[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im in love with the cook-cook

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: CHIKKENSHIHHBULLSHIIIHHHHTTT.gif (2MB, 300x245px) Image search: [Google]
CHIKKENSHIHHBULLSHIIIHHHHTTT.gif
2MB, 300x245px
Im making Dinner for a couple of friends tonight

We're all in College and stoners so it doesn't have to be impressive, Im sure I could give them mustard on bread and it'd be a good night.

I want to do something with Chicken, Potatoes, and Carrots but don't feel like doing another boring "Throw all 3 things into Baking Pan, season, and cook in oven for an hour"

I was thinking of making my own Potatoe Wedges and maybe a nice fried breaded chicken, but what other d@nk fuds can I cook?

Im pretty stocked on cooking essentials and spices so thats not a huge issue.
>>
File: Philanthropist.gif (997KB, 500x257px) Image search: [Google]
Philanthropist.gif
997KB, 500x257px
>>
>>7344001
jim gaffigan looks terrible
>>
>>7344001
A whole roast chicken with mash and roast carrots would be great and requires very little active cooking time. Rub some butter and herbs under the skin, oil and salt the outside, pitch it into the oven.

If you wanted to go a little fancier, pan- roast skin on children ken with a pan sauce is easy as fuck. Sear chicken in very hot skillet, put whole thing into oven to finish. Remove chicken to a board to rest, reglaze pan with some flavorful liquid (white wine, cider, stock, whatever) and flavor however you like. Mount it with butter at the end by whisking in cold cubed butter a little at a time if you want a perfect texture, but it's not necessary. A pen sauce with white wine, shallots, Dijon mustard, and a little tarragon is a good one.

Third option- chicken stew. Sear diced chicken really well- that browning is the core of your stew's flavor. Do it in batches to ensure you sear rather than boil. Remove and reserve. Add onion and leek, cook on lowish heat until well browned. Add flour to form a roux, and cook this out for at least a few minutes. Slowly add stock, whisking it in. Add long cooking veg like potatoes and carrots, and herbs, like thyme and/or bay; simmer until tender. Add shorter cooking veg and chicken dice, cook until tender. You can also make dumplings and cook them in the stew.
>>
>>7344092
Hmm it appears that my phone for some reason auto corrected one instance of 'chicken' to 'children ken'.
>>
File: You are retarded.png (254KB, 448x450px) Image search: [Google]
You are retarded.png
254KB, 448x450px
>>7344098
Children still count as meat.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.