a mix of two is allowed. Some relationship can be silly while other can be more serious. and even a same relationship can have some silly aspect and some realistic element too.

All in all, the whole point is, nothing in the story contradict how John and Vriska's realtionship evolved. It fit the tone and it fit the context. the only reason to complain is if you really wanted this ship to be endgame and that's it.

>d I ended up pretty bitter about its state in the end, so if you're happy with it, rock on.
What are you bitter about though. that story didn't make happens what you wanted doesn't make it a bad story.

I can see events that I can understand some fans didn't want to see (I personally would have like Jake and Jane getting together), but I can't see a single point where the story was actually bad.
>>
>all those fanfics of Nepeta hating on Terezi for stealing Karkat from her
>>
>>78922458
>Thats why the retcon pisses me off so much. It's like Hussie literally going back and ruining your memories.
If you paid closer attention, you'd realize that events pre-retcon still matters.

All the charactersthat didn't die are still around in the post retcon world and the one who died are still there in the dreambubbles.

Also, Only Act6 and a very small part of Act5 (one event to be precise) was retconned, though.

>and when they got to the Karezi <3 moment, they felt sad because they knew exactly what was behind the secret link. Some of that original experience is ruined.
Except...not? That convo still happened, Terezi and Karkat still had that convo and their special moment still happened.
>>
>>78922458
>Star Wars: Special Edition 2016: Edited by Andrew Hussie

>Leia: I love you
>Han: You don't need me
>Luke zaps in and punches Darth Vader in the mask
>>
>>78922673
Shit stuff.

Sad third wheel is best Nepeta
>>
You know? I am a disciple of Nepeta's shipping wall. Why is her stupid shipping wall so fucking accurate?
>>
>>78922780
>fast forward, han is now gay with Lando
>>
>>78922257
not like angry jade has gone away, she's probably even more furious now that she's been 3 years without real contact
>>
>>78922643
>My problem is we DIDN'T see it, we saw them meeting then much later on got told it didn't work
We also saw a long interraction between the current John and then-current Vriska and saw how it didn't work out; it easy to see Ghost-John and Vriska relationship went more or less the same way.
>That was Vriska that did that, not (Vriska).
Both, from my point of view, have taken an interresting direction. The most intressting aspect about (Vriska) is that she basically the most of herself, sacrficing countless ghost for her goal to be relevant again, only to realise that her effort paid-off (it the house power she found that allowed John to have retcon power that brought her back to life) only to realize that it's a different version of her that would benefit from her efforts, and that would then shove it into her face. In the meantime, (Vriska) had realized how much of a try hard she was and tired to cool down, only to see that reforming his costing her again the new things that mattered to her (aka meenah).

She had to sacrifice her won relevance to manage to be relevant again and the cost is bitting her hard. But I think (vriska)'arc is far from over. We have only saw her at er lowest now to see if she can raise back again.
>>
>>78922802
>Why is her stupid shipping wall so fucking accurate?
Vriska/Karkat when?
>>
>>78922666
>Here is a shocker for you: A psychokiller isn't a relationship.

Okay, listen here Satan, Gamzee was defined in that very scene as being Karkat's Moirail, so that right off the bat is a relationship.

And what's more, relationships aren't inherently defined by who you want to stick your dick in. I have a relationship with my friends, my neighbors, if they act like cunts, or I act like a cunt, someone will probably point out that cunty behavior.

So you know, here we've got a guy who literally killed dudes, and it's played off as a gag.

You know, I can accept that though, if that's the mindset you want to go with a narrative, but it says a whole fucking lot when you pass off narrative drama as a gag, and focus on soap opera styled bullshit relationship drama, and need to deem that "realistic".

In terms of writing, you need to create a mode and tone, and that's why shit like the stuff where Gamzee there left a lot of people feeling off, because it didn't jive with the tone of what was there previously.

Picking and choosing your narrative style to fit how you want to rush through that part of the story, is just sloppy.

