[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the difference between King of the Hill and King

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 11

File: HankHill.jpg (62KB, 222x273px) Image search: [Google]
HankHill.jpg
62KB, 222x273px
What's the difference between King of the Hill and King of the Hill: Brotherhood?
>>
>>65326610

Well, Brotherhood follow closer to the comic books.
>>
Did anyone else think Propane Magi Henry Magica had better movies than the original series?
>>
Higher RPMs
>>
Bobby actually knows about propane in Brotherhood which is much closer to the comics.
In regular KotH he couldn't even clean the tank and that really pissed me off because he was my favorite texwarrior.
>>
>>65332446
Who else cringed every time he wiped feet-to-head?
>>
Just watch Kai, it's the most accurate adaptation. The others had too much content removed when they were localised.
>>
I like KoTH GT, fuck the haters.
>>
>>65332823
Shut up Meg
>>
>>65332660
the worst part is rubbing feet to head didn't even have any meaning since they just get Randy Travis to bring everyone back to life every time.
>>
Brotherhood had the actual end instead of the short chumped explosion cut to credits. You miss where Dale forgives Nancy for being a dirty fucking lying whore
>>
>>65332682
yeah but when Mike Judge was writing the original comic he said he just added those parts to appeal to older audiences. They're not even important to the story. The episode where Peggy steals Bobby's techniques doesn't even make sense.
>>
>>65332890
>implying anyone wants to see Dale let Lenore 2 back into his spirit tank
>>
I thought that it followed the comic pretty closely until Henry Winkler showed up and derailed the plot with his mountain empire bullshit. At least we got Bills "Listening" arc.
>>
>>65333106
we knew he was listening from day one when he told the reader only a complete charchole would think he's lying. Stop looking for hidden messages it's just a manga.
>>
>>65332717
well good for you. It's not canon.
>>
>>65333236
That wasnt the real Bill dingus, it was the Life-Charcoal clone, Hank and Dale killed him and found the real Bill hiding in the megalo-mart training with Chuck Mangioni.
>>
>>65333406
it's kind of up for debate if he's the "real" Bill since he lived a lot of original Bill's life.
>>
File: bill came back.jpg (8KB, 200x251px) Image search: [Google]
bill came back.jpg
8KB, 200x251px
>>65326610

Bill: "I can see her, Hank! She's calling to me. Everything is white...and beautiful...I'm going home Hank."

Hank: "Now god dangit Bill stop acting like a jackass and snap out of it! We can't summon Lady Tex without ya, and Boomhower's revival tank is almost empty we need ya!"

Bill: "So long Hank...I'm truly where I belong..."

Hank: "BILL!!!" *echoes out into the distance*

Bill: "Yes...I can finally rest...."

???: "Bill...you were always a quitter..."

Bill: "Wha...who is that?"

???: "Typical that you'd give up and let everyone down when you're needed the most...it's why I divorced you..."

Bill: "E-Eleanor!?"

Eleanor: "You're pathetic...I always knew you would never amount to anything. Had I had known you'd be this disappointing, I'd have never had married you."

Bill: "Eleanor! Don't say such mean things! We loved each other, I know it!"

Eleanor: "Love!? HA! The only reason I stayed with you for so long is because I felt bad for you! Who could ever truly love you?!"

Bill covers his face...his rage reaching a critical point...until finally he bursts.

Bill: "WHO COULD LOVE ME!? I HAVE AN ENTIRE NEIGHBORHOOD WHO LOVES ME!! They let me drink with them in the alley...and attend their cookouts and eat all their leftovers! Heck they even let me use my ultimate technique to distract that Khan Jr clone that one time! THEY'RE ALWAYS THERE FOR ME!!!"

Eleanor: "....and yet here you are...quitting when they need you most..."

Bill: "LIKE HELL I'M QUITTING! MY SOUTHERN BELL WILL RING ONCE MORE!! NOT EVEN DEATH CAN TAKE ME!"

Eleanor: "Prove it...pussy..."

And then when he punched his greasy hand through death to return to the land of the living I cried. Does anyone else just love this moment like me!?
>>
>>65333749
True, either way i think the fact that BoomHour-sama was a US Marshal the whole time was the worst thing they left out of brotherhood.
>>
>>65333870
they probably took it out because it wouldn't fit in with the Timegrill Saga they did earlier. When Hank goes back to 1993 Boomhauer is training with John Redcorn so he couldn't have been on the base. It might be filler but it's what most people are used to.
>>
File: .jpg (9KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
9KB, 300x168px
>>65334018
As soon as they introduced Redcorn he fucked up the whole series. He pretty much took all of Dales wife-fibers, making Dale useless without a PTR. At least dale got revenge with the Dead-Bug-Regalia III.
>mfw
>>
>>65334018

Redcorn's god forbids music so it doesn't matter. We already know he's willing to break the law
>>
>>65334242
If Dale kept Nancy's kai why would he ever bother to build his gadgets? John Redcorn is important to the future sagas, I don't know why people ignore that. Even if his power is inconsistent he's still an alright villain.
>>
>>65334462
He's well written its just annoying knowing the powers he could've gotten if Redcorn hadn't fucked him over. Oh well, at least we've got the OVA to look forward too.
>>
>>65334581
He wasn't getting many more powers so you're probably just supposed to assume he reached his kai limit. Only the Taxians were useful in later sagas so it would be weird to give him better abilities that far in.
>>
Man this epic meme is truly epic
Like really gets more and more funny every time it's reposted
>>
>>65334280
he sings to perform his more powerful kai blasts but I guess that's more of a language.

