[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will whole mung beans make me farty like regular beans? Can I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

Will whole mung beans make me farty like regular beans? Can I soak them to un-fartify them?
>>
If you sprout them they will be easier to digest.
Check out sproutpeople.com for info.
>>
>>7373285
I'm using them in a curry so no I'm not going to "sprout" them, whatever the fuck that means.
>>
This website lists the sum of raffinose and stachyose as 2.2%, citing OSU
http://www.newtreatments.org/fromweb/fos.html

This study found 1.9% in their sample
https://www.parrots.org/pdfs/our_publications/psittascene/2012/extras/sprouting/mung%20bean%20sprouts.pdf

These values are similar to other legumes and will lead to flatulence.

Soaking reduced the levels to 1.5%, soaking and boiling to 1.3%. Sprouting reduced the value to 0%.

The beans in the study were soaked uncooked, however soaking after a short boil is more effective because it destroys the cell walls first. Of course then you still have to boil again for 15 minutes to destroy lectins.
>>
>>7373310
You sprout them like you would any seeds-
- soak 24-48 hrs
- keep damp but not submerged in water
- rinse occasionally
- the lentils should sprout after a few days

Sprouting the lentils shouldn't change anything that has to do with how you cook them. You don't need to sprout them to where they have long taproots; a tiny rootlet just poking out is fine.
>>
Did you try it op?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.