[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Transformers: Age of Extinction

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 307
Thread images: 32

File: 1.jpg (3MB, 1500x2342px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
3MB, 1500x2342px
Four years after the Battle of Chicago, the Transformers have been outlawed by the American government and hunted down by Cemitery Wind, a black ops unit led by CIA operative Harold Attinger (Kelsey Grammer) and assisted by intergalactic bounty hunter Lockdown. Attinger wants to build his own Transformers to use as weapons, which he accomplishes through engineer Joshua Joyce (Stanley Tucci), CEO of Kinetic Solutions Incorporated (KSI), who uses the rare element ''Transformium'', extracted from the bodies of dead Transformers, to build an army of robotic drones headlined by Galvatron, programmed with data recovered from Megatron's severed head and decoded by a captive Brains.

In Texas, Cade Yeager (Mark Wahlberg), a widowed father and struggling inventor who runs an auto-shop with his friend Lucas Flannery (T.J. Miller), finds an old truck in an abandoned movie theather and takes it to his farm to strip it down for parts and use the money to send his rebellious daughter Tessa Yeager (Nicola Peltz) to college. He finds out that the truck is actually an injured Optimus Prime, and Lucas reports this to the police. A group of mercenaries led by James Savoy (Titus Welliver) and Lockdown arrives at the Yeager farm to capture Optimus, but he manages to fight them off, while Cade, Tessa and Lucas are rescued by Tessa's boyfriend, race car driver Shane Dyson (Jack Raynor). However, Lucas is killed by a grenade thrown by Lockdown during their escape.
>>
File: 2.jpg (191KB, 1080x1440px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
191KB, 1080x1440px
Cade finds out that KSI is experimenting on dead Transformers, and Optimus rallies the surviving Autobots Bumblebee, Hound, Drift and Crosshairs to destroy the building before leaving Earth. During the attack, Joshua launches Galvatron and another drone, Stinger, to stop the Autobots, and Optimus realizes that Megatron has transferred his consciousness to Galvatron. Optimus is then ambushed by Lockdown and taken aboard his ship. Tessa is accidentally captured as well, and Cade and Shane join forces with the Autobots to rescue them.

Aboard the ship, Lockdown reveals he's been employed by the Creators, a race of extraterrestrial creatures, to capture Optimus and bring him to them. In exchange for Cemitery Wind's assistance to locate Optimus, Lockdown gives Attinger the Seed, a bomb that can convert all matter within its blast radius in Transformium. Attinger gives Joshua the Seed, and he travels to Beijing to detonate it in order to use the Transformium to create more drones.

Cade, Shane and the Autobots manage to infiltrate Lockdown's ship and detach its tail section before Lockdown departs from Earth. Meanwhile, Galvatron rebels against Joshua and reprograms the drones to do his bidding. Joshua then escapes into Hong Kong in an effort to protect the Seed from Galvatron, who intends to use to to rebuild the Decepticons. The Autobots and their human allies arrive to protect him from the drones, while Lockdown returns in search of Optimus and forces the Autobots' ship to crash-land.
>>
File: 3.jpg (335KB, 875x1280px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
335KB, 875x1280px
Outnumbered, Optimus uses the Matrix of Leadership to revive the Dinobots, ancient Cybertronian warriors who were captive aboard Lockdown's ship. The Autobots and the Dinobots join forces and defeat the drones, forcing Galvatron to flee. Meanwhile, Cade is attacked by Savoy in an apartment building, but manages to throw him off the window, killing him.

Lockdown attacks Optimus, while Attinger attempts to kill Cade, only to be killed by Optimus. While he's distracted, Lockdown stabs him in the back and is ready to kill him when Cade, Tessa, Shane and Bumblebee create a distraction, allowing Optimus to stab Lockdown through the chest and slice him in half.

Optimus retrieves the Seed and leaves the Autobots in charge of protecting the planet before departing to confront his Creators and avenge the death of his friends. Meanwhile, Galvatron begins to plan his revenge.
>>
The boyfriend subplot was really dumb.
>>
You know what's kind of funny? Sans Bumblebee, the entirety of Optimus' squad from the first film is dead.
>>
>>63084931
Being Optimus is suffering.
>>
>>63084889
When the hell did Optimus get rocket feet?
>>
Dinobots barely in the movie?
Also, did they make up Transformium or is it from the show? It doesn't make it less stupid but at least then it can be considered "faithful".
>>
>Drift is goading Drift and Bumblebee to kill each other, saying that if they do he won't have to put up with being bossed around by some annoying prat
>while Optimus is right behind him

'Dis nigga!
>>
>humans have the upper hand

fucking why
>>
Is Crosshairs really Hawkeye?
>>
>>63085089
Yes.

When Optimus is captured, he immediately declares himself leader and decides to leave Earth.
>>
>>63085029
There's an element in the G1 cartoon used in the construction of new transformers called cybertronium.
>>
I liked Galvatron's new alt mode (evil fancy future truck), but I'm sad that we could've gotten Nemesis Prime instead since name aside, that's clearly what Joyce was aiming for.
>>
Oh good. Almost everyone from the previous movies is dead. Even the humans I bet. Just. Great.
>>
>>63084839
>Transformium

This isnt actually in the movie right?

R-right?
>>
Lockdown's hologram display should've been his default face. His regular one was incredibly bland.
>>
>>63085245
It is.

And they make a My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic reference by having it transform into Rainbow Dash.
>>
How was seeing Rainbow Dash in the movie?
>>
Any Alan Tudyk?
>>
>>63085282
>>63085281

Ok now you guys are just fucking with me.
>>
>>63085286
No.

But I want Simmons and him back in the next one.
>>
(Grimlock transforms into...well...you know)

Drift: (perturbed) I thought it would be a big car...

That got a chuckle out of me.
>>
>>63085245
Get this.
They use transformium to create a Rifle out of a [spoilers] Rainbow Dash toy [/spoilers]
>>
Why are these becoming more and more edgy and depressing. You put on screen executions last time bay, and now genocide? I didn't really want to see Wheeljack beg for his life before being shot to death in a street
>>
>>63085298
Into a Rainbow Dash toy. Just a toy. Don't have a conniption. They're both Hasbro properties. Cross promotion, Marketing 101.
>>
>>63085324
Genocide?
>>
Was it just me that hated how Galvatron and the clones transformed?
>>
I just wish they'd give the Decepticons more personality. Most of them don't even talk in these films.
>>
>>63085335
>>63085319

Fucking dropped.
>>
>>63085394
''Transformers'' had to best Decepticons, even if they didn't speak.
>>
It was shit.
Is anybody surprised?
>>
>>63085359
It felt lazy. So they wouldn't have to bother showing them transform in an intricate fashion anymore.
>>
>>63085356
Killing off all the transformers. The movie is called age of extinction. All of the autobots from the previous movies except Prime and B are most likely dead
>>
>>63085394
I love how in the first movie Prime talks about how his race is basically extinct, but by the third there are enough transformers alive to stage an invasion of earth
>>
>>63085467
There weren't many of them, though.
>>
>>63085499
At least a couple thousand
>>
Optimus coercing Grimlock into obeying him for his "freedom" was kind of messed up as was Cade, the absentminded roboticist, chiding Joshua that some things just shouldn't be invented.
>>
>>63085525
Decepticons. He meant the Autobots were nearly extinct.
>>
>>63085582
But programming robots with the mind of the alien Hitler is a terrible idea.
>>
>>63085628
Are they really so different?
>>
So the movie is terrible, right?
>>
>>63086087
I'm legitimately shocked you still have to ask.
>>
>>63085698
One side is lead by tyrant who justifies his rule by heredity, doomed his race to extinction, destroyed his planet, and relishes mutilations.

