[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Japanese VS korean foood

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 13

File: Kimchi-jjigae-recipe.jpg (39KB, 550x367px) Image search: [Google]
Kimchi-jjigae-recipe.jpg
39KB, 550x367px
I don't understand why so many people obsess over Japanese food. Have they not tried the godlike rich flavors and sour-spiciness that infuse Korean cuisine?

Ever since I tried korean food, I havent visited the local Japanese places (except for the occasional Tonkotsu ramen) as often.

You there, if you have never stepped foot into a korean restaurant, do so when you can, especially if you like spicy food. Kimchi Jjigae, a spicy kimchi pork soup, is highly recommended.
>>
>>7367542
Why do they have to be versus? They're totally different countries with totally different food?

That said I love yakiniku , but kimchi and the sides are almost all terrible.
>>
okay kim
>>
>>7367545
>Why do they have to be versus? They're totally different countries with totally different food?

Yes.
>>
>>7367542
I don't like spicy food at all, it makes me physically sick. Hence why I love bland salty Japanese food.
>>
Had both, the hyped up japanese stuff is better than korean, but every other japanese thing is kind of inferior to korean

Good thing the hyped up stuff covers a lot
>>
>>7367623
I literally can't figure out what foods you're talking about
>>
meh, it all tastes the same to me.
>>
I like both, but overall I like Japanese food better.
>>
>>7367542
Eh, I like it all. I'll have whatever I'm craving.
I've got some Japanese curry in my fridge that I made the other day, but I just finished eating a fucking dank bowl of dakbokkeumtang with kimchi and those sweet-soy sauce infused potatoes and some scallion pancakes.

I feel you when you say you don't get why people obsess over japanese food, but shit mayn, why obsess over any one cuisine, you're just cutting out literally a whole world of flavours if you do.
>>
I have GERD so i can't stomach any korean food except for japchae. I used to love spicy food too, but oh well.
>>
Japanese cuisine is objectively the worst East Asian cuisine, the only flavor profiles they have are salty and savory
Chinese = Korean > Vietnamese > Thai > Japanese
>>
>>7367729
Okonomiyaki is which one?
>>
>>7367734
sounds Japanese.
>>
>>7367542
The first and last time I stepped foot in a Korean restaurant, I got such bad food poisoning I had to go to the emergency room. NO THANKS, I'm good with my Japanese restaurants.
It's too bad too, because I was really looking forward to trying all sorts of korean food. But, it will never happen now, unless I make it myself. An experience like that haunts you for life.
>>
>>7367734
Did you mean what country, or salty or savory?
To me, Okonomiyaki is savory.
>>
>>7367754
The point was that Okomiyaki is a pretty complex flavor profile that has those two and combines it with sweet.
>>
>>7367759
True, the sweet is pretty subtle, though, the savory flavors (and salty) come through more, IMO.

Now I have to make some for lunch tomorrow because I'm thinking about it.
>>
>>7367759
>glorified weeb sandwich
truly the pinnacle of culinary achievement
>>
>>7367772
How is that a sandwich in ANY way? It's more of a large fritter if anything.
>>
>>7367750
Literally retarded. That's like saying you drank expired milk once and will never drink milk again as a result.
>>
We have 1 Korean restaurant in my country and I ate there once. The place apparently kept on going bankrupt lmao however it was fun eating there.

They were all wearing traditional garb, there were tv screens in the back. Mid service traditional korean karaoke music started playing and all the waitresses (all qt's) started singing in front of everyone.

The food however was nothing special. Opening was a mushroom based dish basically raw mushroom with sauce.
The pickled things they have, and this is cause I don't like the sourish taste of things, was okay at best. The main dish was a hotpot with meat you could put it and soup you could then drink but every Chinese and Japanese restaurant serves the same.

I just am not a fan of that sourish pickled food which is why I prefer Chinese or Japanese over Korean.
>>
>Korean cuisine?
i am Japanese
i think it is really good
i love well fermented Kimuchi ^o^
and good spicy Bulgogi flavor foods
but, too hot peppers to ordinary i think
>>
File: fuckfence.jpg (163KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
fuckfence.jpg
163KB, 640x480px
>>7367779
Are you so fucking STUPID that you think taking a drink of expired milk is the same as ending up in the hospital with food poisoning? I think we know who's retarded here, anon. (It's you, in case you can't figure that out).
>>
>>7367795
>generalizing an entire cuisine based on a bad experience at one restaurant
I'm sorry your autism caused you to miss the point entirely
>>
Korean and Vietnamese are so underappreciated.
>>
>pickled everything vs bland everything
Both overrated as fuck. That saying high end Japanese is pretty tasty
>>
>>7367802
And I'm sorry you're such an idiot you can't comprehend one of the most basic avoidance principles of our reptilian brains.
Also, if you can't think of anything better to say than "autism", just keep your idiotic mouth shut.
>>
File: IMG_2618small.jpg (500KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2618small.jpg
500KB, 800x600px
>>7367623
What is the hyped up Japanese cuisine?

