[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you bring lunch to the workplace, ck?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 25

File: not-image.jpg (35KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
not-image.jpg
35KB, 500x500px
How do you bring lunch to the workplace, ck?
>>
I eat beef jerky alone in a toilet cubicle.
>>
Buy it in the canteen then eat it alone in my car.
>>
>>7339732

Why eat in your car? Sounds uncomfortable and a great way to get your car messy. Don't they have tables in the canteen?
>>
Bring frozen dinner + snack in a grocery bag, put in refrigerator to defrost until lunch to reduce cooking time.
>>
>>7339735
Less distracting, plus I like to close my eyes and listen to spaceship ambiance.
>>
>>7339735
yes but they also have noise intrusive co-workers
>>
>>7339720
>asking a board full of NEETs about the workplace
hoh boy
>>
Plastic grocery bag. I bring leftovers and eat them warm or cold depending on how hot my trunk gets.
>>
>>7339748
Don't you mean 'wew lad'?
>>
My office has a toaster oven, microwave(s), a hot water dispenser, a giant coffee machine (that sucks dick), and a fridge.

I also work graveyards so the kitchen is all mine.

Basically, anything I want.

Never realized how good I have it, now that I think about it.
>>
>>7339732
Are you the guy who tried eating in your car in a mcdonalds parking lot that one time?
>>
Office has toaster oven, microwave, hot/cold h2o dispenser, one of those Kurieg one shot coffee makers and a soda stream.

I have one of those Pyrex glass bowls. I usually make lunch enough for the whole week on Sunday (I don't even know if I'm alive until about 2:00 PM). If I decide to make other stuff (I love having fried mushrooms with lunch) I bring it in a smaller bowl. I throw it into a paper bag (I don't see the point of spending money on a lunch bag/box unless you need to retain heat from home) with an apple and banana, which I usually eat either in the car or when I get to the office.

I work directly under my boss (it's this very odd mix between assistant supervisor and accounting) so I frequently accompany him on business lunches, I'd say at least twice a week.
>>
>>7339753
This. I just grab one and either throw in a plastic carton of leftovers or three, or throw in the ingredients I intend to put together at work. Oftentimes that's a bag of tortillas and whatever I plan to fill them with. Or bread slices and my sandwich fillings. Or a can of soup or something.

However, I live a 10-minute drive away from work and I have a 1 hour lunch, so usually I go home and reheat or cook something quick there. That way I can check my mail and sit and eat in peace rather than sit in the depressing break room. And I can watch/listen to whatever I want, have a beer, or even rub one out real quick. Fuck eating at work.
>>
File: burger-bento_jan12.jpg (54KB, 500x368px) Image search: [Google]
burger-bento_jan12.jpg
54KB, 500x368px
>>
>>7339720
Insulated cooler bag. A frozen water bottle inside, and likely a frozen capri sun too. No fridge at work cept shared. I like it at my desk, so I can pop open a cold tea or soda from the bag at whim.
>>
>>7339865
>No fridge at work cept shared
Did you think people sometimes get their own fridges at the office?
>>
>>7339772
GODDAMN that's a pretty fucking awesome coffee machine.
>>
>>7339884
Some people hide a mini-fridge under their desk in their cubicle.
>>
File: PlanetBox Rover Tray.png (1MB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
PlanetBox Rover Tray.png
1MB, 1024x1024px
I got a PlanetBox Rover tray at the local GoodWill for $2, usually pack a sandwich, crackers, some type of vegetable and a granola bar.
>>
>>7339932
that actually makes sense, thanks for clarifying your meaning
>>
tupperwear desu

>leftover chili/curry/stew
>salmon/bass/trout fillets w/ rice & veg
>'cha chicken breast w/ rice or couscous & veg
>>
File: cantstandya.jpg (117KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
cantstandya.jpg
117KB, 736x736px
>>7339932

It was either a mini fridge or a napping area, couldn't have both.
>>
Not eating lunches currently as I'm on a diet but when I'm not on a diet I just eat fruits for lunch. An apple a day keeps the doctor away...