The other is led by Megatron.
>>
>>63086087
No, it's fun.
>>
File: image.jpg (67KB, 544x425px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67KB, 544x425px
>>63086418
Your a funny guy.
>>
File: 1321138986717.png (41KB, 300x274px) Image search: [Google]
1321138986717.png
41KB, 300x274px
>>63084839
>Transformium
>>
>>63085405
autism at maximum overload
>>
>>63086684
Congratulations, Bay... You manage to make Unobtainium sound less stupid by comparison...
>>
>>63084839
>''Transformium'
This is worse than "Unobtanium"
>>
>>63084931
Ratchet's still alive, I think
>>
>>63087318
Lockdown kills him.
>>
>>63086432
I like fun. Did you have fun, anon?
>>
>>63084839
Isn't Kelsey Grammer above this sort of thing?
>>
>>63089295
I just hope he gets a big fat check from all this. He's had a rough life.
>>
>>63089295
Not really. High-brow as it is, his most recognized role was in a sitcom.
>>
>>63086418
my nigga
>>
File: Thundercrackerg1guido.jpg (109KB, 400x513px) Image search: [Google]
Thundercrackerg1guido.jpg
109KB, 400x513px
I thought Thundercracker was going to be in this film, or so they said?
>>
>>63092971
No transformer is really, "in" the film, y'know?
>>
Are the creators the Quintessons?
>>
>>63089295

>Expendables 3

Nope.
>>
is unicron mentioned in this?
>>
>>63093598

Of course not anon, why would anything coll actually happen in this movie.

At this point they should just nut up and fucking do it. Transformers: Apocalypse with fucking Unicron. Make it 6 hours long and just fucking do it, end with a blaze of glory and awfulness.
>>
>>63093038
All that's seen of the Creators are silver tendrils.
>>
File: 27842214.jpg (1MB, 1982x1000px) Image search: [Google]
27842214.jpg
1MB, 1982x1000px
Instead of listing things I hated- which was everything-let's list off a few things that I totally didn't hate.

-"Drift" not going 100% racist and saying something like "I sure do miss Cybertron and Cyber-sushi. (But that ALMOST get cancelled out by the fact he DID literally say "Optimuses Primususo" in his super thick Japanese accent.

-Crosswire's weird dustcoat armor. It was so uncanny that I ended up liking it.

-Tailgate wasn't in it.

-Swerve wasn't in it.

-Cyclonus wasn't in it (BUT I FEAR HE WILL BE NOW).

-Rodimus wasn't in it.

-I honestly felt a tiny bit of emotion for Ratchet. But like a tiny tiiiiiny bit cause I don't remember him much. But him begging for his life was sad, as much as it is to see a puppy be wet and cold outside in cold weather.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...that's all I can think of honestly. I really hated everything else. Fuck off Bay. I pray my voo doo magic will kill you over right now.
>>
Bay saw two movies- The Avengers and Avatar. And he tired to mash the two together with Transformers. I didn't work good sir.
I have an urge to find him a-la South Park style and ask for my 16.50$ back.
>>
>>63095213
>I pray my voo doo magic will kill you over right now.

lol go read your IDW comics, dork.
>>
>>63095300

I will! Cause Bay can't touch Roberts. Right?...Right??
>>
>>63093005
I told my friends after I saw it, "Hope you guys really like humans."
>>
>>63084839
Did anyone else think 'Yeager' was Michael Bay's way of poking fun at Pacific Rim?

Also
>Transformium.
>>
Haven't gone to see the movie yet, but those spoilers are pushing me to want to not go. Quick questions, is the sword Optimus using the Star Saber? And are the Dinobots worth it/do anything cool/speak?
>>
>>63084839

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYlhnuKMJic

This piece of shit is just a set up for the 5th and 6th movie.
Shit was worse than TAS 2

>people are seriously going to pay with their money for this
>>
>>63095392
Absolutely. And absolutely disgusting
>>63095421
Doesn't say in this movie. The whole movie tells you bare minimum about anything having to do with the Transformers, just a bunch of vague stuff about the creators to set up for another movie.
>>
File: 1399775002265.png (307KB, 468x471px) Image search: [Google]
1399775002265.png
307KB, 468x471px
I really hope they don't try to make Unicron the creator of all transformers but something tells me they are going to do something stupid like that
>>
>Three movies worth of trash
>THREE
>people somehow thought the fourth one might be good

how do you people live without basic pattern recognition
>>
>>63085335
doesn't that mean dumb brony scientists created a robot uprising by using megatron's brain?
>>
File: 1384138073654.png (271KB, 629x908px) Image search: [Google]
1384138073654.png
271KB, 629x908px
>these spoilers
>>
>>63093005

That's a lovely way to sum up these movies.
Let's play the word association game. I'll say a name and then what DOESN'T come into your head.

Prime? "I'm going to fucking murder and kill people. Brutally."

Hound? A robot that managed to physically display a beer gut and....fucking beard????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Gun toting old army guy with a cigar who really should have really been named Kup.

Drift? Triple changer that's a yellow faced Samurai with a super thick Japanese accent. Makes fun of Bumblebee for no reason.

Lockdown!? Super creepy human metal face that somehow can't find his bounty, and let's the humans help him.

Grimlock? A huge fire breathing T-Rex.
....Wait. How come even THAT doesn't feel right? How did Bay fuck up Grimlock when that's literally what he is best know for? Dunno, but it still felt like it wasn't him.
>>
I saw it, it was bad, probably the most boring of the series.
>>
>>63095493

Because people want these to be good m8. We all want a good Transformers movie.

We all have the garbage we stuck with. stuck through every season of Dexter hoping it would get good again. These people have Transformers.
>>
>>63095493
Quite well, actually
>>
>>63095493
Everyone knew this was gonna suck, but plenty of people went to see just how bad. It was really bad
>>63095515
[tipping intensifies]
>>
>>63086432
It's not fun, it drags on way too much for it too be fun.
>>
>>63095470

Might as well. These movies have literally given us a different creation story at the start of each one. Bay can't pick how he wanted humanity to start and how the TFs were involved.
>>
>>63095535
Somewhere in the world, when news of a new TF movie is released, the agonized moans and screeches of the tf fans rises from the hills like fire. They seep across the land, hoping for the movie that might end their suffering. It does not come, but still, they crawl on.
>>
>>63086432

Guh, it's not even fun. It just kinda keeps going. It never sets up a plot, so whatever is happening at the moment becomes the "plot"? It's weird. We were 2 hours in and I suddenly remembered we still have to get to the Dinobots. It was taking forever.
>>
File: 1394189844320.jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1394189844320.jpg
10KB, 225x225px
I had fun watching robots fight and stuff explode everywhere, but I felt ripped off because it took so long for the goddamn Dinobots to even appear. However, the movie had 3 villains and it showed them more than ASM2 did.

