[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Young justice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

File: image.png (104KB, 250x375px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
104KB, 250x375px
What went wrong?
>>
They cancelled it.
>>
>>78830099
Everything.
>>
>>78830099
/co/ didn't buy the toys
>>
>>78830099
The gypsy curse
>>
>>78830126
/thread
>>
File: Raven36.png (235KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Raven36.png
235KB, 640x480px
>>78830099
No Raven
>>
>>78830099
No pure Waifus
>>
>>78830099
Too much keikkaku dori shit
>>
>>78830099
Anime
>>
>>78830299
>Anyone who plans anything at all is keikkaku dori shit

Some of the plans were shit, I'll give you that. Keeping Kaldur's "betrayal" secret from their best friends/strongest team members, including the mind reader and the super brick, was fucking stupid. At best, they would figure it out, and at worst, they would fucking kill him.

That's really the only bad example I can think of though
>>
>>78830099
It needed one last season or at least a movie to tie up all the loose ends. Then they could have wrapped it up as a complete story/elseworld to pull on later.
>>
>>78830385
Pretty sure >>78830299 is referring to how all throughout the first season no matter what happened the Light would end the episode going "We totally meant for that to happen."

That's really the most common example of how Young Justice took a lot of things that should've been used sparingly and ran them into the ground
>>
Not enough cock hungry Meghan being used as a cumdumpster to relieve everyone's stress on the team
>>
>>78830457
It was more that things weren't completely unsalvageable. If things went as planned, the team would be dead and that mind control shit would have happened alot faster. They just didn't hinge all of their plans on one event or person. That's just not being retarded.

Plenty of things to complain about, and that's the one he picks?
>>
>>78830274
I wonder what a YJ Raven would be like...
>leaves thread to go fap.
>>
File: 1423166886125.jpg (222KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
1423166886125.jpg
222KB, 1024x683px
>>78833404
>not YJ Jinx
>>
>keikeku
>muh catchphrases
>shipping
>it ending

otherwise it was a fucking great show
>>
>>78830099
Took itself waaay too seriously, and focused primarily on horribly written tween romance, forced tween drama and forced shipping.
>>
>>78833500
>took itself way too seriously
TTG faggots need to vacate themselves.
>>
>>78833807
They're both really really bad shows on opposite ends of the spectrum of shit.
>>
>>78833500
>horribly written tween romance
Assuming the context is the same, how would you have gone about the romance?
>>
>>78834021
I would have let it flow naturally, or at the very least try to. None of this cringy
>I HATE YOU!
>I HATE YOU TOO!
>artemis gets hurt
>LEEEAAAVE HEEER ALOOOONE!!! >:(
Most people consider the miss martian and superboy pairing bad, and it certainly was, but artemis and kid flash just made me groan with how fucking cheesy it was. I don't know how I would do the romance, but I know that I would certainly never dedicate entire episodes to it, or cut away from action to update people on where a couple is in their argument, especially in a fucking DC action cartoon.
>>
>>78834162
Dick and Artemis felt so much more natural than Wally and Artemis.
>>
Season 2 had a bunch of pointless subplots that ultimately didn't go anywhere. The Minoriteam were the best example. They got loads of focus, ran off to do their own thing, then quietly retired at the end of the season. They got too much buildup when their ultimate purpose was just to get a thing off a spaceship.

Then there was the "who gives a fuck?" relationship between Bumblebee and whoever that other guy was. Those two characters seemed to exist solely for having relationship drama and had little development beyond that (again, the black guy was such a non-character that I'm still not sure who he was supposed to be). That's not even getting into all of the other incidental characters who were introduced as if they were important, then turned out to just be filler (Robin and Wonder Girl were the worst offenders). Sure, some people argue that these things might have been important if season 3 had happened, but the way they were built up makes me think most of them really were just poorly conceived ideas that got thrown in just because the showrunner felt like it.
>>
>>78834604
It was Greg Weisman. Of course they would have continued into season 3.
>>
>>78834678
That's not really a defense, though. A series has to be satisfying on a season-to-season basis. Look at its sister series, GLTAS: there are loose ends along the way, but by the end of both arcs, the outstanding arcs of development were resolved in a suitably climactic fashion, and while another season could certainly happen, what we got is still a fairly complete story. Young Justice is so wholly devoted to its mythos that it kept holding back the cool stuff in the name of saving it for a climax that never came. And even then, a lot of plot arcs just kinda happen without being explained or resolved meaningfully. Superman and Superboy's relationship is a good example, we start with "he doesn't respect me" versus "that's not my kid," then Superman gives a half-assed "good job" moment and the plot skips forward six years.
>>
>>78835198
But GLTAS also held back its best stuff by forgoing the Sinestro arc and wasting our time with stupid bullshit Evil Aya plots and shipping.
>>
>>78834604
I feel like Season 1 was guilty of that as well. They built all of these sub plots that created very large potential conflict with the heroes... Only to drop it all on one episode "just because." I do admit, though, they made up for that with a really good twist afterwards.
>>
>>78835198
>Young Justice is so wholly devoted to its mythos that it kept holding back the cool stuff in the name of saving it for a climax that never came

But it did. The Reach were set up, introduced, and defeated, alongside half of the Light. That was the main plot of season two and it got resolved.