I like though how you just are ignoring my points, and just say I'm a shipper, or a whiner. I'm not sure what your native language is, man, but I'm pretty sure that's kinda bull wherever you're from.
>>
>>78922805
You mean Chewie?
>>
>>78922898
Nah, Chewie has currently been written out of the story and is hanging out with force ghost yoda.
>>
File: 1363752291627.png (183KB, 565x498px) Image search: [Google]
1363752291627.png
183KB, 565x498px
>>
>>78922881
And Karkat/Kanana pale and Kanaya/Tavros redrom.

Shit, how much catnip did she smoke?
>>
>>78922892
>So you know, here we've got a guy who literally killed dudes, and it's played off as a gag.
Not exactly. What is played out as a gag is the big "Karkat-Gamzee confrontation". It was build up to be a final stand, only to trun out to be a silly "calm the fuck down, dude". this what is silly. Gamzee's murderous rampage on the other handdoesn't result sollely in silly relationship. Quite on the cotnrary, it resolve in the complete meltdown of Terezi.

this is my point: a relationship can have both silly and more serious aspects and impacts. Your mistake is to think that one nullify the other.

An other mistake I think you are doing is that you think that Gamzee is being "forgiven" because "lol, it's just more murder, everything is forgiven, now let's all be friend again". This was never the case, It's mostly Karkat who wanted him to remain alive, because, as a moiral, it was his responsability. He also thought there was enough murder as there was and more death wasn't the solution. finally, the Trol Race is almost extinct, killing more now only condamne more the species.

It means in no way Gamzee was washed of his sins because "lol humor", but mostly due to pragmatism and Karkat's own feeling. But nothing is forgiven and Kanaya make that clear.
>>
>>78922892
>Picking and choosing your narrative style to fit how you want to rush through that part of the story, is just sloppy.
I'll add that it's not picking and choosing, but meshing the tow together, and HS is great at that. I hope I have actually adressed your points there >>78923032
Nothing is really sloppy about Gamzee. If the story had just remained to a "everything is forgiven now, because the murders were just silly antics" you would actually have a point. But that isn't the case.

It is good writting, precisely because Gamzee's action, weren't sweeped under a rock and kept having consequences on the realtionships between characters.

Now you tell me how Gamzee's handling mean Hussie wasn't allowed to handle Johnvris the way he did, because I still fail to see the connection, there.
>>
File: nepetagetshigh.jpg (198KB, 420x2176px) Image search: [Google]
nepetagetshigh.jpg
198KB, 420x2176px
>>78923016
as much as she could get her hands on
>>
>>78922777
>If you paid closer attention, you'd realize that events pre-retcon still matters.
Yes, it some roundabout way how they caused the retcon to happen in the first place. But other than that, what does matter?

>All the charactersthat didn't die are still around in the post retcon world and the one who died are still there in the dreambubbles.
Let me just pile on another dispute I have with Homestuck's writing. This I haven't complained about much because I know it's just me, and I don't really hold it against Hussie. But having multiple versions of characters just trivializes a lot of things for me. I'd rather have one of every character to follow, root for, ship, or whatever. To see the characters we followed around for literally 4.5 years become basically irrelevant, is just another "fuck you" to things I was invested in. And yes, they are irrelevant at this point except maybe Terezi's memories. That might change in a coming update, but right now, it's not looking good.

>Also, Only Act6 and a very small part of Act5 (one event to be precise) was retconned, though.
>Only
That's half the fucking comic and 4.5 years from our perspective. For me personally, that's almost entirely ALL of the time I've been a fan. (I caught up on the Gam<>Kar update.)

>Except...not?
Good argument. Yes, those moments still happened, but the disappointment was in knowing that was as far as that relationship was now going to go. Back when I first read those pages, I was excited to see them work through their differences and problems and grow.