I never said it was a good movie
>>
>>63095592

I'm like that with Highlander and Metroid man.

Go ahead, shit in my mouth for the nth time. I'll crawl back again.
>>
>>63095629
>highlander

I've got some bad news for you
http://www.slashfilm.com/highlander-reboot-to-be-directed-by-snow-white-and-the-huntsman-effects-supervisor/
>>
>>63095596
I got so fucking sick of the humans' scenes just dragging on and on. When we finally got to see some transformers, it was only for a moment, then back to humans, because Bay thinks we can't sympathize or connect to alien robots. So we need Mark Wahlberg, flip-flop boyfriend, and sex-appeal Daddy's girl to make you believe that bad things are happening.
>>
>>63095535
If you want a good Transformers movie, persuade everyone you know to boycott these movies on the basis of racism, sexism, misogyny, supporting the military-industrial complex, whatever.

It's only when these pieces of shit stop making inexplicable amounts of money that they'll remove the franchise from Bay's clutches and hopefully give it to a competent filmmaker.
>>
File: 1394066959369.jpg (64KB, 537x344px) Image search: [Google]
1394066959369.jpg
64KB, 537x344px
alright /co/, who would you want to direct the next Transformers movie and why?
>>
What kind of a moron would waste their time watching a Michael Bay movie?
>>
>>63095674

What made that worse was that the little family had the SAME dialogue every time they cut to them.
"I don't like you! You're the boyfriend!"
"You don't have to like me. Because I love her!"
They never talked about anything else.
>>
>>63095668

Eh, I'll give it a shot. It literally cannot be fucking worse then The Source.
>>
>>63095707
It'd have to be something like that, because let me tell you, the general public doesn't care about the sanctity of a 30 year old franchise.
>>
So how was the editing in this one?

Pretty sure this one is so long just because Bay was being lazier than usual and he didn't feel like editing worthless footage/scenes.
>>
>>63095736
I want someone to just cut out 90% of the human parts when this is released on DVD. Just enough to fill in plot points. It make the movie way to short, but that much better. Watching those character talk about the same things over and over is painful.
>>
>>63095772
It will bring you to tears and make you want to scream, "Just get back to something interesting already!"
>>
I probably would've liked this movie better if TJ Miller were in it longer
>>
File: 1403855214243.jpg (50KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1403855214243.jpg
50KB, 1024x576px
thanks Hasbro
>>
>>63095772

Lazy doesn't even begin to cover it. Prime literally peaces out so the movie can end.
>>
>>63095839
It would've been the perfect opportunity for him to turn it into a GI Joe weapon
>>
>>63095825

TJ Miller was hands down the best character. The whole family should have been the ones to get killed and he should have lived. Now THAT would have been interesting.
>>
>>63095825

michael bay comedy is fucking awful, but I did like his character
>>
>>63095751
When Sentinel Prime's body came on screen, I actually heard someone in the audience whisper "That's Megatron!"
>>
>>63095530
It wasn't him, dumbass. Bayformers is not Transformers.
>>
>>63095530
>..fucking beard?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Enough question marks for ya, bud?
>>
>>63095707
>If you want a good Transformers movie, persuade everyone you know to boycott these movies on the basis of racism, sexism, misogyny, supporting the military-industrial complex, whatever.

Guess what, these movies make a ton of money in foreign countries where they couldn't give a shit about ANY of that.

This movie is going to be one of the highest grossing movies, ever, in China.
>>
>>63095526
funnily enough, the subplot that sets up possible events in the next movie is literally lifted from Animated (which is where the Lockdown origin comes from)
>>
>>63095897

Yeah, Prime stopped being Prime and became crazy McMurder Pants in the 2nd movie for me when he ripped of his enemies face. The words "The one behind this, I will KILL." should never come out of Prime's mouth.
>>
>>63095897
It's more Transformers than Beast Wars, Animated, or any of those shitty animes were.
>>
>>63095969
That bait isn't even fucking remotely good.
>>
File: Capture (1).png (362KB, 710x364px) Image search: [Google]
Capture (1).png
362KB, 710x364px
>you just have to turn off your brain

>for the 4th time

>and for 2 hours and 45 minutes
>>
>>63095470
From the looks of it, they're going the original G1 show origin, with the TFs being built to be war machines/terraformers
Which if you think about it, that makes sense based on what we saw of the original 7 in revenge of the fallen. Basically, 6 rose above and wanted to be free of their masters, and the fallen just wanted to become the master.
>>
>>63095969
>beast wars
>bad

4chan is an 18+ website son
>>
>>63095956
Seriously, there was no emotional reaction from Prime killing a human and that was just not right.
>>
>>63095990
>implying I'm young

CGI furry shit
>>
File: 13727.jpg (59KB, 600x604px) Image search: [Google]
13727.jpg
59KB, 600x604px
>>63084889
That pic is so fucking sily.
>>
>>63095213
>super thick Japanese accent.
Well the actor is Japanese. One of the most internationally famous Japanese actors around in fact.
I find it funny that you had a problem with his accent, but not him calling Optimus "Sifu" which is reserved for combat/martial arts instructors
>>
>>63095954

How come Lockdown became so widely used after his short appearance in TFA? Not that I'm complaining, he was awesome, but interesting Bay picked HIM of all Bots.
>>
>>63096029
Probably because his character has the potential to be a badass when used properly
>>
>>63095987
The screen writer for the last two movies (yes, there is a writer) is kind of a G1 cartoon fanboy. which is why there's a few references like dOTM's plot being loosely based on the Ultimate doom for G1, and why they're seemingly hinting at the Quintesson origin, and not Primus.
>>
>>63096028

I wouldn't say I had a problem WITH the accent, more so that I missed half his lines (which is ironic cause I'm sure Drift talked the most) because of it. And I cringed very badly when he called Prime "senpai" at one point. ...Guh.
>>
>>63095981
This was, hands down, the absolute best live action Transformers film to date.

The bots had actual character, and tons of lines of dialogue, not only with humans, but among themselves.

The human element was the reverse of what we saw in previous films. Instead of the story being about humans, and the bots were just there to put the humans into the spotlight, and allow the human characters to grow, the humans were there to allow the autobots to grow. Focusing on relying on others because you have to give people second chances. It is then echoed between the autobots and dinobots.