>>65334907
KotH Brotherhood is too associated with youtube poops but if you actually read the manga and not just the parody crossovers like a casual the threads are more than tolerable.
>>
>>65335173

It is not manga, It is comic-book.

>>65333820

You can do that when Ed meets al real body and tried to save him? You know...that scene?
>>
>>65333820
I had higher hopes for that whole arc but knew it wouldn't amount to much. They didn't let Bobby become the main texian so there's not much of a change Bill would ever get an entire spin-off series. Pretty good ending though, made up for the battle before it.
>>
>>65335379
that whole scene was removed when I watched it on TV so I didn't even understand how they even got to Khan's base.
>>
could someone fill me in?
>>
File: Show me your propane.jpg (190KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Show me your propane.jpg
190KB, 1024x768px
Why was King of the Hill 02 so bad?
>>
>>65336037
Peggy is back but at least she's a villain this time around and Luanne finally went full Texwarrior after training with Hank.
>>
>>65332717

I bet you also liked that bastardized Cotton movie where it turns out that Cotton went back in time when he passed away and became the inventor of propane tanks.
>>
>>65326610
It's better because it covers the darker tone of the comic better. Most people don't like that and like they're precious original series more
>>
>>65326610
Sam Raimi's King of the Hill was best. It was MORE like the comics and was even original! Much better than that SHITTY REBOOT with the plotholes! Raimi's totally did not have any noticeable flaws, plot holes and bad motivations! Only KIDS like the NEW King of the Hill!
>>
>>65336768
In Brotherhood Nancy gives Dale his soul back at the end of their arc, pretty heartwarming compared to in the original.
>>
>>65336843
>nostalgia goggles
>for a version with 9 episodes of Peggy filler
there's a reason her arc didn't effect anything else in the show and if you even watched Brotherhood it would be obvious. Either way those episodes were some of the worst.
>>
>>65326610
lel full metal dust jacket
>>
File: 1265296313972.jpg (57KB, 577x412px) Image search: [Google]
1265296313972.jpg
57KB, 577x412px
>>65326610
>Could never be bothered to finish FMA
>Let alone FMA:Brotherhood
>Can still enjoy this thread
And so I will continue not ever finishing FMA, or Eureka, or NGE

Feels good man.

>>65334242
Oh, and I never finished Kill La Kill either.
>>
File: 1406556341791.jpg (96KB, 488x434px) Image search: [Google]
1406556341791.jpg
96KB, 488x434px
>>65336768
>>65336843
I get it.
>>
>>65337010
Of all the things you listed, you could at least finish the decent one.
>>
I always get my Hanime mixed up. In which version did Hank train in the Room of Spirit and Time?
>>
File: image.jpg (891KB, 1536x2388px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
891KB, 1536x2388px
I was pissed that they didn't show Cotton getting his shins back. Made it hurt so much more when he died standing over Hank.
>tfw he finally showed his love for Hank by sacrificing himself so Hank could live
>>
>>65338828
Yeah he should finish Eureka
>>
File: download (1).jpg (4KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
4KB, 259x194px
I always cry my eyes out when I watch the Connie/Ladybird Chimera scene.
>>
>>65326610
I tell you this much, both were better than King of the Hill: Origins
>>
File: kingoftheanime.jpg (392KB, 876x2863px) Image search: [Google]
kingoftheanime.jpg
392KB, 876x2863px
>>65333820
>eleanor
I mean when he got that divorse from LENORE i never thought he would ever remarry let alone to Eleanor Roosevelt.
>>
>>65337010
well how could you have finished it, there are only like 7 of the english dubbed episodes out right now.
>>
>>65326610
>King of the Hill: Brotherhood
what is it?
>>
>>65342723
Aryan Brotherhood.
>>
File: 1389686444697.jpg (1MB, 1147x1772px) Image search: [Google]
1389686444697.jpg
1MB, 1147x1772px
>mfw the Fate/Hill Night anime was shit
>mfw we'll never get a good adaptation of the Holy Alamo War

Coach is best Servant.
>>
File: 1405829440320.jpg (257KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1405829440320.jpg
257KB, 1280x720px
Why did it take so long to get a good animation of HaHill's Bizarre Adventure? Like, the closest thing before this was the 1993 Fox Specials, and even then that was just an excuse to see the Thatherton fight.
>>
>>65336174

Who's Masaru and Taiki
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.