[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Fant astic-Four-Have-Found-Fo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 5

File: fantastic4logo-nobg.png (234KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
fantastic4logo-nobg.png
234KB, 1600x1600px
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Fantastic-Four-Have-Found-Footage-Feel-43635.html

So Josh Trank is just re-doing Chronicle with a Fantastic Four theme.
>>
That sounds so creative!
>>
...I'm okay with that. It'lbe a shitty ass F4 movie, but through a non-fanboy perspective it could be-

wait, why am I defending this? I loved Chronicle but no, no I don't want this at all. Fuck.
>>
>>63094428
>Fantastic Four to have six members

The studio says six is a more realistic number than four. How do four people save the Earth all by themselves? You need at least two more people to do that.

Plus, The Avengers had six members, and it was a very successful movie, so of course six is the magic number.
>>
I'm going to vomit
>>
why not just make Chronicle 2 instead of shitting on FF again?
>>
>>63094639
>yfw through legal voodoo She-Hulk and Spider-Man show up.
>>
>Fantastic Four to not be called "Fantastic Four" because that is a faggy, unrealistic name for a team.

The studio is ditching the word "Fantastic" and looking at more edgy adjectives like "Vengeful," "Deathseeking," "Lustful," and "Edgy."

The working title of the film, which may inevitably be used, is simply "Four."

>>63094689
Making Chronicle 2 would do nothing for Fox to retain the film rights to F4, Anon.
>>
It's going to have found footage on how they got powers.
>>
>hand-held camera
>docu-drama
>>
Fucking hell. It's like they're trying to make a shit movie.
>>
>Fantastic Four director calls film "classic horror movie"

Josh Trank has stated that his take on the classic Marvel Comics characters will take the franchise in a horror direction.

"Essentially what the core of [the Fantastic Four] is, it's nothing if not the archetypical horror story... You have four characters transformed into something less than human, a family of monsters, like "The Hills Have Eyes," and many of their villains are also horror characters, like the Lovecraftian abomination Galactus, or the Mole Man, who is very much in the vein of the Gothic outsider, like Frankenstein or Dracula."

Trank has insisted that in his movie, however, what will set it apart from other horror films is that "the black guy won't die first, but probably second."
>>
>>63094639
Easy, you've got H.E.R.B.I.E. and Doom.
>>
File: 1393650662262.png (253KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
1393650662262.png
253KB, 500x376px
>>63094940
>>
File: 12937294427.jpg (71KB, 448x473px) Image search: [Google]
12937294427.jpg
71KB, 448x473px
>>63094940

>MUH GRIMDARK
>>
WOW JOHNNY YOU'RE IN THE AIR, FLYING ON FIRE... LIKE A TORCH!! A HUMAN TORCH!!!

I'MMA UPLOAD THIS ON YOUTUBE
>>
>>63095042
All the found footage of Human Torch has people screaming "WORLDSTAR" in the background...and it's shot with a vertical screen
>>
File: fanFUCKINGtasic.webm (2MB, 1280x692px)
fanFUCKINGtasic.webm
2MB, 1280x692px
>>63094940
>>
>>63094940
wow that sounds like shit

but to be honest, The Incredibles already made the perfect Fantastic Four movie so maybe the only thing they CAN do is take it in a different direction.
>>
>>63094639
I'd see the other two as a reserve or just aides at their HQ

But fuck it they should just rename it to fantastic six
>>
>>63094639
>>Fantastic Four to have six members

where are you getting this from
>>
>>63094940
I just... I don't undersand, why-

Oh. Oh it all makes sense now. Fox WANTS this movie to suck. Fox WANTS this to crash and burn and ruin the chance for future Fantastic Four properties when they inevitably lose the rights.
>>
>>63095252
>when they inevitably lose the rights.
all they have to do is make a shit movie every few years.
>>
>>63095286
This is what they're doing now.
Chronicle was CHEAP
And dammit, they can do better than that.
Even for a tentpole I see this being under $100mil in production, if that.

They went to a cheap guy, with a cheap idea, for a cheap movie, to put a cheap movie out in wild for the sheep, to retain a document with words on it saying they're entitled to a set of things.

And everything will be fixed in post-production. CGI add-ons, all that shit.

And The F4 continue to rot
>>
Tim Story talking about why he turned Galactus into a cloud and how today, it could be more manageable, basically because of Marvel
>I think to a certain degree, we shied away from it because of that. But, I think in today’s world now, especially with them looking to do things like Ultron.

