[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which eco-villain was best eco-villain?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8

File: greedly.gif (642KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
greedly.gif
642KB, 300x225px
Which eco-villain was best eco-villain?
>>
We are

THE POLLUTING POWER IS OURS
>>
>>67343123
That swag
>>
>>67343123
Captain Pollution. The episodes with him were the only ones with a real fight, and they were more exciting as a result.
>>
>>67343184
Das deep, anon
>>
Dr. Blight

Meg Ryan sounded hot as her, with all that dialogue with her AI ending with "... Mal baby"

Her AI was voiced by Tim Curry too.

She's also the only eco-villain to go 1 on 1 with Captain Planet in a dbz-esque fight. She transforms into a tree or some shit during that fight too. Awesome.
>>
>that one drug episode
>someone actually dies
>someone was indirectly responsible for that person's death
>>
File: luton05.jpg (73KB, 922x709px) Image search: [Google]
luton05.jpg
73KB, 922x709px
Then there's this guy.
His suit is made from like 5 different endangered species or some shit, it cracks me up every time.

And his name is fucking Lutin Plunder.

It's like if you mixed Gaston with Vladmir Putin and threw in some goddamn Elton John or some shit.

>>67348242
I like how Verminus Skum was basically a crack dealer the whole episode.
>>
>>67348358
Plunder was also the only guy who was capable of a sustainable business model and who had an actual endgame.
>>
>>67348032
>Dr. Blight
>best villain
>not worst

Bitch had no endgame and her schemes did not benefit her in any way whatsoever. She was female Duke Nukem but with no real reason to do what she was doing. At least Nukem got more powerful by spreading radiation everywhere.
>>
>>67348374
>>67348358
Derp, scratch that, I was thinking of Hoggish Greedley and/or Sly Sludge.
>>
>>67348391
I think her deal was more that she was a sadistic scientist. Her endgame wasn't about business but self-indulgence.

Any time she seemed to do anything business-related it was basically built on deceit as a means to do her animal experiments 'n' shit.

Compare to Sly Sludge, who would lie for business more because he was into half-assed waste removal scams. Like dumping it all in a volcano. Even he was more interested in business than Blight, who really just wanted to tamper with nature.
>>
>>67348486
Sly sludge seems more like it. He took advantage of wealthy companies with problems with scam solutions - and made bank.

Lutin Plunder was more about generally exploiting disadvantaged people iirc. He was into money/power for maintaining an affluent lifestyle.

Even with money Sly Sludge always came into work dressed like a goddamn ghostbuster.
Being in uniform all the time, I guess he was meant to come off visually like a fraudulent repairman.

Greedly I mostly remember for eating the skinny guy's food :(
>>
File: riftshuh.jpg (25KB, 339x253px) Image search: [Google]
riftshuh.jpg
25KB, 339x253px
>Gets a whole episode devoted to him spreading AIDS rumors.
>Gets a whole episode devoted to him selling drugs, complete with a kid on drugs ODing.

Maybe not the best eco-villian when it comes to captain planet save the planet stuff, but defiantly the best villain in the show.
>>
>>67348817
Didn't he also promote youth gangs?
>>
>>67348880
You better believe he did! that episode has my favorite line ever in the show, where a student tells a gang member that even the kids in the special ed classes are cooler then being in a gang.

It was also full of weirdly colored faces of various civil rights leaders. Defiantly way different then anything else they did with show.
>>
>>67348032
What happened to her right eye?
>>
>>67348391

That's exactly why she was the best villain. All the others had some sort of goal; usually money or power or... I don't remember what Porky was after. Money also, I think.

But Blight? Blight did that shit for fun. Fun and some sort of vague scientific purpose that largely seemed to be an excuse to torture animals.

Plus, even with her fucked-up face she was extremely fuckable.
>>
Duke Nuke was the only one with a real reason to polute, the others...made no sense, they polute just because.
>>
>>67349000
Some unspecified accident resulted in her losing her eye as well as horrible burn scars. That's why she wears her hair like that.
>>
>>67349191
Greedly and Sludge did it because cutting corners maximized their profits. But yeah, Nukem was the only one where polluting directly benefited him because radiation made him stronger.
>>
>>67349298
Funny thing as that despite her accident, she still persists in experimenting.