And OP I am currently cooking exactly what is in your pictyre.
>>
I find Japanese food to be too sweet for my taste. So much sugars. Plain raw fish sushi is quite enjoyable if I want something simple once in a while.

I enjoy malaysian food like Asam Laksa so Korean food is right up my alley.
>>
>>7367831
top kek
>>
>>7367790
Your attempt at english is very adorable.
Do you ever find Japanese food all the time to be boring? Or do you like it long term?
>>
>>7367542
come on, be a gook somewhere else. you've got like /int/ or /pol/

Just because /ck/ doesn't have flags doesn't mean you can spill your shit kimchi all over the place
>>
>>7367840
>laughing because he doesn't understand

The village idiot, ladies and gentlemen......
>>
>>7367831
>He used autism as an insult, therefore I am correct and nothing about me or the things I type are flawed.
>>
File: DSC_0051.jpg (2MB, 3216x2136px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0051.jpg
2MB, 3216x2136px
>>7367845
You are butthurt as fuck... But that is okay. This is the norm here. Im not even the guy you are arguing with, im just a passerby.
>>
File: ccf3.jpg (208KB, 543x395px) Image search: [Google]
ccf3.jpg
208KB, 543x395px
>>7367706
Japanese curry tastes like a slightly crappy copy of chinese curry. I mean, it tastes allright, but I personally think that (Malaysian) chinese curry is superior.
>>
>>7367706
"Japanese" curry is actually British.
>>
>>7367873
No, I refuse to believe that my authentic nippon curry is by gross non-asian white people.
>>
>>7367833
Not OP but that looks tasty as fuck, whats in it?
>>
>>7367542
Sundubu Jjigae is all I've ever really had, but I'd love to have it again, as well as try some other dishes. I hear there's a Korean place in Nashville, which I am kind of close to, and I'm really considering giving it a visit.
>>
>>7367883

I used this recipe here

http://norecipes.com/recipe/kimchi-jjigae

(Careful, that website is shitty and can slow down your browser)

The difference is that I added a lot of brown button mushrooms and eggplant in mine.
>>
>>7367898
>Linking to shitty laggy sites

Just copy and paste the recipe. Don't support that shit
>>
>>7367900

Ingredients

Marinate
150 grams Pork belly - skinless (sliced thinly) 15 grams Garlic (3 large cloves grated) 7 grams Ginger - fresh (grated) 1 tablespoon Gukganjang (Korean soup soy sauce) 1 tablespoon Soju

Stir Fry
110 grams Onion (1/2 small onion sliced thin) 200 grams Kimchi (~1 cup tightly packed)

Soup
1/2 Kimchi juice (squeezed from kimchi)doenjang 1 1/2 cups Water 2 teaspoons Gochujang (Korean chili paste) 2 teaspoons Doenjang (Korean bean paste) 2 tablespoons Gochugaru (Korean chili flakes to taste) 225 grams Tofu - soft (cut into large cubes) Finish 2 Scallions (thinly sliced) 1 tablespoon Butter - unsalted
>>
>>7367902
Marinate the pork belly with the garlic, ginger, gukganjang and soju while you prepare the other ingredients.

Heat a heavy bottomed pot until hot and then add the pork belly. Allow some of the fat to render out of the pork belly, then add the onions and kimchi. Sauté until the mixture is very fragrant.

Add the kimchi juice, water, gochujang, and doengjang, stirring everything together to combine. Bring to a boil and taste for spiciness, adjust with gochugaru to increase the heat to where you want it.

Add the tofu, turn down the heat to a simmer and let it cook for 15-20 minutes, or until the pork and kimchi are tender. Add the tofu, turn down the heat to a simmer and let it cook for 15-20 minutes, or until the pork and kimchi are tender.

When you’re ready to serve the kimchi jjigae, add the green onions and butter and give it a quick stir to incorporate. Put a trivet on the table and serve it straight out of the pot along with a bowl of rice. When you’re ready to serve the kimchi jjigae, add the green onions and butter and give it a quick stir to incorporate. Put a trivet on the table and serve it straight out of the pot along with a bowl of rice.
>>
Can;t say I'm a fan of Korean raw fish. Though, I imagine their take on it is more in line with the Asian preference for excessively chewy/boney/otherwise bothersome bits of meat while Japanese sashimi is the xbawks/imac fish experience.
That or the Korean drinking culture leaves them not giving a shit how their fish is sliced.
>>
File: 1949_1279260242658.jpg (27KB, 248x251px) Image search: [Google]
1949_1279260242658.jpg
27KB, 248x251px
>asian cuisine in general
>>
>>7367912
White person, which european cuisine do you claim is superior?
>>
>>7367907
Also
>serve your sliced fish on a bed of glass noodles
>no one eats the noodles and looks at you weird when you attempt to
>>
>>7367842
Japanese foods are varied
curry spaghetti bread and anything
>>
>>7367920
Chicago
>>
>>7367853
japanese curry has no 'lemak' like the malaysian one and is also less spicy
>>
>>7367721
Have you tried Nexium? It can be expensive, but, it helped me with that. GERD use to make it hard to get to sleep.
>>
>>7367880
Even better, the British imported the concept from India
>>
>>7368087
I do take it, as well as Zantac. I wish the Nexium was cheaper but alas, at least I can eat some foods without feeling like shit.
>>
The meal is culture.
What is the Korean everyday meal?
I have not seen the photograph of the Korean everyday meal.
I want to see it.
>>
>>7368097