FOX a shit.
This thing is being mismanaged from the get-go.
http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/06/24/fantastic-four-tim-story-talks-about-why-he-made-galactus-a-cloud-1565048?lt_source=external,manual#!4Griv
>>
>>63094689
Maybe it's part of the deal, he does FF then they fund Chronicle 2 in return.
>>
>>63094965
>>63094991
>>63095086
>>63095105
>>63095252
Are you all easily that fooled by someone making up a post?
>>
>>63094940
What the actual fuck am
I reading?
>>
>>63095521

Yep, you got it.

They know is a piece of shit, but they want to keep the rights so they are going to make it as cheap as possible.

And sadly, given how cheap is going to be, it most likely will turn a considerable profit thanks to brand recognition.
>>
>>63095641

that was for>>63095350
>>
File: #40.gif (488KB, 500x360px) Image search: [Google]
#40.gif
488KB, 500x360px
>>63094940
>this whole thing
mein gott.
>>
>Fantastic Four's Mr. Fantastic Gives Details on Costumes

"The costumes are an interesting spin on the basic idea from the comics. True to the material, but fresh... a modern take on it. My suit is mostly CGI, so I'm not even totally sure what it looks like yet. But, I do have a basic idea. Being a character whose body is malleable, like, you know, Play-Doh, Reed's armor sort of has to protect his delicate body from harm. Michael's suit, I'm glad I'm not in his position [laughs]... it's a wonderful suit,
and fans will love how true to the comics it is when they see it... the thing takes two, two-and-a-half hours to get in and out of. You know, John's power is becoming-- in the comics, they call him the Human Flame-- he's made out of fire. So, obviously, he needs some sort of containment suit for that in order to protect those around him from the fire. In the old comics, he could just sort of fly around naked, this orange fire guy in the sky [laughs], but this is a more modern, realistic take on it, based on the more mature comics from the modern age. Same thing with Kate's costume-- being a floating bodysuit isn't a big help when your powers are turning invisible, so Kate's uniform obviously can't use a lot of material. What's more interesting is her costume when she's not on the field, trying to pass as a normal person. Light just passes through her, so you see how Susan has to try to conceal her invisibility with clothes and makeup-- like Kevin Bacon in 'Hollow Man.' It gives her an eerie appearance. It's quite cool.

I keep on using that word-- saying 'costume,' but that's not really what these are at all, in the narrative of the film. We're not, like, wearing bat ears or, you know, a big red cape and letters of the alphabet on our chests. This is different. These are more like practical uniforms-- we're not playing superheroes at all, we're not Thor or Captain America. Finding our way to that eventually, yes, but not there yet."
>>
>>63095811
>>63095567
It's a made-up post.
>>
>still doubting Fox
>even after DOFP

Easy, guys, I'm sure Fox will do something to fix this.
>>
>>63099503

How about doubting them after the last two F4 movies?
>>
Yeck.
>>
Its been pretty obvious Fox isnt going to reboot F4

Now with this news its confirmed, this movie is just another Trank movie, and they are calling its production Fantastic Four reboot to try and trick Marvel into buuying the rights

Fox will confirm this and lose the rights in September when the contract ends
>>
>>63095461
Wasn't it they thought a Giant Purple Dude was too gay or some shit?
>>
>>63099503
DOFP wasn't good, it was just better than some the previous post-trilogy X-films.

I don't see how anyone can look at the words "found footage" and not instantly think "oh my god this movie is going to blow"
>>
>>63094940
It this were true, it would be actually clever

Since, that's how the FF started. In 1961, DC was the publisher of Marvel comics,and they had the monopoly on superhero comics. Marvel was mostly known for monster and horror comics. So, they basically do another monster/horror story... which changed into superheroes only with issue #3.

...But I doubt Fox knows anything about that.
>>
>>63099891
There's more money in superhero movies atm
So yeah, it's gonna be a shitty F4 reboot, which won't tank because the public wants more superhero movies
>>
>>63094449
Welcome to capes. Enjoy your stay.
>>
>>63094940
>killing Johnny
Seriously?
>>
>43 posts so far
>no one asking for sauce
Never change, /co/.
>>
>>63100074
>no one asking for a reliable source
Fixed. I'm tired.
>>
>falling for the lulz

You guys...
>>
>>63094940
I can't find a source for this.
>>
>>63099950
REC was gud.
>>
>>63099817
Different team, different actors, different shit. Bad shit? Who knows, and at this point, who cares.

