[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>5 Years Later and most fans still aren't over the New

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 282
Thread images: 18

File: 2_h4uml2utzcy9u2pbt34_1.jpg (22KB, 1000x647px) Image search: [Google]
2_h4uml2utzcy9u2pbt34_1.jpg
22KB, 1000x647px
>5 Years Later and most fans still aren't over the New 52

Will DC ever recover its fanbase? How long did it take for people to accept Post-Crisis DC? I mean yeah it's not helping that a lot of people are just out it for DC (And it doesn't help that DC Higher-Ups are just incompetent in general, it's a miracle that Pakistanian thing didn't blow up since no one reads Superman/Wonder Woman)
>>
>>78696835
Will you ever not be a fucking faggot?
>>
>>78697094
Well, I browse /co/ so probably not
>>
there's no recovering the previous fan base, no. i'm one of them. i can only speak for myself when i say i've moved on from DC. not that i was much of a reader besides Morrison's Batman and a couple of other books depending on the writer or artist. i was already moving on from big two comics in general around that time. when the reboot happened, it was enough for me to quit DC apart from Morrison's work. the reboot seemed unnecessary and actually somewhat incompetent, which is how i view the big two today.

the problem with comics is that their fan base grows up, find new interests, etc. when they return/relapse (hehe) to check out what they've missed, they see a bunch of what they liked about characters they were fond of now eliminated or retconned.

new readers are difficult to come by because comics are not really cost-effective per entertainment value when compared to video games, movies, sports, etc. comics are a niche market which blew up in the 90's and has settled down now. the bit two seem to be only interested in getting back to those numbers, to the detriment of old the fan base.

kinda longwinded and incoherent, but i hope you get my drift.
>>
>>78696835
>Will DC ever recover its fanbase?
It didn't really lose it, so no
>>
>>78696835
>DC losing nostalgiafags who can't accept that times change and experiements need to happen to determine what's profitable
>bad
>>
>>78696835
>a miracle that Pakistanian thing didn't blow up since no one reads Superman/Wonder Woman

Huh?
>>
>>78697372
SM/WW had an editor note that says *translated from Pakistanian* some Pakistani guy from twitter called it out saying that's not a real language. Not any major comic book sites have published any story yet from what I've seen but the Outhousers has.
>>
>>78697142
tl;dr
>>
I regularly bought Post!Crisis and I gave new52 a try in the first year was left unhappy with the direction of a lot of characters. So I stopped.

I just don't care about DC comics anymore and I'll just stick to their adaptations.
>>
>>78697439
>but the Outhousers has

Well, it's their living mission to shit on DC so it doesn't really surprise me.
>>
>>78697504
>i read some bad DC comics so i dropped all DC comics

You're the worst kind of person.
>>
>>78697439
>Pakistanian
Top kek. Who's the retarded editor?
>>
>>78697439
And this is Bad how ? are people offended by shit like this ?
>>
>>78697475
As expected of comic book readers.
>>
>>78697559
Berganza is Editor for the Superman books so probably him, remind me why this guy still isn't fired yet?

>>78697578
It's bad because it shows how the editors for this book can't be arsed to do a single google search about what language Pakistani people use. and yes, that too.
>>
>>78697578
T be fair this is more offensive than the usual shit people complain about
>>
>>78697675
>remind me why this guy still isn't fired yet?
Rumour is he knows where the bodies are buried
>>
>>78697439
>*translated from Pakistanian
heh
>>
>>78697578
I'm offended by how damn stupid it is.

Pakistanian, really? Did these people even go to college?
>>
>>78697851
Things would be different if we had more Jim Shooters.
>>
>>78697851
probably not, I mean Slott got his job by faking an internship
>>
>>78697555
So you're saying that after DC failed to hook them into their new universe after giving them a year to do so they should still be reading DC? Even though they didn't like the comics they read?
>>
>>78697923
I guess but I dunno, nothing wrong with looking around after a few years or so (And creator fagging), that's how I got into Marvel again.
>>
>>78697675
>Berganza is Editor for the Superman books so probably him, remind me why this guy still isn't fired yet?

Berganza is the editor that oversees the Superman book so the issue to issue shit isn't usually up to him. Superman/Wonder Woman was overseen by Rickey Purdin, an ex-wizard employee working under Berganza and Purdin is essentially a shit editor who has edited a load of bad books since the Nu52 including Firestorm, BoP and World's End. I think DC dumped his ass and he moved to the House of Ideas :D
>>
>>78697851
No. He worked for Wizard most of his career iirc. They are all idiots there according to someone who knows more about the 90s Wizard era.
>>
>>78697439
It's about to blow up soon.

>>78697885
For real.

Man may have been a dick but the delays that's going on right now on certain books? No way in hell that would've happened.

>>78697578
It literally takes ten seconds to google national language of Pakistan. For fucks sake you don't even need to click wikipedia, it's right on the right.
>>
File: 1348274940748.jpg (330KB, 1018x718px) Image search: [Google]
1348274940748.jpg
330KB, 1018x718px
>>78698018
>Firestorm

Talk about wasted opportunity. Had such a great concept and a chance to make him relevant again but instead we got Gail "Why don't we have black friends" Simone to start it off.
>>
>>78696835

Marvel shill
>>
>>78697439
How many people actually picked up on that on their own, let alone were offended by it? I would guess only very few. It's dumb but entirely in line with the shoddy editing that is the norm in the big two.
>>
>>78698132
I Highly doubt that this will blow up, especially over something so small
>>
File: image.jpg (188KB, 528x438px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
188KB, 528x438px
The Pakistanian thing just popped up on G Willow Wilson's twitter.
>>
>>78697654
???
>>
>>78698245
I think you underestimate just how much people love to shit on DC.
>>
>>78698257
Why is Willow joining in? She still has a lot of friends in DC/Vertigo and hates company wars.
>>
>>78698363
She was a Journalist on the middle west and shit
>>
File: unit-share-5e9e8.png (59KB, 800x463px) Image search: [Google]
unit-share-5e9e8.png
59KB, 800x463px
>>78698245
>>78698132

I don't think it'll blow up because of Scandal Exhaustion. Basically DC has done so many stupid things in such a short amount of time that people no longer care.

Not to mention the actual population that cares about DC comics has never been lower than it has right now. You might as well find a scandal regarding the writing of a Dark Horse comic for what people care.
>>
When it comes to consumers, perception is very often reality, and right now DC reeks of failure in the eyes of many (most?) comic readers. New 52 fell flat within months of its launch, largely due to how poorly-planned it was and the incompetence of editorial in general. Even if DC could somehow right the shit one day, it could take years for DC to win the readers' trust back.

Between New 52 and All-New Marvel Now, I'm quickly becoming aware of just how bad an idea a linewide relaunch is. It never really works out. The difference being that Marvel didn't burn their bridge before they crossed it. They still have a past to return to, unlike DC who perma-fucked themselves by erasing their first 70 years of publishing history.
>>
>>78698149
Simone was like the second choice. The editors had basically dumped John's personal choice: Brian Clevinger who had turned in an interesting pitch:

http://firestormfan.com/2011/09/01/brian-clevingers-firestorm/
>>
>>78698363
people probably tweeted her about it, since Kamala makes her the resident comics related expert in such matters
>>
>>78698398
>their first 70 years of publishing history
You know that there was a Reboot before that right ? crisis ? zero hour ? there was always reboots and people complaining for no reason
>>
>>78698363
She just found the Kamala related memes cute.

