[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's criticize our favorite shows

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 135
Thread images: 28

File: Shocked Panda.png (417KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Shocked Panda.png
417KB, 1366x768px
Let's criticize our favorite shows
>>
Why must we always hurt the ones we love?
>>
WWB is fairly lazy and not creative show seeing as there already exist an animation involving a panda bear, grizzly, and polar bear. The art is very simplistic and the writing is very lazy.
>>
>>78845747
I agree. I got 10 episodes into it and I'm having watching it any further. It's just so boring so far. Only thing I really love is Ice Bear. Panda and Grizzly are bland as hell.
>>
File: Queer.png (175KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
Queer.png
175KB, 640x400px
Literally perfect.

Expect the fans.
>>
>>78846058
Way too few human characters have been shown. I get that Beach City is a really small town, but there should be more than 15 people. I don't need everyone's backstory. I just want the setting to feel real.
>>
File: otgw.jpg (55KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
otgw.jpg
55KB, 960x540px
Can anyone think of a legit criticism of Over the Garden Wall? "The noses take some getting used to" is honestly the most I can come up with, personally.
>>
>>78845693

>still no crossdressing episode

fuck you CN, every other show on your channel has done it.
>>
>>78847236
Greg was really innoying until you got use to him
>>
>>78847305
Did you miss Charlie?
>>
>>78847437

I WANT TRAP PANDA
>>
>>78846058
Sadie's Song was a mistake. Also, too many lesbians.
>>
>>78847236
Wirt would sometimes be downright unlikable.

But that's just a nitpick really
>>
>>78847597
>too many lesbians
I don't follow.
>>
>>78846058

I felt like on certain points it tries to hard, your pic as an example. Also I'm kind of worried about flanderization of garnet and pearl.

Really liked perrys redemption arch though.
>>
>>78847597
>Also, too many lesbians.
I think it's too much shipping fuel. I can handle it when they're an actual couple:
>Ruby and Sapphire
>Connie and Steven
>Greg and Rose
>Pearl longing for Rose

But then you get the crew purposely throwing bones to horny fans just for the cutesy fanart like:
>Peri and Garnet
>Garnet and Pearl
>Peri and Amythyst
And it's just comes across as annoying that every character will eventually succumb to a crush or love-based relationship of some kind. It gets annoying. But I guess that is what happens when you base a very integral part of Gem lore around erotic dancing; even enemies like Lapis and Jasper will be perceived as an abuse relationship because they had to dance to be together.

No one can just be pure enemies in this world, at some point, they're going to do some cutesy fusion dance that makes people squeal. Not even rivals like Pearl and Amy can just stay rivals.
>>
File: 1447697478049.png (652KB, 620x1108px) Image search: [Google]
1447697478049.png
652KB, 620x1108px
People in Steven Universe cry too much. Ukuleles are gay also.
>>
>>78848566
Do Mi Sol Ti.
>>
>>78846058
Nah mate, the human characters are typically mediocre to straight up trash. And two of the worst, Lars and Sadie, are the two they keep trying to force down our throats the most.

Lars is a cunt and Sadie is Annie fucking Wilkes. She literally trapped a guy on an island so he could be with her.
>>
File: 168.jpg (8KB, 183x183px) Image search: [Google]
168.jpg
8KB, 183x183px
The story seems to be lazy and paced horribly, they throw things almost always expected out of left field and try to make fans seem like it was a shocker and the fanbase's shipping obsession is borderline disgusting.

Outside of that, the animation seems to be too choppy in high detail scenes and the way that the characters seem to react to the world around them seems insanely scripted and lacks genuine feeling. Dunno if this is the show's fault or the VA's fault, especially Candy and Mabel. I love Kristen, but I grew insanely bored of her Mabel by the time Soos and the Real girl came out
>>
File: considerthefollowing.jpg (27KB, 529x586px) Image search: [Google]
considerthefollowing.jpg
27KB, 529x586px
Rick and morty Has nothing interesting happen except for the last episode of the season
>>
too much screaming
>>
>>78848700
no shit, its supposed to be a comedy
>>
>>78847050
For a tourist town, it really doesn't seem to have tourists. Or people.
>>
>>78847236
Greg was fucking awful and the biggest argument against it is 'muh realistic child'.
You people have never met a child before. I've worked with retarded kids before and they were less annoying.
>>
>>78848736
Really inconsistent comedy, but when it hits it hits hard. I just wish it hit more, or at least the bad jokes were less in your face.
>>
>>78848700
I posted the wrong pic but while im at it Avatar is kinda perfect the only crtic i had about it was the way they dealt with the firelord. I wanted him to get his head loped in half.
>>
>Steven Universe
Most episodes have horrible pacing as they try to cram too much into 11 minutes. And they sometimes add in songs when they don't fit.