It's not like Marvel needs the characters by any means and no one gives a shit about the FF anymore, sadly.
>>
>People are okay with this

NO
>>
>>63099891
The superhero genre is healthier than ever thanks to Marvel and to an extent, Nolan. That's why blantantly flawed movies (Man of Steel, Iron Man 3) make more money than even better ones from the past days. It's awesome and sad at the same time.
>>
>>63100074
We are here to bitch about non Marvel shit. If you take it from us, you take our soul.
>>
>>63104514
Those movies made money because of name recognition

No one gives a fuck about fantastic four that doesnt read comic
>>
>>63100061
Yes. Confirmed. Look for it.

>>63104552
Name or brand? I can see that shit working for Batman, Superman, and to an extent: Iron Man (yes, he's acknoledged and people were aware of his existence, kinda like Wonder Woman but nearly as iconic). Captain America used to be Captain Lame, and Thor was even worse.
>>
>>63104552
>No one gives a fuck about fantastic four that doesnt read comic
That explains all the Michael B Jordan bitching.
>>
>>63104625
Yea "black man won't die first, but second" Don't they have something that Ben is only alive because Sue keeps a force field around his heart to keep his rock body from crushing it
>>
>>63094940
>classic horror movie
wat
>>
>Reed and Ben are childhood friends.

>Reed is recruited to a think tank funded by the United States military at Baxter Building, supervised by Dr. Franklin Storm. There, he meets Sue and Johnny, Franklin's adoptive children, and Victor Von Doom, an illegal immigrant from war-torn Latveria.

>Franklin is studying the N-Zone, the "conective tissue" of the Universe, and believes rhythmic pulses they've detected through its frequency are actually messages from an extraterrestrial intelligence. Reed and Victor, astrophysics experts, are needed to create a portal large enough they can send a message back.

>Victor believes the N-Zone can bend time and plans to use the experiment to travel back in time and save his mother, murdered by soldiers. Reed warns him his calculations are imprecise, but Victor ignores him, and decides to move forward with his plan.

>The experiment goes awry and Reed, Sue, Johnny, Ben and Victor are caught in a "warp radius" that reshapes their DNA, giving them superpowers. They are locked up, and the think thank's superior officer, General Sloan, appropiates of Victor's notes to weaponize the N-Zone.

>While the five learn how to control their powers and develop interpersonal relationships, strange anomalies hit New York City. The pulses get stronger, and Reed finds out Victor accidentally created a ripple in the space-time continuum, through which the extraterrestrial intelligence reaches the planet.

>General Sloan attempts to establish first contact with the lifeform, while Reed finds out the pulses are actually a warning message. The intelligence is Annihilus, a biotechnological sentient weapon that destroys entire Universes.
>>
>>63104745
>Turning Fantastic Four into a B Grade monster flick where they all die from their mutations.

Marvel did that comic, what was the name. Hulk turned into a giant tumor and exploded IIRC
>>
>>63104841
>Annihilus launches its attack against New York City and the world, and Reed, Sue, Johnny, Ben and Victor use their powers to aid the military in stopping the creature. To accomplish that, they need to mend the ripple, disable an intelligent virus that has infected their computers through the pulses, beat Annihilus' drones and prevent it from launching a biological attack.

>They succeed, and Annihilus is driven back to the N-Zone. Victor finds out General Sloan has weaponized his research and kills him before seemingly dying in an explosion. Out of respect for him, Reed destroys the machine and the research, and announces that the Baxter Building will be self-reliant from then on, cutting ties with the military.

>Reed, Sue, Johnny and Ben officially become the Fantastic Four. Reed and Sue are attracted to one another and have some banter, but there's also some hints of attraction between Sue and Ben.

>In an after-credits scene, Victor, still alive, returns to Latveria, kills the soldiers who murdered his mother and begins to rally the oppressed peasants to an uprising.
>>
>>63104868
>Reed's parents don't care about him. He decides not to go to college and instead gets a job at an assembly line with Ben, where he comes up with inventions to maximize productivity that attract the attention of the Baxter Building's scouts.

>Ben also works on the assembly line, but is nearly embarking on the same life of crime that resulted in his brother's death.