Instead, we got a retcon where their "growth" was simply not having to deal with the drama in the first place. That's not interesting. (Yes, Terezi now remembers the problems, and yes this is my being a shippy fuck, but is this really so hard to understand?)
>>
>>78922879
>We also saw a long interraction between the current John and then-current Vriska and saw how it didn't work out;
Eh, not really? We saw them interact, but John seemed fairly neutral to friendly with Vriska despite Vriska's crush, I do agree that that wasn't really a strong basis for a relationship, but that's not really what I'm arguing for. My personal feelings on JohnVriska pairings or friendship isn't what I'm arguing, what time arguing is that the character development that came after it, for (Vriska) at least, was handled extremely poorly given how he affected her.

>Both, from my point of view, have taken an interresting direction
I don't disagree with this, I'm largely saying that in terms (Vriska)'s character development from stage A -> B -> C, the transition from A -> B feels mishandled from a narrative perspective. I'm not saying it couldn't happen, just that telling us MUCH later after the fact that she's taken what's largely a 180 from her previous character arc was bad

I am interested where he's going with (Vriska) and expecting her to do something to try and get back at Vriska and probably fuck up someone's plan in the process
>>
>>78923216
>time
I'm autocorrect, I said I'm not time
>>
>>78923032
>Not exactly. What is played out as a gag is the big "Karkat-Gamzee confrontation". It was build up to be a final stand, only to trun out to be a silly "calm the fuck down, dude". this what is silly. Gamzee's murderous rampage on the other handdoesn't result sollely in silly relationship. Quite on the cotnrary, it resolve in the complete meltdown of Terezi.

Nah dude, I remember from like, 20fucking11 when Hussie went on a rant on his Formspring (is that even a thing anymore?) about how the entirety of the bit with Gamzee was a gag. Shit like the flash with the ominous music with honking forms, that was part of the joke.

He was really passive-aggressive about people bitching about him about that plotline.

And again, man, it's about mood and tone. That was an instance where it just didn't jive with a lot of readers. When the author himself starts mocking his base for it, then I think he probably brought his intent across badly. That scene itself was one of the first and bigger examples of Hussie's growing love of anticlimaxes. Set up a fight, but nah.

>>78923119
>I'll add that it's not picking and choosing, but meshing the tow together, and HS is great at that

I would agree with that to an extent, but unlike you apparently, I don't think Hussie is infallible,

I brought up the Gamzee bit as an example of the story, and the author, harping on about how it's a comedy, and I guess my criticisms more comes down to the idea that we need to play this relationship drama out "realistically", when we have bullshit like that going down.

I mean it's pretty absurd. Something's wrong with the idea of characters only knowing each other for a short time and getting together, but it's totally cool to try and talk a murderer down and let him get off free?
>>
>>78923164
>But other than that, what does matter?
The other Nanna Sprite Jaspereroseprite, Davepetasprite.
On the Dreambubble side, Tavros from the pre-retcon is now more relevant than ever and there is still (Vriska) that might have a role to play.

>but the disappointment was in knowing that was as far as that relationship was now going to go.
Except not. Since the last update, Terezi remember eveything and some more. She remember and live though every other Terezi that have died so for. Terezi is now basically a singularity. it kind of resolve your other issue, there.

Also note that even before remembering, the event are still mostly the same, with only the thing showed ore directly inferrable from the slidhsow being deifferent. Meaning that the meet up with the dancesestor and the talk with Karkat during the thir meenahquest still happened, unless we are proven otherwize. what didn't happens was Terezi being fucked by Gamzee and going on a Faygo Craze, and Karkat giving her an intervention and Terezi seeing Karkat getting killed by Gamzee (except now she remember).
>>
>>78923350
>Nah dude, I remember from like, 20fucking11 when Hussie went on a rant on his Formspring (is that even a thing anymore?) about how the entirety of the bit with Gamzee was a gag
source?
>>
File: 1357485658821.png (288KB, 687x529px) Image search: [Google]
1357485658821.png
288KB, 687x529px
>>78922802
Study her works. Learn the truth.
>>
>>78923216
>A -> B
A-B is the direct consequence of the end of her quest and realizing she wouldn't get more than what she got out of it (also, hr and John kind of broke up (again?) and that being the most try hard than ever basically led her to get nothing.
>>
>>78923381
It was on his Formspring account, a website that would let him answer questions to fans, kinda like ask.fm.

