[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am going to a potluck and i need some unusual swedish

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: too hot.jpg (4KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
too hot.jpg
4KB, 125x125px
I am going to a potluck and i need some unusual swedish dishes to bring there
>>
if you are in a non swedish state just bring swedish meat balls for the love of god

yeah its trite and passe

but they taste sooo gooood
>>
>>7361909
There you have it - first answer is the best answer.
>>
>>7361907
>unusual swedish dishes
Bring something edible
>>
>>7361915
HA!
>>
I was going to say black cock but then I noticed you said unusual
>>
>>7361907
Swedish meatballs are dank.
>>
>>7362050
Not bad but the vinegary flavor profile is too much for some.
>>
>>7361907
define unusual.
> Nävgröt med fläsk
(dry as fuck flour porridge and pork)
> Korvstroganoff
(Sausage coocked in cream, seasoning and ketchup)
>>
File: 1454475089808.jpg (397KB, 780x2604px) Image search: [Google]
1454475089808.jpg
397KB, 780x2604px
>>7362095
>ever using ketchup for stroganov
>>
Maybe not the fanciest, but it can turn out damn tasty, Janssons Frestelse, which I believe is what you'd call a casserole, with long, thin cut potatoes and anchovies. Also we have these Knödel-ish things made with boiled shredded potatoes, called Palt, to be eaten with pork and lingonberry jam, my personal favorite. Something that I think most foreigners overlook in our cuisine is our pancakes, either alot thinner than your American ones (seriously, why would you want pancakes that thick?) and made in a pam, or baked in the oven, a bit like a Yorkshire pudding, sometimes with bits of salted pork baked in. Just ask if you want the recipes for anything, be glad to help.
>>
>>7361907

surströmming
>>
>>7362112
Googled it, is there really supposed to be cowblod in the palt?
>>
Or actually, why not a Flygande Jakob, it'd probably appeal to most american palates. It's chicken in a cream based sauce with sweet chili, mixed with sliced banana, small bits of bacon, and peanuts. Preferably served over rice.
>>
>>7362124
Pigs blood is much more common, though I suppose cow could work. That's Blodpalt though, not everyone eats that (though I think it's delish) and also Palt is mostly a northern thing if that matters.
>>
>>7362130
Sounds metal. Will go with this one. Thanks /ck/.
You would not happen to have some super secret tech for bloodpalt?
>>
>>7362135
Not really, it's actually pretty easy, though a bit labor intensive to roll 'em up. Equal parts blood and water, twice as much for as that combined. 2 potatoes/ Liter of flour. Roll to about tennis ball size around the core of (already pan seared!) pork. If you're not used to cooking with blood, the smell while boiling is a bit unusual, though not necessarily bad imo. Good luck anon, glad I could be of any assistance.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.