The emotional moments don't hit that hard at all most of the time, probably due to them being done nearly every episode, so when the show is trying to get really serious it's hard to care.

Also the fandom is awful.
>>
>>78848947
Except that would've made all of the "Inner struggle" that Aang had for the entire post Zuko best friend arc pointless.
>>
File: 1 (1).jpg (64KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1 (1).jpg
64KB, 500x375px
>old spongebob
Pearl was annoying and Sandy was a bit needless to have around

Other than that, perfect
>>
File: 1444068396746.png (2MB, 1000x1114px) Image search: [Google]
1444068396746.png
2MB, 1000x1114px
>>78848834
Well then you say something bad about rick and morty All i ever see coming from 4chan is that "its too reddit"
>>
>>78848991
The emotional moments also don't hit when you try to have only 4 minutes exposition and 4 minutes buildup to them.

And all this emotional development, what's going to happen when things get truly dire? The characters will have no more room to evolve. Usually the character progress happens as the plot also happens. Juxtaposition, unification of theme, et cetera. They're not doing anything but character development. There's about a dozen "plot" episodes total.
>>
>>78849035
Not him, but the only thing I have to say about Rick and Morty is that not every episode was excellent.

The two commercials episodes and the purge episode were really average.
>>
>>78849013
Well then why even bring up the inner turmoil at all if it was never a problem

Aang was a 12 year old boy with the experiance of hundreds of past lives. Stop dragging your feet and end the guy or not.
>>
File: Harvey_Beaks_Logo.png (43KB, 200x125px) Image search: [Google]
Harvey_Beaks_Logo.png
43KB, 200x125px
The main character is the most boring piece of shit on the show
>>
>>78846058
Steven is so fucking obnoxious.
Which is a shame because all of the Gems are okay characters, even Pearl.
>>
>>78849035
The scifi misadventures are great. The family portions are fucking horrendous.

Nobody cares about Jerry's parent's kinky sex life. Or Summer's boyfriend. Nobody cares about Jerry and Beth's repeatedly failing marriage. Or Beth feeling insecure and taking it out on a dying deer. Nobody gives a shit about Jerry trying to be pals with his daughter just to ask her for money.

People DO care about the Meseeks unable to help Jerry because he's so pathetic. Or an alien parasite taking over the whole house and controlling memories. Or the family dog gaining intelligence and imprisoning the family. When the show mashes the average with sci-fi misadventure, it's great. Otherwise it's horrible.

Sometimes the humor is too meta and too "random warbly made-up improv words" which get really boring. You can only hear the joke about Rick talking about the integrity of serious space creatures like the Blorble Partafart and how they're dying of Gumgo pivelteen before it's like I get it, it's fucking made-up bullshit.

That's why I feel like I will grow out of Rick and Morty down the road. Eventually it's humor will stop being funny to me because every episode is like it.

Still, it's pretty ambitious when it wants to be. The episode where the screen split like 80 times? Amazing.
>>
>>78847236
Characters' cartoony, simplistic designs contrast with the backgrounds and presentation
>>
>>78847236
It being all a dream is always a copout, but even that they handled well.
I guess the noses. And Greg grows on you.
>>
>>78848626
If music is so easy then why couldn't Peridot make a better song