Now there's someone with motivation, I tell you what. She knows the dangers of her practice first-hand, but loves doing what she does too much to stop.
>>
File: 1403792883464.gif (616KB, 159x137px) Image search: [Google]
1403792883464.gif
616KB, 159x137px
Those dastardly Northern Irish who wanted to blow up their own town with a nuke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQJrovKgrTw
Thank god an American was there to basically tell everybody, "Hey, c'mon guys, c'mon".
>>
>>67349191
Tfw it turns out aside from core malfunctions nuclear power is much cleaner than coal, oil or natural gas means of creating energy
>>
File: garbage can.jpg (52KB, 600x535px) Image search: [Google]
garbage can.jpg
52KB, 600x535px
>>67349591
>mfw all the dipshits that don't understand how nuclear power works
>mfw they assume everyone is as retarded as the russians
>mfw they think that, nuclear power is like, take a nuclear bomb and plug it into a wall outlet or some shit...man I don't know
>fuck, they stupid
>>
>that one episode where the rat-guy tried to make an entire town hate a kid who was HIV positive because...reasons?

That one always bothered me.
>>
Dr Blight. Because even though I'm mostly gay I stll considered her my waifu as a kid.
>>
Basically we can write Duke Nukem off as a villain for two big reasons, heck even three:

1) His brand of pollution is one of the lesser issues. The problem of nuclear waste being very miniscule Vs general garbage dumping, etc
2) Even at his worst, encouraging nuclear meltdowns, he's basically a hungry monster that needs to be put down. Makes him kind of tragic, really. He's a wild, freakish beast who needs 'super' radiation to even survive. IIRC he even loses intelligence over the course of the series.

And here's 3)
Someone like Duke Nukem would actually be more of a solution than a problem. The way he feeds on radiation, he can help quell meltdowns and normalize toxic waste.
>>
File: 514563eb64df7dr_blight_boobs[1].jpg (96KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
514563eb64df7dr_blight_boobs[1].jpg
96KB, 900x900px
Dr Blight because I can
>>
>>67349979
I love the Trex :B
>>
>>67348358

>> in the real world there are hundreds of people even worse than Luten Plunder

Yet me turning out the light of a room I'm not in at the moment will counteract them.
>>
File: a761af85543f0e4df7b54a60cee2e795.jpg (297KB, 1050x1200px) Image search: [Google]
a761af85543f0e4df7b54a60cee2e795.jpg
297KB, 1050x1200px
While the show was generally anti-pollution, it was also generally pro-sex.

Wheeler was hitting on Linka all the time, and one episode even had a bad future where they were part of an overpopulation problem because they had too many goddamn kids.
>>
>>67350485
Yeah but just look at her, I'd overpopulate that, I'd overpopulate the shit out of that.
>>
>>67349654
I think his thing was just misanthropy and active malice. Whenever he showed up alone it was specifically to make life suck by giving out meth or whatever.
>>
>>67350522
Hell yeah.

The overpopulation message seems like a contradiction to all the suggestive stuff they had - until you consider it was a subtle way of promoting condoms + abortion to a general audience.

Either way, 9/10, would overpopulate indeed. Though Dr. Blight would more likely be the pro-abortion type...
>>
>>67350630
No contraception and compulsory abortions. Gotta get that fetal tissue for cosmetics research.

Wait, didn't the show advocate China's one child policy?
>>
>>67350615
He sure used a lot of poison 'n' stuff. Liked to troll and to drama. What a cunt.

Somehow I think he's worse than Blight in that Blight has an off-chance of some kind of scientific breakthrough with all her animal experimenting, cruel as she is.
>>
what was the name of the villain that tried to prove that racism was an inherent trait in children?

End the end the show made it clear that it's 100 % environmental.

Best villain.
>>
>>67350700
>No contraception and compulsory abortions.
>Gotta get that fetal tissue
Hahaha, my sides. I wish they made a PSA on this :)

Yes, they were pro one-child policy. Interestingly opinionated show.
Wonder what it would be like if 4chan or /co/ made a preachy show. Hmm, what would it preach?
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.