>I don't usually contribute to sectarian strife in comicdom, but this is pretty funny:
>>
>>78698394
That Star wars out of this and the Market share would be almost the same
>>
>>78698410
>I think this is a perspective I can use to make Ronnie and Jason more than an asshole jock and a nebbishy dork who bicker at each other.

Reading this is just making me mad because this is exactly what every writer did on Firestorm. This could've been great.
>>
>DC has well-written books starring women/minorities
>comic sites ignore them in favor of the latest Marvel progressive trash
>DC makes some minor mistakes
>everyone on the internet can't stop writing about how sexist/racist/misgynistic they are
The Pakistanian thing is dumb, but I'm really damn tired of people shitting on DC and never aknowledging the good books they have. Because it's groundbreaking only when Marvel does it, apparently.
>>
>>78698271
He's referring to the fact that you are too lazy to actually read the post.

One of the biggest problems with the consumers of comics these days. From Tumblr (just reposting, or reblogging or whatever the fuck they do on there, a bunch of random pictures out of context from a book and either trashing or praising a book just based on that), to just regular consumers who just cannot read a book without captions (the kind that enjoy Scott Lobdell books at DC and completely ignore books like Grayson), etc.

It's very common these days to just react to someone else's reactions or just read a summary of something else, a lot more common than those that actual read the full source material with the full intention of trying to understand and enjoy it.

That's what that anon meant.

TL;DR He tried to call you out by comparing you to like half of the "consumers" of comics.
>>
>>78698363
1) A lot of people don't like Superman editorial and blame it for basically everything wrong with the character (and Wonder Woman too since they handle her book).

2) She is more in with SJW guys like Doyle
>>
File: 2011_Sales_chart.jpg (21KB, 600x463px) Image search: [Google]
2011_Sales_chart.jpg
21KB, 600x463px
>>78698485

Not really. This has been a trend since before Disney acquired Marvel, and then acquired Star Wars.
>>
>>78698490

Well, Midnighter got into a lot of Top Comics of 2015 Lists, and so did Prez and "ugh" Batgirl.

Just face it anon, between gay batman and marvel stuff. People are more liable to give page views for the latter
>>
>>78698490
That's pretty much DC's poor marketing team.

I like DC but their marketing team is atrocious and doesn't do anything to correct these misconceptions that people have.
>>
>>78698536
>May 2011

Fear Itself was in full swing during that time I think. Look at the yearly share and you'll see Marvel and DC were nearly the same.
>>
>>78698490
I am, senpai. At this point, I'm just hoping DC won't just give up and end books that I want more out of. Grayson is my favourite book, as of now, and I just don't want it to end prematurely. But knowing the number of people that just enjoy shitting on DC, as well as that small group of crazy "fans" that hate Grayson, I just can't ever come to care what other people think about comics anymore.
>>
>>78698574
This isn't just marketing. DC is just bad period at promoting and messaging starting from their non-existent marketing arm to their social media to editorial. It's like no one knows how to hype and sell the product.
>>
>>78698564
Unrelated, but I never really got the whole "gay Batman" thing. He's literally nothing like Batman, the only thing they have in common is similar costumes.
>>
>>78697923
It's dumb to assume a company will never publish stuff you like again.

Comics publishers always go in and out of periods of terrible creative and editorial decisions.
>>
>>78698473
I really wish that certain Marvel writers had this train of thought.

>>78698574
This.

They have the power of WB behind them and they've even done commercials for comics but they need to get that late night show/talk show audience too man.

People shit on the Thor announcement on the View but I know a lot of people who were interested in buying the book.
>>
>>78698583
Now you are changing the goal posts. The OP was claiming that Marvel was using SW as a crutch to beat DC. And the other poster posted the pre-2014 charts clearly show they didn't have to rely on SW. They used crossovers and other gimmicks instead .

And all the charts clearly show SW or no SW, the market clearly favors Marvel for some ludicrous reason.
>>
>>78698631
He's a blatant pastiche of Batman created by Warren Ellis so he could have Middy fuck his Superman pastiche, Apollo.
>>
>>78696835
>Pakistanian thing
Huh?
>>
>>78698666
>>78698615
I want to believe that the stillbirth of DCYOU is finally getting them to re-evaluate how they promote their stuff.
>>
>>78698018
Isn't he more like a producer? So he's responsible for shitty creative teams, and ill-advised story directions
>>
>>78698726
which is a shame since majority of DCYou has been pretty good (With only shit like Venditti, Finch, and Lobdell weighing it down)
>>
>>78697923
I'm saying you should follow good creative teams and titles instead of judging the entire new 52 by the shaky first year.

You also could've just dropped the bad titles, there were plenty of good comics to choose from.
>>
>>78698666
I think they put Grant Morrison on TV to promote something. The trouble is, Marvel goes on TV shouting "we made Thor into a woman!!!" and DC doesn't really do gimmicks like that. If they had done Superman depowered in such fashion, I swear to God the news cycle woukd spin it as DC being unamerican by shitting on Superman by robbing him of his powers.
>>
>>78698759
Oh I definitely agree. We got a lot of great books nobody reads out of it.
If they'd promoted it well (or even at all, really) it could have been great for the company and their image.
>>
>>78698745
believe it or not the Superman Creative Teams has been pretty solid. I mean FFS they got Gene Luan Yang who's a really huge Superman fan and really knows how to speak to the new generation of readers but for some reason his run.... oh god it just fucked up. I mean it's not bad, but expecting Yang I was hoping to be blown away or something but all I got was John Cena Superman and Asian Deities wrestling
>>
>>78698696
I mean, I get that he was created as a Batman pastiche, but I don't get people who say he's "just gay Batman". Their personalities and approach to crime couldn't be any more different.

But I guess people saying that don't read comics anyway.
>>
>>78698680
I'm not moving the goalposts, you're just posting retarded info. The yearly dollar share for 2011 was Marvel at 37.29% and DC at 31.41% with the unit share Marvel at 40.93% and DC at 36.77%. Cherry picking a month doesn't change the fact that they sold almost the same amount in the year otherwise you could just pick September of 2011 and say that DC is better.

The huge difference doesn't happen until Star Wars comes out in 2015 where Marvel jumps up a good 8-10% over DC.
>>
>>78698490
>>DC has well-written books starring women/minorities
Name five currently ongoing
>>
>>78698490
The problem is that they didn't go on talk shows to advertise this stuff. Instead they threw a few ads in a few books with "hashtag this!"
>>
>>78698726
The West Coast move/Convergence fucked them over but DCYOU would've been a perfect thing to promote the fuck out of. Commericals, a mention from Seth Meyers, MTV/Rolling Stone interviews, fuck something man. It's frustrating to see DC continually miss the mark so much.
>>
>>78698783
>I swear to God the news cycle woukd spin it as DC being unamerican by shitting on Superman by robbing him of his powers.

