[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Eliza such a horrible main character? Literally everything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: Eliza.jpg (53KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
Eliza.jpg
53KB, 650x650px
Why is Eliza such a horrible main character? Literally everything that goes wrong in the whole show is her fault, and she never takes responsibility or learns from her mistakes. Even the temporary characters like Tyler are more likable. The show would be fucking amazing if it had anyone else as the focus, Nigel, Darwin, even fucking Debbie ends up being pretty cool when you get to know her.
>>
The real question is why did the elephants look like Nigel Thornberry?
>>
A show about Nigel would be amazing.
>>
I found everyone but Debbie annoying as hell.
>>
>>78820145

>He doesn't remember the episode where there are flashbacks to when a young Nigel Thornberry befriended and impregnated an Elephant who then meets Eliza in the present day.
>>
Truly she was the Steven Universe of her time.
>>
>>78820082
That was sort of the problem with the show. Well, in addition to Eliza being horrible-looking. There were a couple of times when she solved problems that animals were having, but most of the time it was shit like her happening to be there when a drought ended, for example, and having the animals think she did it.

Debbie being the one who could talk to animals and her little sister wanting to get her involved with their problems all the time would have been better. Maybe Debbie could have taught Eliza to mind her own business more often.
>>
>>78820221
Except Steven is great. Eliza was often a spiteful bitch. Steven on the other hand is the only one keeping everyone together. Steven doesn't have a bad bone in his body.
>>
>>78820188
It'd smash nick's current lineup
>>
>>78820257
If only Curry hadn't suffered that stroke...
>>
>>78820275
How bad is he?
>>
I would love if the show wrote Eliza out and either made Debbie or Darwin the main lead. Debbie could talk to animals and her arc could be about finding appreciation in the things she already has to live with instead of the life she wanted.

Or Darwin could just be the family chimp who, being an animal himself, gets directly involved in the affairs of the animal of the day and plays as the medium between being domesticated and a free creature. With Donnie as his side kick.

Or fuck, have the show alternate the focus so there is no one main character. Nigel is already so cool that the one episode where Eliza was dying and he had to HANG GLIDE through fucking hell actually made me scared for the fate of his daughter, even though I knew she'd be fine. God damn the show could have been so great.
>>
>>78820334
He's still done some small voice acting but he lacks fine motor control and uses a wheelchair.
>>
>>78820082
But I liked eliza.

:(
>>
>>78820082
Remember the time when she literally fucked up the ecosystem by helping every animal eat
>>
>>78820191
Same, I never bothered with this show but the handful of times I saw it she was the only tolerable character
>>
I like the one where she frees an elephant from a wild life sanctuary and the first thing it's mother says is "WTF are you doing outside of that place that kept the poachers away!?"
>>
File: timcurry.jpg (205KB, 634x958px) Image search: [Google]
timcurry.jpg
205KB, 634x958px
>>78820400
That hurts so much to read.
>>
>>78821287
He's had a grand life and takes comfort from his family, don't pity him too much.

We're the ones who have to go without his performances!
>>
>>78821314
Anon, I'm at the point where most of my favorite actors are 70-80 years old. I am frightened.
>>
>>78821287
Christ man I didn't needed to know what
>>
>>78820234
That episode where she almost threw and eco-system out of whack by giving a finch a needle.
>>
File: 1451601723051.jpg (124KB, 578x877px) Image search: [Google]
1451601723051.jpg
124KB, 578x877px
>>78821338
tfw when you've stayed on this planet long enough to see a good amount of your favorite actors die or suffer some aliment that makes it impossible for them to perform major roles.
>>
>>78821314

But anon, he has no family.
>>
Reminder that Eliza won the pop star guy that spent some time with them during the season where the entirety of the show was set in North America.
>>
File: 1449617082454.jpg (65KB, 606x972px) Image search: [Google]
1449617082454.jpg
65KB, 606x972px
>>78820248
>Except Steven is great
Fuck off /sug/
>>
>>78820082
But the focus of the show is animals, hence why she's the main character.
>>
File: wild-thornberrys-donnie.jpg (42KB, 300x399px) Image search: [Google]
wild-thornberrys-donnie.jpg
42KB, 300x399px
>>78820082
>implying Eliza was worst Thornberry

I hated him so much more.
>>
Why was Eliza so ugly? She looked like English blackface
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.