Also, unlike all the previous films, this one didn't FEEL long at all. It had near perfect pacing.
>>
>>63095213
>IDW INVENTED THESE CHARACTERS ONLY ROBERTS CAN KILL THEM

Fuck off, Vaginamusk.
>>
am I the only one that really finds it obnoxious when franchise movies feel the need to kill characters in every movie?

now we're down to only five Autobots and four Dinobots
>>
>>63096029
He also had a very cool design that transfered over to the IDW verse very nicely. That white skull with spikes and black tattoos? Add the neat hook hand and gap in his teeth, and you got yourself a neat looking Transformers who turns into a muscle car.
>>
>>63096003
Movie prime is a more realistic prime.
This guy literally slaughtered all of his closest friends in cold blood, just because they were aliens.

you wouldn't want to kill that guy? Especially when you know you're on his list too?
>>
>>63096065

don't forget Galvatron
>>
>>63096071
The defining factor of Prime is that he never wants to just KILL anything or anyone, for any reason. Redemption is his middle name. Tolerance, patience, and understanding make him, you know, NOT a decepticon.
>>
>>63096029
Bay seems to get intrigued by concepts from a surprisingly wide spectrum of TF stuff. He wanted Tidal Wave in ROTF, for example.
>>
>>63096065

I wouldn't really say "down". The new ones keep replacing the old ones. So it's still Prime + 4 Bots. I don't know if they have the Dinobots anymore as they set them free to forelock in the grass fields of China (WTF was that???) I don't see why they can't keep the old ones too. Sell BOTH toys. You'll get more money, right?
>>
>>63096055
Actually, I'm pretty sure of the new autobots, Drift talked the least
Crosshairs clearly had the most lines, followed by Hound.
Drift just talked repeatedly. Whereas when Crosshairs or Hound talked, it was during a segment where they had conversations, or were prattling off a complaint. They got more lines, but there was more time between their lines
>>
>>63096071
I agree with the decision, but nobody even mentioned it or gave a glance back after it happened. Like, literally an emotional expression on Prime's face to show that he acknowledges what has happened to him as a character, would have been great.
>>
>>63096080
The defining factor of Optimus is that he's a toy commercial. Seriously the only Optimuses that have been any decent have been Primal, Animated Optimus, and the recent IDW Optimus. I don't get what these movies are ruining but people's projections of what Optimus was, that weren't related to what he was actually like.
>>
>>63096101

Makes it seem Bay will read half a comic or watch an episode of a saga and starting thinking how he can use them, forgetting their character and traits.
>>
>>63096107
Well Hound made a point that they're the only Autobots left alive, so unless Drift and Bumblebee fuck and make new Autobots they've pretty much written themselves into a corner. They like to sell new toys for every movie, so the only thing they can do now is just give them each new car models.
>>
>>63096080
"Megatron must be stopped. No matter the cost"
Prime's literally dying act was mortally wounding megatron in the G1 movie
G1 comics has prime killing people almost constantly (moreso now with IDW)
TFPrime Optimus killed SCORES of decepticons.

Prime's defining factor is that his actions are always, ALWAYS about saving and defending others. He never does anything for himself, only for others.

Killing a racist serial killer that's targeting him and his friends fits in that category.
>>
>>63096162
Uh. Prime had to stop him, not kill him. He would have much preferred to just, you know, fight him and stop.
>>
>>63096154
That's basically how he works, I think. He's not interested in adaptations, he just gets the gist of the franchise and library of characters, then puts his own spin on it.
>>
>>63096145

G1, BW, BM and even the Japanese RiD had Prime as a concerned father figure than anything else. Or are we remembering G1 Prime differently? remember how he was really worried about damaging Nightbird or how Red Alert was acting weird and needed to take a chill pill? BW Prime was all about picking flowers and telling everyone war is bad but you gotta do what you gotta do.
>>
>>63096132
Honestly, I think the trade off was showing what happened to the human. They didn't have to show his body.

And you can't show both his body, and the emotional reaction, without the whole thing slowing down too much.

Besides, Prime is a soldier. You just wouldn't stop in the middle of a warzone and lament. He does that later, like in the first one, when they all mourn jazz after the battle is over.
>>
>>63096154
Nah, Hasbro literally just gives him a brief presentation on stuff from TF history, maybe some quick points on characters. Once he decided to direct the first movie, they gave him a long crash course on the franchise.
>>
>>63096160
they're the only ones left on earth. They specifically mention there are others out in space
Which means the next movie quite likely will be about a new batch of transformers arriving on earth, or them finding out how to give life to transformers of their own.

Though honestly, I think the next movie will be headmasters/powermasters. It's the easiest direction to go.
>>
>>63096160
>tfw you'll never get hot dude robots washing Bay's Ferrari
>>
>>63096177

Who is letting him do this? Why is Hasbro ok with that? Why aren't the other writers telling him these are all bad ideas? Oh yeah. cause he makes billions for each movie. Fuck.

>>63096160
Pfft. Until Prime flies around for a bit and finds new bots that were sleeping under a coconut tree.
>>
>>63096189
BW, Animated, and the modern IDW comics are really the only good TF media. The G1 cartoon was incredibly simplistic and poorly written, and no gauge to how anything should be written.
>>
>>63096213
goddamn is it so much to ask for the next movie to be in space?

or is that too hard for Bay to get product placements for

>Li Bingbing's character drinking some chinese water product as if I'm supposed to know what that is
>>
>>63096224
>Who is letting him do this?

Hasbro

>Why is Hasbro ok with that?

Have you seen what Hasbro was putting out before the TF movie? It's not like they were all about staying faithful to the core concepts of G1. Hell, we'd never have Beast wars if they just stuck to the G1 formula and didn't put a new spin on it.
>>
>>63096261
Bay actually said he wouldn't be opposed to making an all-robot movie, but said has no idea who'd actually fund it.

Of course, if you're doing an all-robot movie, there's really no point in making it life-like CGI that's meant to mesh with humans. TF Prime level animation is good enough.
>>
>>63096261

But how can we connect to the humans and their boyfriend problems if we're in space!? HOW!?

I make myself laugh whenever I think of Prime just jetting out of there like it's no biggie to blast himself into space like that. I like to think Bumblebee watches him go and turns to the other Bots "Wait...we can do that!? How come nobody told me!"
>>
>>63096191
Still, I think a facial expressions, maybe not even after, but right before he has to do it, would have been better. He doesn't have to mourn or lament, just let his thoughts on the situation show for just a second. If slow-motion apple throwing is more worthy than that time, than the movie's too far gone as it is. And as the scene stands, I can see how it might slow it down too much, but I feel this is something that should have been thought f when it was being written.
>>
>>63096238
>Animated, IDW, good media
>Don't even mention Beast Machines
>G1 cartoon was poorly written

Maximum overtroll. I'm surprised you didn't say Energon was well animated while you spewing your shit nobody believes.
>>
>>63096281
>TF Prime level animation is good enough.

>>Big budget TF Prime live-action like movie.

*sigh* Don't make me dream a dream I can't have anon.
>>
>>63096300
Who under the age of 30 and anyone else who grew up with it honestly believes the G1 cartoon was well written? Fucking christ, oldfags are deluded. MUH NOSTALGIA
>>
>>63096343
It wasn't poorly written, they wrote it as a children's cartoon show and that's what it was. Anyone who thinks it was anything above that is delusional, it was what it was.
>>
>>63096343

Well you can't compare it to today's writing, like Prime. For an 80s cartoon it was still written well. With no plot outside of it's own episodes, it did a good job wrapping everything up in 22ish minutes.
"Good writing" is telling a story.
"Bad writing" is trying to tell a story and never making it.
Therefor, G1 = Good writing. Bayformers = bad writing.
>>
>>63096343
Under-30-fag here. For what it was, I like the writing. It was a fun carton for kids, and people still enjoy it because it was just that: fun.
>>
>>63085124
Which sounds much better
>>
>>63095535
As much as I loved Transformers cartoon growing up watching it now on Netflix is painful. Don't see how you guys can say the movies are worse with a straight face, those old cartoons are fucking horrible
>>
>>63096373
That's no excuse. BTAS was a kid's show.