whoa
>>
File: P1030504.jpg (652KB, 1600x1201px) Image search: [Google]
P1030504.jpg
652KB, 1600x1201px
Japanese home curry.
>>
>>7368270
I usually like Japanese food, but Jap curry is one of the blandest things I've ever eaten. An old roommate of mine had studied abroad in Japan and he'd have his study abroad buddies over fairly often and make a big pot of the stuff. I don't know how they didn't get tired of it. They never tried to spruce it up, either.
>>
File: R0018224.jpg (330KB, 1280x850px) Image search: [Google]
R0018224.jpg
330KB, 1280x850px
>>7368289
Is all Korean home curry same?
All Japanese home curry is different. There is each recipe every home.
Therefore there is the out if there is the hit.
>>
File: img_7c.jpg (83KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
img_7c.jpg
83KB, 640x480px
>>7368289
I have not eaten it. Is the Korean curry delicious?
>>
>>7368350
>>7368363
Not Korean and never had Korean curry.
>>
>>7368350
Well, since korean curry is directly derived from japanese, its mostly the same but there are differences

First, koreans tend to mix whole of curry with rice before they eat. Im a korean myself but i think it's really retarded
Secondly, some koreans sprinkle some chilly powders on their curry. This too is fucked imo

Everyone makes curry with identical powder( o tugi brand) and ingredients, so often they taste blend as fuck.
>>
I have taught adults in both Korea and Japan, and I prefer Korean food more. every thing about it is just more satisfying.
>>
>>7368370
https://namu.wiki/w/%EC%B9%B4%EB%A0%88%EB%9D%BC%EC%9D%B4%EC%8A%A4
>>
I am a Japan-born Japanese.
I love Japanese foods, but think that the Korean food is very delicious.
However, I hardly know the Korean everyday meal.
I want to know it.
>>
>>7367920
All of them.
>>
>>7367729
>Vietnamese
Shit tier Asian cuisine. Shit sandwiches. Shit soups.

Korean is the best, and I fucking hate Kimchi.
>>
File: P1030412.jpg (758KB, 1201x1600px) Image search: [Google]
P1030412.jpg
758KB, 1201x1600px
The dining table of the Japanese family.
I want to see the dining table of the Korean family.
>>
I love Korean food. Especially koreans pretending to be japanese.
>>
>>7367625
>>7367833
Actually, now that I think about it only some sushi and pork Ramen count as better than korean for me. Call me a pleb if you want, I'm not lying about my tastes for e-peen.

The Japanese just don't seem to flavor beef and pork as well as Koreans otherwise. I've made japanese curry before, it's interesting but not as good as other curry.

I don't know which fried fish is which, though because I just do it at home with whatever.
>>
>>7368566
beef isnt really their specialty, most of their diet consist of seafood which they do good at
>>
>>7368604
You've never head of Kobe beef before, have you?
>>
File: 1453349141188.png (362KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1453349141188.png
362KB, 700x700px
>>7367542
>vs

But I like both.
>>
>>7368649
Flavoring, not the beef quality. Also kobe beef is rare af

What else do they have besides tonkotsu and teriyaki?
>>
this is the bomb bizzle
>>
>>7368500

Looks like weeb shit
>>
>>7369229
They're not weebs if they're actually Japanese, anon.
>>
>>7369262
Ok weeb
>>
>>7368500
I am American and I can say with authority that this is too much food.

One meat dish, one side dish, one drink my friend.
>>
>>7369273
the "side dishes" are toppings for the rice ya wingnut
>>
>>7369273
woah woah woah you have no authority to judge , to me this looks like a perfect meal for a family.

A La Julia Child philosophy, a little bit of everything.

well done
>>
>>7367542
>Japanese food is better when fermented
>>
File: budae jjigae.jpg (152KB, 604x600px) Image search: [Google]
budae jjigae.jpg
152KB, 604x600px
Budae jjigae is best Korean hot pot soup ever.
>>
>>7367846
>>7367849
samefag
>>
>>7369329
No they aren't they're side dishes.
But the pot isn't one serving. Its shared with the table
>>
>>7367806
Korean, other than instant ramyun, is definitely underrated.

Vietnamese is super popular, particularly pho and bahn mi.
>>
>>7367542
Korean detected
>>
both are average. Mexican is where its at
>>
>>7367545
ill never understand why the koreans use a japanese word to describe their grilling technique
>>
>>7370011
cause they got colonized by the japs for a bit.
>>
>>7370011
They don't. Koreans call it gogigui (고기구이).

>>7370026
That's putting it mildly.
>>
>>7367545
Their foods are pretty much the same though. Korean food is basically Jap food with a ton of spices and vinegar.
Thread posts: 93
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.