Didn't something like that happened when Superman renounced his American citizenship or something like that?. I remember that that news even reached place like my country
>>
>>78698583
Fear Itself was an event. When does Marvel NOT have an event going on?
>>
>>78698615
This. Telling people story > continuity turned off a lot of their core readers. If they never said it people wouldn't care so much. Just hand wave continuity errors as taking place at different times. That's exactly what Marvel is doing but no one gives them shit for it because tey don't go around parading that shit
>>
>>78698817
They actually did have commercials for DC You. They also promoted the shit out of it on Youtube and the free previews on their website. People just didn't want none of it.
>>
>>78698363
Because it's a micro-agression against poor Pakistani.
>>
>>78698707
READ
THE
THREAD
>>
>>78698801
Prez, Midnighther, Omega man, doctor fate, Black canary
>>
File: 1426595262972.jpg (488KB, 1280x2014px) Image search: [Google]
1426595262972.jpg
488KB, 1280x2014px
>>78696835
Why doesn't Batgirl just take place in the past? Why did they have to fuck up Oracle like that?

I will never get over this.
>>
>>78697151
At least the fanbase are faggots that started reading DC after Rebirth you are wrong. The ate 80's and 90's fanbases is pretty much gone
>>
People are are butthurt about the New 52 by and large are dumbasses that didn't read it or they read one title they didn't like and dropped it. New 52 gave us an insanely good line up by and large from the start.
>>
>>78698801
Midnighter
Gotham Academy
Cyborg
DC Bombshells
Dr Fate

There's more if you count Prez and Constantine (Who's Bi)

and for some reason, casuals really like Black Canary and Batgirl
>>
>>78698796
Yeah the talent on the Superman books is certainly great (Yang, Pak, Tomasi), but the editorial direction is fucking everything over. Greg Pak wrote great Action Comics stories outside of crossovers, and Tomasi has written a much better Superman and Wonder Woman in everything outside of the actual Superman/WW book
>>
>>78698745
>So he's responsible for shitty creative teams, and ill-advised story directions

In movie terms he is the producer. But the thing is the creative teams like Yang/Porter/Pak/Kuder aren't the problem. The problem is the producers/production assistants coming in telling the directors what to do to the point they have hamstrung the writers (barring a-listers like johns/snyder/lee).
>>
>>78698797
it's a fairly accurate generalization.
>>
>>78698800
>8-10%

I kinda lowballed it there but looking at more recent months it's more like 15-20% which just proves the point more.
>>
>>78698870
does Martian Manhunter also count? There's also
We Are Robin.
>>
>>78698490
And we had a asian batgirl, an asian robin, a mexican blue beatle, a hispanic green lantern and a lesbian batwoman, a superteam of women, fucking gotham sirens etc years ago. No one cares.
>>
>>78698801
Midnighter, Catwoman, Bombshells, Constantine, Gotham Academy
>inb4 hurr they're actually bad

Sure as shit better than whatever progressive books Marvel puts out, like Hellcat or Squirrel Girl.
>>
>>78698820
That was literally a backup story amongst a whole bunch of backup stories. So no that was people trying to have a dig at DC Comics.
>>
>>78698801
Women:
Prez
Gotham Academy
DC Bombshells
The Legend of Wonder Woman
Black Canary

Minorities:
Cyborg
Robin Son of Batman
We Are Robin
Gotham Academy
Dr Fate

LGBTQ:
Midnighter
Constantine
Secret Six
Bombshells
>>
>>78698490
I sure hope you're not Talking about Harley Quinn. It's ass eight times out of 10.
>>
>>78698858
>Omega man
>Kyle Rayner is a minority
Love this meme
>>
>>78698903
Their trades are selling well though, Cass trades are just coming out tho
>>
>>78698410
>We almost had Brian Clevinger writing Firestorm

Out of all the shitty things that happened today, this somehow makes me the angriest.
>>
>>78698846
They relied on word-of-mouth way too much.
>>
>>78698870
I said well written. Which immediately discounts Cyborg DC Bombshels and Constantine.
>>
>>78698801
>>78698858
I'll even name 5 more for this fucking retard

Batgirl
Gotham Academy
Earth 2
Titan Hunt
Poison Ivy
>>
>>78698932
He's an Irish Mexican, you don't see those too often. It's weird how King is playing his religion up so much though.
>>
>>78698846
There was one Youtube video with cringey taglines, and a bunch of plot synopses. The only people who watched that video were the ones who were reading DC anyway.
>>
>>78698939
did any of the Web Comics legends ever go professional? Whatever happened to the guy who made Kid Radd?
>>
>>78698958
Those three are good though.
>>
>>78698960
Three of those are bad and one of those hasn't even come out yet.
>>
>liking bombshells
What is wrong with you /co/?
>>
>>78698905
>>78698902
>>78698870
Almost all done under a small number of the same dc editors so there is some truth to the fact that it's much more stifling creatively than at Marvel.
>>
>>78698859
Sucks about the new run/design being such a hit.
It'll be YEARS until she gets interesting again.
>>
>>78698905
>Catwoman
>good
Not anymore
>>
>>78698960
but anon, 3 of those are shit, with 1 being mediocre and 1 being SPOOKY
>>
>>78698801
B T F O
T
F
O
>>
>>78698958
>discounts Cyborg DC Bombshels and Constantine
Constantine has great art and the story is fun though, Bombshells is good book that doesent take itself seriously and the only problem with cyborg is the art
>>
>>78698989
I thought it was an okay first issue
>>
Thanks for reminding me that /co/ will lap up any mediocre tripe. Glad I don't come here much anymore.
>>
>>78698961
King likes to explore that issue in Green Lanterns. See Darkseid War Green Lantern also written by Tom King.
>>
>>78698961
Religion is a major theme in Omega Men, though. King's taking the stance that relgion as an institution is bad, but religion to find personal inner strength is good.
>>
>>78698966
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j6IdtUmWU0
I like the music though.
>>
>>78698972

Clevinger, Hastings and Ryan North are probably the most famous to go professional, but I feel bad about putting North up there with the other two because goddamn Squirrel Girl is mediocre dreck.
>>
>>78698989
Is this written by Frank Tieri? Why did they fire Valentine from the book?
>>
>>78698958
Hey look, someone's moving the goalposts
>>
>>78699022
Yea, I read and loved it but Kyle has never really been the religious type. Hell, how he got his grandmothers cross is beyond me when he barely knows his father who gave him the fake last name of Rayner, let alone that side of the family.
>>
>>78698989
>best Catwoman run in like a decade
>takes character in new direction
>by a fresh creator just dipping her toes into the comics world
>great art
>abruptly replace it all with bullshit
Tieri? Seriously?

What the fuck, DC?
>>
>>78698783
>The trouble is, Marvel goes on TV shouting "we made Thor into a woman!!!" and DC doesn't really do gimmicks like that.
/co/ is going to hate this, but DC really should consider doing that. I'll always give props to the DC writer who said something along the lines of Marvel's promotion of a more diverse line up is cool but we don't need to do that: we just write the books, but their sales say otherwise.

Another anon above mentioned Prez and Midnighter getting into a lot of end of the year Top 10 books which is great, but Prez and Midnighter are the exact book that should've gotten articles like 'DC has first openly gay man headlining his own book.' or 'DC's new biting political comic features a teenage girl as the protagonist'. Even Cyborg could've been used to promote the book to drum up interest the movie if it's still happening. DC has the books to reach out to new audiences but they don't promote them well enough. Just doing hashtags and interviews on CBR isn't going to work.