>>63096378
it being old is no excuse. Ultimately it's not written well, nor worth remembering,except by doddering old fanboys. If it wasn't attached to a successful toyline, it'd rot away with the rest of the 80's garbage.
>>
>>63096459
BTAS was an adaptation of a very popular and pre-existing franchise

G1 was only made to sell toys with very little regard for creating a canon
>>
Still wasn't as bad as Man of Steel. Age of Extinction looks like Shakespeare compared to anything by Synder. OO Bay and Synder do a movie together what should it be???
>>
>>63096509
and because I'm fucking tired I misspelled Snyder twice fucking brain
>>
>>63096509
"The End of What You Love"
A would-be romance between a director of an up-coming adaption film and a fan of the original series. Th fan urges the director to do what's right for the series, and for the fan, but the director decides that what the fan likes what bring n the big bucks. The relationship ends in shambles, and the fan runs only the forums to listen to him. The director becomes rich and famous at the cost of what the fan loves and the audience is left feeling unsatisfied with the film and they all demand a refund. It still makes a shit ton of money
>>
Just saw it. Keep your money boys. I went imax. I cringed every tike some one clapped or cheered. I duno what went wrong. It started ok. Lost me after flying cloud of transformium decepticons. Xidnt stay for the end of the credits. Did I miss anything?
>>
>>63096261
the movies are clearly moving in that direction
They're introducing other planets that the creators have visited.
Nebulos is almost a given at this point.

But there's no real reason to make a movie about transformers with no humans. The whole point of transformers is to use their robotic and alien nature to put a spotlight onto various aspects of humanity.
>>
>>63096343
maybe not most of seasons 1 and 2, but season 3 has many amazingly well written eps
>>
>>63096622
Don't say that in TFG, they'll lynch for because MMM EARTH SUCKS HUMANS SUCK ONLY GIANT ROBOTS
>>
>>63096620
no after credits scene
bay said he didn't want to force the next director into any boxes. The way the movie ended there were three or four different directions it could take.

Also, I went to IMAX, and I would suggest any TF fan go see it.

What was your problem with it? It was literally fixing almost every single problem people had with the previous films
>>
>>63096644
I'm from /tfg/ and I say that shit all the time.

/tfg/ actually likes the movies for the most part. If you hit it the wrong time of day though, you get a large number of comic-only fans who, understandably, rarely see any great TF stories involving humans.
>>
>>63096622
People will cry muhBeast Wars, muh IDW on that post, but Transformers really need to be on earth, with humans, to work to their full premise. You don't need to focus on the humans, but really, what's the point of transforming into earth vehicles if there aren't humans to hide from?
>>
>>63096680
Even the Armada video game was better than any of those WFC or FOC games, because the environments were varied and unique being on Earth... instead of "Metal Wasteland", "Metal Wasteland", and for a change of pace "Metal Wasteland"
>>
>>63096622
Getting to see more about the transformers, like their history, is fun. But the main complaint about so much attention being placed on the humans is that they dominate the story sometimes. And while humans are needed to set up the premise of what the Transformers are, branching out from that point is completely reasonable and exciting thing to do. It let's the focus be more on the characterization of the transformers, who don't need to be human to be relatable. They just need to feel things as characters.
>>
>>63096713
There are good arguments in favor of the Armada game, but that is certainly not one of those
>>
>>63096680
Yeah.
I also like to point out that Beast Wars was basically all about saving humans, even if there weren't "human" characters
and IDW has literally half their comics interacting with humans.
And honestly, we're still not QUITE where we need to be in CG to be able to convincingly show realistic emotional depth in acting.

The upcoming ninja turtle film kind of shows how far off we still are.
Maybe by TF6.

But I think that'll be the key. When they switch to motion capturing actors on miniature sets, that's when we'll start to see excessive amounts of TFs, without needing the human factor

But holy crap, Lockdown was pretty good. And Hound. The fact that they switched from the "metal shrapnel" look to "segmented humanoid faces" for most of the new characters shows they want them to be more emotive.
>>
>>63096662

I guess I expected more characters.. at least villians. Or like a lead to unicron or something. I really liked the solid vehicle to robot traformation. And the flying cloud of matrix robot cubes was dumb. Seemed lazy. Galvatron and lockdown. I duno.. and galvatron was barely a character. . They should have thrown in nemesis prime... had the cia frame optimus in a smear campaign to make the general pop support their cause to kill all transformers. I duno im laying here smoking. And that already sounds like a better movie
>>
>>63096736
but the primary reason for giving us history lessons on the transformers IS them explaining their history to humans.
If that's what you enjoy, you'll be hard pressed to find the lore without the humans involved.
>>
>>63096756
Galvatron was basically Nemesis Prime and Megatron combined
>>
>>63084839
>'transformium'
>Lockdown
>Galvatron
I'm literally going to vomit

>>63096713
>Armada video game
>better than WoC or FoC
Congratulations on having never played any of the aforementioned games. And transformers doesn't really need to be on Earth anymore, the universe has expanded and become well-understood enough that the characters can stand on their own. That's like saying that TMNT only works if they're in the sewers under NYC. While that is their definitive origin, TMNT has proven before that they can go damn near wherever they want and succeed as characters just as well.
>>
>>63096774
Hate to do it, but I' going to say IDW. Because as a continuity, it branched off to show how transformers react to their own history and lore, which I feel is a better way of introducing it than just telling people about it.
>>
>>63096713
Yeah, I like the appeal of giant, sentient robots in a world not built for them.With purely Cybertronian settings, it feels sort of pointless to have them be transforming robots. I like this TF2007 storyboard piece because of how much presence the autobots have.

>>63096751
I love BW and all, but I also realize that the reason the cartoon wasn't like the toy bios was due to the budget constraints. Hasbro seems to have intended the BW story to be on modern-Earth.
The IDW crack is mostly based on this recent half with RiD and MTMTE. Heck, the early IDW stuff before those two series might as well be a whole different continuity to some people. No one seems to remember the -ations now.
>>
>>63096778
>it turns into a bad guy truck!
>NEMESIS PRIME

>tfw you've been replaced
>>
>>63096756
>galvatron was barely a character
He was literally not a character for most of the film. He was a programmed robot that occasionally resisted. He wasn't the villain, he was the complication.
In the sense that there wasn't an array of bad guy characters, like there was in Revenge of the Fallen (Megs, Screamer, Fallen, Soundwave) or DotM (Megs, Sentinel, Soundwave, Shock... shockwave doesn't count. Let's be honest, he was not actually a character, just a threat) That's true, but only because the additional roles were being taken by several human bad guys.

For the bulk of the film, the autobots basically have 4 villains. 2 cia, 1 billionaire (that has galvatron as lackey) and lockdown.
>>
>>63084889
>plot is literally MUH MAGICKAL MCGUFFIN all over again
God damnit Bay
>>
>>63096819
Are you contending that it was an homage to Motormaster?
>>
>>63096837
dude Transformers has just been full of McGuffins ever since the Matrix was created. The entire last half of TFPrime Season 2 was just McGuffin hunts.
>>
>>63096801
comics don't count, they have massive amounts of narration that a movie can't have.

Also, the sheer VOLUME of content would be impossible to translate.

12 issues of MTMTE would barely address maybe 2 aspects of cybertronian history/lore and take a minimum of AoE runtime to tell.