Sugar is a hack. A HACK.
>>
>>78848736
Darwin's voice cracks way too often. His voice actor most be going through puberty.
>>
>>78849569
I don't think it was a dream. The bell was still in the frog so it must have been real in some fashion.
>>
>>78847236
Sometimes it tried too hard to be funny on the same level of Adventure Time. Contrasting scary or dangerous world with simple mundane absurdness. That was mostly in the beginning though.
>>
>>78849499
The gems are way more awful than Steven.
>>
>>78848649
You can't blame Hirsch for the fans, every show with child characters is going to bring the sickos out of the woodworks.
I think the episode where they straight up go to the future made the conspiracy seem like not a big deal any more.
>>
Steven Universe's pacing is all over the place. Sometimes fuck all will happen for most the episode, then they cram shit into the last 4 minutes.
>>
File: got a bad feeling scoob.png (192KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
got a bad feeling scoob.png
192KB, 500x375px
Scooby Doo Mystery Inc has a really slow beginning. You have to drag yourself through the cringe that is everything that has to do with Velma, Shaggy and Scooby.
They seemed to set up "Velma betrays the team" pretty heavily in the second season constantly contrasting her genuine desire to solve mysteries and everyone's incompetence but it doesn't go anywhere.
Daphne fails to become any more of a character in this show than its past incarnations. The only thing it really added was that she has an inferiority complex in comparison to her sisters but other than that she's still just a pretty girl who has a crush on Fred.
>>
>>78848700
Rick and Morty only broke status quo once and after it everything was virtually identical.
The season 2 finale suggests that Earth is part of the galactic empire whatever, so that could be interesting, unless Rick retcons it, but I really want Beth and Jerry to finally fucking divorce.
>>
>>78847050
>>78848838
It's a pretty accurate portrayal of wannabe tourist towns in eastern Maryland. Which is where it canonically takes place.
>>
File: classywander.png (352KB, 819x528px) Image search: [Google]
classywander.png
352KB, 819x528px
The show doesn't have any viable criticisms that won't make me seem like a huge asshole for pointing them out.

>I hate wander nothing about him is Intriguing. Same goes for Silvia who is basically a mary sue. All the villains are also boring.
>>
>>78845693
I'm gonna choose my current favorite show, Gravity Falls. I really loved it, especially when the ball started moving, when Stan's actions started to pick up, when Bill and Ford were introduced. It's funny, I like the voice acting, I can go on about the good but I feel like the second half was rushed, they fucked up some possible character arches because of it, and it kind of made the show wasted potential.
>>
Why does it seem like people are mostly just picking shows that are on right now? This thread is getting repetitive really fast.
>>
>>78849799
I agree with everything that you said.

I despised the main character interactions between each other and preferred seeing Shaggy, Daphne, Fred, and Velma interact with other people.

Also, that ending.
>>
>>78850054
Did you know POPULAR things get POPULAR because A LOT OF PEOPLE WATCH THEM?

Nobody is criticizing Clarence or Penn Zero because not a lot of people on /co/ really watch or discuss it to care.

Just be happy we've been able to talk about Rick and Morty, Steven, and GF in the same thread without it turning into a shitfest. This is pretty damn tame for a "Criticize ____" thread which is just begging for baiting.
>>
>SW: The Clone Wars
Too much filler in between the really good parts. Also, some arcs are probably longer than they should be.
>>
>>78849502
To be honest the whole way Summer reacted to Jerry asking for money was kinda funny. Although I prefer Jerry to suffer as much as possible.
>>
File: movie_time_by_veganya-d50g7bl.jpg (2MB, 2480x3508px) Image search: [Google]
movie_time_by_veganya-d50g7bl.jpg
2MB, 2480x3508px
God damn what happened and why am I still here
>>
>>78850122
I like everything about Clarence but the character Clarence, and even he isn't too obnoxious in later episodes.
It's really nostalgic for me. Captures being a kid perfectly.
>>
>>78850200
You only watch the show because you've invested time into it, and will feel remorse if you don't continue to watch it more. Enjoy your Shipping Time.
>>
>>78849662
I think it was supposed to be the afterlife. That's why things are so old-fashioned and there's stuff like the town full of skeletons. When Wirt and Greg fall into the river they either died for little bit or had some sort of near-death experience. I'm not sure though.
>>
>>78849035
The Microverse car battery episode is the best in the series

>creative use of sci-fi
>the escalating Microverses joke was done well
>legitimate suspense and someone who was an actual threat to Rick
>"keep Summer safe" had good build up and payoff
>>
>>78850116
You didn't like the ending? I thought it was perfect. It made me feel empty inside but it matched the show.
>>
>>78850200
They gave the writers enough rope to hang themselves. Even Pen jumped ship.
>>
>>78850265
You just described why I watch Steven. I hate the constant anime-isms and overly weeb moments of the show but I wanna know about the fucking Gem caste so bad and see where Yellow Diamond.
>>
>>78850200
It still has good episodes.
>>
Biggest criticism of Venture Bro is their HORRIBLE production schedule.