On occasion I would just bring some leftovers in a glass container. Don't trust plastic that has to go into the microwave.

Kitchen here is pretty well stocked with the usual toaster oven, microwave, hot/cold water dispenser, free tea, there's a dishwasher which is great for any sort of food-related events, there's one of them Keurig coffee makers.
>>
>>7339741
>spaceship ambiance.
damn this sounds cool, link? Do you just mean like the engine sounds from Star Trek: TNG or something?
>>
File: 20160120_085615.jpg (416KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160120_085615.jpg
416KB, 1920x1080px
>>7339720
I have a bento box. I still need more practice making them look cuter.
>>
Bento boxes. They clean up nicely and they nest inside each other pretty well. I have a Totoro and Hello Kitty. Plus, I almost hate to say it but when salads look cute in those things I'm more likely to eat it. Stupid god damned salads.
>>
>>7340282
Why do all that work? Just eat your fucking food.
>>
>>7340310
Because I like cute things? It's not that much effort. The apples take like 5 minutes and that's the most time consuming part I've come across.
>>
I have to bring my own food or I would be dead in 10 years.

These fat faggots at work order thai/pizza/indian EVERY SINGLE DAY.

It's fucking hard to resist the temptation and join them. The entire office smells better than your own food.
>>
>cook up a pot of brown rice sunday night
>roast a chicken sunday night
>steam a few lbs of vegetables sunday night

Just put some of each into a tupperware container as needed, have a bottle of hot sauce at work, treat yourself to a bought lunch friday
Eating at work is not enjoyment for me, I want cheap and healthy, nice food is for when you have time to enjoy it
>>
>>7340316
Wouldn't the apples oxidize before lunch?
>>
7340316 They don't oxidize if you toss them with lemon juice. Same with banana slices.
>>
File: 1171959117011.jpg (14KB, 243x180px) Image search: [Google]
1171959117011.jpg
14KB, 243x180px
>>7340477
why would you ever peel and slice up a banana that you weren't immediately going to use?
>>
Sandwiches wrapped in clingfilm.

Usually a filling of spinach, tomato, and mozarrella cheese slices with a drizzle of olive oil and seasoned with cracked black pepper and sea salt.
>>
>>7340457
Nah, you can soak them in salt water for a few minutes and they don't go brown.
>>
>>7340520 Fruit salad or easier to take along in a lunch box. Ever squish your banana? That's messy.
>>
File: Locl_lock_1400125i.jpg (22KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
Locl_lock_1400125i.jpg
22KB, 620x400px
This. I bring rice and a protein most days and this has plenty of space.
>>
>>7340520

To hold on station at the restaurant so that when an order comes in for a dish involving bananas, I'm not wasting time peeling and cutting them, I can just grab some out of the reach-in.

Though that's not really relevant for a pack-your-lunch-for-work thread.
>>
Cooler in the car trunk. Two frozen bottles of water keep it cold. Have one bottle of water with lunch and the other one is still mostly frozen for the ride home.
>>
>>7339720
In a Mcdonalds bag
>>
Out of curiosity, what does everyone typically bring for lunch? I usually do leftovers, but when I don't have any I make a tuna sandwich, and I'm getting bored of that. Would like some other quick, easy recipes for when I don't have anything. Don't really want to buy cold cuts since I wouldn't eat them often enough.
>>
>>7340642
I am a total habit person, so I pack the same thing every day. It's more finger foods than anything: olives, cheese cubes, pepperoni stick sliced up, grape tomatoes, almonds. Total high protein./keto stuff. Totally filling and it's easier to nosh while I'm working.
>>
>>7339720
Usually I don't but when I do I bring a wrap because it doesn't get soggy.
>>
>>7339728
kinky
>>
>work