Here we get A) what transformers are made of B) an understanding of the overall age of the transformers, as well as their creation C) the clear establishment of what a spark is to them, D) the knights history, Prime's place in them
E) lockdown's role, his bounty hunting, his trophies, his ship, etc

Seriously, maybe 24 issues (one year of both RID and MtMtE) would cover those same topics, and yeah, they'd give you more detail about them, but to make that into a movie you'd be talking about damn near it's own trilogy.
>>
>>63096854
No, he's pointing out that before there was nemesis prime, MotorMaster was "the evil prime"

Guiltor notwithstanding
>>
>>63096172
Considering the transformers were all being hunted like Jews in Nazi Germany and he was the cause I think Prime was justified.
>>
>>63096884
I feel those explanations in the movie were unfulfilling, as the we only get glimpses to keep the plot moving. Obviously, the autobots don't know who their creators are, why not a movie about them, as a team going out and finding this out? The length of AOE would be enough to cover that. And while they could just as easily learn about it on Earth, I guarantee you, the reactions of the transformers would be downplays in favor of emphasizing the danger this holds to humans. And I don't see why comics shouldn't count in pointing out something can be done. Narration can be replaced with charter dialogue and action.
>>
>> 63096828
Exactly.

From the first preview I thought this was the big lead up to unicron. Like galvatron was the dude that kills optimus right at the beginning. He was going to drop in on earth like silver surfer preparing the earth for galactus killing any threats. Introduce ultra magnus, who later gives his spark to revive optimus in some epic "you should lead us optimusssss" they could have brought in hotrod, the pink girl one. I duno. I thought this movie was going to have some master plan to it like it finally would be refined and a hood solid direction. After seeing it, I call it for what it is. A cash cow. They just shit these movies out every couple years to trick people like me. Oh well at least the ride at universal is fun.

> OPTIMUSSSSSSSSSS!!! 1!! 1
>>
>>63096974
>g. Obviously, the autobots don't know who their creators are, why not a movie about them, as a team going out and finding this out? The length of AOE would be enough to cover that.

Pretty sure the next movie is meant to be about that.
>>
>>63096974
*typos, I need to sleep
>>
>>63096990
Exactly, and that's why people are hoping it will focus more heavily on the transformers, if not phasing out the humans altogether
>>
>>63095839
is that a fat bearded Shia LaBeouf?
>>
>>63096974
You can't compare a novel to a movie can you?
It's not fair to compare anything in a media so far removed from another type of media to each other.

What you want is a TV series.

Can you think of a movie that functions like that? All the sci fi movies I can think of fall under a rather minimal level of world building and lore building.

Look at the first few star wars movies even. What did we know about the jedi? Nothing. We got tiny bits of info here and there.

The prequels came along and basically were giant info dumps

and those were aweful (for far more reasons than just that, mind you)

Look at any star trek movie. Or aliens movie. Or predator movie. or terminator movie. Or planet of the apes (which had a comparatively massive amount of world building, but still only roughly the amount of history/lore we got in Revenge of the Fallen)

It's not that it cannot be done, it's that it would take basically the best directors, the best writers, and the best producers to do it.

You want the citizen kane of transformers, then you shouldn't be wondering why "it's so hard" to make it.
>>
Also, dat oreo transmorfer.

Oreoium.
>>
>>63097078
I'm not saying it wouldn't be hard. All I really want is more focus on the Transformers ad one of the best ways to do that might be to have a ranching off movie about the transformers doing something on their own for once. That way we get to see what they feel, more of how they react to their situations. They don't need to recreate the transformers universe in it's entirety in one movie.
>>
>>63097169
>more focus on the transformers
this movie had a fuckton of focus on them though
pretty much as soon as optimus decided to fight, the only scenes that didn't have transformers in them were the bad guys plotting together, the chinese girl kicking ass outside the elevator, and yaeger's hail mary play.
>>
>>63097197
I gotta disagree, I think the scenes with the people in the dragged on for to long.
>>
>>63097237
How is that related?
I said that there was tons of focus, the primary focus, on the transformers.

and that the only time that it wasn't in focus was the occasional breaks in action, showing the downtime of humans (which largely revolved around the villain characters, I'd like to point out)

what are you saying?

Are you saying you just didn't like how much screen time the humans got, or are you saying you didn't like how much screen time the bots got. Because those are not the same thing.

If your complaint is not seeing enough of the bots and their history, I don't see how much more you could want without eliminating earth entirely as the setting (defeating the majority of motivation for Prime)

If you're complaint is "too much humans" then I don't see why you like transformers at all.
>>
>>63084839
>Transformium
>not energon

you can't be serious?
>>
Optimus Prime: Ironhide, you know we don't harm humans! What is with you?
>>
File: don't talk shit.png (132KB, 297x245px) Image search: [Google]
don't talk shit.png
132KB, 297x245px
>>63097372
>you in charge of fact checking
>>
>>63097372
Transformium is the branding that the human company gives the metal.

In lore, it's generally referred to as Cybertronium by the Cybertronians (since it's a metal unique to their planet)
>>
File: 1403861269779.gif (3MB, 352x168px)
1403861269779.gif
3MB, 352x168px
>>63095839
>>
why doesnt prime just fucking FLY everywhere instead of driving around?
>>
>>63097908
NANOMACHINES, SON
>>
>>63095839
No
NONONONONONONONO
>>
>>63097908
Wait,that actually HAPPENS in the movie?!

Ok Bay,shut up and take my money.
>>
>>63096980

But this IS a hood direction. It literally sets up the very next movie instead of ending it all so that the second one has to revive characters and shit to keep it going like the first trilogy did.

Besides Unicron fucking sucks. He has no motivation other than eating shit, he will never succeed in anything since Earth can't be eaten and he has no personality either, all he does is spew out cliche ALL SHALL END apocalyptic lines.
>>
>>63098277

It's not the only one reference to other Hasbro shit. Pretty sure i saw a Carebear toy in someone's room and a GI JOE poster.
>>
>>63098304
Not for the reference but because the thing itself. I find it kinda lol.
>>
File: Cyb_ep40.jpg (73KB, 567x427px) Image search: [Google]
Cyb_ep40.jpg
73KB, 567x427px
>>63096145
>Seriously the only Optimuses that have been any decent have been Primal, Animated Optimus, and the recent IDW Optimus
>>
>>63098418
Why did you post a picture of garbage, son?
>>
File: 1403861491026.jpg (474KB, 1024x1728px) Image search: [Google]
1403861491026.jpg
474KB, 1024x1728px
>>63097908
Fixed.
>>
>>63084839
Bump
Fucking Bay
>>
>>63096071
yeah but Prime is supposed to be a scientist. Not a cold blooded murder machine super soldier. Sure, he ended up being a good warrior, but he had to grow into that. And even then, he always kept his pacifist ways when possible.
>>
>>63098418
Toy was great, but the show was pretty boring, and yet I watched it all.
>>
DiMaggio and Goodman were fun.
>>
Wait why do things keep changing for how Transformers work?

I mean first it was the cube that had made energon,
then there was the world eating machine that made energon (and possbily the cube),
and then I don't believe they made it completely canon in the movie, but the prequel comic had it that the cube was actually able to convert solar energy into energon for a constant no-war-needed supply (at least thats what happened int he prequel comic)
and now TRANSFORMIUM?