>Reed butts heads with General Sloan from the get-go, because he wants his inventions to help people, not hurt them by being used as weapons. Sue tells him that's what she wants as well, that the Baxter Building provides an unique opportunity to make their visions come true, and they can't be held back by fear. After she's done, Ben quips to Reed: "In love with her yet? I know I am."

>The accident is pretty painful for them all. For the first few weeks, Reed can't give his body consistency and is spends the entire time on the floor, trying to assemble himself; Sue often makes parts of herself or layers of her body invisible, like making her skin disappear and exposing her nervous system; Johnny experiences a maddening heat and burns everything he touches; Ben just trashes his chamber; and Victor is driven nearly insane by all the electronic patterns he is now able to perceive.

>Sue is the one that controls her powers first. At one point, she is using her force fields to check Ben's body for pressure points and he mumbles he's no longer human. She projects a force field inside his chest, "touching" his heart, and tells him he's human because she can feel his heart, and "it's big". They make a connection, and this is the first time someone notes Ben still has blue yes despite the rocky brow.

>Victor despises General Sloan and the American government for turning their backs on the oppressed people of Latveria, but knows the Baxter Building is his only chance to save his mother, and endures General Sloan's abuse and his "academically underprivileged" peers for access to the N-Zone.
>>
>>63104903
>They only wear their uniforms in the final battle. They are one of the prototypes Dr. Storm is working on, and he modifies them to adapt to the four's powers. They are still made of unstable molecules.

>Dr. Storm and his wife couldn't have children, and adopted Sue and Johnny. At one point, he tells Reed "You choose your own family", which Reed then echoes when he, Sue, Johnny and Ben become the Fantastic Four. At that point, Reed's parents try to get back into his good graces, but he cuts them off.

>The Fantastic Four are not superheroes, they are explorers, and end the movie planning to find out more about the "warp radius" of the N-Zone.

>The battles between the Fantastic Four, the Army and the Annihilus Drones are "massive".

>They are never directly referred to as "Fantastic Four", though everyone calls them "the four".

>They don't adapt superhero names, but there is a reference to each of them. General Sloan mockingly calls Reed "Mister Fantastic", soldier refer to Sue and Ben as "the invisible girl" and "that thing" at different points, and Johnny says "so what, I'm some sort of human torch now?" when Dr. Storm explains the extent of his mutation.

>Mole-Man has a very minor role as a supporting comic relief/technobabble assistant to Dr. Storm.
>>
>>63104903
So, Sue has more romantic connection to Ben than Reed? Fuck it, we're really getting an UFF movie adaptation
>>
>>63105023
It's supposed to be more Reed.
>>
>>63105023
I'd be okay with Bitch!Sue, if it means we get awesome Evil!Reed
>>
>>63105197
Well, maybe it's not shown in the script?
>>
>>63094639
I'm dyan
>>
>>63094689
Because no-one would go see a film called Chronicle 2.
FF? Oooo, that's a brandname. And Marvel films are popular now! DENNIS FETCH ME MY CHEQUEBOOK
>>
>>63105421
This is from a Q&A, the leaker was answering question about Sue/Ben hints specifically.

Basically, nobody gets together in the movie officially.
>>
Honestly if he does it without the found footage gimmick and with better actors the movie could be pretty good
>>
>>63094940
okay, now:
TO BE FAIR
The FF were, themselves, developed from horror concepts initially. So that if DC (who was distributing Marvel's books at the time) ever got pissy at them edging in on their turf, Stan & jack could go "nawwwwww lookit dat stretchy guy! And the kid who can't help turning on fire! And rock-monster! They're freaks, this is a psychological thriller book about them dealing with that!".
Considering that just being another generic superhero team doesn't cut it anymore, I'd be surprisingly okay with this. It goes back to their very earliest roots & gives them a relatively unique hook to work with.
>>
>>63104625
Captain America and Thor all fall under AVENGERS and Marvel Studios, name recognition, the same way Man of Steel had Nolans name attached
>>
Enjoy your nigger Human Torch.
>>
>>63104441

>HT and IW are different races

Yeah nah, with this approach it's definitely gonna be shit.
>>
I bet that Fox is letting him do whatever he wants because the Fantastic Four is dead as a film franchise as it is.
So this could either end up being really well done, or it could be creatively bankrupt and extremely pretentious in trying to reinvent the superhero action genre.

Basically, I've got all my money on "Birdman".
>>
>>63106056
More like Fox is holding Chronicle 2 hostage and making him do this movie
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.