Yeah hahah us workers right...
>>
>>7340642
Usually a frozen dinner, sometimes leftovers from whatever I cooked at home the previous day or a sub sandwich that I picked up on the way to work. For sides; small bag of baby carrots or broccoli with a ranch cup, small bag of chips, cheese crackers, stuff like that.
>>
>>7339826
zoz i recall that
>too much 4chin
>>
>>7339720
I have a hearty breakfast and give myself the day to digest.
>>
>>7339720
I have a lunch box exactly like the one depicted in the OP, but

>Cold, steamed vegetables
>Cold rice
Is this even tasty?
>>
>>7339884
>Did you think people sometimes get their own fridges at the office?
I work in a university, but yea, people often have a mini-fridge in their office somewhere. I haven't really done it this year.

When you teach...there will be people who have postdocs from like, uhh, china...or just generally cheapasses who steal in the workplace from fridges. I've given up over the years having a bottle of halfnhalf that isn't used up when I want it, or my coffeemug missing. It just makes me happier to keep my stuff at my desk and not get involved in the mental drama of being pissed off.

With teachers, it's more about the problem of not being able to leave a classroom with the short breaks between classes, you're often far from your desk and pack up drinks, bars or snacks to have at hand when the opportunity arises.
>>
>>7340310
>Why do all that work? Just eat your fucking food.
This. Bento is stupid. It might be okay if you have some sad kid who attends an asian school for 12hrs of their life and need to remember mommy loves them more than other kids mommies with the effort.

I like prepared food, but damn if I'm going to do that work. Slap all those things into a flatbread and call it a wrap. Have a lovely dip that isn't 100% sodium too.
>>
>>7340546
>Sandwiches wrapped in clingfilm.
I tend to use wax paper. One around the sandwich, and one to lay open.
>>
>>7339732
Pretty much me

>>7339735
>Why eat in your car? Sounds uncomfortable and a great way to get your car messy

I like to eat in my car because I don't want to eat in the cramped break room and I don't want to listen to the shitty radio station my work plays literally every day.
>>
File: vlcsnap-00101.jpg (29KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-00101.jpg
29KB, 1024x768px
>>7340026
Lexx, for the green goo.
>>
>>7340922
It could be with a bit of soy sauce on it.
>>
File: YIllX0t[1].png (2MB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
YIllX0t[1].png
2MB, 768x1024px
I have a few bento boxes I use. It makes it easier when I'm commuting on the train to carry in.

Pic related - my lunch last summer. Fried rice, kiwi, strawberry, coconut pudding
>>
>>7340310
this cracked me up
>>
>>7340987
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rlr2WvLl8yM
>>
>>7340660
This sounds good, but I'm the kind of person who prefers an actual "meal" for lunch. That wouldn't let me feel satiated.

>>7340773
Really like this idea. I'll have to look next time I shop.
>>
>>7341161
what are those white cubes in the lower box?
>>
>>7339720
Each thing I put in it's own bag and I consume as I go. Three veggies, three fruits, a morning sandwhich, nuts and a pb and j.
>>
>>7341256
Not the one your asking, but a guess is coconut chunks.
>>
>>7340922
I have it for breakfast sometimes. It's pretty nice.
>>
>>7341161
>Pic related - my lunch last summer. Fried rice, kiwi, strawberry, coconut pudding
>coconut pudding
>>7341256
>>7341290
>>
Generally I just go out to eat.

Every couple weeks though I'll order a pizza and have it delivered. Eat it at the desk and then put it in my car until after work.
>>
When I worked a deskjob I'd go get 2 mcdoubles every day for lunch. I'd park at a nearby park, eat in the car and watch the kids play while listening to my police scanner.
>>
>>7339720
I work for my parents at a home-building company and our office is literally conjoined with our house. Either it's good leftovers or a slower dish that I can check in on every half hour.