... welp, good thing I waited to hear the summary on 4chan before seeing it.
I think I can hold out on seeing this till I can download it.
>>
Dinobots don't show up until 2 hours in

Movie is 2 hours and 45 minutes

what the fuck, why would Bay even make such a long movie? Wouldn't it cost more, be harder to do? Why the fuck does he care anyway?
>>
>>63097908

Wait. Why is the model for the horse so jittery? It's not moving properly with his hand motions. The CGI animators for this movie can't be THAT sloppy.
>>
Sounds nice.
>>
File: 4e52356254673375.jpg (156KB, 595x842px) Image search: [Google]
4e52356254673375.jpg
156KB, 595x842px
I like to pretend that Barricade is alive and is/was being held captive in the basement and is being experimented on to figure out how the living metal stuff works. He's the only Con that wasn't killed on or off script.
>>
File: gotta melt fast.jpg (59KB, 364x335px) Image search: [Google]
gotta melt fast.jpg
59KB, 364x335px
>There are people on /co/ who ACTUALLY like the Transformers movies
Disgusting
How many people here who actually liked them liked Man of Steel and Amazing Spider-man 2, too, I wonder?
>>
Unless someone else already pointed it out, the worst part of it all is, there going to be more movies. This shitty movie didn't end, it's "To be Continue."
>>
File: CIMG7882_zppp.jpg (255KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
CIMG7882_zppp.jpg
255KB, 480x640px
>cartoon network tf toy contests

Why and how is CN still trying to cash in on TF? I figured any Hasbro contests would be on the Hub.
>>
>>63100580
how are you this dense
energon is their energy, it's what gives their bodies life
the cube is a giant container of energon (and memories/history)
The second movie established that they POWER said cubes with the energy of a star (massive nuclear power)
the movie itself made it abundently clear.
Now, transformium is what their BODIES are made of.

humans figured out how to program it directly (instead of organically, having it adapt as needed)
>>
>>63101109
no, it's specifically the thing they were using to make the object. It's unstable.
>>
>>63096854
>yfw Galvatron in TF4 was going to be MotorMaster
>>
>>63103810

I got a little excited that maybe it was going to be Nemesis Prime when they couldn't force him to transform into something else besides the truck.
>>
>>63102488
Man of Steel was so bad and Amazing Spiderman 2 was okay.
>>
File: Tips fedora?.jpg (48KB, 600x402px) Image search: [Google]
Tips fedora?.jpg
48KB, 600x402px
>>63102488
Well are you bothered that /co/ likes mindless, badly-written, excessively violent, and sometimes pretty blatantly sexist and racist films, or simple, whimsical stories originally intended for children?
>>
>>63103867
I think you got confused
they were trying to make him a truck
the problem was that he kept having a very scary bot mode.
>>
>>63102488
>Man of Steel
What's not to like?
It had everything I wanted in a superman movie.

I guess having Pa Kent die so young and having supes have to "find himself" before becoming a superhero was a bit lame.
>>
>>63102451
Barricade is killed in DOTM. Or at the very least, a look a like.
>>
>>63095213
>-Cyclonus wasn't in it (BUT I FEAR HE WILL BE NOW).

The only reason I was hyped for this movie was because I heard a rumor that he WAS in it.

Then I found out he wasn't, and that the movie was almost 3 fucking hours...yeah, I'm not gonna waste my money now
>>
File: Wow.png (23KB, 508x186px) Image search: [Google]
Wow.png
23KB, 508x186px
Hilarious.
>>
>>63104102

He could have been. Just pick on those FakeCons and call him Cyclonus. I noticed they said Drift's name, not once! So when I talked (read as bitched) about him, when I said his name non of my friends knew what I was referring to.
>>
This guy took the words from my mouth!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7CcNY5w4MU
>>
>>63105476
fuck off with your viral shit
no one cares about your shitty reviews
>>
File: They will join you in the sun.jpg (76KB, 416x416px) Image search: [Google]
They will join you in the sun.jpg
76KB, 416x416px
>Bay and screenwriter Ehren Kruger pepper the scenes between explosions and dire comic relief with a few ideas about personal freedom. In one key moment, a Transformer declares “I’m a slave to no one!” The line “We all work for someone” gets repeated several times. In the big climax, the Autobots release the Dinobots, who have been imprisoned by Lockdown, to battle Joyce’s mass-produced, factory-built Transformers, which Optimus claims have no souls. And yet this paean to freedom and screed against soulless consumerism is jammed with wall-to-wall product placement, including a sequence where a Transformer destroys a beer truck just so the camera can linger over its spilled cargo of Bud Light. Wahlberg dutifully pops one open and chugs it down. It’s a dismal episode worthy of Bud Light’s current slogan, “Welcome to Whatever, USA.” That might as well be Age Of Extinction’s slogan too.
>Bay said on several occasions that he wasn’t interested in making a fourth Transformers, and yet here he is at the helm of another feature-length commercial for toys and beer and energy drinks and lingerie. We all work for someone.
>>
Sorry for ur butthurt, but as I said, he took the words from my mouth!!!
>>
>>63103972
You wanted despair, cynicism, ham-handed handling of themes and symbolism, a hugely unsaturated color filter, and the guy from Waterworld in a Superman movies?
>>
>>63105767
>the guy from Waterworld

seriously? That's what you're going with? Not Field of dreams or Dances with wolves?
>>
>>63105812
But those are good movies
>>
I had below the ground expectations for this of course, but the first 20 minutes really gave my hopes up.

>>Start off with TJ Miller
Oh...that's awesome. He's a very good actor and one of my personal favorite human beings, so that was surprising to see him. And out of all the humans, he was the only one that made the theater laugh.
>>Somewhat emotional Ratchet death
Not bad. Clearly going for the heart strings. Oh no, not the little Autobot we kinda knew for a little bit. But like Ironhide in 3, I was literally "meh"ing at him dying. But, yes, give me more 1 on 1 robots killing each other face to face, rather then throwing a sword in their direction and cutting them in half.
>>Prime is super freaked out that his Autobots are being captured and he's too damaged to do anything about it.
Oh? What's this? Fartherly-like emotion coming from Prime? Concern? Hmm, ok. I like it. I'm kinda excited to see how he reacts to Ratchet's death now.
>>Evil Humans working with Lockdown
Interesting. I was curious to find out what Lockdown's game was. Why he wanted Prime so bad. Always love a bounty hunter storyline to see if Prime was going to get captured. Maybe even has his own little Bumblebee sad part a-la 1st movie?
>>TJ Miller dies
It was at this point the movie started to go downhill.

After this you get them throwing in some DNA metal fuckery, Transofmatisum, whatever. Shoving Galvatron in there, some CIA thing, humans and their boyfriend problems thing, make robots by humans, finding some seed, those weird Predacon thingys. (No, those were not Dinobots. And they never said Grimlock by name, so those were clearly some Predacon thingys from Prime). And just blah.
>>
>>63105900
Ah so they'd ruin your skewed point. got it.
>>
>>63106279
No
Because Kevin Costner still made Waterworld
Its like pointing out how Hitler was nice to dogs.
>>
>>63100866

> why would Bay even make such a long movie?

lazyness

> Wouldn't it cost more, be harder to do?

No, it would actually cost less and be easier if he didn't bother too much with the editing, thus making the movie longer than what it should.