>If they had done Superman depowered in such fashion, I swear to God the news cycle woukd spin it as DC being unamerican by shitting on Superman by robbing him of his powers.

Like what happened when Cap was shot? an event that got the CNN talking about it? Controversial news is still news look at Sam Wilson going after the sons of the serpent when they were on border control. Fox News got pissy about it, Nick Spencer called them out on it, and people talked about the issue. That Superman police brutality arc? The Batman issue about police brutality, systematic racism, and gentrification? Should've gotten more attention especially the Batman one.

Sorry for any grammatical errors, I wrote this one in a rush.
>>
>>78699019
It's not as bad as it was pre-Valentine. It was just cookie-cutter.
>>
>>78699056
>restating what was originally said
>moving the goalposts
>>
>>78699052
holy shit how did you know? And yeah, I guess that frees her up to do something else after B&REternal ends
>>
>>78699084
Probably a fill-in writer until they cancel and relaunch the book in five issues.

And why Tieri seriously? All he turns in is shit. Has he written anything good for DC? I know he has fans at Marvel.
>>
>>78699087
>DC really should consider doing that

No, all it'll do is get rid of the good faith they've built up with fans who respect what they're doing and give people who don't like DC more ammunition.

It's not worth the quick buck.
>>
>>78699104
It has some of his dialogue tics.
>>
>>78698985
>stifling creatively
Seriously ? we had political satire with a teenager and space terrorist being the good guys, i don't remember marvel stuff like this
>>
>>78698801
Kek BTFO what a fucking idiot
>>
File: lol_GasGang.jpg (75KB, 474x300px) Image search: [Google]
lol_GasGang.jpg
75KB, 474x300px
>>78699142
> all it'll do is get rid of the good faith they've built up with fans who respect what they're doing
>It's not worth the quick buck

Good one, anon!
>>
>>78699103
"dur hur hur i say these books are bad so just i can win my point"
>>
>>78699205
They're no better than most of the stuff Marvel puts out.
>>
You know how the most shared Harley moments is from Injustice?. Is either the Lobo thing or the Doctor Fate thing. And I can't believe how DC hasn't capitalize that in putting Taylor in the Harley book. I mean, is not secret the most feminist and whatnot see Harley as a rolemodel (crazy I know) and Taylor is the perfect writer to give them what they want, its a win.win situation
>>
To be honest, I'm one of those losers who got into DC because of Batman TAS and Justice League.

I mostly pay attention to their comics and the occasional game.
>>
>>78698932
Space terrorists are a minority anon
>>
>>78696835
>forgiving nu52
>ever
>>
>>78699227
I accidentally a word. Meant cartoons.
>>
>>78699176
>MONEYZ ALL DAY MATURS

and this is why Marvel's fan base is handicapped retards that don't deserve quality.
>>
>>78699221
Because the Harley book right now is already selling gangbusters for a B-listers by DCs standards.
>>
>>78699142
Obviously sales, market share, and public opinion says other wise.
>>
>>78699167
All of these books you are talking about were done under a small number of editors (many of them are recent hire). Likewise lot of the crap are done by the wide majority who don't give a fuck and who approve shit like "Pakistanian"
>>
File: 1445401443845.jpg (39KB, 316x343px) Image search: [Google]
1445401443845.jpg
39KB, 316x343px
>>78699218
Good one.

The only good books Marvel has right now are Vision, Hercules and Squadron Supreme. Literally everything that's considered progressive by comic blogs is trash. Fucking show me a book DC is releasing right now that's worse than Squirrel Girl.
>>
>>78699221
they don't need to, Palmiotti and Gray already sell enough that Harley has had several spin off specials, a miniseries and now another ongoing book
>>
>>78699261
Not in continuity, again, something that didnt need the new52

>>78699247
Not a single good new52 book needed the reboot,, that's the fucking problem, we lost an entire rich universe for nothing. Every good stuff could had been made in the old universe.
>>
>>78699316
I think you misread what I put. The reason Taylor isn't on Harley is because the book is already selling gangbusters. There is no point in trying to fuck that up.
>>
>>78699261
Yeah, but I don't see it being praised or having most shared moments, which could be used as a good marketing tool. In my long and painful time that I was in Tumblr I didn't even see a Harley panel and/or page from the N52 that wasn't shit on, but I did see Injustice panel and/or pages being praised. My point is that Taylor is the perfect man to bring a good moment to DC, I hope he doesn't screw up with Green Lanterns and Batman/Superman
>>
>>78699307
Most books are mediocre trash. DC isn't producing much good stuff currently either. Mostly middling books. But I know /co/ loves that shit.
>>
>>78699307
Teen Titans
>>
>>78699087
>/co/ is going to hate this, but DC really should consider doing that.
DC is retarded. Marvels play book is wide open, and yet they can't copy any of the strats? Also there was a panel once where someone asked them about female books and their reply was something like "we have them, we aren't like marvel though since we don't go on the view, go find them yourself." And here they are now, getting shit on for their low sales on a Burmese rice aficionado forum.
>>
>>78698938
That's the point, me and several older fans now just buy trades, morrison stuff and other books that are not really tied to the reboot.

>>78698960
he said good.
>>
>>78699372
>books that are not really tied to the reboot
Such as?
>>
>>78699080
It could have been his grandma on his mother's side, it's not like there's no Irish Catholics
>>
>>78699345
I sincerely doubt that Taylor would bring in more readers than Gray/Palmiotti already have and it's a huge risk to do so. Just because someone has shares doesn't mean they are going to read it. If the book starts dropping in sales then I'd be all for it, but at this point it's not worth it.
>>
>>78699372
Good is subjective also here ya go >>78698929
Pick and choose faggot.
>>
>>78699395
I'm guessing digital first stuff
>>
>>78699429
>Good is subjective
When you've read enough you'll understand the difference between good, bad, and mediocre books. That's assuming you have a brain that can think critically.
>>
>>78699462
No rebuttal to the dozen of books listed huh?
>>
>>78699508
>go through every books I've listed and criticize them
No.
>>
>>78699508
Not him, but honestly I'd only consider Prez and Midnighter to be good from the list. Rest are pretty mediocre.

Of course, you're right that good is subjective and this is just my opinion.
>>
>>78696835
What I want to know is why doesn't anyone talk about the good books. I just started reading Nu52 Animal Man and holy shit it's good. Yet I've never heard anyone talk about it on /co/

Is this more proof that /co/ doesn't read comics?
>>
>>78699508
"derp they're all objectively bad!"
>>
>>78699508

>>78698929
Not him but

>Prez

No need of a reboot

>Gotham Academy

No need of a reboot

>DC Bombshells

Same

>The Legend of Wonder Woman

Bad

>Black Canary

Bad

>Minorities:

>Cyborg

everyone was hyped, ended up being boring

>Robin Son of Batman

Fun book, not need of a reboot

>We Are Robin

Shit

>Dr Fate

havnt read it

>LGBTQ:

>Midnighter

Good, no reboot needed

>Constantine

No reboot need it, decent

>Secret Six

Not muh secret six, bad.
>>
>>78699581
It's proof of the Hellboy rule.
>>
>>78699365
That image is really frustrating to look at. They have the characters, writers, and artists, but no one fucking knows about them.

