[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /ck/ think of Trader Joes?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: trader-joes-opening-19.jpg (184KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
trader-joes-opening-19.jpg
184KB, 1024x768px
What does /ck/ think of Trader Joes?
>>
>>7367954
They never have any fucking parking and it's always packed.

Otherwise, it's pretty cool.
>>
>>7367954
Good place to get sundries and alcohol, and a shitty place for anything else because it's typically overpriced. Some of the frozen stuff is alright once in a while too.
>>
>>7367954
puff pasty is the cheapest i could find. wine is good. maybe some cheese. other than that i dont bother
>>
>>7367959
>typically overpriced.

That's how I know you're retarded.
>>
Canadian here.

Went into one in the states one time. Felt back for Mericans thinking it was "healthy".
>>
Overpriced and overrated.
>>
>>7367954
They have the cheapest macaroons I can find.
Meh otherwise. I'd go there but I prefer Henry's/Sprouts.
>>
>>7367954
Shills pls go. But seriously, mediocre meat and produce. What's left? Alcohol and prepackaged stuff. Okay, but not great.
>>
bretty good but I never go because it's always packed.
>>
>>7368026
>$1.75 for celery
>not overpriced
That's how I know you're retarded.
>>
>>7368203
What? I paid $5 for celery last week.

TJs sucks though, all the food is sub-par, catering to college students with microwaves and no refrigeration or means to cook real food.
>>
Too many "artisan organic gmo gluten free buzzword meme" food.

I stopped once for some instant coffee and it was overpriced as fuck since it was some "hand picked by virgins Colombian fair trade single source buzzword" tier shit.
>>
I'm not into much pre made food, so I generally only get coffee and dry goods like quinoa, rice, oats etc at Trader Joe's. Anyone know of anything that's a particularly good deal or just high quality I might be missing out on?

I live in Florida, so I generally just go to based Publix.
>>
>>7367954
>>7368427
I buy spices at Trader Joe's. Ridiculously cheap. Even if I go to my local supermarket, I can get spices at Trader Joe's for like 2 dollars for a bottle and not the small half-sized ones.

But yeah, you really have to look at all the products and know what you like. I still get a lot of the dried goods like fruit and nuts and sometimes cheese. The alcohol section is pretty nice though I don't buy any myself.
>>
They're alright
some stuff are cheaper than other chain grocery stores in my area
some stuff are more expensive

they sell some nice stuff
>>
the prepackaged/frozen stuff is good, but if i'm shopping for ingredients for the week, no way. there's a lot of basic stuff that i need that i can't get there and i don't want to have to go to two grocery stores.
>>
>>7367954
Too many leftists, but decent chips/snacks and okay produce prices, but not as good as the local farmers market
6/10
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.