He deleted that shit multiple times, but I do remember when he bitched out at people for taking the Karkat and Gamzee bit too seriously.

If you don't believe me though, hey, whatever man.
>>
>that one guy in this thread who thinks Homestuck is perfect

It's like I jumped back half a decade when the fanbase would be in awe every time Hussie announced he took a shit.
>>
>>78923350
>And again, man, it's about mood and tone. That was an instance where it just didn't jive with a lot of readers.
I thought quite on the contrary that the mixing of a psycho Clown killer with his killing antic was a perfect mesh of dark humor and serious tone.

i think the hussie's reply you are talking about is precisely about people complaining that Karkat and Gamzee didn't get a big showdown, that was the part that was played for humor and it was done right.

>That scene itself was one of the first and bigger examples of Hussie's growing love of anticlimaxes. Set up a fight, but nah.
Are you kidding? HS has been doing that all along. Since its start, HS has treated silly moment seriously and important key point moment with an humorous finish point. This was nothing new.
>>
I miss the Homestuck roleplay on Formspring.
>>
>>78923420
All his formspring answers are still archived if you can look for it.

And once again, what is being treated as a joke is the Gamzee-Karkat showdown, The consequences of his killing was note and there is nothing wrong with that and fitted the tone of the comic had to that point.
>>
>>78923454
It's not perfect, but it's definitely not bad.
>>
>>78922881
Hopefully never. I don't see how Karkat has a chance with her. Only John manages to tame the spiderbitch.
>>
>>78923412
>A-B
Not sure if we're referring to the same things, probably should have specified what I meant, A -> B was going from A (Vriska's last talk with John and heading off to get stabed in the back) to B ((Vriska) hooking up with Araena and starting the army of mind controlled ghosts sent to their doom), with C being the stuff after
>>
>>78923471
>I thought quite on the contrary that the mixing of a psycho Clown killer with his killing antic was a perfect mesh of dark humor and serious tone.

I am well aware at this point that you love everything about the story.

>i think the hussie's reply you are talking about is precisely about people complaining that Karkat and Gamzee didn't get a big showdown, that was the part that was played for humor and it was done right.

It was complaining about how Gamzee was seemingly allowed to just get away with it, with none of the characters even really reacting in a natural way to the fact that their friends were killed, and the murderer was right there.

>Are you kidding? HS has been doing that all along. Since its start, HS has treated silly moment seriously and important key point moment with an humorous finish point. This was nothing new.

That was during a large set during the second part of Act 5 where Hussie set up a series of big fights that all conveniently were dodged avoided, so he didn't have to task himself with animating anything too fancy.

>>78923511
Brother, I'm not gonna dig through five year old Q&As, with half of Hussie's replies being joking around while drunkposting. If you want to claim victory here, more power to you.
>>
>>78923567
>Implying it wouldn't be the spiderbitch preying on Karkat

>Only John manages to tame the spiderbitch
And then just when Karkat gets used to being the spider's bitch, John cucks him and Vriska starts following John around like a lovesick puppy
>>
>>78923618
You forgot the part with Karkat finally manning up and punching John Vriska-style. Fuck this stupid cuck meme.
>>
>>78923583
Oh? I thought you meant A-B was Vriska setting a pirate ships and killing counteless ghost, to Vriska being Meenah's lawnmower.