>>78699462
So despite people giving you examples you're going to do the whole 'I-It doesn't count because I don't like them!' thing aren't you?
>>
>>78699508
Most of them are bad. And barely any of them couldnt had been made before new52
>>
>>78699626
What rule is this?
>>
>>78699264
Im sure they make plenty of money in trades and digital sales, especially with books like Multiversity that will keep making money for them for years to come.

>public opinion

[citation needed]
>>
>>78699723
No one talks about good comics. Only bad ones.
>>
>>78698929
>>78699508
>Prez
Decent

>Gotham Academy
It's alright, mostly middling.

>DC Bombshells
Shit

>The Legend of Wonder Woman
Didn't realise this was digital first will have to check it out.

>Black Canary
Bad to meh

>Cyborg
Boring

>Robin Son of Batman
>actually counting Damian as a minority
>We Are Robin
Terrible

>Dr Fate
Decent

>Midnighter
Decent

>Constantine
Can't stand supernatural stories so can't fairly judge it.

>Secret Six
Bad.
>>
>>78698863
>Late 80's and 90's fanbases is pretty much gone

Yeah, because all those people were either kids who have now grown up and have work and families, and therefore don't buy eight books a month, or they were adult hobbyists who are now in rest homes. Of course they no longer have that fanbase you idiot. That's fucking ancient history.
>>
>>78699631
>>So despite people giving you examples you're going to do the whole 'I-It doesn't count because I don't like them!' thing aren't you?
You mean the exact same thing you do with Marvel books?
>>
>>78699346
>DC isn't producing much good stuff currently either.
You fucking wot?
>American Alien
>Batman
>Batman and Robin Eternal
>Gotham Academy
>Grayson
>Justice League
>Justice League 3001
>Lois and Clark
>Martian Manhunter
>Midnighter
>Omega Men
>Prez
>Secret Six
>Sinestro
DC are fucking wiping the floor with Marvel actual quality wise.
>>
>>78699581
>>78699626
It ended almost 3 years ago. Of course no one is going to make threads about it all the time when it's not even ongoing anymore. When it was coming out it was talked about all the time along with Swamp Thing.
>>
>>78699821
Stopped reading there.
>>
huh, I though people liked the new Secret Six judging from the storytimes held here.
>>
>>78699807
lmao what?

I like Marvel's books. I like DC's books, but you (if you're not that anon then I apologize) asked people to name 5 books featuring leads of color/women/lgbt that DC was publishing right now and people did. Now their books don't count because. to you, they're not good.

I know people who enjoy Ms.Marvel, I know some people who don't.

I know people who like Prez, I know people who don't

They're still books featuring non-white non-male leads and even though people might have different opinions about them, doens't mean that people can't recommend them.

Nice de-railing with the Marvel thing though.

>>78699739
Okay public opinion may be wrong word choice but you really mean to tell me that you hear more positive things about DC and their books than negative things?
>>
>>78699891
Not when they're trying to push their narrative
>>
>>78699917
>>Nice de-railing with the Marvel thing though.
Complaining about Marvel was literally the entire point of the original post. And my point is exactly that DC isn't producing much worth considerig "good" in comparison to the stuff Marvel is putting out. Which you at least seem to get
>>
>>78696835
I can't speak for other people, but for me my problem is that I like the continuity/shared history aspect of Big Two comics, and the New 52 snapped all that. I don't think they need to refer to continuity every two seconds but I like to know what the history of the character is. With the New 52 I felt like I really didn't know who these people were.

I think the comics media is hilariously biased in favor of Marvel but I don't know how much impact they have on sales at all. But that's not my problem, my problem is just that this Superman doesn't feel like the same guy.
>>
>>78699917
>you really mean to tell me that you hear more positive things about DC and their books than negative things?

Depends where you look, in comic stores I frequent it's divided, on /co/ I see praise for good comics either company is putting out (DC happens to have more) and on shitty comic news sites it's biased towards Marvel.
>>
>>78700060
>in comparison to the stuff Marvel is putting out
Like what ? Squadron Supreme and vison ? Because thats pretty much it
>>
>>78700060
Kek you couldn't be more wrong dude. Find me one real comic fan that reads both companies that claims Marvel is putting out more quality books.

Protip you can't.
>>
File: image.png (563KB, 420x586px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
563KB, 420x586px
>>78700060
>>
>>78700179
Zryson from the Outhousers seems to be really keen about this
>>
>>78699830
Well, I didn't know when it ended but I assume it had. Get a good ending at least?

My point is, everyone shits at Nu52 launches but doesn't mention the good ones.
>>
>>78700179
>Find me one real comic fan

What is the criteria you're using to judge "real comic fans" because I have a sneaking suspicion it's "people who only agree with my opinions"
>>
File: haram.png (312KB, 348x482px) Image search: [Google]
haram.png
312KB, 348x482px
Idk why people are complaining current justice league is GOAT
>>
>>78700244
Literally who

>>78700322
Someone who reads books from both companies based on interest and quality and not blind loyalty like yourself.

Also that has been reading comics for more than 4 years.
>>
>>78699580
Legend of Wonder Woman and Gotham Academy are also pretty good
>>
>>78699625
Are you retarded? No-one was talking about whether the reboot was needed, he was just proving that DC has good books with minority/female leads.
>>
>>78698410
Johns personal choice was to integrate cuborg in the league and get rid of MM, he can go fuck himself, he is a bitch to the editors.
>>
>>78700611
>No-one was talking about whether the reboot was needed,
That's the point of the thread, and most of those books were bad.
>>
>>78700244
But that's the Outhousers though.
Marvel can never do wrong whereas DC is literally Satan.
>>
These threads always seem to have two kinds of posters:

a.) People who recognize that DC has good comics but their marketing is fucked so people who would enjoy these books don't know they exist.

b.) Faggots who believe DC does no wrong and "the media" is out to get them.
>>
>>78701267
Also oldfags who think that new 52 killed dc forever, and marvel shitposters.
>>
DC is literally being held affloat by Bats and JLA.

Everything else they released in the last 6-7 years was a horrible piece of shit which should mostly be avoided at any cost.

Marvel is a clusterfuck currently and cashin in on the MCU bullshit.

IDW is ok-ish. Dark Horse is pretty much IDW with more grimdark shit added.

Image has pretty decent stuff but nothing too good to make the sales matter.

Comics seem to serve a beta phase for movie franchises now. We lose, no matter how /co/
>>
>>78701473
>What is Animal Man
>What is Swamp Thing
>What is Grayson
>What is Aquaman
>>
>>78701473
JL is shit. And Johns needs to step aside and stop working in continuity. He needs to quit and do minis only, his work on tv, games and movies is not compatible with a fucking flagtitle.
>>
>>78701473
>Everything else
>implying Batman isn't a horible piece of shit
>implying there aren't at least as many good comics from the New 52 as there are from IDW
goddamn indiefags
>>
>>78701595
>>What is Animal Man
>>What is Swamp Thing
>>What is Grayson
>>What is Aquaman

They don't sell shit.
>>
>>78701595
All are huge piles of uninteresting shit.
>>
>>78701779
Get this hothead redditor out of here.
>>
>>78701723
Sure, but you said everything except Bats and JLA is a piece of shit.

