[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The first hour was pretty good. Anyone else wish it didn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

File: untitled.jpg (110KB, 720x1080px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.jpg
110KB, 720x1080px
The first hour was pretty good. Anyone else wish it didn't get fucked behind the scenes?
>>
Ones before it were literally better
>>
No, the first hour is still shit, it just looks good when compared to the second half.
>Still has the same teacher for some reason
>Presents his work at a damn science fair
>Things catchphrase is given dark implications
>Forced relationships
And so on.
>>
I thought it would be a good segue for a sequel to give us annihilous.
>>
>>78760401
Annihilus should've been in the first film in the first place.
>>
>>78756455
Sure.
>>78758813
From now on, every time the Thing says "It's clobbering time", he's hallucinating KO-ing brother Grimm
>>78760401
Given Doom's dead.
>>
>>78758813
His brother barely gave him a dope slap on the back of the head.
The fact that it wasn't done even well was even worse than the attempt.
>>
You know what would have made more sense for Reed? Maybe, I dont know, lie about what his invention was so he could actually attract investors and then reveal what it really was? Because you'd think he'd be smart enough to realize people arent going to buy the inter-dimensional transport sales pitch and look at you like youre crazy. But then again nothing in this film is well thought out so
>>
>>78760714
Reed was strictly science savy and not much else.
>>
>>78760821
Yeah and I still dont buy he was messing around with dimensions while in grade school. College sure, but they should of had him make HERBIE or something.
>>
>>78760893
>but they should of had him make HERBIE or something.

Funny thing is that they did initially want to put HERBIE in. There were some concept designs done.
>>
File: funnyfilename.png (677KB, 549x499px) Image search: [Google]
funnyfilename.png
677KB, 549x499px
>>78756455
Go to bed, Josh.
>>
>>78756455
Here's the funny thing.
After the controversy of Wolverine, Fox wanted to prove that it was author-friendly. They were gonna let Trank do whatever he wanted because they had faith in him due to Chronicle.
However, once they began hearing reports of Trank being hard to work with on set, and once they realized that the movie wasn't what they expected, THEN they began to meddle, but at that point there was nothing that could be done to salvage this piece of crap.
Ironically, if they had meddled from the begining and gotten rid of Trank sooner it might have ended up better.
>>
>>78756455
>The first hour was pretty good.
Look at Doctor Doom over here.
>>
>>78761104
It looks like they're meddling a lot more in X-Men now as a result too.
>>
The first hour is still shit. It's just every thing after that is even worse
>>
>>78761104
The guy had 1 movie under his belt, seems like their own fault really
>>
It's amazing to think Trank ruined what was one of the most promising directorial careers ever by being a little bitch on twitter.

Even with FF bombing if he had not started shit he would likely have got another film lined up pretty quickly. Now he has nothing.
>>
>>78761104
Wasn't Trank getting really into hard drugs during the filming of this?
>>
>>78760529
What?
>>
Does anyone else think that it Owen Reece, the Molecule Man, had taken Doom's place in the movie that it would have been better?
>>
>>78761240
He behaved terribly on set, he had uncontrollable substance abuse problems and he bit the hand that fees. Triptych of career death. On its own, any one of those (except possibly the last depending on how high it went) is salvageable.
>>
>>78761260
Ben picks it up from his older brother as a kid, who used to say "it's clobbering time" before hitting him upside the hea.
>>
>>78761168
welp, c'est la vie Deadpool
Clearly Fox shoved its dick down Ryan & Miller's mouth
T-T
>>
>>78756455
Even though people said it was shit I would have probably seen it if they hadn't turned a white character into a nigger. I do not give money to movies that do that.
>>
>>78760893
That's straight from the ultimate FF comic though
>>
>>78758813
>>Presents his work at a damn science fair
To be fair, that's from Ultimate FF.
>>
Why did the US government think that they spent millions and "you delivered us nothing"?
They proved that teleportation to another universe works, that's a HUGE breakthrough.
And as for practical aplications, we now have a way of safely disposing of toxic nuclear waste
>>
File: pap.jpg (267KB, 1153x1280px) Image search: [Google]
pap.jpg
267KB, 1153x1280px
>>78761384
I hate nignogs as much as the next guy, but as long as the actor is decent, fuck it he can be whatever color he wants. Hell, I love James Bond, and if Idris Elba played the next one I'd see that shit in a second. Elba's got chops.