But basically, between "Vriska's last talk with John and heading off to get stabed in the back" to "Vriska hooking up with Araena and starting the army of mind controlled ghosts sent to their doom" there sin't much of a difference. Let's not forget that before she die, she was ready to go kill Bec Noir just to be the hero, despite being told she would cause the death of other. That is the Vriska we are talking about and there isn't much difference between her then and her sailing the pirate ship. She died, got fused with Tavros then decided she wanted the center of show again, setting a ship to find a weapon to kill the big bad to be the hero again.

Let's not forget how she was in Act 5 Act 1, where she basically threw a Tantrum when her attempt to make up for Aradia didn't turn out exactly the way she wanted. Vriska has been long looking for redemption, but she has always wanted it to be on her own term.
>>
>>78923717
Eh, point about wanting redemption on her terms, though I still find (Vriska) being fine with killing many many copies of her "friends" at odds with her character development interacting with John, even in the never was timeline where she did fight Jack the others dying pissed her off
>>
>>78923360
Yes, Tavros. I agree with that. But Nannasprite? Did I miss something?

>Jaspereroseprite and Davepetasprite
Abominations further ruining the integrity of their parts.

>Except not.
Dude. I'm talking about a specific person's emotional response to something in the part you quoted. That's a perfectly reasonable response to what happened.

Are they the same? Then what was the point of the retcon in the first place? To fix everything by having Vriska save the day? Terezi aside, it's not character development to simply erase the issues they had or prevent them from happening.

And I see all the post-retcon characters as being separate. They've had different experiences over the course of 3 years on the meteor. The characters now have different dynamics and relationships. We didn't see any of what caused those other than little snippets from the Vriskagram.

I'm sick of not seeing any of the characters growing and then being told things are different now years later and that I should accept it. It's exhausting to constantly be invested in something to only see it fall apart or subverted time and time again. At first, it was entertaining. Now it just makes me want to stop caring about the comic because it's like an abusive husband that beats me every night, but I'm scared to leave and be alone. It's probably just me. Whatever.
>>
>>78923590
>It was complaining about how Gamzee was seemingly allowed to just get away with it, with none of the characters even really reacting in a natural way to the fact that their friends were killed, and the murderer was right there.
Except this complain is uncalled for. Like I have explained to you several time,
1. The characters reacted a Natural way, with Kanay still wanting to hunt the clown and Terezi going down for being fooled by the clown and Karkat wanting the violence to simply stop no matter what.

The only thing that was treated as a joke was the final showdown of hit.

Once again, I think you missremember the formspring, as the complain was only about how it didn't end in a big fight. The complain that "all is forgiven because it's just a joke" is an uncalled for complain and is proven wrong along the story.
>>
>>78923775
She cared about them and about Tavros, because they were their friends. and the killing she did of Tavros was unnecessary. Compared to the ghost she outright call lesser version of the main character and disposable copy she never really befriend with. It's not impossible she let the Main A1 Trolls alive (those who died with Meenah on the lillypad).

Not defending her, just explaining her track of thoughts. Not to mention some acctually experessed the desire to cease to exist (HOrse-Rufioh), she was more than please to oblige.
>>
File: 0.gif (39KB, 500x346px) Image search: [Google]
0.gif
39KB, 500x346px
>>78923785
>But Nannasprite? Did I miss something?
There are two of them now.
>>
File: 0.png (250KB, 1024x802px) Image search: [Google]
0.png
250KB, 1024x802px
>>78923903
>>
>>78923803
Nah man, I remember specific lines mocking readers, like "'BUT GAMZEE NEEDS TO BE PUNISHED!!1!' give me a break." And such. It wasn't just bitching about the fight, but that is not a completely illegitimate complaint either.

That scene just did not jive with me, it did not jive with a lot of readers, and it was a pretty big bitching point back in the day.