If you're referring to Apokolips, that barely factored into the show until the very end, which was pretty much just a tease.
>>
>>78835408
>that barely factored into the show until the very end
Anon, apok weapon was a serious problem from the team, they didn't know where the shit was coming from, there was the New Gods shit with Superboy, and the new Genisis orb thing. Apololips & Darksied was more than just a tease.
>>
>>78835408
The Reach plot being resolved is fair. I just wish it wasn't so singularly unenchanting, between their lack of foreshadowing in the prior season and most of them being pretty flat. Especially Black Beetle, where it feels like they wrote "really really strong and a bad guy" on a table napkin for his character notes.
>>
>>78830385
It's not that part that pissed me off so much as they didn't have the balls to actually turn Kaldur into a villain.

I thought that would have been a much better twist than the undercover bullshit they went with, especially since Black Manta literally treated him like a son. The way they handled their relationship felt very unsatisfactory by the end and they concluded whatever inner conflict Kaldur had with that way too abruptly. By the end I was hoping he'd actually turn villain, but....
>>
>>78835408
The Reach plot was fine, for the most part. It was the large amount of subplots without satisfying conclusions that people complain about.
>>
>>78835339
Perhaps, but just going off what's presented in the show, you wouldn't know Sinestro was anything more than a cool one-off character. YJ kept throwing huge "This is going to be important later!" moments at us, like everything surrounding Impulse, that just never get brought up again after the first episode.
>>
>>78835673
Yeah, that's the thing. The Sinestro episode is a great episode, but it works entirely well as a standalone: we get some Hal backstory, a neat plot, and a twist that throws a lot of other stuff into contrast. You do want more out of it, but that's because it was good, not because it was unresolved. By contrast, we never learn anything more about what Impulse's deal was.
>>
>>78830099
Nothing. Execs at CN want more shit like Adventure Time and GO! On their channel, so they cancelled it.

Frankly, there should exist a more teenaged orienated block.
>>
>>78830099
Extremely rushed second season, moved away from Superboy at the main character.
>>
>>78830299
>>78830385
>>78830457
I think it was more a mixture of confidence and the Light being full of people who are pretty damn good at turning things to their advantage.
>>
>>78834604
>>78835198

Weisman can't write conclusive arcs or victories. For some reason, he always thinks that he has all the time in the world for subplots and the audience will just wait for him.
>>
File: neptunes_beard.png (272KB, 500x643px) Image search: [Google]
neptunes_beard.png
272KB, 500x643px
>>78836547
Neptune's Beard, this!

The second season felt like nothing but rushed/aborted arcs punctuated by random new characters we didn't care about. It would have been nicer if they kept the focus on the original characters from season 1.
>>
>>78830099

Season 2 happened. Thats what
>>
The pilot was good. After that it went downhill.
>>
Introduced a bunch of chars and made a too large cast. Too many chars didn't get fleshed out in the end in favor of hermanos ese and crashed the mode.
>>
>Hey you know how we have all these cool powers? Let's make all the fights dull and weightless, except for Speedo vs Tet Offensive, those two characters who are barely in the show.
>Hey you know how we tease that this Superboy/Superman subplot will see some development? Let's not address it until the last 5 minutes of the season finale
>Hey you know how it was a herculean task to give seven main cast members any sort of development? Lets double the characters in season 2 but let's only focus on Blue Beetle.

The awkward dialogue and compulsive habit of characters to explain minute details of technology didn't help either.
>>
>>78835541
What the hell was Black Beetle, anyway? They just kinda introduce him, he's almost entirely a donut steel, he doesn't have a personality aside from being a brute, and all he does is dominate literally everything they throw at him all the way up to Mongul and Captain Marvel.
>>
It felt like season 2 was an in-between season to introduce a lot more characters that would be used in season 3 but we never got season 3
>>
>>78834196
Dick and any female character seems natural
>>
>>78830099
Not enough slut dick
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.