Gotta love that commute!
>>
I bring tupperware or sandwich bags in a plastic bag with my silverware wrapped in a paper towel because I work in a fucking warehouse and ain't nobody got time for that instagram lunchbox shit.
>>
activated almonds
>>
Im looking for a bento box, it cant be pinku (thats japanese for pink) or any girl color. It has to be of 2 or more kotoba (thats japanese for 2 compartments) and has be be chibi (small) sized. And has to be really kawaii (cute). Also It has to be about 10-20 bux. And you have to post pics of it first (i want to make shure it's kawaii [cute]). And it would be nice if it came with matching chopstick holder (WITH chopsticks). OH! and it CANNOT have any cartoon pictures, or be made out of plastic. It has to be made of ceramic, or something like that. Also it would be nice if it was made in japan. and not in china or corea (korea) or whatever. I have found a bento box similar to the one im describing in e-bay, but it was 1 kotoba, and i dont want my gohan (rice) to touch my other things (it can get wet and i would not like that, plus 2 compartments looks more kawaii)
>>
>>7342186
I miss this
>>
File: deerfu.jpg (19KB, 236x351px) Image search: [Google]
deerfu.jpg
19KB, 236x351px
>>7342186
How about deerfu?
>>
I usually just bring leftovers in a container and heat them up in a microwave
When I was a kid working on our farms, we would sometimes be an hours drive away from food and electricity. Often i would light a fire around lunchtime and we would cook some meat brought in an eski. Having a hot meal during those long days was the only thing that kept me going sometimes
>>
>>7339720
I go outside, by a 500 yen bento, then take it back to the office.

ezpz japanesey
>>
File: 1453873379055.png (102KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1453873379055.png
102KB, 512x512px
>>7340310
>anon wants to have nice things
>can't
Fuck you fag.
>>
>>7340348
I wanna be you, man

Not joking. Still at university, a year away from my double degree, but food prepping, especially that kind of food, sounds like exactly what I'd like to do.
>>
>>7340348
Do you keep the containers in the fridge for that duration, or do you freeze some?

Just wondering; I have never stored cooked rice before.
>>
I just take whatever I find in the fridge. If you don't want people taking it don't bring something you have to keep refridgerated. Or use some kind of lock.

I do return the empty tupperware to the fridge before I leave though
>>
>>7342304
sorry thats only one kotoba (compartment) you baka (idiot) ganbarou (try harder)
>>
>>7342666
Doing God's work
>>
>>7340922
I always want to bring rice into work with me, but I'm always a little dubious about it. I've heard that storing rice can be dangerous? Due to toxins or some shit?

Obviously I know all food needs to be stored properly, but I've heard rice is particularly hazardous?
>>
>>7343174

Where on earth did you hear that?
Asians have been taking rice to work since time immemorial. You also see all sorts of prepared rice dishes (onigiri, sushi, etc.) out for sale in supermarkets and convenience stores all the time. Why exactly do you think this is dangerous when it's so commonly done?

You are freaking out over a total non-issue.
>>
File: best yogurt.jpg (20KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
best yogurt.jpg
20KB, 300x300px
best yogurt
>>
>>7340995
You're probably thinking of the extreme bentos that actually take way too much time. Most of the time it's pretty simple: rice, protein, and throw in some veggies.
>>
>>7343187
I think it was from stuff like:

http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/can-reheating-rice-cause-food-poisoning.aspx?CategoryID=51

Obviously, most of what is said here applies to ALL food, but it just always seemed people were really harping on about rice in particular.
>>
>>7343442

Sure. But the chance of that happening is vanishingly small. Note that the article says only that it CAN happen.

Well, every time you use an electric appliance there's a chance that you can be shocked. Does that stop you from using electric lights? Every time you get in a motor vehicle then you can be in an accident. Does that stop you from riding in a car or on a train?

Literally billions of people in Asia take cooked rice to work with them, or buy rice dishes for lunch that were cooked earlier in the day, yet there's no epidemic of them dropping dead from "rice poisoning".