It's almost inexcusable.
>>
>>78850122
The fact that it's only popular shows isn't what bothers me. What bothers me is that it's only current running shows so we can end up only talking about Rick and Morty, Steven and GF.
>>
not my favourite show but im not a fan of WBB. as mentioned already the writing feels lazy. it's at times cringe-y and seems to rely on cliches like in animes. the cutesy parts especially make me cringe. i think there was an episode about how panda's sneeze was so cute and he wasn't into it. that was the entire fucking episode. at that episode i knew that i couldnt continue watching this show. i genuinely hope it gets canceled soon
>>
>>78850416
>Every character is a derivative "homage"
>Every character is gay or a pedophile or both
Other than that it's 10/10
>>
>>78850452
Nothing is stopping you from Joining us in back and forth anon except you. Post YOUR favorite show and ill rip it a new one. I already stated I loved avatar watched the whole thing 3 times. doesn't mean i can't hate on it.
>>
>All of the DCAU shows have attacks that look really slow and weak yet hit without fail and knock people off their feet

>OTGW has a mediocre art style for the characters

>The Clone Wars has some pretty bland and shitty episodes that I blame for not getting to the unfinished story arcs
>>
>>78850307
I guess I am just a bit sad that the character interactions outside of the group pretty much disappeared and that the gang just stuck with each other.

Marcie and Velma.
Fred and his Dad.

Also the whole
>We were the Heart of the Jaguar all along!
thing was really really cringey.
>>
>>78850623
I already did.
>>
File: 1422899443211.png (152KB, 349x339px) Image search: [Google]
1422899443211.png
152KB, 349x339px
Despite what most fans will tell you, the latest arc sucked and the second season has so far been a clear step down from the first
>>
>>78849622
I think his va was changed three times as their voices get too deep from puberty. Same for gumball I think
>>
>>78850735
It was depressing, but in a way I enjoyed how they cleverly made it happen. It didn't feel hamfisted. I could logically believe after they saw their alternate friends and families perish they would never want to see these weird versions ever again.

I definitely agree with you on the Heart of the Jaguar. That was cringey as fuck.
>>
File: 1452384774717.jpg (5KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
1452384774717.jpg
5KB, 245x245px
>>78846058
>"Perfect"
>forced drama
>inconsistent characters
>muh quirkiness
>Pearl and Rose even being a thing
>Sadie in general
>PEARL IN GENERAL
>>
>>78850693
>Clarence has extremely mediocre characters. They are interesting, but don't really have much going for them outside of the fact that they are kids, which to be fair is the point of the show. Everyone outside of Sumo and Jeff and maaaaaybe the teacher are extremely bland personality wise, and even then.
>>
I don't understand the complaints about Over the Garden Wall's character designs.

The character designs reminded me of old wooden dolls. Which is most likely what they were going for, and I thought it worked great with the show.
>>
>>78850452
I tried to think of stuff for older shows that aren't on anymore, but a combination of nostalgia and not really remembering much outside of a few episodes, they seem flawless to me even though I know they aren't.
I can't think of a single criticism I have about Samurai Jack or Dexter's Lab because I haven't really watched them that much since I was a child.

Here's one I guess
>KND had a kind of awkward artstyle and animation.
>>
"Emmy Cicierega worked on Gravity Falls". Is that enough of a burn for you?
>>
>>78851040
I can see what you mean. Never thought of it like that. I just think they look too similar to some of CN's other show's. I guess since everything else in OTGW is so beautiful, we expect the characters to be just as beautiful. But we forget it's still a goddamn cartoon.
>>
File: Beastwarslogo.jpg (26KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
Beastwarslogo.jpg
26KB, 300x225px
The animation did not age well. At all. There are PS1 FMV cut scenes that look better.
>>
Does Homestar Runner/Strong Bad Email count? Because I think generally that's my favorite cartoon.

Anyway, for Strong Bad Emails,

- It felt like eventually it started to become formulaic. They pick a topic, Strong Bad satires it.
A lot of the mid-run Emails were more character based and surreal, while later emails were just straight social satire.