The thing that gets to me is when the actor or director get all high and mighty saying "OH you don't like this traditionally white character who's now black? Racist, why you gotta hate black people, huh?"
Thankfully after Fantastic 3 & 3/5s and black Annie bombing and Fem Busters being pretty much DOA, I think the "changing characters for the sake of progressive-ness" craze is on its deathbed.
>>
>>78758813
This... So much of this.
Also the psudo-science they are showing with the shit explanation attached to it.
Stop acting like man of science for gods sake. Even peter parker is smarter than this punchable version of reed.
>>
>>78761409
the concept is the same but the execution and presentation is not an adaptation in the slightest. I dont really care.
>>
>>78760919
now im glad they didn't, fuck them.
>>
>>78762093
This is how I feel. Do it because it will make a better product, not for brownie points.
>>
>>78758813
Let's not forget the fact that they got their powers because they got drunk one night and decided to go to another dimension.

I mean holy shit, that's really it. They bitched that they were going to hire professional astronauts to go to this unexplored dimension instead of some barely 20 year old scientists, and then they got wasted and decided they'd go behind everyone's backs and go anyway.

These are our protagonists.
>>
>>78764961
>let me make up my own definition of an adaptation

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/08/06/13-ways-the-fantastic-four-movie-is-based-on-ultimate-fantastic-four-spoilers/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook
>>
>>78766561
nice shilling you parrot
>>
File: mr burns yes.jpg (23KB, 596x469px) Image search: [Google]
mr burns yes.jpg
23KB, 596x469px
>>78762093
>>78765823

agreed.
>>
>>78760919
Looks like somebody had a mole in SW production.
>>
>>78761284
The last one would really depend on how to recover from that, would Trank go on and do smaller projects and work his way back up again, or is he going to torpedo his chances like he did on Fantastic Four?

Even before he made that tweet denouncing Fantastic Four he wasn't likely to be working for Fox, Sony, or Disney any time soon.
>>
>>78762093
>I hate nignogs as much as the next guy
>It hurts my fweewings when people call me a racist
>>
The best part of the movie is from when they get drunk and use the teleporter, up to Reed escaping the military base.

Everything else was incredibly mediocre or bleh.
>>
>>78767251
It wouldn't surprise me, Trank was supposed to work on a Star Wars spinoff film (and Simon Kinberg who produced Fantastic Four, was the producer).
>>
>>78761104
Anon, this just wasn't the case. Fox started meddling months before filming began. And when I say 'meddling' I mean 'totally undermining Trank and his vision for the film - the vision that they'd previously enthusiastically approved'.

The cast for the film was announced in mid-February 2014. There was an immediate fan backlash against some of the casting choices - mainly Michael B Jordan but people also seemed very unhappy that the younger cast wasn't the version of the FF that they wanted to see. Within weeks - while Trank's version of the film was in preproduction - it was reported that Fox was quietly talking to other directors, asking if they would be prepared to step in at the last minute, ditch the existing script and make a more traditional FF movie. None of the directors Fox approached were interested - the revised filming deadline was very tight and they all seemed to feel it was a crappy way to treat Trank - so when word got out that Fox was looking to dump Trank, the studio denied the story. They didn't have anyone to take over, so they had to carry on with Trank's version or risk losing the FF rights. What they did instead was cut the film's budget by 20% a month before filming was due to start, meaning that Trank had to conduct an eleventh hour rewrite and cut a bunch of expensive action sequences. Trank knew before the first day of filming that the studio was against him and that he wasn't going to get to make the film that he'd signed on to direct, which was probably a major cause of his alleged poor behaviour on set (I say 'alleged' because I don't know how many of the 'Trank meltdown' stories were true and how many were just Fox sources getting a headstart in ensuring that Trank took the blame when the film inevitably bombed).
>>
>>78767361

Fox basically lost their faith in Trank's vision when the casting backlash occurred. When they couldn't get anyone to replace him quickly they decided to cut their losses and cut their expenditure as much as possible (while still putting out a film, which would prevent the FF property reverting to Marvel). Once they lost confidence in Trank they should have released him from his contract - the fact that they didn't and we got a shitty movie as a result is entirely Fox's fault.
>>
>>78767361
>the vision that they'd previously enthusiastically approved'.
I wonder what made them change their minds.
>>
>>78767309
I don't give a hot fuck if someone calls me racist, never said I did.

Nice reading comprehension, retard.
>>
>>78766833
a shit adaptation is still an adaptation
>>
>>78760599
the implication is the the brother has said it everytime he beats Ben
>>
>>78762093
>and Fem Busters being pretty much DOA
PLEASE don't be lying about this. I need this movie to suck and everybody to know it sucks
>>
>>78767741
Shut the fuck up faggot
>>
>>78774407
Dude, think about it, turning the characters into women turned away most of their potential audience and that fucking shameless children's hospital PR stunt turned away the rest. That movie lost its audience before the fucking poster was even revealed.

Maybe I'm wrong, who knows, but anyone with the slightest bit of common sense can see this movie was a baaaaaad idea.
>>
>>78756455
No I'm happy it tranked.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.