>Why the fuck does he care anyway?

he doesn't, he didn't want to make a 4th one
>>
>>63106733
>he doesn't, he didn't want to make a 4th one

Why do I get the feeling he says this after he finished it, knew it was awful, and will now stick it after the fans all hate (again for the 4th time).

Fans:This movie was awful!
Bay:I know, I didn't even want to work on it...

But if it was amazing:

Fans: That was amazing!!!
Bay: Well I really didn't want to do it...but then I really tried!
>>
>>63085359
I would've preferred if ONLY Galvatron transformed like that, not all the other drones.
>>
>>63084839
>You now realize that marvel/disney is trying to get bay to do the lang antman movie.
>>
>>63107444

Is there a CAMRIP in English for the Movie
>>
>>63101109
iirc it was floating and he just then put his hands up to it, he wasn't actually supporting its weight
>>
>>63084889
Why does the dinobot need a tongue?
>>
>>63111104
they eat bots
tongues help move food around in your mouth
>>
>>63105767
other than Kevin Costner, we got none of that
and yes, of COURSE I want the guy from waterworld
waterworld was awesome
>>
>>63109627
How bout you just go watch it?
>>
>>63096057
This. I'm serious.
>>
>>63096057
I'll agree with this. Though it was so fucking long that I was ready to jump out of my seat. They should have cut out so much pointless shit.
>>
>>63096057

>Also, unlike all the previous films, this one didn't FEEL long at all. It had near perfect pacing.

I'm calling bullshuit on this part, but the rest is accurate.
>>
>>63096057
See, that's all I wanted. I didn't expect some major come-back by Bay, but he managed to solve my two major problems with the movies by giving the Autobots more personality, and making them not so reliant on human supoport. Did they get ANY military support in this movie?
>>
>>63116439
Nope
But Mark Wahlberg helped fight Lockdown with his ALIEN GUN
>>
>>63096057
Calling it the best Transformers film really doesn't mean anything when the other films are all rock bottom terrible. Sure, me pissing in your face is better than me pooping on your face, but that doesn't make it any good in of itself.
>>
>>63116655
That actually wins points with me for it's ridiculousness alone
>>
>>63116742
it's the prettiest turd in the toilet bowl
>>
File: 1403868258744.gif (1MB, 200x100px) Image search: [Google]
1403868258744.gif
1MB, 200x100px
>>63085281
>>63085319
>>63085335
>>63085405
It's true.
>>
>>63117103
I wouldn't expect Hasbro to be okay with turning one of its most famous and marketable ponies into a fucking gun. An anon in a previous thread said something about Hasbro not liking the adult humour and stuff, wich makes me assume that they don't have too much control over the project as Bay and Paramount; I wonder if this is a case of that.
And it should have been Pinkie Pie.
>>
>>63117849
RD is the most popular one

She's always in EVERY SINGLE merchandising picture. Or this or Hasbro just fucking loves her

Can't blame them
>>
Starscream is still dead isn't he?
>>
>>63117911
That has nothing to do with the intention of my post...
>>
>>63117946

Yeah you can see his head on the disection table in KSI
>>
>>63117911
fuck off brony
>>
Who was your favorite new 'bot?
>>
Michael Bay says the haters will go see the movie anyway: http://www.thewrap.com/transformers-age-of-extinction-michael-bay-haters/
How right is he?
>>
>>63118699
Wait, which one is that? I know its not Optimus or Bumblebee because they actually have color schemes... but hmmm so many look just like that guy....
>>
>>63119024
Flying vehicon in AoE, I think it was originally supposed to be Cyclonus
>>
>>63118699

Honestly? I really liked Lockdown for how simple he was. He had a cool alt mode, good design presence, his style of fighting felt distinct and surgical yet brutal. It was fun seeing him on screen. He actually felt like a threat, unlike in the last two movies.
>>
>>63118699
Goodman/Hound.
>>
>>63118699
Crosshairs should have been Roadbuster
>>
File: Bronies, this is your mindset.png (26KB, 307x156px) Image search: [Google]
Bronies, this is your mindset.png
26KB, 307x156px
>>63117103
>>
File: AllianceOptimusHoloDriver.jpg (81KB, 752x396px) Image search: [Google]
AllianceOptimusHoloDriver.jpg
81KB, 752x396px
Do you think Peter Cullen is actively trying to make the Bay movie Prime more aggressive and deadly, or is he just saying whatever he reads on the script?

After ROTF, I chalked it down to a fluke, but this, christ this was a side of Optimus I've never seen before.
>>
>>63119701
It's Bay.
>>
>>63119775
That would indicate that Cullen's just saying whatever he's reading

so none of this really bothers him
>>
>>63119856
Cullen's just a voice actor, he's not really attached to Optimus, he was just surprised so many people cared about the fact he died in the cartoon movie
>>
>>63119856

Actualy during DOTM he admited it bothered him but he was fine as long as Optimus was fighting for the innocent
>>
>>63119856
>so none of this really bothers him
He initially tried to get them to change "We will kill them all." because he thought it sounded out of character for Optimus, but Bay and Paramount vetoed him.

He can suggest things, but otherwise if they tell him to do it, he does it. When it comes down to it, he is a VA, and will be professional, it is his job after all.
>>
>>63120014
>>63119959
>>63119945
>>63119856
>>63119775
>>63119701

I can understand Optimus finally having lost his shit after all this, but "I'LL KILL YOU" is just... weird.
>>
>>63105684
Age of Extinction is actually Bay's plea to let him stop making the movies.
>>
>>63120104
weirder than "Give me your face"?
>>
>>63095848
... umm
>>
>>63120104
It reminds me of when Primal "lost his shit" in the last two beast wars episodes
>>
>>63120014
>This guy who has played the character for longer than some of these other people have probably had their carrers
>is probably more knowledgeable about how the character would act in a situation on experience alone
>outvoted by an ADHD cocaine addled director and money grubbing producers
>>
>>63120226
That's what happens when you are "merely" the talent trying to tell the people cutting your checks what to do!
>>
>>63119701
way back in the beginning, Cullen took issue
but there was an interview where basically Bay talked with him and said "this isn't the same prime because this isn't the same megatron. Megatron is a true monster here"
ANd cullen came around to it.

This still gets brought up pretty regularly at cons though.
>>
>>63119945
>he's not really attached to Optimus
he's extremely attached, since Optimus is basically his brother
>>
>>63121815

>Megatrons a true monster here
>Spent decades frozen
>dies
>Basically serves as second in command to two other assholes in every subsequent film
>Dies again
This Megatron has been the most ineffectual Megatron I've ever witnessed.
>>
>>63118159
>Pointing an obvious fact
>DUUUURRRRR YOU ARE A BRONY

Sure, whatever.
>>
>>63100193

Highly agreed. I was happy to hear a regular voice actor in here, and Goodman's...just fun no matter what. "I'm like a fat ballerina!"
>>
>>63118835
Very right.
Trannies have battered wife syndrome.
>>
Did anyone else love the rubix cube/windows screen saver transformations?
>>
>>63095897
>Bayformers is not Transformers.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FanonDiscontinuity
>>
>>63116742
News flash: People have different opinions than yours.

And yes, some actually enjoy others pissing in their faces.
Thread posts: 307
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.