- It got WAY too self referential and "pandering" at the end. Like they kept sticking in references and callbacks for the Homestar Wiki, and then that ended up becoming a replacement for jokes. "Look! It's Onion Bubs! Look! It's Count Longardeaux! It's Lem Sportsinterviews!" isn't a joke. This made it REALLY hard for me to get a friend into the show because it required prior knowledge of all these jokes in order to find the email funny.

- Why would Strong Bad willingly destroy the Lappy like that out of absolutely nowhere?

For Homestar Runner in general, Marzipan is a genuinely shitty character in an otherwise perfect cast. She's irritating, unlikable and, most damningly, not funny.
>>
>>78851040
The problem is they were going for that design at a time where red triangle noses are very popular right now, especially for Tumblr artists. So it comes across as "ugh Tumblr nose".
>>
>>78848649
The second half of season 2 is probably the only thing that truly irks me. Any other issues is pretty minor. I will say that the show tries too hard to be a drama/action show but it doesn't really have the writing/animating chops for it. Personally, i think of the show is better as a comedy.
>>
>>78845693

Great show.

The fanbase however cannot discuss the show without the discussion devolving into furfaggotry and bara porn. Even /sug/ and /sveg/ are better at discussing their shows.
>>
>>78847236
I feel like it was pretty boring at times, and there were some episodes that were downright worthless.
>>
>>78848736
No, the biggest complaint is that it can get really, really nihilistic about modern, out of world society sometimes.
Although I think it's calmed down on that. That one joke of Anais complaining about lack of freedom during the Snuzzletag ep was so jarring.
>>
>>78850200
You're hooked like I am anon. I wish I didn't love Finn and Jake so much so I could jump ship like a reasonable person.

I could write a doctoral thesis on the ways AT is shit but I'm too lazy.
>>
>>78846058
>drama drama drama drama CRYING drama crying
At the same time when they go for low stakes comedy it's dull as hell, every human character besides Connie and Greg (and Steven) is trash.

They gotta find a sweet spot besides all their tears and angst but without their mind numbing attempts at wacky slice of life funnies, THEN the show will be perfect.
>>
>>78850534
Venture Bros is a satire so I don't understand what your problem with popular comic and pulp story characters being parodied is
>>
File: 1412316005385.png (549KB, 1280x913px) Image search: [Google]
1412316005385.png
549KB, 1280x913px
I know it's been mentioned before but
I'm starting to see what people have been saying about there being too much drama, although this may be hard to avoid for a 11 minute cartoon. Sometimes the acting and writing feel awkward. Some of the storyboard artists suckYD's design is ugly
>>
>>78850534
>>78850416
>no good female lead characters other than Dr. Girlfriend and Molotov Coqtiz (RIP???)
Even then, their stories center mostly around a romance with another (or multiple) MCs.

I would have expected more MC women by now, but honestly, I don't care. I like the show as it is and even if more recurrent female characters don't show up anytime soon, whatever.

Sphinx.
>>
File: venturecreepybear.jpg (57KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
venturecreepybear.jpg
57KB, 1024x576px
>>78850534
Well sometimes we get thrown off track. Captain Sunshine was being set up to be a pedo but in the end he was just really guilt-ridden.
>>
>>78852853
>(RIP?)
Someone is a season behind.

It's a show stuck in the world of a bunch of men who all sort of keep fucking up and are almost all generally pretty lonely losers. Throwing in a bunch of women would throw that off.
>>
File: image.jpg (64KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64KB, 480x360px
>South Park

Too many episodes revolving around 3 characters (Cartman, Randy, and Butters). Also, the social commentary has become too direct and obvious, that it has basically become "What current event will South Park make fun of next week?".

Other than that, it's a great show.
>>
>>78850897
you'd like to know
>pearl in general?

i cum to pearl's face very night before bed and edge to her every morning before work

that general enough for you, or would you like specifics?
>>
All my favorite shows have amassed a terrible fanbase.
>>
File: 1432849830773.gif (473KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
1432849830773.gif
473KB, 854x480px
>>78849392
But he's a good kid.
>>
>>78853259
Go ahead, Anon.

