[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why doesn't this board have a sticky? If I want to do cooking,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: 1449931632644.png (29KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1449931632644.png
29KB, 633x758px
why doesn't this board have a sticky?
If I want to do cooking, where do I start?
>>
>>7378295
http://ck.booru.org/

Have fun.
>>
>>7378295
If you're old enough to post on thus site, then you should already be competent at cooking and knowledgeable enough to just join a discussion. Does /fa/ have a sticky that teaches you how to tie your shoelaces? Does /o/ have a sticky that explains the function of a steering wheel? How the fuck do you reach adulthood without basic cooking knowledge? If you don't already know how to put together some simple meals, go ask your parents why they failed you.
>>
>>7378295
>If I want to do cooking, where do I start?
With a pan and an egg, anon.
When you have mastered that dish then come back for your next challenge.
>>
>>7378637
This desu.
>>
>>7378295
Just pick a recipe that looks simple, and try cooking it. If any terminology escapes you, look it up.

The internet generation is paralyzed by fear of failure. Failing is where you get your lessons. Try something, if you fuck it up, figure out what went wrong and try again. More importantly just attempt anything that interests you. This is the key to getting shit done.
>>
File: 22GRILLCHICKEN-articleLarge[1].jpg (106KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
22GRILLCHICKEN-articleLarge[1].jpg
106KB, 600x400px
>>7378295
Listen up nigger, but not too closely because you'd have to be literally retarded to fuck this up.

>2tbsp soy sauce
>2tsp Worcestershire
>a 2-inch knob of ginger, peeled and then grated
>3 garlic cloves, grated
>2 limes

Throw all this into a bowl and mix it.

Now dump it into some kind of oven-safe container. Throw your chicken breasts in there. Cover both sides of the chicken in the sauce, leave it to marinate for at least two hours, at most four.

After it's marinated, either throw it on the grill or in a pan in some olive oil.

That's it.
>>
>>7378734
By "2 limes" I mean the JUICE of two limes btw, but I'm sure you knew that.
>>
>>7378739
assume nothing
>>
>>7378739
what about the zest, anon?!?
>>
>>7378295
just fucking cook something.
choose something you like, find a recipe on line, make it
>>
>>7378295
Honestly, watch Gordon Ramsay's home cooking videos on youtube.

Don't try to make everything but just absorb how he goes about putting a dish together.
He keeps it very simple.
>>
>>7378295
www.google.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vp8vd4X3IGg
>>
We don't a sticky because nothing about cooking is universal.
Dishes, ingredients, techniques, equipment all vary considerably across the globe. No information of note is relevant to everyone.
>>
>>7378754
>nothing about cooking is universal.
You have no idea what you are talking about you ridiculous turd.
>>
>>7378754
>using heat isn't universal
Nothing about music is really universal either but we have a sticky at /mu/
>>
>>7378788
>/mu/
Literally the worst board on 4chan.
>>
>>7378788
There's literally nothing of any importance in /mu/'s sticky.
>>
>>7378790
Have you been to a little board called /v/?
>>
>>7378754

I would agree that traditional dishes, ingredients, and equipment vary greatly.

But techniques are largely universal. Grilling works the same whether its an American backyard BBQ or a Yakitori shop in Japan. Sauteing in a French skillet uses the same principles as sauteing in a wok. Steaming in a Chinese bamboo steamer is no different than using a western-style steamer insert in a pot. Lacto-fermentation of Korean kimchi is the same as German sourkraut. Drying African biltong is the same process as American jerky. And so on.
>>
>>7378796
It's much better than /mu/
>>
>>7378808
I agree.
There is literally no reason for /ck/ not to have a sticky.
>>
>>7378637
You are very, very stupid.
>>
>>7378730
It isn't that simple if you don't have much money. For some people, it's a case of going hungry if you fuck up.
>>
>>7378833
>There is literally no reason for /ck/ not to have a sticky.