And regardless, I don't think the complaint was really proven too wrong.
>>
>>78923917
Why is she black and what happened to those tits
>>
>>78923785
>Then what was the point of the retcon in the first place?
To save what can be saved. I GO ,t hey all die, remember. aLso, Retcon power doesn't actually create new timeline, it alter the current one. Only people who die in a retcon timeline get to keep existing beyond the retcon. Work the same way than with the scratch (meenah had to kill the A1 Trolls to not be wiped out by the Scratch).
>>
>>78923917
JUST
>>
>>78923785
>And I see all the post-retcon characters as being separate. They've had different experiences over the course of 3 years on the meteor. The characters now have different dynamics and relationships. We didn't see any of what caused those other than little snippets from the Vriskagram.
They are basically the same and went though exactly the things we have seen, the only difference being show (or directly implied) in the slideshow.

so, most of what you have seen still matter, except for some differences.
>>
>>78923674
>Karkat has so little mangrit John barely even notices
But seriously that'd be out of character for both Karkat and John
Though I sorta like the idea of a situation like this happening and it being entirely physical on both ends, with Vriska domming Karkat entirely fro stress relief on both ends, and letting John fuck her because friends with benefits is the closest to a real red relationship she can keep down

Actually on further thought Karkat might not have a problem it he takes it as her and John being in another quadrant or him and her moving to a different one

Though the idea of John cucking Karkat and his first response is "Thank Jegus I'm free of the spiderbitch" is funny to me
>>
>>78923943
Tumblr is the answer to all your questions.
>>
>>78923917
im more mad about her flat chest than her being black
>>
>>78923922
>Nah man, I remember specific lines mocking readers, like "'BUT GAMZEE NEEDS TO BE PUNISHED!!1!' give me a break."
You'll have to show me this if you keep using it as part of your argument.

>And regardless, I don't think the complaint was really proven too wrong.
It was proven wrong. Gamzee's action were not left unpunished or without conesequence; that alone invlidate the complains. All that is left is people diapointed they didn't see a big Gamzee-Karkat fight. (but we ended up seeing an epic Gamzee-Terezi Fight, so that make up for it).
>>
>>78923990
>little mangrit
It's sad how there is evidence for that.

At least Karkat has hidden high DEX stats. Should have rolled a Rogue or Thief.
>>
File: 1353899441963.gif (17KB, 282x300px) Image search: [Google]
1353899441963.gif
17KB, 282x300px
>>
>>78924122
You poor fool, spamming Nepkat isn't going to make it happen.
>>
File: 1351545016121.png (136KB, 550x476px) Image search: [Google]
1351545016121.png
136KB, 550x476px
but the future refused to change
>>
>>78923785
>I'm sick of not seeing any of the characters growing and then being told things are different now years later and that I should accept it. It's exhausting to constantly be invested in something to only see it fall apart or subverted time and time again. At first, it was entertaining. Now it just makes me want to stop caring about the comic because it's like an abusive husband that beats me every night, but I'm scared to leave and be alone. It's probably just me. Whatever.
The thing is, the current final update kind of adress this point and remind that those who died in the other timelines still matters.

That being said, your invest wasn't there for naught either as theyr are still roughly the same with just a few differences.

The one that was chnaged the most are basically Rose and Terezin those are the two who differ the most from the original meteor trip, but.
1. Pre-retcon Rose still live on as Jasprosesprite, so your investment in her still matter and
2. Terezi still live on as she know is all the terezi in a single one, so the investment you had in her still matter.
>>
>>78923530
It was not bad around four years ago. Five years I'd say it was pretty good.
>>
>>78924336
It's still pretty good, IMO.
>>
>>78924351
your O is shit
>>
File: 1327254392302.png (76KB, 454x385px) Image search: [Google]
1327254392302.png
76KB, 454x385px
>>
File: tumblr_o0memyhc1m1t558two1_1280.png (85KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0memyhc1m1t558two1_1280.png
85KB, 600x600px
It will all be about how the comic ends.
>>
>>78924351
I disagree t.b.h. fãm
>>
Vriska
Thread posts: 617
Thread images: 107

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.