Sales don't equal quality. Plenty of DC books staring B-listers and C-listers were/are good post Nu52. It's a shame they didn't and don't sell.
>>
>>78701779
Now this is shitposting!
>>
>>78701872
All sales of floppies really mean is the consumer is retarded. The company with the largest sales simply means they have the most retards buying their comics.
>>
>>78699821

What the fuck man, that shitpile isn't even average let alone good
>>
>>78701872
>Plenty of DC books staring B-listers and C-listers were/are good post Nu52.
That was the norm pre new 52 too
>>
>>78696835
DC still has its fanbase

People stupid enough to keep buying DC comics.
>>
>>78701872
I didnt said that.
>>
>>78701723
you were talking about what is good and what isn't. He pointed out what you apparently didn't read
>>
>>78701999
:^)
>>
>>78701999
Isn't that true for any publisher though?
>>
File: 1316655530191.jpg (5KB, 207x160px) Image search: [Google]
1316655530191.jpg
5KB, 207x160px
>>78696835

Has it really been five years?

Because it feels like a fucking hundred.
>>
>>78702108
Yeah, just look at how the X-Men books are selling no matter how poor quality and low effort they are
>>
>>78701999
Well said my fellow Marvel believer!. EXCELSIOR!
>>
>>78702095
Are you samefagging? I never said that, that was another guy.
>>
ITT: DC fans in denial and with salt in their veins.
>>
Status quo fags are the cancer killing cape comics.

Change is not bad, my fellow old people.
>>
>>78702233
Fuck capes. We need some good pulp.
>>
>>78702233

Actually, change of any kind is inherently bad because unstability and chaos are bad while safety and familiarity are good. Change needs to be an improvement to outweigh the inherent bad of it.
>>
>>78696835
As a new comic fan. I liked the new 52, I saw Flash on TV and new 52 was a wonderful jump in point.

I'm now up to date on Flash, JL and Aquaman. Not every issue has been great but there certainly have been some very cool things in there.

Regardless, it's not like the older comics no longer exist. I went back and read Silver Age Flash, COIE, Zero Hour, Bart's run and I'm 50% of the way through Waid's Wally.
>>
File: pig.png (450KB, 654x632px) Image search: [Google]
pig.png
450KB, 654x632px
So let's list things that are ACTUALLY still wrong in the current DCU, not counting current story directions and edicts because those are fleeting:

>Superman still has shitty costume and is somehow the only character who hasn't gotten a new one
>Vic Sage isn't allowed to be Question
>Flash, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and Aquaman currently have writers who are either shit or just don't care, when these should be treated like the flagship books
>Tim Drake, Cassie Sandsmark, Superboy and Impulse still in ruins
>JSA still on their fucked up containment universe with a ton of awful OCs
>Wally West basically doesn't exist
>Wildstorm characters in limbo
>handful of villains have shit new origins but that can always be ignored eventually
>Ted Kord still missing in action (not counting JL3000 which is great, and the one-off appearance that never got followed-up on)

Overall we're in a pretty fine place now though. The reboot, in all honesty, was a good and kind of necessary idea to cut out all the chaff that's accumulated over the past 30 years. Just a lot of stuff was rushed, and a couple of really bad stupid creators had way too much control over essential parts of the mythos (namely Teen Titans).

I'm really glad and impressed how DC has recently backed off the continuityfagging and edginess, so thankfully a lot of those shitty things will eventually be ignored and forgotten.
>>
>>78702843
>Wally West basically doesn't exist
I'm not so hurt over this. It's a comic book world, he can be pulled into existence within one page if need be. Hell, they just need to say he escaped into the speedforce during Flashpoint and bam, he is back.
>>
>>78702843
>Wildstorm
Seeley seems to really like them, they could definitely use more love, but there's a lot of hope there
>Kord
Hopefully Johns will follow up on that
>Green Lantern
I still hold that Venditti gets sold short here because Johns was so based, and his Flash is so shit, but it could really use a new artist (and hopefully Tom King too)
>Aquaman
We know we're getting Abnett, and Johns is coming back at some point, I believe

Agree on everything else
>>
>>78702843
When does aquaman turn to shit? I finished John's run and loved it, I'm about 7 or so issues into the next run.
>>
>>78699798
>growing up
>having families
>not buying eight books a month
Where the hell do you think we are?
>>
>>78703194
>>Kord
>Hopefully Johns will follow up on that
Johns is the reason there not follow up already, he is a selfish fuck that doesnt know how to share.
>>
>>78703273
After Johns is Jeff Parker who is probably the single most underrated writer in cape comics today, and his run goes on until DCYou when Cullen Bunn takes over.

Bunn's run is one of the most boring things I read last year, to the point that even he eventually said "yeah I was just doing this because they asked me to" and is voluntarily leaving the book.
>>
>>78698245
But don't you know Paksitanis blow up all the time?
>>
>>78698257
Like Latverian and Kahndaqi are real languages.
Still shity editing though.
>>
>>78705388
>Jeff Parker
I never felt so sorry about someone, Goddammit, i hope the rumours of the brave and the bold book by him are true
>>
>>78705479
The difference being Latveria and Khandaq are fictional countries whereas Pakistan is very real.
>>
>>78705589
You can always say that Pakistanis of Earth 0 speak Pakistanians. It's not like Earth-0 is a real earth in our universe.
>>
>>78699307
I really liked the sotrytime of Ms. Marvel. The sight gags and the characterization, I felt was very good.
And I'm not a big marvel fan by any means.
>>
>Marvel is clearly beating DC
>b-but STAR WARS AND SJWs
>doesn't contest that Marvel is clearly beating DC
>>
>>78705867
And what are you implying here ? Also, Star wars is a big factor because its the book that most sell
>>
>>78705867
http://www.comicsbeat.com/is-marvels-relaunch-stumbling-out-of-the-gate/
>This is to say, if you remove the Star Wars franchise from the picture, the Marvel universe isn’t doing that much better than the DC universe. Oh, Marvel is much better pruning the vine and keeping the sales above 20K on their superhero titles, but with the exception of Spidey and perhaps Deadpool, the mid-list is the top list and 40K is starting to be high sales for anything not designated a flagship franchise.
>>
>>78700445
>johnsfags

Go the the JLA storytime and compare with the current shit
>>
File: Marvel vs DC Priceless.jpg (356KB, 708x2527px) Image search: [Google]
Marvel vs DC Priceless.jpg
356KB, 708x2527px
Reminder
>>
File: 1449770598933.png (631KB, 719x336px) Image search: [Google]
1449770598933.png
631KB, 719x336px
>>78706412
T R I G G E R E D
>>
>>78706412
>People still believe this
Also, the Flash series pretty much made this image irrelevant
>>
>>78706412
Again, DC's PR team sucks if Marvel can make that image.
>>
>>78706412
I just hope the rumor of a Birds of Prey movie is true. Just to shut these fuckers up
>>
>>78706593
They changed their PR team dint they ? i remember a announcement here on /co/ about it
>>
>>78696835
Probably not, better off getting a new core audience.
>>
>>78706679
there was a job ad posted for DC hiring a new publicist or something
>>
>>78706543
Seriously, they topped everything Marvel did.
>>
>>78696835
I expected something on the level of COIE to happen during my lifetime. I just thought it would have been handled better. Nu52 came out of nowhere and it showed. I think more people would have forgiven it if it had better execution.