You're worried about nothing.
>>
>live in an RV on a construction site
>have my own fucking kitchen
>still eat a TV dinner for lunch every day
fug
>>
>>7342416
What's that a double in? Homosexual studies and Human Resources?
>>
>>7340642
Wraps are fun, cool if you have some leftover chicken/beef and whatever vegetables you want, and you can put them together pretty quick and are easy to eat.
>>
>>7339720
I go home or out to lunch
>>
bento boxes are the original meme foodstuffs
>>
>>7346194
>bento boxes are foodstuffs.
>>
>>7339735
>Why eat in your car?

1.) Seats are more comfortable
2.) No kids running around
3.) No hobos begging for shit
4.) Music is better
5.) No co-workers
6.) Lunch hour is an hour
>>
>>7341256
It's coconut pudding, basically that coconut "jello" you get at Dim Sum sometimes. It's like pannacotta. Super easy to make.

Recipe is from a site called "Thirsty for Tea"
>>
>>7346222

You have children and hobos running around at your workplace? And how is #6 even relevant?
>>
File: JAcVDUN[1].png (2MB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
JAcVDUN[1].png
2MB, 768x1024px
Another lunch of mine

>Strawberries, mango & coconut flakes, two macaroons, some gummies.
>chicken enmolada with corn and radishes
>>
File: utada's face when.png (108KB, 300x245px) Image search: [Google]
utada's face when.png
108KB, 300x245px
>>7342382
>>
>>7339720
>>
>>7346199
Pretty much.
If they would not be faggots they would call them lunchboxes.
But they are full ass greased bottom bitches, so they call them "bentobento sensei uguu" shit.
>>
>>7340348
You are what I aspire to become.
>>
File: 1453853478953.png (498KB, 1100x720px) Image search: [Google]
1453853478953.png
498KB, 1100x720px
>>7342666
You're the scum of the Earth.
>>
>>7339720
>make delicious sandwich
>wrap in aluminium foil (no plastic foil, it might taste like taste)
>bring to workplace
>...
>profit
>>
>>7342666
If I caught someone stealing my lunch at work I would call security. Theft is theft.
>>
File: 41GS3FX0CML[1].jpg (24KB, 398x428px) Image search: [Google]
41GS3FX0CML[1].jpg
24KB, 398x428px
I've been thinking of getting a thermal lunch box, you wouldn't even need a microwave then. Just cook or reheat in the morning before going to school/work and you're good to go.
>>
File: picture not related.. I think.jpg (48KB, 600x493px) Image search: [Google]
picture not related.. I think.jpg
48KB, 600x493px
I used to eat or drink whatever I found in the breakroom that didn't have a name or date on it, because it was an unspoken rule that if you don't write your name on it, its anyones game.
Ice cream bars in the freezer, unopened cokes in the fridge, bags of chips on the tables all day. It was a cheap bastards paridise.
My new job has a camera in the fucking break room though, pointed right across the tables and at the fridge, so I have to be more careful
>>
File: da fuq.gif (791KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
da fuq.gif
791KB, 300x168px
>>7346483
>(no plastic foil, it might taste like taste)
>>
>>7346222
Hahaha you haven't driven through Harlem with the squeeqie fuckers coming up to your car. You'll learn.
>>
>>7339930
I had to reread his post to get it, but once I did, I was Loving Every Laugh
>>
I just bring snack foods for lunch and a cooler bag with a few drinks. That way i don't have to go to the lunchroom and can avoid the hordes of normies. If I'm feeling really adventurous i will put a lunchable in my backpack.
>>
>>7347031
>tfw you eat at your desk because normie coworkers make fun of you
>>
>>7346497

How airtight are these?
Because SD nice as this would be, I'll be damned if I'm going to end up wearing my soup for the second half the day.
>>
>>7347116
The good brands are completely airtight.
>>
>>
>>7346545
nobody likes it
>>
>>7347276
Those monbento boxes look nice, but they're expensive as fuck.
>>
File: 9888.jpg (313KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
9888.jpg
313KB, 1632x1224px
>>
>>7347516
I'm surprised munchie boxes haven't caught on in America.
That looks violently American.
Thread posts: 118
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.