Name some names.
>>
File: adventure-time.png (88KB, 560x230px) Image search: [Google]
adventure-time.png
88KB, 560x230px
It's like the writers are scared to commit to significant changes. Very few changes stick, and even fewer are ones that fans are happy with. The more I think about it, the more I'm surprised that Billy hasn't been resurrected yet.
>>
>>78848736
Hiatus hiatus hiatus, it is one of big thing to prevent the show to unleash its potential.
>>
>>78848862
I was just like greg tho
its only your fault you have never met anyone like that ever
>>
>>78847236
What the fuck was up with those black turtles.
>>
>>78845693
Steven Universe has a tendency to be WAY too melodramatic. They really ought to go for a 22 minute episode format (though I suspect CN has something to do with their current 11 minute format as opposed to any directorial choice) so they can spend more time on build up. It's particularly annoying when they knowingly take the piss out of themselves with lines like "Why would anyone watch a show about crying?" and then continue being melodramatic. I think a more ideal format would be more grounded drama punctuated by early season 1 style comedy episodes where nothing much serious happens. Thankfully this week's series of episodes seems to be heading in this direction. Drama and lore is fine but a show should remember to be fun, especially if you're basically a magical girl series with a male protagonist.
>>
>>78856073
>They really ought to go for a 22 minute episode format (though I suspect CN has something to do with their current 11 minute format as opposed to any directorial choice)
I heard Sugar opted for it on purpose because it gave them more opportunities to make an episode about anything they want.

Like, it's easy to string two or three episodes in a row with the same plot, especially with a Steven Bomb (for example, the last three episodes could be seen as one big episode, you could easily watch them all in a row without a break in the pace), but it would be harder to make a 22 minute episode about this small random but still significant facet of Steven's life without throwing in some filler B-plot that's only there to eat up time.
>>
>>78855563
Thats basically anything I like on Hiatus Network, I'm shocked at how angry I get at these aspies and their scheduling issues,
>>
File: rose tinted glasses.png (84KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
rose tinted glasses.png
84KB, 250x250px
Steven Jewniverse:

Estelle can't voice act anything other than calm as a summer breeze.

Connie is oftentimes uninteresting and comes across as a self-insert.

Memorable fight scenes are rare.

The first 20 or so episodes give an inaccurate impression of the show's direction, which puts a lot of people off.

The /co/ 'fandom' is full of pedos.

Often the heavy dialogue comes across hamfisted and the really dark/compelling shit is left as subtext.

Some characters (I'm looking at Ruby) come across as very simplistic and one-dimensional.

11 minute episodes - the writers are doing well under those constraints, but it feels like a matter of time before we get episodes where it shows.

Dodgy Korean animation in places looks shit.

Nobody gives a FUCK about Sadie and Lars holy shit.
>>
>>78856108
That makes sense but it strikes me as wanting to have one's cake and eat it too. I take your point about being able to string together episodes though, It Could've Been Great ends almost exactly where Message Received begins, and the episode after feels like an epilogue. The episodes really are attached at the hip. I'd argue it makes re-running episodes a bitch but then CN doesn't have a lot of room for SU with all the Teen Titans Go they have to put on the menu.
>>
I hate how makers of Extreme Ghostbusters pussied out because the outro was apparently "too creepy" for kids and added shitty music to it.
>you will never be alone in the house as a kid, hearing those spooky-ass moans and screams and be terrified out of your mind even though the lights are on, again

The original may have been scary to kids, but at least it was memorable. Music only ruined that effect and it's not even good music, but a shittier redoing of Ghostbusters theme.
>>
Gravity Falls should have focused more on ''monster of the week'' episodes, with random paranormal mysteries.
>>
>>78846058
i can't be the only one who found that scene really funny
>>
>>78845693

We Bare Bears is a fun show that can get quite boring and lazy at times. Also, very cliche.

>>78846058
Steven Universe is one of the best but suffers from too much melodramatic crap and soap opera type relationship issues. Peridot is best gem.

>>78847236
Literally flawless

>>78848649
>>78857749
This, Gravity Falls wasn't cut out to be a plot show.
Still love it though.

>>78849392
I don't get the love for this one, it's so boring and every joke misses. It's like watching a worse Clarence, which is already pretty shit in itself.