I don't mind that somethings get retconned or changed; that's just the nature of Big 2 comics. I just need to decide for myself whether or not those changes work. If I don't like what's being published, I simply move on to other comics.
>>
>>78706750
Now that i think about
Supergirl used the whole "We are the first series with a female superhero" Bullshit right ?
>>
File: Geoff-Johns.jpg (12KB, 423x200px) Image search: [Google]
Geoff-Johns.jpg
12KB, 423x200px
>>78706412
Mfw DC released a film with a sentient planet before GotG
>>
>>78696835
reboots always start out rough than find a pace once they reintroduce some of the older concepts.

In this case I think reintroducing Wally and the JSA would go a long ways. If that doesn't bring people back it's not because of the reboot they quit, they're just sick of comics and new 52 was a jumping off point.
>>
>>78696835
New 52 ruined the mythology of a lot of characters. Post-Crisis didn't.
>>
>>78706787
DC will also release a Wondy film before Marvel ever does a female solo.
>>
>>78707097
Because Pre crisi was a Mess with continuity, there was nothing to ruin
>>
>>78706412
Actual People: When's Batman going to join the avengers?
>>
>>78707177
No, for example Flash, Batman and Green Lantern mythology stayed mostly the same. New 52 "edgified" or just plain erased everything.
>>
>>78707394
i am talking about Pre crisis of infinite Earths dude, and you are talking about Post zero hour
>>
>>78707394
>Batman and Green Lantern mythology stayed mostly the same
you mean like it did with the new 52

>Flash
>stayed mostly the same
except for where they killed the Flash and replaced him with his former sidekick, yeah exactly the same

You're acting like COIE didn't change anything, but you're ignoring stuff like Byrne reboot of Superman, Perez reboot of Wondy, the Hawkworld reboot of Hawkman & Hawkwoman, completely removing the JSA from continuity for several years, changing the JL founder lineup, etc.

Flashpoint changed a lot but COIE arguably changed even more and yes, people were fucking mad about Crisis for years
>>
>>78696835

No. New 52 was suicide. They'll never be relevant again.

>How long did it take for people to accept Post-Crisis DC?

Instantly, because it was a continuity reboot and not a *character* reboot, so it was the same comics just with a different history. And I'm old enough to say this for certain. Their sales instantly went up and STAYED up. The New 52 sales boost literally lasted 2 months.
>>
>>78705388
>Jeff Parker
Yeah he seemed to have heaps going on in his opening Aquaman Issues so I was surprised to see that it went to shit. Haven't read any of this Bunn guy yet. How long is his run?
>>
>>78707664
>Instantly, because it was a continuity reboot and not a *character* reboot, so it was the same comics just with a different history. And I'm old enough to say this for certain. Their sales instantly went up and STAYED up. The New 52 sales boost literally lasted 2 months
You know that a bunch of oldfags actually contradicted everything you said right ?
>>
>>78707688
It's just around 10 issues or something long. Abnett is starting with 50.
>>
>>78707513
i guess the only reason people still hate it its because everyone has internet access and wants to say that it sucks
>>
>>78707664
>The New 52 sales boost literally lasted 2 months.

Sales are higher than they've been in years. Pre Nu52 their biggest book was Green Lantern at a whopping 70k a month.
>>
DC's biggest sin for me right now is having a poor Flash creative team whilst the TV show is potentially attracting new readers.
>>
>>78707925
To be fair, DC has the whole "The comics are one thing, the TV series is another stuff" So yeah, synergy could actually be good on this
>>
>>78707967
I don't think the comics and show need to line up.

Rather, more people are going to be looking up the Flash due to the TV show, having a dud creative team means you are pissing away potential new readers.
>>
>>78707967
>>78708034
DC has never had brand synergy, and for the most part that's a good thing.

Just look at Marvel's attempts at creating synergy between its movies and comics—hell, its movies and TV shows, which are meant to be in the same universe entirely.
>>
>>78708154
I'm saying I don't want synergy. I just want a decent writing team and you would think the shows success would make DC push for that.

Instead, people who watch the show and turn to comics are told to read the first 4 Volumes of New 52 Flash and then hit the brakes.
>>
>>78697189
losing them and not gaining anything in return is clearly bad.
>>
>>78699777
>Prez
>Decent
no. Just no.
>>
>>78697189
>damage control
>>
>>78707144
They made a Supergirl movie decades ago, and a movie with a black main (Steel).
>>
>>78708392
Feel free to look at Comichron for sales and see that they did gain quite a lot of new readers or at least old readers buying more titles. Or just keep shitposting, whatevers fine.
>>
>>78708828
Are you talking New 52 or DCyou?
>>
>>78707831
>Sales are higher than they've been in years.

Meaningless statement. "In years" is the Nu52 time. If you had said "in decades" you might have had something, but that would have been a lie, now wouldn't it?
>>
>>78697189
>>78708392
>>78708828
The New 52 did gain readers at first. So I'd say that the initial launch was a success. But let's compare a few things...

This is Superman during the World of New Krypton storyline:

05/2009: Superman #688 -- 41,642 (- 3.3%)
06/2009: Superman #689 -- 40,366 (- 3.1%)
07/2009: Superman #690 -- 39,472 (- 2.2%)
08/2009: Superman #691 -- 39,106 (- 0.9%)
09/2009: Superman #692 -- 37,695 (- 3.6%)
10/2009: Superman #693 -- 35,395 (- 6.1%)
11/2009: Superman #694 -- 34,430 (- 2.7%)
12/2009: Superman #695 -- 32,482 (- 5.7%)
01/2010: Superman #696 -- 31,940 (- 1.7%)

This is Superman during the Grounded storyline:

10/2010: Superman #703 -- 50,460 (+ 0.9%)
10/2010: Superman #704 -- 46,741 (- 7.4%)
11/2010: Superman #705 -- 46,261 (- 1.0%)
12/2010: Superman #706 -- 43,027 (- 7.0%)
01/2011: Superman #707 -- 41,843 (- 2.8%)
02/2011: Superman #708 -- 40,639 (- 2.9%)
03/2011: Superman #709 -- 39,846 (- 2.0%)
04/2011: Superman #710 -- 39,644 (- 0.5%)
05/2011: Superman #711 -- 38,471 (- 3.0%)
06/2011: Superman #712 -- 37,362 (- 2.9%)
07/2011: Superman #713 -- 36,646 (- 1.9%)
08/2011: Superman #714 -- 35,919 (- 2.0%)

This is the first year of New 52 Superman:

09/2011: Superman #1 -- 131,529 (+266.2%) [150,128]
10/2011: Superman #2 -- 104,703 (- 20.4%)
11/2011: Superman #3 -- 86,386 (- 17.5%)
12/2011: Superman #4 -- 76,532 (- 11.4%)
01/2012: Superman #5 -- 73,719 (- 3.7%)
02/2012: Superman #6 -- 69,633 (- 5.5%)
03/2012: Superman #7 -- 66,588 (- 4.4%)
04/2012: Superman #8 -- 64,486 (- 3.2%)
05/2012: Superman #9 -- 62,232 (- 3.5%)
06/2012: Superman #10 -- 59,081 (- 5.1%)
07/2012: Superman #11 -- 56,066 (- 5.1%)
08/2012: Superman #12 -- 53,326 (- 4.9%)
>>
>>78710329
This is Post-Villains Month Superman:

10/2013: Superman #24 -- 39,580 (- 33.8%)
11/2013: Superman #25 -- 39,295 (- 0.7%)
12/2013: Superman #26 -- 36,877 (- 6.2%)
01/2014: Superman #27 -- 35,266 (- 4.4%)
02/2014: Superman #28 -- 34,296 (- 2.8%)
03/2014: Superman #29 -- 33,633 (- 1.9%)

Pre-Convergence Superman (this would be around the time Geoff Johns was on the book):

03/2014: Superman #29 -- 33,633 (- 1.9%)
04/2014: Superman #30 -- 37,316 (+ 11.0%)
05/2014: Superman #31 -- 40,534 (+ 8.6%)
06/2014: Superman #32 -- 89,140 (+155.4%) [103,508]
07/2014: Superman #33 -- 62,998 (- 39.1%)
08/2014: Superman #34 -- 56,568 (- 10.2%)
09/2014: Futures End #1 -- 77,949 (+ 37.8%)
10/2014: Superman #35 -- 53,692 (- 31.1%)
11/2014: Superman #36 -- 52,272 (- 2.6%)
12/2014: Superman #37 -- 50,383 (- 3.6%)
01/2015: --
02/2015: Superman #38 -- 48,987 (- 2.8%)
03/2015: Superman #39 -- 50,260 (+ 2.6%)

Post-Convergence:

06/2015: Superman #41 -- 53,393 (+ 1.4%)
07/2015: Superman #42 -- 46,691 (- 12.6%)
08/2015: Superman #43 -- 49,825 (+ 6.7%)
09/2015: Superman #44 -- 43,921 (- 11.8%)
10/2015: Superman #45 -- 42,693 (- 2.8%)
>>
>>78709894
Just go look at the sales at Comichron if you want to be a faggot about it. Compared to right before the reboot, they are doing substantially better.
>>
>>78698833
When the Heroic Age started and the tagline was basically "we're not doing events for a while" which lasted like 6 months if that
>>
>>78710451
World of New Krypton era Action:

01/2009: Action Comics #873 -- 51,940 (- 9.2%)
02/2009: Action Comics #874 -- 48,360 (- 6.9%)
03/2009: Action Comics #875 -- 47,079 (- 2.7%)
04/2009: Action Comics #876 -- 43,368 (- 7.9%)
05/2009: Action Comics #877 -- 41,772 (- 3.7%)
06/2009: Action Comics #878 -- 40,011 (- 4.2%)
07/2009: Action Comics #879 -- 38,324 (- 4.2%)
08/2009: Action Comics #880 -- 37,588 (- 1.9%)
09/2009: Action Comics #881 -- 36,183 (- 3.7%)
10/2009: Action Comics #882 -- 34,754 (- 4.0%)
11/2009: Action Comics #883 -- 33,386 (- 3.9%)
12/2009: Action Comics #884 -- 31,873 (- 4.5%)
01/2010: Action Comics #885 -- 30,678 (- 3.8%)

Grounded/Pre-Flashpoint Action:

08/2010: Action Comics #892 -- 36,401 (+ 3.0%)
09/2010: Action Comics #893 -- 33,948 (- 6.7%)
10/2010: Action Comics #894 -- 42,291 (+24.6%)
11/2010: Action Comics #895 -- 33,089 (-21.8%)
12/2010: Action Comics #896 -- 32,357 (- 2.2%)
01/2011: Action Comics #897 -- 32,134 (- 0.7%)
02/2011: Action Comics #898 -- 31,935 (- 0.6%)
03/2011: Action Comics #899 -- 31,808 (- 0.4%)
04/2011: Action Comics #900 -- 60,152 (+89.1%) [73,004]
05/2011: Action Comics #901 -- 44,143 (-26.6%)
06/2011: Action Comics #902 -- 41,960 (- 5.0%)
07/2011: Action Comics #903 -- 40,205 (- 4.2%)
08/2011: Action Comics #904 -- 39,323 (- 2.2%)

New 52 Action Comics:

09/2011: Action Comics #1 -- 182,748 (+364.7%) [200,947]
10/2011: Action Comics #2 -- 153,855 (- 15.8%)
11/2011: Action Comics #3 -- 134,875 (- 12.3%)
12/2011: Action Comics #4 -- 112,839 (- 16.3%)
01/2012: Action Comics #5 -- 109,350 (- 3.1%)
02/2012: Action Comics #6 -- 96,592 (- 11.7%)
03/2012: Action Comics #7 -- 91,822 (- 4.9%)
04/2012: Action Comics #8 -- 87,980 (- 4.2%)
05/2012: Action Comics #9 -- 88,796 (+ 0.9%)
06/2012: Action Comics #10 -- 80,751 (- 9.1%)
07/2012: Action Comics #11 -- 76,232 (- 5.6%)
08/2012: Action Comics #12 -- 71,203 (- 6.6%)
>>
>>78710680
Post-Villains Month Action

10/2013: Action Comics #24 -- 39,620 (- 23.5%)
11/2013: Action Comics #25 -- 46,550 (+ 17.5%)
12/2013: Action Comics #26 -- 37,489 (- 19.5%)
01/2014: Action Comics #27 -- 36,042 (- 3.9%)
02/2014: Action Comics #28 -- 35,305 (- 2.0%)
03/2014: Action Comics #29 -- 34,231 (- 3.0%)

Pre-Convergence Action

04/2014: Action Comics #30 -- 37,809 (+ 10.5%)
05/2014: Action Comics #31 -- 41,081 (+ 8.7%)
06/2014: Action Comics #32 -- 55,400 (+ 34.9%)
07/2014: Action Comics #33 -- 49,457 (- 10.7%)
08/2014: Action Comics #34 -- 46,746 (- 5.5%)
09/2014: Futures End #1 -- 74,497 (+ 59.4%)
10/2014: Action Comics #35 -- 45,152 (- 39.4%)
11/2014: Action Comics #36 -- 41,835 (- 7.3%)
12/2014: Action Comics #37 -- 39,168 (- 6.4%)
01/2015: Action Comics #38 -- 35,018 (- 10.6%)
02/2015: Action Comics #39 -- 38,070 (+ 8.7%)
03/2015: Action Comics #40 -- 38,216 (+ 0.4%)

Post-Convergence:

06/2015: Action Comics #41 -- 44,083 (+ 15.4%)
07/2015: Action Comics #42 -- 37,956 (- 13.9%)
08/2015: Action Comics #43 -- 41,883 (+ 10.3%)
09/2015: Action Comics #44 -- 37,927 (- 9.4%)
10/2015: Action Comics #45 -- 36,560 (- 3.6%)
Thread posts: 282
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.