[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>realize I don't have anything for dinner >no ideas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: 1323894965230.jpg (115KB, 435x435px) Image search: [Google]
1323894965230.jpg
115KB, 435x435px
>realize I don't have anything for dinner
>no ideas
>want to make something new
>come to /ck/ for inspiration
>whole board filled with shit
>there's like 3 threads with actual results
>only 2-3 examples per thread
>on the whole Food & Cooking board
>every tiem

I'm starting to think at least 76% of the people here don't even bother making anything nice
Or maybe the ones that do don't bother sharing

Anyway, maybe this will be an inspiration thread
>>
Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich, but with 'cha
>>
File: 1340159664407.jpg (28KB, 499x290px) Image search: [Google]
1340159664407.jpg
28KB, 499x290px
I cook at work all day errday I come here to unwind and shitpost
>>
>>7371739
Fucking this everytime
>>
File: 1449179263080.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1449179263080.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
>>
We don't all just post what we cook every single day

If I need inspiration I scroll through yummly for five minutes or maybe search by ingredient.

I rotate my proteins every time I cook so I usually know what I'm going to cook, just not how
>>
>>7371739
Where did you get 76% from?
>>
File: ainsley3520.jpg (525KB, 1600x1530px) Image search: [Google]
ainsley3520.jpg
525KB, 1600x1530px
you've been here before and you still think this is a place to come for inspiration and/or good recipes?
>>
File: N5BI.gif (3MB, 435x245px) Image search: [Google]
N5BI.gif
3MB, 435x245px
>>7371739
4chan is an itinerant dog-fucking website populated by 90%+ idiots and people who can barely interact with other humans. why would you come here for inspiration? most of the normies got tired of this place and left for leddit years ago -you're left with almost solely the scum of the earth

go to supercook and type in what ingredients you have. go to ck.booru if you just want to browse pictures. go to seriouseats, allrecipes, bonappetit or any one of numerous other websites to just look around until you see something you like.

outside of a very few boards like /diy/ that the average 4chin user will have no use for, this place is shit.
>>
>>7371755
my ass, obviously
(but in all seriousness, I don't like how 70% looks like, 75% is even worse and too "round", and 80% was a bit too much, so)

>>7371764
it's more of a vent thing than a surprise unfortunately

>>7371796
this actually contained useful info, thank you anon

I'll try to only browse for the lolz and perhaps bragging
>>
>Or maybe the ones that do don't bother sharing

bingo

i used to do cookalongs and it's just not worth the effort you just get 'bump for interest' and people demanding verticals and a metric fuckton of people questioning every decision you make.
>>
>>7371739
Three threads I didn't make: The NY strip I grilled last night, the prep and rub of my pork ribs afterward and the grilling and cooking of those ribs later today.

It's all good tasting and great looking food but none of the information is groundbreaking or hasn't been posted already. It would be a waste of time.
>>
>>7371988
I'm fine with people just giving a brief list of what they put in and overall indications

it's stupid overly-reacting to what people put in their own fuckin food

I've rarely cooked anything 'by the book'
Half way through I realize I'm missing something or forgot the other and I improvise a bit

but I'm not gonna spend time putting together a fucking collage with text typed in and everything

I've barely ever taken pictures in between steps

so what was the last thing you made anon?

my last few things were:
>the simplest bacon+onion+champignon+parsley and fusilli
>sort of a chinese soup
>a friend helped me make some Nasi (~indonesian fried rice and chicken)
>>
>>7372012

last thing i made was a sort of sri lankan breakfast of potato and egg curry, lentils and sambal with some rice. before that i did a roast beef with trimmings
>>
>>7372031
>sambal
ok that sounds good, imma look that up

I've decided to attempt making sponge cake today
>>
Made some dope Philly cheese steaks last night.
>>
File: IMG_20160213_210341.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160213_210341.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Aaand the results are in!

Turned out better than expected

> a successful Saturday
>>
>>7372708
Time well wasted.
>>
If you make a thread, you'll usually get a coherent answer
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.