>>78849823
Rick and Morty is pretty good but very overrated. I feel bored in some of the episodes. Some of the jokes feel meme-y as fuck too. Like the plumbus or the meeseeks guy. Sometimes it just throws something shocking into an episode that really doesn't need it and the episode feels weakened.

>>78849938
The parts with Hater and everyone else is great. Wander and Sylvia are boring as fuck.

>>78850200
Don't even get me started, I'd need to write a paper on why it's so awful.

>>78851195
Beast Wars and ReBoot look like shit, but at least the plot and characters make up for it.

>>78853065
It feels like it's trying too hard to be relevent and some episodes feel rushed as fuck.
>>
>>78856152
not enough Jasper
>>
>>78849574
maybe its a play on all these ppl who pretend like electronic music takes no talent to make and only real music is that with electric guitar

i hate rockists and am listening to yung lean rn lmao
>>
>>78848636
I am glad we haven't seen those two anymore.
>>
We Bare Bears is great, even cringeworthy shit like the memecon episode was bearable

I like Regular show a lot but the Betacai episodes are fucking horrendous, every other episode is great and I appreciate episodes with a character focus but still involving the entire gang, like Skips stress

Adventure Time I haven't seen much lately but that's because it never comes on when I actually have the time, but it's great but it's plot developments can sometimes fuck up big time, I'm still really pissed they broke Fin and Flame Princess

I really fucking love the Total Drama series, but it tends to lean into retardness halfway through seasons, Ridonculous race is easily my favorite though with a finale that ended perfectly but way too soon
>>
>>78858228

>Rushed as fuck

South Park is about shoving in whatever the newest craze of the week is

No shit
>>
>>78853259
Every fanbase is terrible. Seriously, name some that aren't.
>>
>>78859558
Probably some obscure show that barely has like 5 fans, and all of them engage into show discussion instead of fanfiction.
>>
>>78851195
Season 3's unevenness.
>>
>>78856152
pacing is slow as fuck and the show will be canceled before it ever gets anywhere interesting because that's what happens to cartoon network shows that build a comedy show for kids around any kind of plot that would take multiple seasons to finish. With the amount of episodes it had the lack of relevant plot is just bad, there is no interest in telling a story on the part of the creators, it's just about adding more characters for fans to ship and sperg over. Latest example being blue diamond and the colored pearls.
fuck steven universe
>>
The only critique I have for my favorite show is that it is absolutely flawless and cannot be critiqued.
>>
>>78856110
What?
>>
>>78855510
To me it feels like the writers all just want to do their own thing, and use the show as a platform, instead of writing *for* AT as a coherent team. Because of this no one can make any significant changes without creating conflict with what the others might want to do.
>>
>>78845693
Best thing about WBB: I want to fuck Panda.
Worst thing about WBB: I need to fuck Panda.
>>
File: 1449365288751.jpg (18KB, 500x328px) Image search: [Google]
1449365288751.jpg
18KB, 500x328px
Favorite recent show would be Star Vs Evil
>some jokes are a miss
>Marco is barely depicted as the safe kid
>not enough Toffee screen time
>>
>>78859558
Faith Mouse.
>>
>>78864667
>Faith Mouse
Just looked this up, wtf is this?
>>
>>78856110
Instead having time to develop shows with potential and show required improvement, CN decides to dedicate on TTGO.
>>
File: faith mouse.jpg (15KB, 350x223px) Image search: [Google]
faith mouse.jpg
15KB, 350x223px
>>78864711
It's a bizarre religious comic that never seems to actually make a point, and yet at the same time people think the creator is a religious nutball. I have respect for him though, since most of the time he just answers criticism nonsensically and so does his fanbase.
>>
File: 1447625301879.png (4KB, 298x302px) Image search: [Google]
1447625301879.png
4KB, 298x302px
El Tigre could have had a less rushed finale imo
>>
>>78849938
the show itself is so godamn cringeworthy. No thanks.

>>78850797
the 2nd season is MUCH better than the first. The gems actually have personality now.
>>
File: katamari obama.jpg-large.jpg (291KB, 1000x1255px) Image search: [Google]
katamari obama.jpg-large.jpg
291KB, 1000x1255px
>>78864746
>>78864711
>>78864667
Politics aside, how can you NOT like this guy?
Thread posts: 135
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.