It's redundant. Cookbooks, websites, and cooking videos already exist and are far more informational than a sticky ever would be. Why re-invent the wheel when better solutions already exist?
>>
ah yes. the weekly "can we have a sticky? we are going to have a sticky anyways, so what would you put in the sticky" thread

no sticky. get over it. stop being so new. get yourself a blog no one will read to feed your own self importance.
>>
>>7378857
>It isn't that simple if you don't have much money.

A person with an internet connection and a device to access it surely has money to purchase ingredients for basic meals....especially since he's likely eating out currently, which is a lot more costly than cooking from scratch.

>> For some people, it's a case of going hungry if you fuck up.

That would have to be a really major fuckup for it to be truly inedible. Most cooking mistakes are still edible, just not perfect.
>>
>>7378851
Too inept to even join in on sandwich threads?
>>
Start off with canned soup. Heat it up in a pot. Simple. You can and probably have already done this.

Next, move on to pastas. If you've made ramen or mac and cheese from a box, this should be easy. Put the pasta into boiling water and, depending on the pasta and if you like it firm or soft, cook 8-10 minutes (check package for recommended cook times), then drain in a colander over the sink. Make some sauce from a packet, like alfredo or pesto, or heat up some canned crushed tomatoes in a pan (you can also try jarred sauce but recommendation from people who actually like tomatoes dictates crushed, canned tomatoes). Combine, enjoy.

After pasta, try rice, where the water-food ratio actually counts. Follow package directions.

Next, learn to cook meat in a pan. You can start with sausages or bacon. You just toss them in a pan and turn them over so that they brown/crisp evenly on all sides.

Next, make scrambled eggs. Just crack a couple eggs in a bowl, add a splash of milk, mix well, then pour it in a hot pan and use a spatula/wooden spoon (if non-stick) or a fork (if plain metal) to mix it up when areas start to turn solid/opaque so it's all evenly cooked.

Then you can move on to french toast. French toast is just bread dipped in scrambled egg mixture and cooked in a pan with a bit of butter. Flip it and cook both sides evenly. Your goal here is to not burn it.

Then you can try grilled cheese, which is just a cheese sandwich cooked in a pan with a bit of butter. Again, don't burn it. American cheese slice singles are standard because they melt more easily, but I personally find them disgusting, so I'll recommend slicing your own preferred cheese for it. I like cheddar.

These are just some simple recipes that help you exercise basic kitchen skills. After getting a feel for the kitchen, go find a more complicated recipe. Something you think is delicious. I recommend a roast, quiche, or stirfry. Follow the recipe as closely as you can.
>>
>>7378909
>can
>ramen
>from a box
>packet
>canned
>milk in scrambled eggs
Stop giving advice :)
>>
>>7378813
back to /v/eddit faggot
>>
File: 1944-mens-classic-sport-coat-01.jpg (96KB, 646x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1944-mens-classic-sport-coat-01.jpg
96KB, 646x1000px
>>7378295
If you want cooking advice then try Reddit. I know it gets slagged down by 4Chan but it really is a good place to learn.
/ck/ is strictly for trolling fast food addicts, weebs and the socially inadequate.
>>
>>7378295
literally youtube recipes

if you can't follow your average youtuber's simple recipes, kill yourself
>>
>>7378932
>Reddit
gtfo
>>
>>7378932
Please just fuck off and never return
>>
>>7378938
careful with that edge, son.
>>
>>7378901
>A person with an internet connection and a device to access it

I don't disagree with your general point, but you can walk into a store and get a brand new smartphone for like 50 cents a day. It's hardly a mark of decadence these days.
>>
>where do I start?
turn your oven on and stick your head inside
>>
>>7378964
I kek'd
>>
>>7378919
He's asking for starting advice. Cans are fine for that.

And I'm not saying he SHOULD make ramen, I'm saying he might have made ramen or Kraft mac and cheese as a teen.

Also milk in scrambled eggs is great if you cook it down, get the heck out of here
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.